PDA

View Full Version : Matching hair stick with outfit

W2
January 18th, 2019, 01:12 AM
I have hair pins in different colors and try to find one, that will match my outfit.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35086&d=1547799059

milosmomma
January 18th, 2019, 01:18 AM
That looks beautiful! Is it a disc bun? I like to match as well and have forks and sticks in a variety of colors. But sometimes when I want to be more subtle I go for a black or wood grain toy.

W2
January 18th, 2019, 01:57 AM
That looks beautiful! Is it a disc bun? I like to match as well and have forks and sticks in a variety of colors. But sometimes when I want to be more subtle I go for a black or wood grain toy.

I think it's a flipped nautilus bun

Simsy
January 18th, 2019, 02:00 AM
I like that stick; it’s a beautiful colour and sits so well against the silvers.

I occasionally match colours when I’m wearing colours other than black or fluorescent yellow; but most of my sticks are woods of various colours. The few colours I have are almost dayglow so they stand out form my hair a bit.

Milady_DeWinter
January 18th, 2019, 02:53 AM
I love it, W2. I would notice it for certain, and in any case yojr updos are really gorgeus :crush:

Lady Stardust
January 18th, 2019, 03:53 AM
It looks lovely and such a good thing to do. You wear it well :)

I love any opportunity to accessorise! I like to see different colours against white and silver hair because they show up so well. I used to get frustrated about certain colours getting lost in my hair, but that won’t be a problem as the silvers multiply.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 18th, 2019, 04:01 AM
That's lovely on you :D

lithostoic
January 18th, 2019, 06:13 AM
I have a black/floral hairstick that closely resembles my black/floral dress ^-^ I wore the combo to my cousin's wedding a few years ago and got tons of compliments.

Vacurlylady
January 18th, 2019, 06:25 AM
W2, wow your hair is beautiful. I cannot wait til I can learn how to make different styles of buns and it stay up with hair sticks, etc. 😍

ArabellaRose
January 18th, 2019, 06:28 AM
That looks lovely!

I don't have enough hair sticks/forks so for now I've matched my most used hair fork with my helix ear ring and my scaffold piercing bar, as well as a necklace (all of which have stunning, piercing light blue jewels on)

spidergoat
January 18th, 2019, 06:59 AM
I have some beaded hair sticks, some of which match certain prominent colors in my wardrobe, such as red (which goes with my lipstick when I wear it) and a black one that matches several of my shirts. My problem is matching them to my earrings, so I usually wear a wooden stick or fork. I'm lucky because my dad's a woodworker, so I get some beautiful toys. I love the look of your stick with your hair!

AmaryllisRed
January 18th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I can see it peeking out and would definitely appreciate the look if I saw you out in the world.

One of my goals this year is to build my collection so I can match my clothes.

Ylva
January 18th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Looks beautiful! :)

In the end of last year, I purchased a blue hair stick just so it would match a certain dress I have. I haven't yet worn them together, though. :D

Wildcat Diva
January 18th, 2019, 09:04 PM
I started an old thread about matching hair toy to clothes, but I’m pretty sure the links of the pictures don’t work anymore.

C_Bookworm
January 18th, 2019, 10:03 PM
That is absolutely lovely on you! And laughing at the “why do I bother” comment. I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone notice if my hair toys matched my clothes, so I know the matching is for me more than anyone else. But I do cringe if I feel like my hair toys clash with my clothes. I feel the same way if they clash with my perfume.

eresh
January 19th, 2019, 07:33 AM
I do this too! :o
I always try to match my hairstick/flexi with the colour clothes I'm wearing.

I shouldn't care if it matches or not....but still, I'd like it to match LOL

Cg
January 19th, 2019, 02:16 PM
I used to do this when I used 3-prong acrylic forks. Once in awhile I still can manage with two 2-prongs or my custom heavy duty 4-prong CMW, but mostly I have to rely on 4 and 5 prong Jeters.

It was fun to have coordinating clothing and hairtoys, though.

clandestine
January 21st, 2019, 09:16 PM
I like to match with my outfit, I dont usually do subtle or match to my hair.

GrowlingCupcake
January 21st, 2019, 11:49 PM
I like to match. For me, my hair accessories are like jewellery. It helps that I wear very similar colours all the time (black, grey, blues, purples), and I always have neutral accessories in various materials. Many of mine can match the same outfit but there are plenty that do not have any matches; I just wear those with a more neutral outfit.

lapushka
January 22nd, 2019, 08:26 AM
Gorgeous, W2! I kind of always "match", because I wear aluminum and titanium all of the time, and that basically goes with everything. Great idea for a thread!

MusicalSpoons
January 22nd, 2019, 08:34 AM
I LOVE your colour, W2! That's how I'd love my hair to go when it grows up :o

I match when I can be bothered, and when I feel like wearing a type of toy that matches - though I do sometimes match with the woods of my go-to Jeter forks, when I can be bothered. (My other toys are mostly flexis, acrylics/coloured sticks or coloured forks, but none of them are as comfy for when I need to rest as a Jeter :grin:)