PDA

View Full Version : More help as usual

Sparkles122
January 17th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone. So the last time I dyed my hair was November 15th and now I am growing out to natural. I actually have like 2 inches of natural roots. When I dyed my hair it was over bleach highlights so as you know, there was unavoidable fading. It actually hasnt faded quite as much as I thought it would. Id like to keep the color as nice as I can make it until I have at least 6-7 inches of regrowth which is the point where I feel it will be easier to grow this out and I wont care as much. I have 2 questions about the folllowing shampoo 1. Does it have silicones? As far as I can tell, I dont believe so. 2. Does this have any properties in it whatsoever that might have the slightest possibility of lifting and depositing color? If so, I dont want it

https://i.postimg.cc/21XRbgK0/3875-D278-73-B0-4-DEC-904-C-544-C2493-E0-E7.png (https://postimg.cc/21XRbgK0)

https://i.postimg.cc/p5B32SjY/4-DA8724-B-4-C35-4-F31-8-CE8-58-D978-C95-C5-A.png (https://postimg.cc/p5B32SjY)

Ylva
January 17th, 2019, 01:29 PM
It does not contain silicone.

I'm not an expert on the lifting, but it's a pretty harsh shampoo and if I'm not mistaken, has clarifying/chelating properties, which probably aren't very colour friendly. It's a shampoo for brunette hair and contains colour ingredients, so if you don't want any colour deposit, this probably isn't the best shampoo for you.

Sparkles122
January 17th, 2019, 01:32 PM
It does not contain silicone.

I'm not an expert on the lifting, but it's a pretty harsh shampoo and if I'm not mistaken, has clarifying/chelating properties, which probably aren't very colour friendly. It's a shampoo for brunette hair and contains colour ingredients, so if you don't want any colour deposit, this probably isn't the best shampoo for you.

I have brunette hair and I do want color depositing. I just dont want it to lift and deposit

Ylva
January 17th, 2019, 01:33 PM
I have brunette hair and I do want color depositing. I just dont want it to lift and deposit

It's not going to lift your natural colour, if that's what you mean. But if you have dyes, it's probably not going to prolong them.

lapushka
January 17th, 2019, 03:56 PM
I remember I have a sample of this. Should use it up.

It's not going to lift, and at most it is going to "enrich" any brown tones you have in the hair. I'm not sure what it's going to do to highlights, though! I'd be careful if there's blonde in the hair.

Sparkles122
January 17th, 2019, 03:58 PM
I remember I have a sample of this. Should use it up.

It's not going to lift, and at most it is going to "enrich" any brown tones you have in the hair. I'm not sure what it's going to do to highlights, though! I'd be careful if there's blonde in the hair.

No there is no blonde whatsoever in my hair right now.

2gaits
January 17th, 2019, 09:16 PM
I'm brunette and have a lot of highlights. I use this shampoo and conditioner about 3 times a week. It keeps my color richer and less brassy.

gustavonut
January 20th, 2019, 05:18 AM
I had my hair dyed dark brown recently and tried this shampoo. It dried my hair out a lot and actually made my color a little duller.

Sparkles122
January 20th, 2019, 01:25 PM
I had my hair dyed dark brown recently and tried this shampoo. It dried my hair out a lot and actually made my color a little duller.

Yes I tried it the other day. Definitely not impressed whatsoever. I dont think its worth the $10 i paid for it

gustavonut
January 20th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Yes I tried it the other day. Definitely not impressed whatsoever. I dont think its worth the $10 i paid for it

Right?! I was severely disappointed because the go blonder spray worked great for me.

lapushka
January 20th, 2019, 02:31 PM

Phew, I am glad all I have is a 50ml sample. I dread opening it up, though, because... does it stain your tub at all?

Sparkles122
January 20th, 2019, 03:41 PM
No staining, just a little on my hands but i used antibacterial soap and it came off

gustavonut
January 20th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Phew, I am glad all I have is a 50ml sample. I dread opening it up, though, because... does it stain your tub at all?

I accidentally dripped some of it on a towel and now it has little light brown stains.

lapushka
January 20th, 2019, 04:36 PM
I accidentally dripped some of it on a towel and now it has little light brown stains.

Did you wash it already? You mean it doesn't come out in the wash? :shocked:

Ylva
January 20th, 2019, 04:40 PM
I know that at least when I use Fanola No Yellow Shampoo, the cuticles of my nails remain purple for a couple of days after. :D

gustavonut
January 21st, 2019, 04:21 AM
Did you wash it already? You mean it doesn't come out in the wash? :shocked:

We washed it and it did not come out but we have a stain remover spray that hopefully will work.

Aerya
January 21st, 2019, 05:05 AM
I remember trying that a few years back and it didn't do much colour-wise. It just dried out my hair. I do recommend Revlon Nutri Color Creme though. It's like a pigmented deep conditioner. It won't lift your colour. Just be sure to apply evenly and be careful as it stains a lot.

Sparkles122
January 21st, 2019, 05:44 AM
I remember trying that a few years back and it didn't do much colour-wise. It just dried out my hair. I do recommend Revlon Nutri Color Creme though. It's like a pigmented deep conditioner. It won't lift your colour. Just be sure to apply evenly and be careful as it stains a lot.

Hmm that sounds interesting. I looked it up online and it seems to be hard to obtain. Are you in the U.S? Where did you find it?

Aerya
January 21st, 2019, 06:20 AM
Hmm that sounds interesting. I looked it up online and it seems to be hard to obtain. Are you in the U.S? Where did you find it?

I'm in Norway, found it in Normal (which has just about anything for a cheap price). I'm sure there are similar products around though, I know I've seen the same stuff from different brand. You could probably find something online.

lapushka
January 21st, 2019, 02:57 PM
We washed it and it did not come out but we have a stain remover spray that hopefully will work.

Seriously? I'm gonna toss that 50ml sample!!! If it stains towels, that's the last thing I need. Nooo way! Thanks for telling me. :flower:

spitfire511
January 21st, 2019, 02:59 PM
Humorously I used a 'red' color deposit shampoo back when I had highlights ( 20 years ago) and wasn't thinking clearly. I had PINK (and I mean bright pink) stripes in my hair that would NOT wash out (even with the harshest shampoos I could find!) The bright pink stripes with my hair color were disaster. My stylist tried and couldn't get it out so we wound up picking the highlights out again. (Hair was always short then and I obviously wasn't worrying about dye or bleach!) .

lapushka
January 21st, 2019, 04:48 PM
Humorously I used a 'red' color deposit shampoo back when I had highlights ( 20 years ago) and wasn't thinking clearly. I had PINK (and I mean bright pink) stripes in my hair that would NOT wash out (even with the harshest shampoos I could find!) The bright pink stripes with my hair color were disaster. My stylist tried and couldn't get it out so we wound up picking the highlights out again. (Hair was always short then and I obviously wasn't worrying about dye or bleach!) .

That sucks! :(

Yeah, I don't want to see what it does to my towels; or my hair!