PDA

View Full Version : Talking to your hair :)

Cate36
January 15th, 2019, 05:03 PM
Soo.. I was watching a youtube video interview with the woman who has the longest hair in the world http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/longest-hair-(female)

She does it for religious reasons.. never cuts her hair.. ever.. for any reason..

One of the things she does, is personalise her hair and talk to it. She likens it to plants.. that talking to them, makes them grow..

I've googled around to see if I can find anyone else who has done this.. I know it works with plants.. I've seen evidence that music and talking assists plants to thrive.

Does anyone here talk to their hair?

Cate36
January 15th, 2019, 05:03 PM
Better still.. who wants to experiment for a month.. talk to their hair each day.. and see if it grows faster? :)

Ylva
January 15th, 2019, 05:20 PM
That sounds like a meditative practice, which would help with hair growth through relaxation. If talking to one's hair helps one relax, then by all means, chat up your hair. :) I don't think it's for me though, because I am a quiet and introverted person in general and talking uses up the little energy that I have at any given time, haha. I try to focus on thinking positive thoughts (regarding my hair as well), though. I guess that's kind of similar.

Cate36
January 15th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Yeah I think it is a similar thing.. they think it works on plants because of the vibration.. however, I think it's a love thing.. the reaction it causes when you love someone else, or something else that is living (animals, plants etc).. like a mother healing a child with love and comfort.. talking to hair would probably have the same inner effect on the body, causing it to thrive...

I'm just not sure what to say... lol ..

lapushka
January 15th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Well, even though I don't believe in it, it sure beats being stressed over your hair. :shrug:

AmaryllisRed
January 15th, 2019, 05:45 PM
My hair grows pretty fast...
I don't talk to it, but I do talk a lot throughout the day. So maybe my hair is eavesdropping?

Cate36
January 15th, 2019, 05:49 PM
Well, even though I don't believe in it, it sure beats being stressed over your hair. :shrug:

:-) Love you Lapushka X

littlestarface
January 15th, 2019, 06:32 PM
It don't work for me :(.

lithostoic
January 15th, 2019, 06:37 PM
Idk, sounds like magical thinking. But I do believe what we put into the universe we then recieve back, so I'm conflicted :P Would I personally try it? No because frankly I don't care about anything that much.

*Wednesday*
January 15th, 2019, 08:04 PM
The only thing I talk to is my pillow at night. 😀 Yes. A meaningful 7 hrs.

aethyra
January 15th, 2019, 08:30 PM
My hair grows pretty f;)ast...
I don't talk to it, but I do talk a lot throughout the day. So maybe my hair is eavesdropping?

:cheese: ;) :agree:

pailin
January 15th, 2019, 11:12 PM
I talk to my hair on bad detangling days.. "stop that!"

Stray_mind
January 16th, 2019, 03:18 AM
I don't really "talk" to my hair, but i say a little spell rhyme every time i rub shampoo or oil in my hair. My hair does grow pretty fast, but i am Not sure weather it's my genes or everything else, hahaha.

spidermom
January 16th, 2019, 06:02 PM
Oh yes, I talk to my hair, I talk to my dog, I talk to my cat, I talk to the dishes as I wash them; I'm a real motor mouth.

MusicalSpoons
January 16th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Oh yes, I talk to my hair, I talk to my dog, I talk to my cat, I talk to the dishes as I wash them; I'm a real motor mouth.

:laugh: I love it!

I used to talk to anything and everything, just not other people if I could help it! Now I don't have the energy, plus I worked in a school long enough that I ended up bored to tears by the sound of my own voice :disgust: :lipssealed: I don't think I ever remember talking to my hair though, come to think of it :hmm: unless it was being unruly and not staying where I wanted it to (e.g. bun falling apart, or something) or getting in the way somehow.

littlestarface
January 16th, 2019, 07:04 PM
How can anyone not to talk to their hair? Especially when its acting up like a friggin brat, I'm always threatening it, trying to reason with it, begging, pleading with it :rolleyes:

spidermom
January 16th, 2019, 08:11 PM
:laugh: I love it!

I used to talk to anything and everything, just not other people if I could help it! Now I don't have the energy, plus I worked in a school long enough that I ended up bored to tears by the sound of my own voice :disgust: :lipssealed: I don't think I ever remember talking to my hair though, come to think of it :hmm: unless it was being unruly and not staying where I wanted it to (e.g. bun falling apart, or something) or getting in the way somehow.

I spend most of my time alone, other than the cat, dog, dishes, and hair.

Cate36
January 16th, 2019, 09:24 PM
I've been talking to my hair.. I tell it I love it, and to be good to me, and I will do everything I can for it :(

zashin66
January 16th, 2019, 10:26 PM
I've been talking to my hair.. I tell it I love it, and to be good to me, and I will do everything I can for it :(

Well.....yesss....... Sort of....
Not out loud...... But yeah...

(Sidles quietly out of room with mutters underbreath indecipherable.....)

Cate36
January 16th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Well.....yesss....... Sort of....
Not out loud...... But yeah...

(Sidles quietly out of room with mutters underbreath indecipherable.....)

lol.. I'm serious.. I've started to tell it that.. and write things down and place them under my pillow... Hair.. I love you.. Hair.. I do..

lapushka
January 17th, 2019, 05:50 AM
:-) Love you Lapushka X

You're pretty great yourself, Cate! Hang in there & be well, that is what I wish for you! :flower:

lapushka
January 17th, 2019, 05:52 AM

& a blabberfingers, let's not forget that. You & me can both join that category. :lol: :p ;)

joylightbeauty
January 17th, 2019, 10:14 AM
I do talk to my plants, but never thought about talking to my hair. Maybe I'll try this.

blackgothicdoll
January 17th, 2019, 11:20 AM
I talk to myself, and to my computers/network devices (but only to severely berate them). This is frowned upon at work. I'm sure if I talked to my hair I wouldn't have very nice things to say to it either. :x Rather, it would sign some papers, take the car and my savings and leave.

Ylva
January 17th, 2019, 11:33 AM
As a former YouTube gamer, I sometimes do gaming commentary just for myself. My hair can listen to that, maybe it enjoys watching gameplay, too. :)

MusicalSpoons
January 17th, 2019, 12:06 PM
I talk to myself, and to my computers/network devices (but only to severely berate them). This is frowned upon at work. I'm sure if I talked to my hair I wouldn't have very nice things to say to it either. :x Rather, it would sign some papers, take the car and my savings and leave.

:rollin: I was forever exasperated with the photocopier at work, especially when you needed just one copy of something Right Now in the middle of a lesson :laugh:

Laurelin
January 27th, 2019, 08:34 PM
My hair before last wash day was a mess! I fear what happened is me just holding it, staring at it intensively for a solid few seconds and then asking it ''Why wouldn't you love me back!?'' maybe a little bit too out loud... but then after washing it loved me back again and looked real nice so I think it worked ;)

Longlegs
January 27th, 2019, 08:40 PM
The only thing I say to my hair is "hurry up and Grow!" I don't think it's listening......

OhSuzi
January 29th, 2019, 05:29 AM
Perhaps talking to your hair / plants / pet earwig / fingernails / collection of vintage sports cars whatever
Alters your behaviour towards it because you’ve anthropomorphised it / them.

If it’s like a person you can have a connection with it, you might treat it better , look after it more, be more aware and think about it more often - be more aware of it's needs and feel guilt if its neglected?

sugar&nutmeg
January 29th, 2019, 11:01 AM
I'm more likely to threaten my hair, than to whisper sweet nothings to it.

"Look. I'm warning you, hair. BEHAVE. Or else!"

fwiw, it sometimes seems to work!

Kalamazoo
January 30th, 2019, 09:13 AM
I pray for my hair, & bless it. Sometimes other people pray for my hair, too.

My daddy said, "Give a dog a name, & he'll live up to it." So I talk to both my cat & my dog (that I accidentally adopted last week) & tell them that they're good, beautiful, etc.

I talk to other people about my hair & tell them nice things about it. My hair just happens to be hanging around, so it hears every word.

Simsy
February 2nd, 2019, 05:21 AM
I talk to my hair; usually to try and cajole it to detangle and just behave for me. I have, on more than one occasion, compared my hair to an angry toddler in full meltdown; the sort where you just braid the sucker without detangling because hostage negotiation is too much like hard work sometimes.

It usually settles down after a few hours/days and I can finish the detangling with minimumal complaining.

zashin66
February 8th, 2019, 01:55 PM
I need to apologize to my hair. I've been working a lot and not protecting the ends very well. (Collective gasps whisper in the hallway) .....(hangs head in shame)

Ylva
February 8th, 2019, 02:14 PM
I need to apologize to my hair. I've been working a lot and not protecting the ends very well. (Collective gasps whisper in the hallway) .....(hangs head in shame)

That just made me go "AWW!!". I want to give you a hug! :D

Alexandrina
February 8th, 2019, 03:08 PM
I've never thought of anyone talking to their hair before! But I guess it can't hurt, so why not, right? I probably won't talk to it, but maybe i'll start sending good thoughts it's way.

zashin66
February 13th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the hug Ylva