PDA

View Full Version : Hair Lint Madness.

Synester
January 13th, 2019, 08:43 PM
I tried to find the other hair dust/lint form 13 pages in I gave up. I couldn't even find my own that I made awhile back...ANYWAYS!
The lint in my hair is driving me absolutely nuts. What do I do??
What CAN I do.
How does anyone get lint out of their hair. I cant see it in my hair but when I brush it...my Tangle teezer is just FULL of lint.
I read on here from someone lint can be in hair for years and cause lint tangles for years.
My hair is tangly enough. This dustbowl dance going on in my hair just cannot be helping the knots I already have.

is there any super effective way to get it out. Washing clearly doesn't do it.
Im writing this half awake and frustrated as I get ready for bed and brush my hair out only to be greeted grey dusty lint everywhere. Im going mad lol :crazyq:

Julescarm
January 13th, 2019, 08:56 PM
Do you use oils? That can attract lint. I personally couldn't use silicone or leave ins with out brushing out a bunch of stuck stuff. I've been trying no oiling and have had a little less lint dirt buildup.

Spikey
January 13th, 2019, 11:03 PM
What kind of a brush are you using? And do you clean out the lint in your brush itself regularly?

EdG
January 14th, 2019, 03:24 AM
Here are some recent threads on lint:

Hair? Dust & lint magnet?
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135544

Detangler that removes lint??
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146381

Help with tangles
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148323

In my experience, lint is most easily removed while the hair is still slightly damp from washing. Lots of slip is required. I found that water-only washing is especially effective in getting lint out because sebum is both slippery and sticky.

I detangle with a wide-tooth wooden comb and my fingers. The comb ends up with a mixture of accumulated waxy sebum and lint. I clean the comb frequently with a damp washcloth.

The lint will come out eventually. Afterwards, combing will produce only a small amount of fine powder.
Ed

lithostoic
January 14th, 2019, 06:00 AM
Put a dryer sheet (the kind you use for laundry) over your brush and brush it!

Synester
January 14th, 2019, 08:48 PM
What kind of a brush are you using? And do you clean out the lint in your brush itself regularly?
I use a tangle teezer and clean it religiously I feel like they get dirty easily.

Synester
January 14th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Put a dryer sheet (the kind you use for laundry) over your brush and brush it!

oooh i will totally try that. sounds like it might do something lol. Might add some nice scent too!

AuntyMiki
January 14th, 2019, 10:11 PM
I have a husky and am forever cleaning double coat cotton out of my brush.

Begemot
January 15th, 2019, 04:54 AM
I believe it's best to work on preventing the lint getting on my hair. Wearing it up helps. I wash my Tangle Teezer at least once a week (admittedly it's very old and tends to collect lint and dust). Cleaning and dusting my living space. I have a lint brush/roller and I use it on my clothes and on my pillow case.