PDA

View Full Version : Costume party. Looking for suggestions?

JackintheBox
January 12th, 2019, 06:19 PM
I’d like to utilize my hair. It’s a chance to do something I otherwise wouldn’t do or feel comfortable doing. Any suggestions? Not sure that I can think of anything clever/unique off the top of my head.

blackgothicdoll
January 12th, 2019, 06:23 PM
THOR!!!!

No, it's not original. But from what I can see of your hair, it'd be fitting. :p

cjk
January 12th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Is the party themed in any way?

Are you wanting to go as someone recognizable? Or do you want to just look fanciful?

JackintheBox
January 12th, 2019, 06:33 PM
Is the party themed in any way?

Are you wanting to go as someone recognizable? Or do you want to just look fanciful?

Not themed and at least a chance of being recognized or something that I can st least explain.

cjk
January 12th, 2019, 08:04 PM
What does the rest of you look like? With your color, maybe LOTR elf? Some minor braiding and you're golden.

Or Ragnar. I'm not sure if you're bearded.

Longlegs
January 12th, 2019, 08:17 PM
Maybe you could use a temporary colour. Do a cosplay style, Harley Quinn or a similar character.

cjk
January 12th, 2019, 08:36 PM
Harley Quinn or a similar character.

Most guys couldn't pull off that look, successfully. The vast majority of guys wouldn't be comfortable even trying.

But if you are, Jack, more power to you. You go, gurl-friend!

Longlegs
January 12th, 2019, 08:39 PM
OMG I'm sorry I just assumed you were a woman. Stupid, I know. Okay then I agree a Thor or some sort of viking guy would be good.

blackgothicdoll
January 12th, 2019, 08:41 PM
Maybe you could use a temporary colour. Do a cosplay style, Harley Quinn or a similar character.

Most guys couldn't pull off that look, successfully. The vast majority of guys wouldn't be comfortable even trying.

But if you are, Jack, more power to you. You go, gurl-friend!

OMG I'm sorry I just assumed you were a woman. Stupid, I know. Okay then I agree a Thor or some sort of viking guy would be good.

I almost choked on my pizza laughing LOL!!

Longlegs
January 12th, 2019, 08:44 PM
My only excuse is Im new to long hair, is that good enough? . I am obviously a bit sexist and narrowminded too - LOL.

Seeshami
January 13th, 2019, 12:34 AM
Any kind of Viking or fanciful charcter like King Arthur would do.

And for the sake of insanity you can gender bend anything. Ooooooooooooooooooooo for the further sake of gender bent insanity you could go as the newest Dr from Dr who.

iforgotmylogin
January 13th, 2019, 01:44 AM
And for the sake of insanity you can gender bend anything. Ooooooooooooooooooooo for the further sake of gender bent insanity you could go as the newest Dr from Dr who.

I like this idea a lot

And yes you can. I didn't go anywhere dressed upfor Halloween just past, but I did perfect my Maho Hiyajo poses (see avatar) and hairstyle in case I did

forever alone

Knightly
January 13th, 2019, 11:56 PM
Viking, elf, pirate, He-man, Thor/Odin,

You can also try dyeing your hair with Kool-aid tho

OhSuzi
January 14th, 2019, 04:52 AM
Costumes based on being a long blonde male:

As already stated
Generic Pirate (with multiple plaits / dreads) / Elf / Viking
Or a more specific Leglolas elf or Ragnar / Bjorn / Thor / Odin 1 eye Viking Type - lots of various braiding choices there and theres you tube tutorials on how to achieve them.

Your long shiny hair would make a good dred pirate roberts from the Princess Bride, pretty simple yet dashing costume
Black trews, flouncy black shirt / black bandanna with eye holes and a sword!

Also there’s a few time periods in history where guys had long hair like 17th /18th Century frills n waits coats n things
You could be Casanova / Dick Turpin
Mostly just plaiting your hair damp to get braid waves & wearing it down / in a low pony though

A 1960s Hippie

Or a 1980s Rocker / Metal head
Garth from Waynes world esp if you have a mate to be Wayne.
Axl Rose – from Guns n Roses
Lars Ulrich from Metallica

Noodles from The OffSpring - he had blond plaits / dreads

A Surfer Dude

Generic WWF Wrestler - or Hulk Hogan

If you’re up for drag theres more hair styles involved:
I think Harley Quinn could be amazing!!
Theres lots of other famous iconic blonde bombshells – Blondie / Madonna – coney bra high blonde pony / Lady Gaga (she has some very easily recogniseable costumes like the one made of meat, or a dress made out of loads of stuffed soft toys put together and fun hair dos)/ Veronica Lake / Patsy from Absolutely fabulous / Stevie Nicks / Taylor Swift / Gwen Stefani- again she has alot of iconic outfits & hair styles.

Be a Lannister or Targaryen from Game of Thrones – Male or Female – but Denarys Targaryen would be pretty spectacular if you can get yourself a dragon!

there's probably a lot of cool anime characters bothe guys and girls with long blonde / white / silver hair if your seriously into some cosplay
again you could go for accuarcy Ka Suo from Ice Fantasy (pretty similar to an elf really & has a crown)
or fun drag - saillor moon?

More obscure & more effort – braid / find some one who can braid your hair for you into a sort of dutch braid / faux hawk
And find some kind of half horse costume – transfom your self into a centaur or a unicorn?
Make loads of braids with wire braided in & turn them into Medusa snakes?

if you can – pictures of whatever you go with would be great!!! Or at least a description of your final costume choice / hair style :)

Viola_sororia
January 14th, 2019, 10:51 AM
A roman woman's costume is pretty easy to drape with sheets/lengths of colorful fabric, and they had beautiful, intricate updos.

Edit: sorry, I assumed you were a woman. I'll leave this up, though, in case someone out there benefits from the idea.

CopperButterfly
January 14th, 2019, 11:01 AM
I've seen some awesome gender bent Elsas (from frozen) and that could be fun with your hair color.

Otherwise I vote for Viking, because there are some seriously awesome Viking braided hair styles.

embee
January 14th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Maybe Cousin It. ..

DaniGirl
January 14th, 2019, 07:46 PM
What about Zeus? You could do a toga and some braid waves.

goneJackal
January 14th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Garth, obviously!

https://data.whicdn.com/images/63829200/large.jpg

Ok, your hair is way past that... https://felipesv.websiteseguro.com/forum/k_gargalhada.gif

Could be Alucard (from Castlevania), Lucius Malfoy, an elf...

JackintheBox
January 18th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I’ll have to keep them in mind for the future though I don’t have the skill for many. Settled on going as an elf from LOTR with a braided halfup. Nothing to crazy.