PDA

View Full Version : Knee by Christmas 2019!

lapushka
January 12th, 2019, 07:29 AM
It's a lofty goal, but FTL is about mid-thigh on me, and I need 4-6 more inches approximately, so I "might" make it.

Who wants to join me?

pailin
January 12th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Oh, I'd like to, but I don't think it's realistic. I just checked and I think I have about 8 inches to go, unstretched. Of course I just trimmed right before new years so maybe I should go back to no-trimming and see how close I can get. Assuming I don't stall out, I should get to knee when sopping wet in the shower, at least!

lapushka
January 12th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Oh, I'd like to, but I don't think it's realistic. I just checked and I think I have about 8 inches to go, unstretched. Of course I just trimmed right before new years so maybe I should go back to no-trimming and see how close I can get. Assuming I don't stall out, I should get to knee when sopping wet in the shower, at least!

You never know, you might have a growth spurt -and it's all in how you measure. Maybe this time you need to measure sopping wet. ;)

In any case, you're welcome to join and see how far you get! :flower:

Cg
January 12th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Mrs Longshanks here won't reach knee for several years, but I'll watch others' progress and cheer everyone on.

lapushka
January 12th, 2019, 04:43 PM
Mrs Longshanks here won't reach knee for several years, but I'll watch others' progress and cheer everyone on.

Aw that's nice of you; come on I can't be the only one? :hmm: :lol:

lapushka
January 13th, 2019, 04:52 AM
Now I wonder if I didn't set my goal too fast, but 6 inches in a year should be do-able.

No one else?

butterfly_dream
January 13th, 2019, 06:44 AM
I am in, but I am cheating :oops:, because I only have ½ of inch to go to “solid knee”. Then I will maintain till the end of the year.
So knee with thick blunt hemline by Christmas 2019 for me.

pailin
January 13th, 2019, 07:03 AM
You never know, you might have a growth spurt -and it's all in how you measure. Maybe this time you need to measure sopping wet. ;)

In any case, you're welcome to join and see how far you get! :flower:

I'm in to see what happens ;)
I do seem to have a habit of reaching big milestones in February. But we'll see!

lapushka
January 13th, 2019, 07:57 AM
I'm in to see what happens ;)
I do seem to have a habit of reaching big milestones in February. But we'll see!

Oh oops yes, I forgot you were in too! Silly me. Darn it!!!

I don't think it's cheating at all if you have a tiny bit to go. I mean you could stall, anything could happen. I was classic by half of the year in the classic to Christmas thread, but I didn't expect my hair to get there that fast. And I was FTL by the end of the year as well.

This thread is open to anyone. :flower:

pailin
January 13th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Let's do it then!

lapushka
January 13th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Let's do it then!

Yaaay! :cheer:

Dark40
January 13th, 2019, 02:48 PM
I agree with Cg. I won't make it to Knee until a couple of years from now but I will watch everyone's progress and cheer everyone on.

sophia_
January 13th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Oof, I started my own thread which gives me a lot more wiggle room, but if my hair decides to double its usual growth and I don't trim, it's technically possible. I won't bet on it though, lol.

zashin66
January 15th, 2019, 01:40 AM
Just for the fun of joining. I'll try!!! But I'm 68" tall so I don't know...... Still edging up on fingertip

lapushka
January 15th, 2019, 06:20 AM
zashin, you can try & go for it, even if you "almost" reach knee, it's going to be quite the journey! :flower:

zashin66
January 15th, 2019, 08:46 AM
zashin, you can try & go for it, even if you "almost" reach knee, it's going to be quite the journey! :flower:

Here is where I'm at right this minute. Just got off work and took my hair down from the French braid it has been in all night. I like the blond of hair against the blue of my nursing uniform for contrast.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35071&d=1547566702

lapushka
January 15th, 2019, 10:48 AM
I think you have a good chance to get there (if you don't trim). Very pretty! :)

FairHairedDane
January 16th, 2019, 02:03 AM
Count me in!
I'm currently at FTL after a 8 cm cut I did in December.
Knee is about 140 cm on me, FTL is 128. I think my hair grows about 10-15 cm a year, so the math says it is possible for me to reach (my hair might not agree :p)

Ylva
January 16th, 2019, 06:33 AM
Intruding...

FairHairedDane, is it possible that I have seen a bun tutorial made by you on YouTube? :hmm:

Vacurlylady
January 16th, 2019, 06:39 AM
I’m in here watching 👀 and listening 👂🏻to all the long hair chatter. I just love to watch and hear about hair growing.... Good luck you guys.

Vacurlylady
January 16th, 2019, 06:41 AM
Here is where I'm at right this minute. Just got off work and took my hair down from the French braid it has been in all night. I like the blond of hair against the blue of my nursing uniform for contrast.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35071&d=1547566702

Your hair is gorgeous! And I do love your blonde next to your blue uniform! 😍

lapushka
January 16th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Count me in!
I'm currently at FTL after a 8 cm cut I did in December.
Knee is about 140 cm on me, FTL is 128. I think my hair grows about 10-15 cm a year, so the math says it is possible for me to reach (my hair might not agree :p)

Yay! :cheer:

zashin66
January 16th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! And I do love your blonde next to your blue uniform! ��

Thank you Vacurlylady. My hair can look really bland but the blue is such a nice contrasting color. I also like black. It is such a blessing to be able to see/share journeys with all the folks here. I see so many beautiful elegant 'hairs' here and feel joy that I can be a part. No one in my usual life really understands my desire to grow my hair. So this site is wonderful and all is you here make it very special.

Cate36
January 16th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! And I do love your blonde next to your blue uniform! ��

I LOVEEEEEE it tooo! SOOOOOO beautiful.. ! Fluffy, gorgeous colour, beautiful!!!!

MidnightMoon
January 16th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Well, not me... my goal used to be knee, but this year I decided I prefer shorter hair that I can wear down, straighten occasionally, and just damage a bit without having a heart attack.
I also realised it was growing too slowly, and with my texture it might not even look great... I like thicker ends, but unfortunately my hair is so fine that they end up a bit dry all the time. And I don't know... I just want to stop making hair the center of my life (my family life has more than helped in that regard :/). I will focus on other body features this year.
I still think knee is lovely and what is "wow their hair is extremely long", so I wish luck to those trying.
And zashin, your hair is just amazing. I've said it already, but it's worth repeating.

zashin66
January 17th, 2019, 02:00 AM
And I don't know... I just want to stop making hair the center of my life (my family life has more than helped in that regard :/). I will focus on other body features this year.
I still think knee is lovely and what is "wow their hair is extremely long", so I wish luck to those trying.
And zashin, your hair is just amazing. I've said it already, but it's worth repeating.
Well in real life I'm mom, daughter, and nurse. So this is my 'guilty' pleasure. I can put up my hair in a braid or bun and it 'disappears' and then I can enjoy it in private moments. (Nutthin' kinky here folks..... Just move on along about your business... Nutthin' to see...)

I LOVEEEEEE it tooo! SOOOOOO beautiful.. ! Fluffy, gorgeous colour, beautiful!!!!
Thank so much. I just posted to the Patene love thread about how I'm dependent on their sleek product for my coarse horse hair to feel soft and have nice slip. With out that I'm dead in the water with dry looking fibers that do not look anything like fairy tale hair.

MidnightMoon
January 17th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Well in real life I'm mom, daughter, and nurse. So this is my 'guilty' pleasure. I can put up my hair in a braid or bun and it 'disappears' and then I can enjoy it in private moments. (Nutthin' kinky here folks..... Just move on along about your business... Nutthin' to see...)

Yeah, I get that, but with a 5 month old I don't find much time for myself yet. Maybe when he's a little older. These days I just put it up with claw clips, and sometimes go without brushing it until I go out somewhere.
The free time I have I end up spending cleaning, cooking, or taking a shower... but I really hope the situation improves, specially when I'm done BF because that takes up waaay too much time.
I might consider growing longer later on, that's why I'm maintaining at a length from where it wouldn't take so long to get there.
I do enjoy the freedom or mind ease that maintaining gives me. I still stress about split ends or think twice before straightening it, but it's no longer such a big worry.

lunalocks
January 17th, 2019, 04:26 PM
zashin66 what a beautiful head of hair you have. I'm 71 inches tall and it's quite a hair journey for us tallies, isn't it. By the way, I'm a nurse, too!

I've been hovering just above knee for quite some time. DD actually said it was at knee at one point, before my huge Fall shed. Now I'm not so sure. Wondering if I've hit terminal but I've had stalls before.

My plan for 2019 is to eat and sleep and exercise well and try to take care of my stress levels. So far so good, maybe this will jump start my growth.

zashin66
January 24th, 2019, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I get that, but with a 5 month old I don't find much time for myself yet.

Ya I get that. I remember vividly those times. My kiddos are 12 & 13 currently. Enjoy that baby because the time goes so fast and before you know it your planning for when they want their first car.....

Ligeia Noire
January 24th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Zashin So beautiful. I love your waves. It makes it more alive. Just gorgeous. You and Lapushka seem to have very similar hair but different colours. Lets have a next year full of super long haired folks.

zashin66
January 24th, 2019, 11:45 AM
zashin66 what a beautiful head of hair you have. I'm 71 inches tall and it's quite a hair journey for us tallies, isn't it. By the way, I'm a nurse, too!

I've been hovering just above knee for quite some time. DD actually said it was at knee at one point, before my huge Fall shed. Now I'm not so sure. Wondering if I've hit terminal but I've had stalls before.

My plan for 2019 is to eat and sleep and exercise well and try to take care of my stress levels. So far so good, maybe this will jump start my growth.
Thank you Lunalocks. I agree on taking care you. Your health is super important to health for your hair. I think I'm going through a growth slump because of my stressful 2018 year. That's why I'm jealous of Lapushka hitting FTL. As nurses we are extra aware of the connection between health and everything else in our lives.

Zashin So beautiful. I love your waves. It makes it more alive. Just gorgeous. You and Lapushka seem to have very similar hair but different colours. Lets have a next year full of super long haired folks.

LOL. Well Lapushka has a bit of beauty ahead of me. She is beautiful inside and out!! But if I get to be compared to anyone she is a great good one to be in the same ballpark with.
Yahhhhh for 2019:cheer::cheer::cheer::beerchug::beerchug::joy: :joy::hifive::hifive:

lapushka
January 28th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Thank you Lunalocks. I agree on taking care you. Your health is super important to health for your hair. I think I'm going through a growth slump because of my stressful 2018 year. That's why I'm jealous of Lapushka hitting FTL. As nurses we are extra aware of the connection between health and everything else in our lives.

LOL. Well Lapushka has a bit of beauty ahead of me. She is beautiful inside and out!! But if I get to be compared to anyone she is a great good one to be in the same ballpark with.
Yahhhhh for 2019:cheer::cheer::cheer::beerchug::beerchug::joy: :joy::hifive::hifive:

You are such a sweetheart! Aaah I'm tearing up... Thank you. :flower:

pailin
March 23rd, 2019, 01:26 AM
I'm going to wake up the thread...
I​ had basically no growth for the first couple months of 2019. I was also wondering if I'm losing more hair, and about a week ago finally checked my circumference - I've lost maybe a half an inch since the last time I measured, 3-5 months ago. 3 inches now, which I know is still pretty decent, but I do not like the trend. I've had a few other things going on, but been trying to ignore them. This got my attention and I will see a doctor in 2 weeks. Also trying to be more careful what I eat, and I started a hair vitamin with silica. It's been pretty depressing.

So I decided to go ahead and check my length again, and I've gained another inch, so at least I am still growing after all. But I need to find out what is going on with my health.

lapushka
March 23rd, 2019, 07:51 AM
I'm going to wake up the thread...
I​ had basically no growth for the first couple months of 2019. I was also wondering if I'm losing more hair, and about a week ago finally checked my circumference - I've lost maybe a half an inch since the last time I measured, 3-5 months ago. 3 inches now, which I know is still pretty decent, but I do not like the trend. I've had a few other things going on, but been trying to ignore them. This got my attention and I will see a doctor in 2 weeks. Also trying to be more careful what I eat, and I started a hair vitamin with silica. It's been pretty depressing.

So I decided to go ahead and check my length again, and I've gained another inch, so at least I am still growing after all. But I need to find out what is going on with my health.

Normally circumference can vary throughout the year, which is why I recommend only measuring yearly. I don't know if half an inch is that much a cause for concern, but it's not bad you're having it checked out, just to be on the safe side!

I hope your doctor's visit goes well.

pailin
March 24th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Thanks Lapushka. I've never measured frequently, but it has always been very consistent as long as I measured carefully (if I try to be lazy and don't actually fasten the ponytail first, I get another quarter inch). I'm not sure what I'd think if it was only the hair. But since I've had some other weird symptoms....​Well, they're things I probably should have gotten checked out a year ago.

zashin66
March 24th, 2019, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone!!

I've been really "quiet" lately so I wanted to pop back in for a minute. In a few days I'll get my DS or DD to get a picture of my hair for updates. I'm gonna do it with my uniform on because it has such a good contrast and shows my hair up really well. I did seriously measure five days ago so I can announce that my hair is 49 inches (124.5 cm) currently
and yes Lapushka I'm finally past the fingertip length (she adds quietly)
My goal length is at 74 inches (188 cm). Those inches seem to creep up on me. Not there then there all of a sudden.:blossom:

lapushka
March 24th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Hope your appointment goes well, pailin! Good luck & keep us posted on the hair front (after all it's the open forum here).

Hi everyone!!

I've been really "quiet" lately so I wanted to pop back in for a minute. In a few days I'll get my DS or DD to get a picture of my hair for updates. I'm gonna do it with my uniform on because it has such a good contrast and shows my hair up really well. I did seriously measure five days ago so I can announce that my hair is 49 inches (124.5 cm) currently
and yes Lapushka I'm finally past the fingertip length (she adds quietly)
My goal length is at 74 inches (188 cm). Those inches seem to creep up on me. Not there then there all of a sudden.:blossom:

Yes! :cheer: I read that small green print! ;)

lapushka
April 7th, 2019, 04:08 AM
It's obvious that this thread is no longer for me. I have cut back FTL+ to classic, so I won't be challenging myself to reach knee anytime soon. I have decided to maintain my length, or cut back at the beginning/end of a year to classic and then letting it grow the year until FTL or thereabouts and cutting back again when the year is out. I will maintain that process!

pailin
April 7th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Lapushka, I'm glad to hear you're doing what's comfortable for you. You ought to be enjoying your hair, wherever your happy length is.

lapushka
April 9th, 2019, 04:22 AM
Lapushka, I'm glad to hear you're doing what's comfortable for you. You ought to be enjoying your hair, wherever your happy length is.

Thank you so much! :D

pailin
April 22nd, 2019, 04:04 AM
So I did see the doctor and everything is fine. But I think I'm still losing more hair than I should every day, although I refuse to count sheds. So I'll see what happens. I may still be on track to at least get to knee stretched by Christmas, but I'll have to see.

lapushka
April 22nd, 2019, 07:10 AM
pailin, hang in there! I know it can be rough. Maybe it's seasonal. Let's just hope it's that.

I'm glad this thread is still serving its purpose, even though I'm out of the challenge. :o

You go girl!
And I'm so glad everything checked out at the doctor! That's a good thing!

pailin
April 23rd, 2019, 01:28 AM
Thanks, Lapushka. It is good that there's nothing wrong. However, the labwork showed that I'm perimenopausal, so it may well be hormonal, in which case..... It might be a while for it to stabilize. I've started a hair vitamin with zinc and silica and b vitamins (I forget which it's supposed to be) to see if that helps, and I'm trying to eat more carefully (ie consistent protein).

zashin66
April 24th, 2019, 07:59 AM
It's obvious that this thread is no longer for me. I have cut back FTL+ to classic, so I won't be challenging myself to reach knee anytime soon. I have decided to maintain my length, or cut back at the beginning/end of a year to classic and then letting it grow the year until FTL or thereabouts and cutting back again when the year is out. I will maintain that process!

That will be fun in and of itself. You will have absolute proof of how much your hair grows in a year and then as the years pass, if you are so inclined, you can average your years together and have your absolute average hair growth in a year..... If you wish too........

Fairy good momma... May your years be filled with blessedness. May you always wear your beautiful hair as the crown it is and may your advice and beautiful spirit shine out as your curls are highlighted by the sunny day.

lapushka
April 24th, 2019, 08:50 AM
That will be fun in and of itself. You will have absolute proof of how much your hair grows in a year and then as the years pass, if you are so inclined, you can average your years together and have your absolute average hair growth in a year..... If you wish too........

Fairy good momma... May your years be filled with blessedness. May you always wear your beautiful hair as the crown it is and may your advice and beautiful spirit shine out as your curls are highlighted by the sunny day.

You are so sweet, zashin! I love it!

More than 1/2 inch a month, I hardly ever get. So 6 inches a year is about normal for me. Yeah, if only we could piece those bits together afterwards, right. That would be something. But I rather choose texture over length, and the fact that I can dabble in my products and stylers and still have "enough" length to deal with.