PDA

View Full Version : Thickness

GardenHorse
January 11th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Hello!

I just meassured my thickness of my hair to find out that I only have 7 cm in circumference.

Id like to hear if there is any more people having this or if it's normal/too little. I am worried I will lose all my hair because I am shredding pretty much as well. I am only 19 years old and when I was a bit younger I used to have way thicker hair. Could it be because I bleached it last year? I take multivitamins etc. And I am eating healthy and working out.
My current lenght is BSL, maybe my thickness will grow back?

Hope you all have a nice weekend 😁

Danglish
January 11th, 2019, 10:22 AM
I measured my hair when it was at APL with bangs several times over the years, and it was always 7 cm in circumference(with the measuring band pulled veeery tightly, of course, and the hair oiled). I'd go to the doctor for the shedding, but otherwise not worry about it. Despite the impressive measurements of thickness around here, the average thickness of a full head of hair is exactly at 7.5 cm, so you're completely average

GardenHorse
January 11th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Thank you so much!

lithostoic
January 11th, 2019, 10:56 PM
It's pretty likely the bleach caused the change in thickness. My hair goes from 3" virgin, to only 2" where my bleach starts (growing it out).

lapushka
January 12th, 2019, 08:21 AM
I once saw a woman in the chair next to me get full all-over bleach, and when the hairdresser went to comb her hair, *chunks* came out, and she just didn't show the customer. I didn't interfere - none of my business, but yes you can lose a whole lot of hair when you have bleach touch your roots. That is why highlights are always the better way to go as it doesn't do that.