PDA

View Full Version : So maybe I'm a little crazy...

SwanFeathers
January 10th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Ok, I just did a pre-poo and ROO...on my dog. She has a special kind of double coat that needs to be washed as little as possible so as not to dry it out, but I have company staying over the weekend and needed her to sparkle. So am I crazy to spend the extra time and effort to do this? Or is it too weird?

Cg
January 10th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Ok, I just did a pre-poo and ROO...on my dog. She has a special kind of double coat that needs to be washed as little as possible so as not to dry it out, but I have company staying over the weekend and needed her to sparkle. So am I crazy to spend the extra time and effort to do this? Or is it too weird?

Sure doesn't sound weird or crazy to me. I took my elkhound for special annual shampoo and oil his whole life. It took two days, half his body at a time. Boy did he look gorgeous!

ursaV
January 10th, 2019, 10:44 AM
No way! Is she sparkling?? Nothing is crazy if it works ;) I enjoying brushing my puppy just as much as brushing myself :cool:

Larke
January 10th, 2019, 03:53 PM
That sounds awesome! My dog had super long fur that was starting to get matted, so we had to shave her. It was almost physically painful for me watching that. I love that you put the time into pampering your dog and making her look great. :D

blackgothicdoll
January 10th, 2019, 03:56 PM

No. I shampoo and condition my dog, then give him a little bit of oil on the length. Sometimes I massage his skin if he's dry and flaky there. I feel bad when I skip detangling, like a horrible mom, so bath day for him takes at least an hour. I love when his coat is nice and soft and tangle-free, and the conditioner makes him smell even better so it's a win win.

As a note, he is a cocker spaniel and his hair is more like hair than fur, if that makes sense. So he needs that treatment.

lapushka
January 10th, 2019, 03:57 PM
I don't think it's weird at all. :)

Knightly
January 10th, 2019, 06:26 PM
I don't think it's weird at all, in fact,it's good you take the time and effort to take care of your dog. I'm sure she enjoyed it haha
My mom owns one of those big and furry english Shepherd dogs, she spends her WHOLE weekend pampering him lol

lithostoic
January 10th, 2019, 06:40 PM
One of my cats has allergies and he tears up his skin from itching. I apply coconut oil and it helps a lot!

FennFire911
January 10th, 2019, 06:57 PM
Since learning good hair care techniques here, my poochies are pretty pampered themselves too. I have a pair of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and I give them light oilings with a soft BBB. They pout over having to have baths of course, but they sure do act all happy once they're primped and purdy. They know when they're looking good! lol

cjk
January 10th, 2019, 11:16 PM
Usually when someone comments "maybe I'm a little crazy" I automatically agree. Let's face it, crazy recognizes crazy.

But pampering your furbaby? Who could find fault in that?!

GardenHorse
January 11th, 2019, 08:53 AM
I just showered my 3 pups spending all day yesterday oiling them up,shampoo and condition AND brush them, now they are sparkly as well!! I almost take more care of my long furred friends than my own hair haha!

SwanFeathers
January 11th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Thanks everyone for the support, where I grew up dogs were farm animals, so my little companion dog get spoiled by comparison. I just want her to be as healthy and happy as possible.

Viola_sororia
January 11th, 2019, 08:00 PM
I love watching those videos where the dog is getting a bath and is just on cloud nine. I'm sure that your dog loves the extra attention and care you give them!