PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please tell me my hair type

Sparkles122
January 9th, 2019, 10:12 AM
I’ve read the thread on hair typing, but still cannot figure it out. Can one of you experts help me? This is a picture of when my hair was hip length and is currently my goal to get back there. I have no products on my hair in this picture. I washed with a non silicone shampoo and no conditioner.

https://i.postimg.cc/Q9XVcMm6/4-EC2-B8-E4-FC97-4-EF0-9399-EEEA55-F76-F4-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Q9XVcMm6)

VenusianMane
January 9th, 2019, 10:15 AM
1c perhaps? :hmm:
I'm not sure either, let's see what others have to say

The-Young-Maid
January 9th, 2019, 10:38 AM
Looks a bit like mine. But I think you have more wave especially near the scalp.

MusicalSpoons
January 9th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Ha, took me a little while to think to click the picture :doh: that's better ...

It looks wavy underneath the very very top layer of hair, fairly tight waves so I'd say 2b. (Not sure what you'd do about typing with the very uppermost hair, which I'd say is 1b but it's such a tiny proportion of your hair you can probably discount it - and it is normal to have a straighter canopy anyway, just due to natural wear and tear and the way things grow :shrug:)

ETA: zooming in on the pic to check, because nobody else agrees - but they still look like fairly tight braidwaves to me :p

Begemot
January 9th, 2019, 10:48 AM
1c/2a? Interesting thing how the hair on top is pretty much dead straight and the hair under neath has great, consistent wave pattern.

edit. I'm no expert though, I just like these hair typing threads and making wild guesses:D

Sparkles122
January 9th, 2019, 10:52 AM
My guess is 2a, and yes I think its odd also with the 2 completely different hair types, and its much more obvious at longer lengths. I can also see somewhat where some people say 1c and also 2b.

SwanFeathers
January 9th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Mine does the same, straight until shoulder and then waves the rest of the way.

Ylva
January 9th, 2019, 12:45 PM
I think 2a.

lapushka
January 9th, 2019, 01:24 PM
I think 1c/2a, there's distinct separate waves, but also straighter pieces so I would put it on the brink!

ETA/ (after clicking the picture, d'oh)
I'm kind of leaning more towards 2a, though... so I think my final thought is: 2a!

Lady Stardust
January 9th, 2019, 02:55 PM
I would say 2b but the canopy (top layer) is straighter, 1b or 1c? - hard to tell from the picture.

lithostoic
January 9th, 2019, 04:36 PM
It looks like really undefined 2b ...

Sparkles122
January 9th, 2019, 05:18 PM
Yea I keep looking at the hairtyping examples they have on that thread. Looking at my hair in actual person, I dont think im in the 1’s at all compared to those pictures. When it gets a little longer ill take a new one, because all my other ones that I have are after ive finger combed it and blow dryed it

lithostoic
January 9th, 2019, 06:18 PM
You're definitely not in the 1s because you have obvious waves.

Corvana
January 11th, 2019, 02:35 AM
It looks like a brushed out 2b or so to me tbh!

Crystawni
January 11th, 2019, 02:48 AM
I’ve read the thread on hair typing, but still cannot figure it out. Can one of you experts help me? This is a picture of when my hair was hip length and is currently my goal to get back there. I have no products on my hair in this picture. I washed with a non silicone shampoo and no conditioner.

https://i.postimg.cc/Q9XVcMm6/4-EC2-B8-E4-FC97-4-EF0-9399-EEEA55-F76-F4-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Q9XVcMm6)

Was it touched while drying or before the picture, though? Plopped, fluffed, combed, brushed, finger-detangled? If so, that would skew the answers.

Milady_DeWinter
January 11th, 2019, 03:36 AM
I would say 2a, but my question is the same that Crystawni did. Also, did you airdry or did you use a hair dryer? That makes a huge difference to me, airdry is what will give you ypur natural texture. I think you might even be 2B or curlier. That pics looks similar in texture to my brushed and hairdryed hair.

Sparkles122
January 11th, 2019, 05:42 AM
No hair dryer, but yes finger detangled, and I probably did put my fingers through it more than I should have while drying

spidermom
January 11th, 2019, 07:47 AM
I'm going with 2B, but we need to see a completely unmanipulated photo.