5/08
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/mahogany_horizons/michairsiggy2.jpg

8/23/08
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/mahogany_horizons/DCP_0632.jpg

10/31/08

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/mahogany_horizons/DCP_0633.jpg

jojo
November 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
wow thats some growth you got, looks great!

CurlyMoo
November 5th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Congrats on your growth. Keep up the good work.

Debra83
November 5th, 2008, 01:15 AM
So, what have you been doing to get such quick growth?

Shanarana
November 5th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Looking real good. :)

Bianca
November 5th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Wow, super fast growing hair :p It looks great...

Dolly
November 5th, 2008, 05:24 AM
EXCELLENT! I wish I had hair that would grow that fast! I'm scared to measure mine.....I think it's creeping.

squiggyflop
November 5th, 2008, 06:05 AM
looking good.. :)

Garnet66
November 5th, 2008, 06:27 AM
That's some great growth you've got there. Your hair looks wonderful.

mahoganyhorizon
November 5th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Hey ladies, thank you so much for looking at my progress pictures and giving me feedback. I appreciate it.

Debra 83:

The regimine I have been using may or may not be helpful to you, because I'm black, but hair is hair right? I've always had hair that grows pretty fast, and I could reach BSL pretty easily but would always have to trim because of damage. This is because I abused heat. Here is my regimine, take what you can use out of it, discard what you can't use

Washing my hair twice a week with baby shampoo
Letting my hair airdry about 90% of the time, in a bun or a braid
Only using direct heat on my hair after I put a relaxer in, and dusting (about every 12 weeks)
The other 9% of the time I wear my hair out, rollerset (thus no direct heat)
every other day moisturizing with silk elements cream and sealing with oil
DEEP CONDITIONING FOR an hour or two TWICE A WEEK

These tricks have kept my ends healthy, and stretching my relaxers has helped my hair to thicken considerably. Because I'm black all this stuff might not work for you LOL, but staying away from the direct heat, and letting my hair airdry 90% of the time, and rollersetting the other 9% I am sure have contributed to my retention of length, and saved my ends!

mahoganyhorizon
November 5th, 2008, 06:46 AM
DOLLY, your hair is long and gorgeous LOL......your hair might be creeping, but I have YEARS to catch up to that length!!

mahoganyhorizon
November 5th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks Nikki :) Good luck to you in your hair growth journey as well :)

lora410
November 5th, 2008, 07:13 AM
wow, that is one heck of a good growth!!

Tressie
November 5th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Amazing growth rate for five months! Wow!! Shine is amazing too!

suicides_eve
November 5th, 2008, 08:02 AM
your ends look like they are thickening up as well great job

spidermom
November 5th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Thank you for sharing your progress pictures. Your growth has indeed been good this year.

paper
November 5th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Your hair is very pretty. Great progress!

Vitalai
November 5th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Wow! That is some amazing growth there!

Debra83
November 7th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Hey ladies, thank you so much for looking at my progress pictures and giving me feedback. I appreciate it.

Debra 83:

The regimine I have been using may or may not be helpful to you, because I'm black, but hair is hair right? I've always had hair that grows pretty fast, and I could reach BSL pretty easily but would always have to trim because of damage. This is because I abused heat. Here is my regimine, take what you can use out of it, discard what you can't use

Washing my hair twice a week with baby shampoo
Letting my hair airdry about 90% of the time, in a bun or a braid
Only using direct heat on my hair after I put a relaxer in, and dusting (about every 12 weeks)
The other 9% of the time I wear my hair out, rollerset (thus no direct heat)
every other day moisturizing with silk elements cream and sealing with oil
DEEP CONDITIONING FOR an hour or two TWICE A WEEK

These tricks have kept my ends healthy, and stretching my relaxers has helped my hair to thicken considerably. Because I'm black all this stuff might not work for you LOL, but staying away from the direct heat, and letting my hair airdry 90% of the time, and rollersetting the other 9% I am sure have contributed to my retention of length, and saved my ends!
Thank you so much for sharing your routine...just need some clarification please...where do you get "silk elements cream" (and what is it?), and what is "dusting"? (Is that what they use for "micro-trims"?).

mahoganyhorizon
November 7th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your routine...just need some clarification please...where do you get "silk elements cream" (and what is it?), and what is "dusting"? (Is that what they use for "micro-trims"?).

Yeah, I would say that dusting is a term "we" use for a "micro-trim". I like to dust at this time because sometimes I am prone to splits, especially in the crown, and that normally takes care of them. I also do an S&D @ this time (search and destroy for splits that the micro-trim may have missed). It's trimming a VERY small amount from the over all length of your hair, so it's neat, and gets rid of those low hanging splits.

A link to the silk elements moisturizing cream is here:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/MegaSilk-Moisturizing-Creme/SBS-373225,default,pd.html

It's part of the silk elements relaxer line. You probably cannot use this in your hair (maybe you can, I had a caucasian friend who had afro like textured hair and I used to relax her hair for her every 6 months, but looking at your siggy, I'd say that this is NOT THE CASE FOR YOU :) ) It would probably weigh hair down like yours and make it kind of gummy. You maaayyy be able to use it to seal your ends, but if I were you, I'd just coat my ends in some kind of oil.

I use hot six oil:

http://www.bronnerbros.com/products/hot_6_oil.html

But again, I have 3c hair, and these products are probably too heavy for your hair.

Thanks for reading my reggie though :)

mahoganyhorizon
November 7th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Oh yeah, as to what silk elements creme is, it's just a leave in moisturizer. I don't know if you guys use those or not, but it is THEEEE best, I love it, it nourishes my hair, without weighing it down, as my hair is rather soft and fine textured.

mahoganyhorizon
November 7th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Spidermom & paper, you all have beautiful hair as well, thank you for your kind compliments :)

Debra83
November 11th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks so much for all the info - I'm definitely applying some of your routine if not all - I did do a henna treatment yesterday with "lustrous henna" I got off the internet (in brown - but I can see some copper red in it too) - and I honestly couldn't believe the softness of my hair when I was rinsing. It really covered the gray that was creeping in as well. I had never tried henna before and was a little nervous but it seems to have "thickened" my hair if that makes any sense to anybody! :) I just hope that it doesn't fade too fast or that the effects don't wash off right away.

Too bad it doesn't add length, but really since reading everyone's advice and implementing the ones that I can - my hair has grown enough since I joined mid month last month, that a coworker commented on it already! Can you believe it?!! I was estatic.:cheese:

Anyway, thank again! Once I figure out (anybody have a hint?), how to upload a pic in my message box, I can show what it looks like after the henna treatment!

Ryanne
November 11th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Congrats on your growth. It looks great.

mellie
November 11th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Wow, so shiny!!!! Yeah!!

Debra83
November 11th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I checked out the Silk Elements Cream, and I'm afraid I can't get it. One of the ingredients listed is Peanut Oil, which my son has a severe, life-threatening allergy to. But thanks for all the tips. Keep up the good growth!

feralnature
November 11th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Your hair is beautiful and has grown a lot in a very short time. Your regimen is working well :)

girlcat36
November 11th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Good growing! Keep it up!:blossom:

rileysmama32208
November 11th, 2008, 07:48 PM
awesome progress!! these threads are definitely my faves :D