PDA

View Full Version : Detangler sprays- my first time

Milkchocolate
January 2nd, 2019, 07:34 PM
Hey guys! so I purchased my very first detangler spray and I have absolutely no idea how to use it lol. The directions are very vague and I’m a bit nervous because my hair seems to hate when I layer products. How do y’all use it??

Q: Do you like to use it on wet or dry hair?

Q: Do you immediately start to detangle right after spraying.. or do you let it set?

Q: Have you experienced hair loss, or find that it helps with that?

Q: Experience any weigh down?

Q: Does it really make that big of a difference?

Thank youu :)

SwanFeathers
January 2nd, 2019, 08:03 PM
In my case I use it on lightly misted hair from the ears down, do not use detangler on your scalp, concentrate on your ends. Its sometimes easier to spray your hands or brush to better control where the poduct gets distributed. Less is more, if you overdo it you will get a greasy look much like with over oiling. Be very gentle with detangling, the spay should help the knots slide out easier, but you still want to be patient and careful.

Obsidian
January 2nd, 2019, 08:44 PM
I use it on wet hair right after a shower. Spray a small amount and scrunch it around.

Julescarm
January 2nd, 2019, 09:56 PM
I tried it on mine and on my brand "mane and tail", noticed it was leaving my hair gummy. I tried wet and dry. I noticed dimethicone was, like, third or so on the list and stopped using it. My hair is slightly wavy and fine but I use it on my toddlers arm pit/bra length hair that's curlyand his loves it.

Cate36
January 3rd, 2019, 01:50 AM
I use the one from Davroe http://www.davroe.com/ no nasties, can spray on wet or dry and does a good job. I rarely use it as I only detangle when my hair is lathered with conditioner, but it's v good..

Obsidian
January 3rd, 2019, 06:33 AM
Forgot to mention that I use the cantu kids conditioning detangler. I can completely skip regular conditioner and it doesn't weight down my fine hair. I've also used suave kids and panten but the cantu is my favorite.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2019, 05:14 PM
I have a kids' one from my local Aldi. I use it on dry hair pre-wash when my hair has been a tad knotty (esp. when using up silicone-free conditioners or masks). I spray just a tiny bit & immediately detangle. I'm not sure what hair loss has to do with it (I don't spray it on my scalp). It helps when my hair is particularly knotty, but I try not to use it often, trying to use at least one good conditioner in the mix in WCC.

Dark40
January 7th, 2019, 12:33 PM
I've also used the one from mane n tail on wet hair, and my hair loves it. I do see a big difference in using a detangler. It helps with hair loss, and they detangle your hair a lot easier rather than just a leave-in. Or, combing your hair without it.