PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring hair stories..

Cate36
January 1st, 2019, 08:46 PM
Stumbled across this... found it very inspiring..

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/woman-alopecia-recover-hair-loss-redhead-rapunzel-real-life-anastasiya-sidorova-russia-model-a7959501.html

Sarahlabyrinth
January 2nd, 2019, 04:36 AM
Inspiring indeed! Her hair is really beautiful! I wonder if she is a member here?

ArabellaRose
January 2nd, 2019, 05:03 AM
Oh I follow her on Instagram and she's my ultimate hair idol! She's recently launched a new account in English too where she discusses all sorts about hair care and what she does.

She's beautiful!

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 12:22 PM
Definitely indeed inspiring! She has beautiful red hair!

Cate36
January 2nd, 2019, 02:00 PM
Oh I follow her on Instagram and she's my ultimate hair idol! She's recently launched a new account in English too where she discusses all sorts about hair care and what she does.

She's beautiful!

Same same.. I looked at her photos and almost rushed out to buy Henna again to revive my red! Amazing hair.. to think she almost lost it all when she hated it.. and now loves it !

Cate36
January 2nd, 2019, 02:35 PM
Same same.. I looked at her photos and almost rushed out to buy Henna again to revive my red! Amazing hair.. to think she almost lost it all when she hated it.. and now loves it !

Actually just read this from her Instagram... needless to say.. I'm making a cup right now!

"Today, there are many studies that prove the benefits of caffeine for therapeutic and cosmetic purposes.

It helps to comprehensively deal with much hair and scalp problems. The most urgent among them is the problem of hair loss.

Caffeine slows down the process, which has a devastating effect on the hair follicle.

In this case, we are talking about reducing the follicles sensitivity to the effects of male sex hormones. And if the follicle is intact, has not yet been replaced by connective tissue, then the hair will continue to grow.

Women who drink a lot of coffee are more likely to keep healthy hair, as caffeine counteracts the hormonal effects that cause hair loss.

And what about you, do you often drink coffee? I’m not partial to coffee myself, drink it probably once a week."

lapushka
January 2nd, 2019, 05:08 PM
Cate, I am a heavy coffee drinker, and still I get 1/2 inch a month of growth. I also take a multivitamin. Don't do stuff on impulse just because you read it somewhere or some big example is telling you to. :flower:

MusicalSpoons
January 2nd, 2019, 05:52 PM
Cate, I am a heavy coffee drinker, and still I get 1/2 inch a month of growth. I also take a multivitamin. Don't do stuff on impulse just because you read it somewhere or some big example is telling you to. :flower:

At least do some research first, please Cate! If nothing else to make sure there would be no harmful effects - seriously, almost without exception what works for one person will not work for everybody. (The only exceptions I can think of are balanced diet and sufficient hydration.)

Cate36
January 2nd, 2019, 06:08 PM
At least do some research first, please Cate! If nothing else to make sure there would be no harmful effects - seriously, almost without exception what works for one person will not work for everybody. (The only exceptions I can think of are balanced diet and sufficient hydration.)

Are you bursting my coffee bubble? Sob.. :-(

DaniGirl
January 2nd, 2019, 06:10 PM
I’m a solid 2/3 cups of coffee a day and have been for years. It’s never affected my growth. Eating like absolute crap will always affect my hair though. If I’m not eating a healthy balanced diet, my hair sheds like crazy and starts breaking.

Focus on things you know and everyone says have an affect. Like drinking enough water, eating a healthy balanced diet and taking a multivitamin if you need one.

The rest will come and you’ll figure it out step by step. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and if you take a shortcut on a bus it’ll bite you in the ass.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 3rd, 2019, 05:07 AM
I never drink coffee and still get a half inch growth, sometimes more, a month.

Lady Stardust
January 3rd, 2019, 05:35 AM
Cate I have a suggestion, I hope you don’t mind me offering it. You have an incredible amount of enthusiasm, energy and determination, and those are tools that you can put to use. If you take all those qualities and direct them towards something that interests you - other than your hair - you will find that your hair grows happily enough without you noticing. I’m pretty sure it would also reduce stress levels, and that has to be good for your hair.

Joules
January 3rd, 2019, 06:05 AM
Anastasia! I love her so much! I follow her on Instagram (she's an actual trichologist, I mention her here every once in a while, she's even developing her own line of products right now).

About caffeine - she said just getting a scalp lotion with caffeine is enough, there's no need to drink buckets of it to help with androgen-related hairloss :) I don't know who's translating posts for her English instagram, but some things definitely get lost in the process.

Rosy blossom
January 3rd, 2019, 11:56 AM
Such lovely hair! I do feel frustrated from time to time because I think my hair isn't growing fast enough or it's not as thick and shiny as other people's hair, but the lesson here is to not give up and keep trying to find what works for your hair. Give it love and care and hopefully it'll grow!

Kathie
January 3rd, 2019, 01:20 PM
Mmmm coffee! I love it when one of my vices is thought to have a positive effect. Im going to continue on with my 2-3 cups a day because it gives me a caffeine hit... if that helps me hair thats an awesome bonus!

For those that say you've been drinking coffee for years and never noticed a difference... well you wouldn't know if it was having an effect unless you stopped and monitored the change for months / years. Maybe the quality of your hair is influenced by your cups of joe?? Just pointing out that in order to know if something is effecting your hair you need to be able to make a comparison of hair quality with or without.

Cate36
January 3rd, 2019, 01:44 PM
I actually use a caffeine spray on my scalp.. this is the one I use https://www.terreamer.com.au/collections/complete-care/products/invigorating-tonic-50-ml

Ingredients:

ginseng, soy protein, majus root, zinc, calcium, yeast extract, horse chestnut and caffeine

I also use this.. which is brilliant.. https://bondiboost.com.au/products/hair-growth-miracle-mask

Ingredients:

Peppermint Essential Oil - A soothing yet powerful oil that is known for its cleansing properties to remove excess sebum build up, removing unwanted hair impurities and unclogging blocked scalp pores.Tea Tree Oil - Cleanses the scalp and clears blocked pores from excess sebum build up, which slows hair growth.
Vitamin B5 - An essential vitamin for keeping hair supple and shiny while providing nourishment to the hair shaft to help support growth. B vitamins play an essential role for healthier hair.
Rosemary Essential Oil - A natural and powerful ingredient that nourishes the scalp, penetrating the hair shaft to foster healthier hair.

She is starting a youtube channel soon https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMhnqSVG_aWKE7k34xJcpvQ?view_as=subscriber