PDA

View Full Version : 6 years at LHC celebrated by a chop and color change!

veryhairyfairy
December 31st, 2018, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone! :waving:

I realized my 6 year LHC hairiversary came and went without my remembering, and in a funny coincidence I happened to chop 14" on my join date. (and bleach and dye it! *gasp* ;) )

I'm not too active anymore but I do read the boards almost every day since I still very much enjoy gaining knowledge from other's experiences.

In 6 years I went from ~BSL to FTL (with a 2 year pause at TBL) and now back to waist+.

I also learned to first love and then hate henna in that time. :lol:

There are a lot of reasons for the chop but what it all boils down to is that I wanted to stop thinking about my hair.
I wanted to stop feeling insecure about my taper and worrying about damage.
I wanted to stop having to deal with it in general- because even in braids it was starting to get in the way of every day activities.

But most of all I wanted to change the color, and I definitely did not want to bleach bath and then dye FTL hair! :lol:

I'll do a separate post about the color changing process but I know pics are a must at this point!

Sadly I don't have any pics from before 2016 due to a computer meltdown but here's a comparison from when I was maintaining 2015-2017:
https://i.imgur.com/r0MYyce.jpg?1

And the best photo of my hair from this last year:
https://i.imgur.com/7zFP3Lm.jpg?2

Much more representative of it's usual behavior:
https://i.imgur.com/g8HsUsU.jpg?1

Right after the chop (yay awesome bunwaves again!):
https://i.imgur.com/ELD1eAX.jpg?1

And finally the color after bleach bathing and dying with an ash brown permanent dye (this photo shows it as red as it gets, in artificial light it's hardly red at all!):
https://i.imgur.com/RpaILq7.jpg?1

I have to say I'm so much happier with my hair!!!
The plan is to maintain around this length while I have fun with it and grow out my natural color (and the inevitable damage that has yet to become apparent).

Happy 2019 everyone, here's to fruitful follicles in the New Year! :toast:

Begemot
December 31st, 2018, 11:24 AM
Glad to hear you're happy with your hair and enjoying it while growing :) your hair looks lovely atm! Happy new year 2019 to you and your hair :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 31st, 2018, 11:38 AM
Your hair looks wonderful! Happy growing and a Happy 2019 :D

AmaryllisRed
December 31st, 2018, 11:43 AM
Wow! Looks great! Happy hairiversary!

shaluwm_agape
December 31st, 2018, 12:55 PM
Happy hairiverssary it looks beautiful

spidermom
December 31st, 2018, 03:17 PM
I love that length on your hair.

Skunklover
December 31st, 2018, 05:27 PM
Oh my goodness! That is a huge chop!!! I wish I could chop that much off but then I would be scalp level ���� congrats on the change and enjoy it!!!

Corvana
December 31st, 2018, 05:51 PM
Happy hairniversary! Your hair looks gorgeous at every length, and I'm glad you're so pleased with your change! It looks lovely!

DweamGoiL
December 31st, 2018, 09:19 PM
I really like this length on you as well. It definitely looks thicker and I love the bun waves on you as well. I usually maintain around WL as well just because it's still long, but so much more flexible. Happy New Year!

littlestarface
December 31st, 2018, 09:30 PM

Me too! it looks so good on you and your hair.

TatsuOni
January 1st, 2019, 03:44 AM
Your hair looks really beautiful!

Dendra
January 1st, 2019, 03:54 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair looks so lovely for the chop, really full :)

Stray_mind
January 1st, 2019, 05:15 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful with richer color and those soft waves. :)

lapushka
January 1st, 2019, 08:43 AM
I have to say I'm so much happier with my hair!!!
The plan is to maintain around this length while I have fun with it and grow out my natural color (and the inevitable damage that has yet to become apparent).

Happy 2019 everyone, here's to fruitful follicles in the New Year! :toast:

As long as you're happy, that's what counts!!!

Your hair is pretty! I love the color. :D

Happy 2019 to you too!

veryhairyfairy
January 1st, 2019, 03:07 PM
D'aawww! Thank you all so much for your wonderful kind words! :flowers:
I'm still loving the heck out of it, even if a patient called me a redhead last night lol :laugh: so I guess it's still pretty red. The roots are quite close to my natural color thankfully and that's what really matters for the grow out.

I really like this length on you as well. It definitely looks thicker and I love the bun waves on you as well. I usually maintain around WL as well just because it's still long, but so much more flexible. Happy New Year!

Me too! it looks so good on you and your hair.

Thanks, ladies, this is really great to hear (and I agree!)! I wish it went up into a bun a little more easily with these thick ends but it's so much fun to let it be loose now!

school of fish
January 1st, 2019, 07:28 PM
Love it and love seeing people happy with their hair - enjoy!!! :)

JackintheBox
January 1st, 2019, 08:30 PM
Looks great! Glad you're happy with it. that is definitely more important.

embee
January 2nd, 2019, 05:47 AM
Happy Anniversary! Nice to read about someone happy with their hair! Yours looks great.

truepeacenik
January 2nd, 2019, 12:09 PM
It’s a fine length on you!
Thudworthy ends, too.

Jas
January 2nd, 2019, 12:56 PM
I just realised I didn't comment in this thread - worrying about taper and damage I get completely, it's the most annoying part of growing to longer lengths!

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and those ends are to die for, I adore your hair colour too. It definitely looks reddy in that picture, I wouldn't have guessed ash brown! What is your natural colour?

veryhairyfairy
January 3rd, 2019, 06:57 AM
Many many thanks to you all for the lovely compliments! :smooch: It feels incredible to be so fancy free with my hair knowing that I'll be maintaining at a shorter length! :cheese:

I just realised I didn't comment in this thread - worrying about taper and damage I get completely, it's the most annoying part of growing to longer lengths!

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and those ends are to die for, I adore your hair colour too. It definitely looks reddy in that picture, I wouldn't have guessed ash brown! What is your natural colour?

Thank you thank you! I guess in artificial lights the reflection is much more neutral than when it photographs, but it could also be that I'm so used to bright henna orange that I'm seeing it as ashier. Either way it's fine- my natural color is kind of a tawny dark blonde/light brown, it looked very ashy next to henna but most colors do.

I'm excited to see if there's even much of a demarcation line with my roots!

enting
January 3rd, 2019, 04:42 PM
Luscious locks, it looks great!