PDA

View Full Version : Cassia Gloss

Cate36
December 30th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Hello everyone... so.... I'm tempted to try Cassia.. but don't want to do anything drastic or make a mistake.. I'm not too worried about a slight tinge of colour, especially as it is temporary... but really really don't want to dry my hair out... I often read about Henna and Cassia "Glosses".. but have no idea what they are.. or if they would help me. The new hair growing on my head is shinny and healthy.. but my length, which pretty much touches the top of my bum when not too curly, is fragile, and broken, from the damage caused when I tried to remove Henna with many applications of Permanent hair colour removers. The condition is 100% better since using olaplex each wash... but it's still delicate and thin, and I would love to strengthen it a little..

Any advice?

Can you mix it with oil..?

Ty lovelies X

Ophidian
December 30th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Hi cate! You may want to check out the herbal hair care and recipes forum, there are great threads there with a lot of info on cassia glosses :)

HTH!

Cate36
December 30th, 2018, 10:16 PM
Hi cate! You may want to check out the herbal hair care and recipes forum, there are great threads there with a lot of info on cassia glosses :)

HTH!

Thanks, I read a few of the threads, but there is SO much conflicting advice...it gets a bit confusing... one person said it caused breakage, others say their hair feels super conditioned...

I am getting good results using olaplex and other treatments for my hair.. I was wondering that if Cassia coated the hair like Henna, whether those treatments would still be affective? Also worried re the drying effects of Cassia..

MusicalSpoons
December 31st, 2018, 05:13 PM
'Glosses' are usually simply mixing it with a load of conditioner, thus mitigating any drying effect :) I have no idea whether the cassia coating would interfere with other treatments though.

Skunklover
December 31st, 2018, 05:23 PM
Would cassia gloss kinda “gloss” my hair? I know stupid question but my hair always seems so dull and it’s only at apl...

Cate36
December 31st, 2018, 05:52 PM
How much should I mix with conditioner? How long to leave on? (TY XX)

Cate36
December 31st, 2018, 05:56 PM
How much should I mix with conditioner? How long to leave on? (TY XX)

Actually just read this old thread which is what I am thinking of doing.. https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-109740.html adding a little to my conditioner and shampoo and washing as normal.. anyone else tried this? Is it safe? It won't dry my hair out? X

RoseChantel
December 31st, 2018, 10:44 PM
I use Red Henna Glosses on a monthly basis to tint my hair (I'm not ready to embrace grays yet, I'm not even 30) and strengthen my hair. I use about 2oz of protein Conditioner, 2 tablespoons of Henna, and 2oz of a hydrating Conditioner mixed together with bit of hibiscus tea to help with the coloring. This has really worked for my hair to strengthen it and not dry it out. I've mixed oil with it before too with good results for hydrating my hair.

Another thing I do to to strengthen my hair that you might want to look into is using rice water. I soak my hair in it for about 10min once a week and then apply Conditioner over my wet hair and let it all sit for about 30min before washing it out. That has really helped with my growth.

Hope this helps.

Cate36
December 31st, 2018, 10:45 PM
I use Red Henna Glosses on a monthly basis to tint my hair (I'm not ready to embrace grays yet, I'm not even 30) and strengthen my hair. I use about 2oz of protein Conditioner, 2 tablespoons of Henna, and 2oz of a hydrating Conditioner mixed together with bit of hibiscus tea to help with the coloring. This has really worked for my hair to strengthen it and not dry it out. I've mixed oil with it before too with good results for hydrating my hair.

Another thing I do to to strengthen my hair that you might want to look into is using rice water. I soak my hair in it for about 10min once a week and then apply Conditioner over my wet hair and let it all sit for about 30min before washing it out. That has really helped with my growth.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! How long do you leave it on your hair?

RoseChantel
December 31st, 2018, 10:50 PM
Depends on what kind of time I have... I think usually I leave it in for about an hour, two hours if I am aiming for coloring it. It's messy though... I use a plastic shower cap and then put an old knit hat over it to help trap the heat and put a towel around my shoulders while I have it in.

Cate36
December 31st, 2018, 10:51 PM
thanks so much...

I'm really thinking of just adding a little to my conditioner and using it as I would in a frequent wash.. i.e. brushing through my hair.. leaving on for say 15 mins.. and then washing out.. as mentioned in the thread I linked above..

Does anyone else have experience doing this?

January 1st, 2019, 01:10 AM
I secretly hate Cassia... It's VERY drying, way more than henna. It styled my hair beautifully when I had a bob, though... So shiny, straight, voluminous. But it's so drying my hand eczema and scalp couldn't take it. It's not like henna.

Cate36
January 1st, 2019, 01:41 PM
I secretly hate Cassia... It's VERY drying, way more than henna. It styled my hair beautifully when I had a bob, though... So shiny, straight, voluminous. But it's so drying my hand eczema and scalp couldn't take it. It's not like henna.

Hmm.. not sure what to do.. I guess trying a little in conditioner and not leaving it on my hair for more than a few mins can't hurt.. ?

Cate36
January 1st, 2019, 02:39 PM
Hmm.. not sure what to do.. I guess trying a little in conditioner and not leaving it on my hair for more than a few mins can't hurt.. ?

OK I did it! And great! I added a bit to my conditioner (a very strong conditioning mask) .. a handful.. and brushed through my hair.. waited just a few mins.. rinsed.. then added a little more cassia to my hair.. brushed it through.. rinsed again.. dried.. and it has more body and shine! So going to keep doing it :-)

Cate36
January 4th, 2019, 04:23 AM
I've washed twice now using cassia in my conditioner.. brushing through my hair.. and then rinsing and drying (so it's only on for a few mins).. I love that my hair has a little extra bounce, a little (almost non noticeable) extra volume and shine.. however, as many have said, it still leaves my hair feeling dryer despite lathers of conditioner.. I would like to continue using it .. is there a better way to mix it into my wash routine? Any advice?