PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'm back... Hello 2019

Johannah
December 30th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Hello everyone,

It's been a longe time since I've been here, it actually feels kinda awkward to be honest. For those who don't remember me anymore, I've been growing my hair out since quite some time. I reached my goal around two (?) years ago, which was 36".

I don't know what happened, but since last Winter (2017) my hair got really dry, tangly and especially thin. I was out of the 'LHC-zone' so to speak, so I didn't really do anything. This winter though, my hair really got thinner and very, very frizzy. I don't like it anymore. It's 35" now, but I cannot wear it down anymore. I tried everything in the book by now, and with everything I mean *everything*: protein, oils, moisturizing conditioner, clarifying, CO, pre-wash treatments, gelatin treatment, SMT, silicons, no-silicons, wearing it up for months, ...

I'm feeling like nothing else will help anymore. Because of this, I'm considering cutting it back a couple of inches so I can start 2019 with shorter hair but with fresh ends. And then grow again till 36" inches, but with *a lot* of care this time.

Anyway, not sure why I post this but okay... I'm back, I'd say :D:rolleyes:

Also, I'm already saying hi to lapushka because she doesn't seem to ever leave this forum - how are you doing my dear? ;)

Cate36
December 30th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Have you had a blood test or looked at your diet as the possible issue? WB.. I'm new.. :)

Johannah
December 30th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Have you had a blood test or looked at your diet as the possible issue? WB.. I'm new.. :)

Blood test is normal, diet can't be more healthy than this. But thank you for your input! Welcome ;-)

Ylva
December 30th, 2018, 02:51 PM
We probably haven't met, but welcome back.

Starting the year with fresh ends and a growth journey sounds like a good plan, I'm doing the same myself. :)

Johannah
December 30th, 2018, 03:04 PM
We probably haven't met, but welcome back.

Starting the year with fresh ends and a growth journey sounds like a good plan, I'm doing the same myself. :)

Nice to meet you! :blossom:

Servana
December 30th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear about your hair... It does sound like a medical issue if nothing in your routine has changed. Perhaps something that cannot be detected by a blood test? It could be a hormone issue. Hormones tend to mess up a lot of things -_-

If it makes you feel better I recently cut my hair to shoulder from waist and then it got exposed to some really bleach-heavy pool water and got super damaged. So now I'm trying to grow it out and get it back to its former health :/ For the first few weeks I couldn't even get a brush through it, it was so dry and tangled :( Time heals wounds, though.

I hope you get to the bottom of the situation! In the meantime (can't remember if this was in the OP) are you taking any hair supplements? Fish oil also really helps.

Ylva
December 30th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Nice to meet you! :blossom:

Nice to meet you too, and happy growing!

lithostoic
December 30th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Welcomd back! I hope you get it all fixed soon

embee
December 30th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Welcome back! I remember you, your avatar at least. :) Sorry your hair is misbehaving. Maybe the shampoo changed? Otherwise, I'd have suggested thyroid issues coming up.

DweamGoiL
December 30th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your hair woes, Johannah. I hope that it is resolved soon. And on that note, welcome back! :waving:

lapushka
December 30th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Also, I'm already saying hi to lapushka because she doesn't seem to ever leave this forum - how are you doing my dear? ;)

Hi Johannah! :waving:

I seem to like it here. ;) :p A lot! :lol:

It's nice to have you back. I'm so sorry to read of your troubles with your hair. And I also read your blood test came back OK. Maybe it's hormone or age-related? Anything up on the hormonal level?

Johannah
December 31st, 2018, 03:06 AM
Welcome

I'm sorry to hear about your hair... It does sound like a medical issue if nothing in your routine has changed. Perhaps something that cannot be detected by a blood test? It could be a hormone issue. Hormones tend to mess up a lot of things -_-

If it makes you feel better I recently cut my hair to shoulder from waist and then it got exposed to some really bleach-heavy pool water and got super damaged. So now I'm trying to grow it out and get it back to its former health :/ For the first few weeks I couldn't even get a brush through it, it was so dry and tangled :( Time heals wounds, though.

I hope you get to the bottom of the situation! In the meantime (can't remember if this was in the OP) are you taking any hair supplements? Fish oil also really helps.

We'll support each other :blossom:

Welcomd back! I hope you get it all fixed soon

Thank you! :blossom:

Welcome back! I remember you, your avatar at least. Sorry your hair is misbehaving. Maybe the shampoo changed? Otherwise, I'd have suggested thyroid issues coming up.

I've tried a lot of different shampoos, but nope... :(

Sorry to hear about your hair woes, Johannah. I hope that it is resolved soon. And on that note, welcome back! :waving:

Hi! :waving:

Hi Johannah! :waving:

I seem to like it here. ;) :p A lot! :lol:

It's nice to have you back. I'm so sorry to read of your troubles with your hair. And I also read your blood test came back OK. Maybe it's hormone or age-related? Anything up on the hormonal level?

I must say I've had a lot of stress last 1.5 years. So that might have something to do with it. My skin has suffered a lot from that as well (really dry skin or really greasy). I also got placed an IUCD... Maybe it's that?

Sarahlabyrinth
December 31st, 2018, 03:24 AM
Hey, Johannah, welcome back-I remember you! It's so great to "see" you again! I'm sorry you're having hair troubles and hope you can find a way to get it sorted and happy again :flower:

zashin66
December 31st, 2018, 03:49 AM
We'll support each other :blossom:

Thank you! :blossom:

I've tried a lot of different shampoos, but nope... :(

Hi! :waving:

I must say I've had a lot of stress last 1.5 years. So that might have something to do with it. My skin has suffered a lot from that as well (really dry skin or really greasy). I also got placed an IUCD... Maybe it's that?

Those have hormones and yes they can do that to you. (I'm a nurse btw)

Johannah
December 31st, 2018, 04:04 AM
Hey, Johannah, welcome back-I remember you! It's so great to "see" you again! I'm sorry you're having hair troubles and hope you can find a way to get it sorted and happy again :flower:

Hey!! Long time ago!!

Those have hormones and yes they can do that to you. (I'm a nurse btw)

Well, great. I'm trying to make an appointment with the doctor, if they would ever pick up their phone :angry::angry:

Begemot
December 31st, 2018, 04:25 AM
I remember you! Glad to have you back with us Johannah :waving: though it sucks to hear you're having hair trouble. I haven't been active in a long time (my prime years were around 2012-2014) and haven't been in the TLHC-zone either. But now I'm back to business, let's take better care of our hair next year :hifive:

Johannah
December 31st, 2018, 04:38 AM
I remember you! Glad to have you back with us Johannah :waving: though it sucks to hear you're having hair trouble. I haven't been active in a long time (my prime years were around 2012-2014) and haven't been in the TLHC-zone either. But now I'm back to business, let's take better care of our hair next year :hifive:

Indeed, goals for 2019! :cheer::hollie:

Stray_mind
December 31st, 2018, 04:46 AM
Hello, welcome back. I remember you. :)

Sorry for your hair troubles. If you fell off the LHC wagon, maybe get back on it and start caring for your hair again, hahaha :)

Maybe something changed in your routine, or maybe your Hair type changed? Did you experience a lot of stress?

Johannah
December 31st, 2018, 05:08 AM
Hello, welcome back. I remember you. :)

Sorry for your hair troubles. If you fell off the LHC wagon, maybe get back on it and start caring for your hair again, hahaha :)

Maybe something changed in your routine, or maybe your Hair type changed? Did you experience a lot of stress?

Stress: oh yeah. But I think it has a lot to do with my IUCD... :(

Simsy
December 31st, 2018, 05:08 AM
Welcome back, I do remember you mentioning hair issues before you left; sucks that it hasn’t eased up on you.

TatsuOni
December 31st, 2018, 09:22 AM
Welcome back! I remember you :) I hope your hair will "get better" next year!

pailin
December 31st, 2018, 10:33 AM
Hope you figure out an answer and a solution soon.
And I'm happy to see you back here!

Cg
December 31st, 2018, 11:12 AM
Good to hear from you again, Johannah! WB.

Groovy Granny
December 31st, 2018, 12:05 PM
Hi ~ welcome back ~ I missed you :waving:

I am offline most of the time now; hubby and I are busy in retirement and tending to our health issues.

Wishing you all the best in the New Year :flowers:

Johannah
January 1st, 2019, 02:53 AM
Hi everyone! :waving::waving:

DaniGirl
January 1st, 2019, 10:56 AM
Hi, I’m new, but wishing you progress and health for your hair.

Johannah
January 1st, 2019, 12:55 PM
Hi, I’m new, but wishing you progress and health for your hair.

Thank you! :flower:

Estrid
January 1st, 2019, 01:04 PM
Oh, I didn't see this thread till now, welcome back! I wondered where you had gone! :o

My hair has also changed, but I've messed around with it (tried things that didn't work) so much this year that I'm not too surprised, I just hope I will be able to fix most of it during 2019.

Cinnamonagouti
January 1st, 2019, 01:33 PM
I remember you! I'm mostly a lurker so you probably won't remember me, but I also recently returned after a few years away. Welcome back!

veryhairyfairy
January 1st, 2019, 03:44 PM
I remember you! Welcome back!

I know you've probably tried it but I have to suggest chelating or my hands will itch all day :laugh:

I get dry, tangly, dull, rough hair when I don't chelate regularly (like once a month with my well water).
My chelating routine:
Clarify wash hair, mix 1/2 lemon juice with 1/2 conditioner in condiment bottle and apply all over, leave for a few minutes and rinse well.
I've also used 1 teaspoon of citric acid in a mix of 1/2 water 1/2 conditioner (about 8oz total mixture) with the same results.

Don't forget this mixture will make you really sensitive to the sun!

Anyway, I'm glad to see you back, here's to great hair in 2019!! :cheers: