PDA

View Full Version : What is the #1 Reason you want Long Hair?

Pages : [1] 2

Longbb1990
December 28th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Hii guys! This is my first post on this forum. I've been obsessed with long hair forever and want to see why you are too!

I'll share first. I'm waiting (impatiently lol) for my boyfriend to propose, and I really to just feel beautiful instead of like punk or daring or something, which is kinda how I feel with the short hair I have right now :/

I know we all just want to look amazing with long hair, but what is the deeper reason you want long hair?

Super excited to be here!!

blackgothicdoll
December 28th, 2018, 05:53 PM
I simply find long hair classical, or fantasy-like. I see it as a more old-fashioned representation of beauty, when the hair is pinned up throughout the day and then let down at night. There's some bit of intimacy in keeping it a secret to be revealed later.

That's my weird little hair fantasy. ^_^ Lol. I imagine wearing my hair in a braided bun, and then dramatically pulling out a hairstick and my braid cascades to the floor! And the lucky guy is like "wow! you have long hair!".

The End.

(In the real version of the story, he says "is that your real hair?" and I slap him and block his number). :rollin::rollin::rollin:

H o n є y ❤
December 28th, 2018, 06:02 PM
I think I look better with long hair. You do more styles with long hair and it's fun to pamper and play with. I'd also like to participate in destroying age old stereotypes.

Edit: Just now realizing this says #1 reason. My number one reason would be that I think I look better with it.

littlestarface
December 28th, 2018, 06:03 PM
It looks pretty.

Longlegs
December 28th, 2018, 06:08 PM
When your boyfriend proposes you can do your hair in a lovely style for your wedding, depending on how long it takes for him to finally getting around to it :D

For me it's an age thing, I don't want to be a middle aged woman with a 'sensible' hair style, it's been shoulder length for years but now I'm growing it, I have a dream that one day I will be a wise old lady with long grey hair.

vampyyri
December 28th, 2018, 06:10 PM
I grew my hair out for my wedding (BSL), liked it, and never cut it again. So basically aesthetics :p

Also, I really like the look of a nice bun, and it's easy with longer hair

neko_kawaii
December 28th, 2018, 06:22 PM
I can ignore it for the most part and have fun when I feel like it.

enfys
December 28th, 2018, 06:23 PM
I want to be Princess Leia in real life. I want to wrap a braid all the way around my head like she wore, but made of real hair. It will take fingertip length at least.
Being able to do that brings with it ideas of femininity and beauty and classical art and all the wonderful things that come with long hair, but the #1 Is Star Wars.

Dark40
December 28th, 2018, 06:37 PM
I agree with honey and littlestarface. I feel that I look a lot better with long hair rather than with short hair, and it's so pretty.

SwanFeathers
December 28th, 2018, 06:48 PM
...I have a dream that one day I will be a wise old lady with long grey hair.
I too wish to be the sage old woman with an epic silver mane! I started growing when I realized that my internal ideal self had always had long hair, so it didnt make sense that my outward self did not. It makes me feel beautiful.

almostghost
December 28th, 2018, 06:59 PM
I'll never have the kind of mysterious, otherworldly fae-beauty that I've always wished I could have, but I can have long, beautiful hair, which is close enough to make me happy :)

Corvana
December 28th, 2018, 07:03 PM
I missed it! I've hand long or long-ish (SL to BSL on average) hair my whole life, give or take, so after having a pixie for like three years I was really missing it! But now I'm going for longer than I've ever had before.

dagny
December 28th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Because I am curious to see how long "terminal" length is on me....and because I think it is cool to have crazy long hair because there aren't many people who do!

FaerieKitty
December 28th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Because it makes me feel beautiful. The buns and braids I can do now make me happy with myself.

Simsy
December 28th, 2018, 09:03 PM
My curls are infinitely easier at longer lengths and they are becoming less work the longer I grow. As I haven’t found the bottom of this bellcurve yet, I continue to grow.

Reyn127
December 28th, 2018, 09:13 PM
My main reason for wanting long hair is because I shaved my head about 8 years ago, so I've had "no" hair before... and I simply want to test out the other direction now.

akurah
December 28th, 2018, 09:14 PM
I've never had a "bad hair day" with long hair. If it's being uncooperative, it goes in a braid or bun and it's done. With short hair, my hair's wavy, and it likes to stick out. Most short hairstyles look bad on me unless you plan to spend hours fighting it, and even then, no guarantee you would win.

lithostoic
December 28th, 2018, 09:41 PM
Idk I just like long hair.

Xan
December 28th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Because I am curious to see how long "terminal" length is on me....and because I think it is cool to have crazy long hair because there aren't many people who do!
Totally I just love it, thought waist was my goal now at tailbone and want knee then probably ankle. I just cant explain it ♡♡♡

kikuhoshi
December 28th, 2018, 10:39 PM
I have a few reasons tied for #1:

1. I prefer myself with long hair. It pretty.
2. It annoys my mother. It balances out all the times that she mildly undermines my parenting (ex: giving Kid two cookies instead of one). 😆
3. I'm fascinated by the medieval/Renaissance time periods, and long hair makes me feel nerdy-cool. 😂

Milkchocolate
December 28th, 2018, 10:46 PM
I simply find long hair classical, or fantasy-like. I see it as a more old-fashioned representation of beauty, when the hair is pinned up throughout the day and then let down at night. There's some bit of intimacy in keeping it a secret to be revealed later

Beautifully put blackgothicdoll!! :)

Milkchocolate
December 28th, 2018, 10:53 PM
I love how it makes me feel like I stand out from the rest! I feel so cool that I’ve let my hair grow to an uncommon length. As if I have a tended garden out on display lol. I too love the fantasy-like element. It looks like a cape that flows behind me. Like an extension of whatever outfit I’m wearing :) And in a strange way, it makes me feel a bit connected to my ancestors ❤️

Xlena
December 28th, 2018, 11:08 PM
I have big hips and a tiny waist. I've tried to exercise and all that stuff but nothing seems to work, it's just how my skelleton is build and I don't like it, I feel it disproporcionated (specially since I have no boobs) so I want long hair to kind of give a little bit more of visual weight to that area xd That's the main reason, the second one is because it's easier to make it look good, no effort, and then that it looks beautiful xd

Estrid
December 28th, 2018, 11:15 PM
I like my hair, so why not have a lot of it? I also think long hair is quite special and I could do so much with it if I had it long. It is easy to maintain (no need to go to a hairdresser), and it does look rather nice.

One silly reason is that it would make me stand out, right now I'm pretty average in everything, hair colour, eye colour, height, shoe size, face looks ordinary... Even if I am quite unusual on the inside, that doesn't show! My hair is filled with possibilities x)

ETA: completely overlooked that this was supposed to say my #1 reason, I don't know if I have any number one reason. Maybe I just want to feel that I look nice?

naturalnurse
December 28th, 2018, 11:16 PM
My main reason would be because I really want to have some kind of beautiful braid down my back on my wedding day in 18 months. Currently hovering at BSL, aiming for waist+.

Salwety
December 28th, 2018, 11:22 PM
My whole life I was struggling with my hair to tame and straighten it out. It came with the cost of having to cut it short due to damage. Every time it reaches BSL or close to waist, I had to cut it back to SL. When I was young I used to tie a scarf to my hair and pretend it is my long hair. Now as I am going natural and leaving my curls to behave like they want, thanks to all the LHC wisdom, I can grow it long. After my last yearly trim it is at WL, and I don't know where I will stop.

Danglish
December 29th, 2018, 12:43 AM
I'm only growing to MBL, so I don't know if this counts. But I'm growing it long because I got tired of struggling with my hair. I've only ever had short hair, or barely APL,(and that was heavily layered, with bangs) and it waves a little(but not enough) so I always had to style it. The logic was that only a certain kind of women would succeed in having long hair, and I wasn't one of them. As you can imagine, having hair this way has made me unhappy.

I'm imagining that when all my hair is at one length, and also long, that I'll be able to embrace my hair texture as it is. Because believe it or not, I like slightly-lanky, slightly-wavy, fine silky hair, and it's only recently that I discovered that owning that kind of hair might be within my reach

Jo Ann
December 29th, 2018, 12:48 AM
I've never liked the way I look with short hair. My hair had big, lazy "S" waves when short, tended to get bushy/poofy when it's between jaw and collarbone length, never laid the way I want it to, did the opposite I want it to (lay flat? HA! Curl the same way on both sides? In your dreams, sweetheart!), and, to put it mildly, rarely made me happy.

Tinyponies
December 29th, 2018, 12:58 AM
My hair feels like such a comfort to me. I love it in a similar way to how I’ve loved animals I’ve lived closely with, that feeling of burying my face in familiar fur. It’s like a reassurance and a friend. It’s beautiful and unique and grows out of my head. I love taking care of it and just didn’t have any idea how to do that before finding lhc, so it was always a tangly damaged mess by the time I reached any length. I see it as a bit of a lifestyle choice now because really I don’t need to change anything just carry on as I am and I’ll get the hair I would swoon at if I saw it on someone else.

Stray_mind
December 29th, 2018, 01:34 AM
I like doing various updos and some of them are impossible with short hair.

Begemot
December 29th, 2018, 01:36 AM
Long hair makes me feel pretty and special. Growing it and taking care of it is my own little (more or less lifelong) project/hobby :Star:

Joules
December 29th, 2018, 01:37 AM
I always wanted long hair. I guess I wanted to be like a princess, and princesses in fairy tales always have super long hair, don't they? When I was, like, 3-4 years old, I used to put tights on my head and pretend it was butt length hair :rollin: there are pictures of it somewhere in my home, when I hit tailbone or classic I should recreate them with real hair and put them side by side :rollin:

Yeah, I always wanted it long. Plus I don't think I can stand shorter lengths on myself anymore. I don't want my hair super short, because with my texture it would mean daily styling, and I'm not about that life. "Back" length hair (from armpit to hip) are average and boring to me, I've had such lengths since I was 11, it's time for a change. I don't think I have any choice here :shrug:

Sora Rose
December 29th, 2018, 02:09 AM
My number one reason is because I like the way it feels and the way it looks. Secondly I like combing and brushing it and otherwise taking care of it. Seems logical to want a lot more of it, and so far it's given me no trouble.

Sora Rose
December 29th, 2018, 02:11 AM
When I was, like, 3-4 years old, I used to put tights on my head and pretend it was butt length hair :rollin:

;) I did that as a little girl all the time, too!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 29th, 2018, 02:23 AM
I don't feel like "me" with short hair. And out of curiosity I'm wondering how long it will grow, and whether I can reach ankle. Plus I love the way it looks, and I enjoy caring for it. Plus I want to be a silver/white haired lady with long hair, just because it's different to the norm. That's - a whole lot of reasons, but too bad :p

cestlavie
December 29th, 2018, 02:45 AM
I have had short hair (chin length/shoulder length) all my life and I have a twin sister and doing hair in the mornings was too much of a hassle for my parents (I have two older brothers as well). And they just liked the shorter styles on us both and I accepted it. I kept my hair on the shorter side because I started dyeing my hair from the age of 12/13 until I was 21. One day I was done with it and felt really bad about my hair because it got so damaged. That moment felt like a chance to let it grow out and see what would happen.

Lady Stardust
December 29th, 2018, 02:47 AM
My hair sits better when it’s a bit longer, and I’ve recently discovered that’s due to a slight wave. I want to see what that texture looks like when it has a chance to show itself.

illicitlizard
December 29th, 2018, 02:59 AM
Love the swishiness and I reckon it looks gorgeous on other people, plus I just kinda want to try it!

Servana
December 29th, 2018, 03:15 AM
My hair gets really poofy when it's short. But I like long and short hair. So I'm growing out to waist now, but I know in the future I'll cut it short again. So basically I just like change :)

Vacurlylady
December 29th, 2018, 03:35 AM
I have always worn my hair short, I mean short pixie styles. My last hair style I wore short was ultra short and spikey. (For probably 15 years) I have curly, crazy hair and it just seemed easy to get it cut every 4 weeks. My whole life. I’ve always been a long hair wannabe. Last fall, 10/17, my DH and I went to Amish land. We have gone there for years, but on this particular trip I just felt my inner long haired self was calling out to me. I haven’t looked back. I quit coloring my hair light blonde, and it’s growing! To what length I don’t know. LHC has become home for me and my hair.

ArabellaRose
December 29th, 2018, 04:11 AM
Purely aesthetics and vanity, I like how I look with long hair, I've tried short and it's just not a good look on me.

embee
December 29th, 2018, 05:26 AM
My hair is fairly thin and stick-straight. Short, it's always been an expensive pain. Long, I could not have when young: mom didn't like it unless she could spend hours fussing with it, ugh. (And she was never really happy with it.)

Long hair has freed me from the hassle and expense of cutting/styling and the sadness of feeling ugly and disappointed (and disappointing). It's easy to care for and fits my lifestyle and (old) age very well. :)

Growitagain28
December 29th, 2018, 05:59 AM
My #1 reason is, it makes me feel like “myself”. I’ve had short hair and long hair, I’m the most comfortable overall as a human with it long lol.

RoseChantel
December 29th, 2018, 07:24 AM
I ripped my hair out due to anxiety for years and now that I have changed that behavior, I'm growing out what I damaged for so long. It's gonna take a long time to get all the damage grown out, but as it grows I enjoy having it longer than I was ever able to have it before.

Danglish
December 29th, 2018, 07:46 AM
I ripped my hair out due to anxiety for years and now that I have changed that behavior, I'm growing out what I damaged for so long. It's gonna take a long time to get all the damage grown out, but as it grows I enjoy having it longer than I was ever able to have it before.

Congratulations on your recovery. What a great way to celebrate :)

MusicalSpoons
December 29th, 2018, 10:05 AM
I honestly have no idea! At some point during childhood I decided I wanted long hair, and in adolescence anything shorter than hip length on myself was not long enough. Now I've discovered it can grow beyond TBL, and I just don't want short hair. I've never wanted short hair, and I can't ever see myself wanting short hair (obviously life is such that it is possible that circumstances beyond my control may force me to have short(er) hair, but I still doubt I'll ever *want* it!) I also can't see myself wanting to stop growing for a while, though I know it will happen either because it gets too thin for my liking or too difficult to care for - but I'll still have very long hair at that point anyway :D

RoseChantel that's awesome - and yes, what an excellent way to celebrate your recovery! Go you! :cheer:

EdG
December 29th, 2018, 10:19 AM
Short hair reminds me of Elmer Fudd. Long hair reminds me of Cher. Between Cher and Elmer Fudd, there is no contest about who has the nicer hair. ;)
Ed

ExpectoPatronum
December 29th, 2018, 10:23 AM
I admire other people's long hair and want it for myself.

lapushka
December 29th, 2018, 10:38 AM
For me, it's practical reasons. Long I can go one week for washing, and short it's more like 2/3x a week + styling it every time (no way). This is easy. Wash, dry, put up (bun) & forget about it during the week!

Jas
December 29th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Mainly because I want to look like a disney princess :P I've always wanted long hair and imagined having rapunzel hair.. now I'm actually making it a reality! (Ok not quite as long as rapunzels, that might be too long lol)

cjk
December 29th, 2018, 12:07 PM
I've never had long hair before. It's something new.

And I noticed some slight thinning on top. As a man in his forties, it made sense to grow it while it's still there.

bokeh
December 29th, 2018, 12:15 PM
My #1 reason is that my coarse, wavy hair is difficult and unruly at shorter lengths. It was a surprise to discover that it becomes much more manageable, attractive, and easier to care for as it grows longer. There are so many other reasons! My great grandmother had waist length hair that she kept in a braided bun and even though I never met her I feel a connection as I grow attempt to grow my hair to the same length. I like the feeling of being a bit of a rebel by growing my hair longer than the accepted norm in current society. I love the feeling of a pony tail swishing back and forth. Updos and hair-toys are fun, fun fun!

LittleHealthy
December 29th, 2018, 12:17 PM
When my partner proposed to me I was heavily pregnant and sweaty after a run haha!!

I want long hair because I like the way it looks on me, and it makes me feel more feminine. My career as a machinery operator meant I was always wearing high-vis clothing and men’s work boots etc. I kept my hair long but up in a bun and I know it sounds silly but I liked it at work functions when the guys I worked with (I was the only female) would say ‘wow you look great with our hair down’ etc haha. Or when friends would compliment my hair. It was my piece of stand-out femininity and I was really proud of it! Til I became a mum and chopped it all off during a post-partum shedding :-/

sophia_
December 29th, 2018, 12:49 PM
I prefer long hair because it looks better on my face/body. Short hair accentuates my angular jaw and small face. I also just love having a lot of hair, it's something I've never had before, considering m hair's not super thick and is (usually) completely flat.

lapushka
December 29th, 2018, 01:13 PM
My #1 reason is that my coarse, wavy hair is difficult and unruly at shorter lengths. It was a surprise to discover that it becomes much more manageable, attractive, and easier to care for as it grows longer. There are so many other reasons! My great grandmother had waist length hair that she kept in a braided bun and even though I never met her I feel a connection as I grow attempt to grow my hair to the same length. I like the feeling of being a bit of a rebel by growing my hair longer than the accepted norm in current society. I love the feeling of a pony tail swishing back and forth. Updos and hair-toys are fun, fun fun!

I have that too. Short it's a rat's nest without styling it to bits. And I don't want to do that (can't do that).

Ylva
December 29th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Having my hair long also makes me feel more connected to my ancestors, but I don't think that alone is my #1 reason. I think it's a mix of things, most of all the ideology that I'm not controlled by ever-changing trends but just do my own thing.

Zesty
December 29th, 2018, 04:29 PM
If I have to pick one top reason, it's because it's a comforting hobby. I like fussing over it and fixing it and adorning it. My effort produces results, which is rewarding. It relaxes me and has gotten me through some rough times.

Cg
December 29th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Sloth. So easy to bun and forget.

Nineteenbirds
December 29th, 2018, 04:34 PM
I decided to grow it long again because I have never, ever been able to find a stylist who could cut it well consistently. Getting it trimmed was always a gamble - sometimes it looked ok, sometimes not. My hair is wavy and inconsistent from one side to the other and no one has ever understood it. Except me! Plus, it's so much more fun this way. More ways to style it, more toys to put in it...

Vacurlylady
December 29th, 2018, 05:39 PM
I have that too. Short it's a rat's nest without styling it to bits. And I don't want to do that (can't do that).

Lapushka, Just out of curiosity. What is your hair type? I’m just curious. I wonder what mine will be like when I get more length...since you mentioned your rats nest at shorter lengths....

dagny
December 29th, 2018, 05:41 PM
I always wanted long hair. I guess I wanted to be like a princess, and princesses in fairy tales always have super long hair, don't they? When I was, like, 3-4 years old, I used to put tights on my head and pretend it was butt length hair :rollin: there are pictures of it somewhere in my home,

I used to do this with my nightgowns when I was age 7! So strange that I never actually decided to grow my hair to that length until 43 years later!

Reyn127
December 29th, 2018, 07:58 PM

I'm not sure if you'll come around to see this, OR if you'll be interested in it at all at this time, but we do have a trichotillomania support thread here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4854 Trichotillomania is essentially stress/habit related hair pulling and skin picking disorder, if you've never heard of it before. The thread has been helpful to me and a few others around here.

MusicalSpoons
December 29th, 2018, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure if you'll come around to see this, OR if you'll be interested in it at all at this time, but we do have a trichotillomania support thread here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4854 Trichotillomania is essentially stress/habit related hair pulling and skin picking disorder, if you've never heard of it before. The thread has been helpful to me and a few others around here.

Slightly off-topic but skin picking is dermatillomania; trichotillomania is only hair.

zashin66
December 29th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Ever since I married a narcissist in 2004 (divorced now), I had felt out of control of my life and like I couldn't satisfy anyone (husband). In 2012 when I first started noticing actual gray hairs, I remembered a childhood desire to have super long hair (as long as grandma's hair before she cut it) and realized I better get to growing. She could sit on it and my original LHC goal was for classic length. Of course i got LHC-itis. Now that I'm past the classic goal, I'm on to terminal wherever that is:o

I'm edging up on fingertip length. After that is midthigh length. Someday I want to fix my hair allover with pin curls like Grandma used to do. I remember her letting my five year old fingers trying to fix a pin curl for her as she was setting her hair:)

Fethenwen
December 30th, 2018, 12:36 AM
I've never felt comfortable with shorter lenghts :shrug: my hair is my crown jewelry, love the texture and feel to it, so the more the merrier!

Natalia_A00
December 30th, 2018, 06:05 AM
I just love how it looks. It's beautiful and feminine. Also, I think it suits me better than short hair (I look prettier to be honest, better for my face shape and all)
Also because I love how long braids look! And I love original hairstyles and I think with long hair you have more options.

lapushka
December 30th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Lapushka, Just out of curiosity. What is your hair type? I’m just curious. I wonder what mine will be like when I get more length...since you mentioned your rats nest at shorter lengths....

It's marked underneath my avatar. ;) 2b/c. My signature doesn't show it well, this is slept-on hair.

spidermom
December 30th, 2018, 11:10 AM
My hair has been long, and it's been short. I prefer it long. I can easily get it off my neck and out of my face, then I can get a completely different look by letting it down. Well-cared for long hair reminds me of a waterfall; flowy and graceful. So I guess that's my #1 reason: I can have 2 or more completely different styles in one day.

DaniGirl
December 30th, 2018, 11:29 AM
It’s going to sound bad, but basically I got pissed off at my mom.

She decided to kick me while I was down when my partner was in the hospital 3 weeks ago. So I decided to sever her out of every part of my life, I just hit my limit. It wasn’t until I started doing it that I realized how many different parts of my life I’ve let her have way too much input and control in to so many different parts of my life.

Including my hair! She’s a hairdresser, and I’ve been told my entire life how to wear how to cut it how to do it. And I’m 34 with the exception of 7 years I didn’t live near her she’s always cut it, coloured it. Every cut or colour I’ve asked for she did the way she wanted. She’s always cut way more off than I asked even when I’ve told her I was trying to grow it out.

So I decided to not let her near my hair ever again. I’ve always wanted to have it long like BSL to WL. So screw it, I found a new hairdresser who specializes in long hair and I’m growing out all the things she’s always told me we’re bad about my hair.

I feel like I’m having a giant teen rebellion and I’m 34. And I’m focusing most of it on my hair.

My mom isn’t a badperson, she’s just a bit controlling and selfish and doesn’t think before she speaks. It pissed me off and hurt me one too many times.

_fred_
December 30th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Good for you, DaniGirl! Best of luck with your journey, I hope it brings you plenty of joy :blossom:

Not sure what my no. 1 reason is, but I love the drama, romance and overall look of long hair. Like many others, I also have hair that's completely unruly at shorter lengths, but which behaves far better when it's longer. I'm fed up with triangle head, and I'm fed up with mooning after long hair and wishing mine was like that. Plus I love being able to braid or bun it and wear it completely out of the way, then let it down when I choose to.

Wendyclaire
December 30th, 2018, 11:54 AM
I love my hair long and I feel more feminine. I hate older women with short fuzzy hair styles and the pressure on us older women to conform and cut it. Just don’t want to look like I came out of a Star Trek air duct!

DaniGirl
December 30th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Thanks fred, I’m so excited to see where my hair takes me now that I have control of it.

JackintheBox
December 30th, 2018, 01:10 PM
I don't feel like "me" with short hair.
That’s the biggest one for me. But there are lots of other reasons too. I like how it looks. I like how it feels. I like being able to change my style. It’s also a built it toy for someone who likes to fiddle with things. And so on.

Cg
December 30th, 2018, 01:35 PM
I love my hair long and I feel more feminine. I hate older women with short fuzzy hair styles and the pressure on us older women to conform and cut it. Just don’t want to look like I came out of a Star Trek air duct!

I don't even understand this but it sounds hilarious.

Vacurlylady
December 30th, 2018, 01:36 PM
It's marked underneath my avatar. ;) 2b/c. My signature doesn't show it well, this is slept-on hair.

Thank you so much! It took me a minute to realize I use the mobile site a lot and that doesn’t show your info. Now I see it! ☺️ Your hair is gorgeous in your signature picture! I love seeing your posts.

kikuhoshi
December 30th, 2018, 02:04 PM
It’s going to sound bad, but basically I got pissed off at my mom.

*snip*

Ohai, welcome to the late teen rebellion club! I'm 28 going on 15. 🤣 My hair's always been a point of contention between me and my mom, since I like long hair, and she thinks anything longer than a lob is "disgusting". She's gotten better, but growing up, I would always end up with a "punishment bob" right around the time I hit WL. Funny now, devastating then.

Riot Crrl
December 30th, 2018, 02:10 PM
I don't even understand this but it sounds hilarious.

The tribbles maybe?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/ST_TroubleWithTribbles.jpg

My number one reason is that I feel like myself. Right now I have short hair I have vague feelings of being an imposter.

Cg
December 30th, 2018, 02:21 PM
The tribbles maybe?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/ST_TroubleWithTribbles.jpg

My number one reason is that I feel like myself. Right now I have short hair I have vague feelings of being an imposter.

Ah, thank you!

Capybara
December 30th, 2018, 03:15 PM
I grew up in a religion that did not allow me to cut my hair at all. When my family got out of the religion, I cut my hair. I wore it short for a few years but ultimately discovered that I prefer how it looks when long, and long hair is much lower maintenance for me than short hair.

victorian girl
December 30th, 2018, 03:28 PM
My hair is the thing about my appearance that people usually notice and compliment on, so I want to explore it's full potential:) *and it's a great distraction from my face, LOL*

lapushka
December 30th, 2018, 03:47 PM
Thank you so much! It took me a minute to realize I use the mobile site a lot and that doesn’t show your info. Now I see it! ☺️ Your hair is gorgeous in your signature picture! I love seeing your posts.

Thank you so much; so sweet of you! :D Your hair in your avatar is amazing, so thick and such a beautiful texture to it too! :flower:

ursaV
December 30th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Everything blackgothicdoll said, we share the same weird fantasy haha. I would love to look more historical, like I stepped out of an ancient city or a classical painting. That old world beauty has always attracted me, sort of flowing and natural. I was always more of a tomboy growing up, so I've truly been enjoying coming into my femininity as I get older, and I tie that experience to my hair. So I think that is my number one reason, embracing myself more as a woman.

Crystawni
December 30th, 2018, 11:13 PM
I don't have a reason. Only excuses. And they're all on my head. :silly:

elfynity
December 31st, 2018, 02:37 AM
I have always wanted to grow my hair because I really do believe that it is our glory on our head and is spiritually significant. To me it holds time and memory and perhaps even some strength. I really like how in many cultures past and present, men and women put alot of significance into their long hair.

I think that we only cut our hair now instead of growing it because we live in a 'quick fix' culture.

geenie
December 31st, 2018, 05:14 AM
I simply find long hair classical, or fantasy-like. I see it as a more old-fashioned representation of beauty, when the hair is pinned up throughout the day and then let down at night. There's some bit of intimacy in keeping it a secret to be revealed later.

^^^ MEEEEE I want to feel like an ethereal fairy/ elf type!

Vacurlylady
December 31st, 2018, 05:55 AM
Thank you so much; so sweet of you! :D Your hair in your avatar is amazing, so thick and such a beautiful texture to it too! :flower:

Thank you! Thank you, thank you! Wow. That makes me feel so happy. Your so sweet. I’m excited for new growth In the coming year! ☺️

Missymo
January 1st, 2019, 03:29 AM
I've always had long hair through my childhood and teen years, so it is what I'm used to and I would find it really odd to have short hair. The shortest hair that I've ever had has been mid back length.

Katsura
January 1st, 2019, 06:48 AM
I like long hair, I had long hair as a kid but something made me cut it in my teens and since then it's been everything else. Now I want to see if I can have it back. It would be nice to be that old lady with the long hair someday. :D

snorkie
January 1st, 2019, 08:47 AM
My long hair is a part of who I am. It is my signature and the length and color make me happy.

Skunklover
January 1st, 2019, 10:27 AM
Having long hair made me feel like a magical princess. It made me feel timeless. And then I bleached it...over and over and in the end had to cut it all off because it was terrible. Now I am starting my journey over. I have gotten sew in extensions many times since and they are the length of what I used to have which was just about waist. That was a few years ago now that it was that long and I miss it so much. When I have the extensions it makes me feel the way I used to and when I have to remove them I instantly feel sad inside.

elfynity
January 1st, 2019, 10:29 AM
Having long hair made me feel like a magical princess. It made me feel timeless. And then I bleached it...over and over and in the end had to cut it all off because it was terrible. Now I am starting my journey over. I have gotten sew in extensions many times since and they are the length of what I used to have which was just about waist. That was a few years ago now that it was that long and I miss it so much. When I have the extensions it makes me feel the way I used to and when I have to remove them I instantly feel sad inside.

Why don't you just use Hidden Crown Hair Extensions?

soothsayer
January 1st, 2019, 11:52 AM
My biggest reason for growing again (even though I loved having a pixie cut) was also just the hassle of consistently getting a good haircut. I found two people in my area who could spend the time doing all the cutting/texturizing/shaping that goes into the asymmetrical undercut pixie that is my go-to style. Cost of getting haircuts every four weeks (the shorter the cut, the more frequent the maintenance) and the lack of availability to get hair cuts scheduled means that I end up having a shaggy haircut almost half the time. I have pretty nicely-textured hair, so I figured I would grow it out to a point where I can do a lot of updo styles so my hair can look good more like 85% of the time.

Alibran
January 1st, 2019, 12:00 PM
Because the only two lengths I find easy to manage are very short and (very) long, and I get bored with very short.

spirals
January 1st, 2019, 01:19 PM
I wanted to be able to cover my back fat. Mission achieved. :D

Rosy blossom
January 5th, 2019, 07:55 AM
I've always either had shoulder length hair or up to bra strap, but never past it. In fact, currently my hair is the longest it's ever been in my entire life! (Currently mid back length waiting for it to reach waist in few months, fingers crossed!) One of my closest friend has always had mid back to waist length hair and I've always thought it looked so beautiful on her, so I want to see what I will look like with long hair. My goal is knee length. My only worry is, I have medium textured but thin hair overall. My ponytail circumference barely reaches 2" so I'm worried long hair might not suit me at all, but I won't know unless I try so happy hair growing! 😊

Viola_sororia
January 7th, 2019, 05:21 PM
I love the look of long hair. It's so feminine and pretty. I've always wanted really, really long hair. Remember that Thumbelina movie from the 90s? I wanted that. I was never allowed to grow my hair past APL until I moved out. Now I'm just above hip-length.

Julescarm
January 7th, 2019, 06:25 PM
As alot of us, I wanted long hair when I was little. Then at 15 I almost lost it all due to unknown health problems. Now ive come to cherish my hair and want to grow it very long and keep it beautiful. If anyone asked why I don't donate it I would tell them this.

Gisela
January 7th, 2019, 07:35 PM
The main reason I want long hair is because it reminds me of the illustrations on the fairy tales I love so. I am also obsessed with Waterhouse paintings and always dream of looking like a Pre-Raphaelite painting come to life.

Margarita
January 8th, 2019, 01:14 AM
I always liked long hair, i never had in my childhood :(
I feel like long hair creates a mystical feature on someone's appearance, and i see that long hair make people look younger.
Since im a curly, i would love reaching my hair length goal (classic length) and enhace my curly locks :D

Juanita
January 8th, 2019, 04:22 AM
Never have wanted short hair and I like being the old lady with long silver hair.except when I’m putting unnatural colours on it.

Rapunzeloneday
January 8th, 2019, 12:52 PM
I want long hair because it just looks so pretty! I want to look like a princess

GlacierLacie
January 8th, 2019, 05:55 PM
I want long hair because to me, it's just natural. I'm a very "Earthy" kind of person, I have a raging garden in the warmer weather, I'm all for permaculture, I even hate when people cut their grass (lol) etc! ... and in a way, your hair is like a plant, you want it to full of life and grow to its full potential! It's just natural to let it grow long and healthy I say!

RubberDucky
January 9th, 2019, 01:52 AM
I've had all lengths of hair from boy short to classic. Last few years I spent as a pixie and really liked it. What made me want long hair again? Apart from simply loving long hair there was this one random moment... Waiting to board a plane at the airport and seeing a large group of women slightly older than me - every single one of them had short hair, none longer than a few inches. Somehow that memory really stuck with me. So here I am.

ksampson321
January 9th, 2019, 07:12 AM
I think long hair is easier to care for. Just put it in a ponytail or bun and you are off. It's easier to stretch washes. There are so many advantages that people with shorter hair don't realize.

MarPreciosa
January 9th, 2019, 10:50 AM
It's very simple: I love the look, feel and ease of long hair. It's also fun to have a challenge! I am only trying to get to BSL or waist though (tailbone max). Sorry - that's more the one! Can't choose!

Knightly
January 9th, 2019, 10:51 AM
I really don't know... I just like the way it looks, I can't imagine myself having short hair (again) cause it's a pain in the a** having to get it trimmed every month or growing it out. Long hair also has this really strange, ethereal vibe to it, reminds me of ladies centuries ago.
And it's just overall easier to handle, you can tie it up or down and you don't have to trim at all of you don't want to.

MarPreciosa
January 9th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Yes I completely agree ksampson. I found short hair very challenging.

unicourtney
January 9th, 2019, 11:25 AM
My #1 reason is because it's just one of my beauty ideals. I think it's so flattering on tall women (I'm 5'10") and it's rare to see long, well-cared for hair. I haven't cut my hair short since 20 years ago so it's also become part of my identity.

LittleOgre
January 13th, 2019, 12:31 PM
I want to feel feminine and beautiful. I see long hair as that. It compliments any girl and it just makes them look so feminine... Like a fairytale princess awaiting her prince. 😅 lol

Eireann
January 13th, 2019, 12:58 PM
It feels natural.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 13th, 2019, 12:59 PM
My #1 reason is because it's just one of my beauty ideals. I think it's so flattering on tall women (I'm 5'10") and it's rare to see long, well-cared for hair. I haven't cut my hair short since 20 years ago so it's also become part of my identity.

I'm 5'10" too! :D

whiteisle
January 13th, 2019, 02:29 PM
I've had all lengths of hair from boy short to classic. Last few years I spent as a pixie and really liked it. What made me want long hair again? Apart from simply loving long hair there was this one random moment... Waiting to board a plane at the airport and seeing a large group of women slightly older than me - every single one of them had short hair, none longer than a few inches. Somehow that memory really stuck with me. So here I am.

I've had my hair in a very short pixie for the last two years and have begun to notice the very same thing....that it seems to be the go-to length for older women. That is not how I see myself. So, like you, here I am.

Plus, I feel it's very feminine and I miss that part of my appearance...if that makes sense.

Another 5'10" here, too! :waving:

momof3mary
January 13th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Game of Thrones inspired me to grow from a buzz cut. My hair is just past chin now, all virgin. My goal is mid thigh. I also must say all the information here has helped me tremendously on my journey ❤️

klmt
January 18th, 2019, 12:08 PM
I don't know what the trigger was, but suddenly I was noticing long hair everywhere, and how cool it looked. Right now, my coworker and my mom are giving me real hair envy, so I guess they're my #1 motiviation/reason?

I do also want to wear viking-esque braids day-to-day, which you need serious length to do.

GrowinIt
January 18th, 2019, 12:15 PM
I recently started wanting longer hair. I don't know exactly what triggered it. I have just been noticing it on other people, and want that look, it just looks beautiful to me.

Dark40
January 18th, 2019, 01:02 PM
I wanted to be able to cover my back fat. Mission achieved. :D

Good answer! :) Me too! :D

joylightbeauty
January 18th, 2019, 01:26 PM
I have always had long hair. Growing up in grade school there were only a few of us that had long hair and it made me feel unique and different.I also have lots of positive memories around my hair. The shortest I have had was BSL and I just didn't really feel like myself with it that short (felt super short to me) and i felt like then i looked like everyone else. I've always been a little different from everyone around me and I like that. :)

femmefatale
January 18th, 2019, 09:47 PM
I grew up in a joint family
All of my closest female relatives have long hair
My cousin's and my sister
https://i.postimg.cc/Y2sr0cSY/crop-5517989666153243523.png
And then in school I have a very close friend who had almost classic length hair
And recently I had an increase in height (I'm 5'3 now .it is considered tall for a girl here)
And I felt like I looked awkward with short hair so...
Grow ,hair, grow (I would like to grow my hair to hip min and hoping for classic)

Ylva
January 18th, 2019, 09:55 PM
And then in school I have a very close friend who had almost classic length hair
And recently I had an increase in height (I'm 5'3 now .it is considered tall for a girl here)
Grow ,hair, grow (I would like to grow my hair to hip min and hoping for classic)

That's a gorgeous photo! I love the outfits and the hairs! So much beautiful colour!

JEMTheNerd
January 18th, 2019, 10:31 PM
I used to have long hair, and since cutting it I don't really *see* the length to be me! I also miss feeling my hair against my skin, it always felt so lovely! I also think I look much more beautiful with longer hair than any other length tbh!! I miss people complementing it, I miss thicc braids and feeling it woosh behind me when I run. I miss running my hands through it and it seemingly never ends. I could go on for hours hahaha!

femmefatale
January 18th, 2019, 10:41 PM

MidnightMoon
January 18th, 2019, 11:23 PM
I think it looks better on me, but that's probably just an idea of mine. In reality, I think it's just I'm more used to it, and now feel weird without long hair.
Sometimes I think I like that it looks different from average, or that I can do some styles you can't with short hair.

shaiyeh
January 19th, 2019, 01:25 AM
I'm growing mine out because long hair is beautiful! Purely for aesthetics, haha. I've always wanted really long hair, but have in the past caved when that spur of the moment thought of 'oooo let's cut the hairrr' popped into my head xD I'm down to hip now and it's the longest my hair has ever been. :)

Edelweiss11
January 19th, 2019, 03:19 AM
I want long hair because it looks beautiful, and I want to try plenty of hairstyles too. It is strange because I used to have longer hair a few years ago but didn't care about it at all... :shrug:

MarPreciosa
January 19th, 2019, 07:51 AM

I felt awkward with short hair too. BSL + is where I feel best. Can't blame you for wanting length especially after looking at this picture. Your family's hair is what dreams are made of 😉

femmefatale
January 19th, 2019, 08:09 AM
I felt awkward with short hair too. BSL + is where I feel best. Can't blame you for wanting length especially after looking at this picture. Your family's hair is what dreams are made of ��

Awww...Thanks I'll let them know

lapushka
January 19th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Awww...Thanks I'll let them know

Gorgeous hair. Is that you on the right? I'm curious, aren't I? ;)

femmefatale
January 19th, 2019, 10:37 PM
Gorgeous hair. Is that you on the right? I'm curious, aren't I? ;)
Yep you are
That's my sister on the right

priinnz
January 20th, 2019, 02:03 AM
Long hair singnifies beauty to me. When I was a kid my mother had beautiful long hair and I always wanted to have hair like hers.

Pacific
January 20th, 2019, 02:29 AM
It feels natural.
That's my reason, too.

Hexen
January 20th, 2019, 03:30 AM
Other than me simply liking it and having a preference for it, I think long hair is a physical and visual representation of time. And with it being the result of a vision in ones mind, I think that it also, in the same way, represents a measure of discipline. To get there, engage in the continuous maintenance thereof, and perhaps even grow beyond, how can anyone say that it doesn't? So in that way it can be a medal to be adorned, because it was earned.
:toast::bottomsup::thumbsup:

Laurelin
January 30th, 2019, 07:42 PM
I would say my main reason is because I find it unique and beautiful. Other reason is because it helped me boost my self-confidence a bit. :o

Groovy Granny
January 30th, 2019, 10:12 PM
It's easy care........ fun to style....and I need that as I age :eyebrows:

Sarahlabyrinth
January 31st, 2019, 02:26 AM
It's easy care........ fun to style....and I need that as I age :eyebrows:

You forgot "And it's beautiful" :D

OhSuzi
January 31st, 2019, 02:37 AM
Just one?! Because it looks AMAZING!

Also where I live long long hair is a rare sight.
Also great for historical reenactment!

Makyle
January 31st, 2019, 03:27 AM
Long hair (waist ++++) is an uncommon sight where I stay, and I think its gorgeous, easier to manage and as someone with a full leg of tattoos and a half sleeve of roses I think it adds a romantic/whimsical and softer touch to how I look.

PixieNixie
January 31st, 2019, 04:27 AM
I want long hair because I like it aesthetically. I want to prove you can have fashion color and long hair; they are not mutually exclusive as long as you take care of your hair. I want to be able to wrap myself up in my own hair like a blanket.

Sid0rela
January 31st, 2019, 05:49 AM
I'm a sucker for long hair. I think it looks amazing in every style and it's easier to take care of than short hair.
I also think short hair doesn't suit my face.

Wravyn
January 31st, 2019, 04:44 PM
There are a number of reasons why I decided to grow it out, but I guess if I had to pick a number one it would be because I wanted to love my hair. I didn't have any guidance growing up so it basically looked like Hermione's did fresh off the train (only worse, and not nearly as cute).

That is, until middle school when I got highlights (which didn't help). Then I repeatedly dyed and cut it for years after that, but never really loved how it looked. It wasn't until a few years ago that I started to look into natural hair care and found out how to manage it a little better. Then I mentioned to a friend that I wanted to grow it out but was lost on how to care for it and she suggested I join LHC. Since then I can honestly say that I'm starting to love my hair for the first time. :o

Hairkay
February 1st, 2019, 11:50 AM
Long hair is warm and cosy on cold winter's day. I have no need of scarves.:)

Aeonian
February 1st, 2019, 12:40 PM
Long hair for me is finally accepting that it's probably my best feature, I love the texture of my hair when it's long. That's why it's odd that I have only had longish hair (BSL) just three times. Never got to waist, would love to aim for that length but I'm really really impatient. Did I mention that I'm a wurly curly? Wont see much progress I'm afraid.

Dee94
February 1st, 2019, 01:07 PM
I'd look better and actually have some confidence in myself.

ash1
February 1st, 2019, 01:23 PM
I would like to try all those lovely buns and braids/plaits I have seen here on the forum and on historical characters on TV. The variety and the patterns make me feel in awe (almost like hair knitting) :o. However, my hair is quite thin and it does start thinning even more when longer. I hope I can manage to have at least half as awesome hairstyles as ladies (& gentlemen) here.

TheForestFae
February 2nd, 2019, 11:05 AM
I wanted to have that "Pocahontas flowing hair" moment, then I want to be just like Rapunzel and also want to be able to do all kind of hairstyles :>

spidergoat
February 3rd, 2019, 04:37 PM
I'm pretty sure I've answered in this thread already, but I thought of another reason. Having my hair up in a bun makes me feel so confident and put-together, like a "real" adult. Since confidence is something I struggle with, I think it's neat that I can evoke that using just my hair! Also, the toys are pretty.

lemonlollies
February 3rd, 2019, 04:41 PM
It looks feminine and pretty as others have said. I have a friend with thick, long luscious hip length hair that looks bouncy and healthy.. mine not so much, it’s mid back length and damaged with crispy ends, but I have only been following a proper routine with it for a year so there is still hope!

astrid92
February 6th, 2019, 09:26 AM
I have a couple reasons why I have and want long hair:

1. I have never thought I look good with short hair.
2. With my hair cut short it ends up puffing out, as my hair is wavy with some curls.
3. Long hair is more manageable and versatile.
4. It makes me feel beautiful and feminine.
5. I am a fan of historical and fantasy hairstyles.

Strawonaberry
February 6th, 2019, 10:11 AM
I've had short and medium hair on and off almost my whole life, and having no hair wisdom, I feel I always looked super awkward. Couldn't ever pin it up or style it succesfully, my scalp hurt from various small braid and bobby pin experiments, my texture made for weird fly ups and it always twisted to the left on both sides (as in one side in, one side out). Also since it's thick it is quite stiff, so it doesn't fall too gracefully at short lengths.
Now that I've been growing it out (Almost APL atm), and I've learned to painlessly pin it with claw-clips, I feel very glamorous and put together with my hair up, plus I feel prettier now when it's down. I can't wait to have fantasy-like lengths! :p

Ceib
February 7th, 2019, 09:41 PM
I cut mine off and now I miss it. I really like all the beautiful braids, buns, and updos you can achieve with long hair.

GrowlingCupcake
February 7th, 2019, 09:49 PM
It started with laziness, mistrust of hair dressers, and not liking it when people touch my hair. So I went from shorter than shoulder length but longer than chin (waves) to somewhere around waist because I did not go back to Singapore, where my usual hair dresser was.

Now it is curiosity; I want to know what is terminal length for me.

brexit
February 17th, 2019, 09:35 AM
I have a wedding in July and would like to have a cool hair style. I have spent hours looking for the most appropriate variant and now I think I would spenв twice more looking for a hairstylist shudder: I hope the my wedding would be the happiest day in my life. I have never thought it would be so difficult to arrange everything. I have a lot of checklists and planners like that SPAM BE HERE! and they are really helpful but I can not find something like that considering a beautiful hair style. I hope for your ideas. ladies:knit:

MusicalSpoons
February 17th, 2019, 10:36 AM
I have a wedding in July and would like to have a cool hair style. I have spent hours looking for the most appropriate variant and now I think I would spenв twice more looking for a hairstylist shudder: I hope the my wedding would be the happiest day in my life. I have never thought it would be so difficult to arrange everything. I have a lot of checklists and planners like thatSPAM BE HERE!!] and they are really helpful but I can not find something like that considering a beautiful hair style. I hope for your ideas. ladies:knit:

You'll probably get a better response if you post this as a new thread on the Mane forum rather than just here :flower:

SurprisingWoman
February 17th, 2019, 05:42 PM
I have long hair because I am cheap and lazy. This is the cheapest, easiest hair I could ever imagine.

oldrocker
February 18th, 2019, 04:25 AM
ummm.....even though I'm an ex-longhair, and contemplating being an old grey longhair guy again.....my answer is that I
was born this way..... haven't read through this thread yet to see how many others feel this way.

OldRocker

Agava
February 18th, 2019, 08:44 AM
I want long hair because:
Last time I had at least APL was 10 years ago. I miss long hair on me.
Another reason is, while my hair was long, I liked how it looked from a side, not touching my back completely, but rather swaying in the air. I know that it sounds funny, but that is what I want and what keeps me patient to let my hair grow long :knit:

MadelineMomo
February 18th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Everything blackgothicdoll said, we share the same weird fantasy haha. I would love to look more historical, like I stepped out of an ancient city or a classical painting. That old world beauty has always attracted me, sort of flowing and natural. I was always more of a tomboy growing up, so I've truly been enjoying coming into my femininity as I get older, and I tie that experience to my hair. So I think that is my number one reason, embracing myself more as a woman.

Me too! You put that feeling into words beautifully.

Other factors include:

I never liked my hair color growing up. I have blonde hair, and I always wanted dark hair—dark hair is so striking. My decision to grow out my hair lines up with me coming to appreciate it's color. That was also around the time when I realized my hair was wavy. Once me and my hair were good with each other, I was much more interested in having lots of it.

And that feeling of your hair against your back. When you take off your shirt, or when you wear a tank top, and you can feel your hair shifting gently against your back and shoulders... it's the best feeling ever, and I was amazed no one else mentioned it before.

KoKonut
February 18th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Number one reason for me is it makes me feel so feminine.
But following number one reason is I'm determined to not go along with the old belief that when you reach a certain age long hair just doesn't look right. I've never been one to follow the crowd on anything, never have followed fads, detest it, so if everyone is wearing a certain type of clothing just because "it's the in thing" if I happen to like it I wear it if not I don't.
So, I want to feel the very long hair the way it feels on the back which makes me feel very feminine and I want to defy the common belief of long hair on older women is a no-no.

Now how long it will take me to GET my hair to that kind of length, who knows, feels like it will be an eternity at this point!

Ylva
February 18th, 2019, 11:57 AM
I see many people saying that having their hair long makes them feel feminine and that they wanted to be a princess and such things. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, each to their own for sure, I just thought to share my own view as it's a little different I guess. I grew up in a family where the men had longer hair than the women. My mother has a buzzcut, my dad has short hair but it's long enough to show some waves. My big sister had around shoulder length hair or a little longer most of her life, now she has shorter hair than my dad, and my two brothers both have very long hair. Growing up as a tomboy with mostly long hair, I never came to associate long hair with femininity in any particular way, and I still can't say it makes me feel feminine, and I've come to associate the whole "men need to look like men and women need to look like women and these are the rules for that" kind of thing with Christianity/other Abrahamic religions, which play no part in my life. I think of hair as a fascinating extension of the human body that has almost something mystical to it, definitely makes me feel more connected to the Earth and my ancestors and so on. I mean, it's the only part of me that can flow in the wind and "be one with it" so to speak (not that I particularly allow it to do that, haha, I'll pass on the tangles) and such small things that make it quite a special "body part". I think the majestic and mystical nature of hair can enhance any quality, be it femininity or masculinity. I won't get into my gender identity and the such here, the only thing I wanted to express in the end was that to me, long hair is not inherently a feminine feature, but that it's totally fine by me if someone else sees it that way.

Katsura
February 18th, 2019, 12:01 PM
I see many people saying that having their hair long makes them feel feminine and that they wanted to be a princess and such things. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, each to their own for sure, I just thought to share my own view as it's a little different I guess. I grew up in a family where the men had longer hair than the women. My mother has a buzzcut, my dad has short hair but it's long enough to show some waves. My big sister had around shoulder length hair or a little longer most of her life, now she has shorter hair than my dad, and my two brothers both have very long hair. Growing up as a tomboy with mostly long hair, I never came to associate long hair with femininity in any particular way, and I still can't say it makes me feel feminine, and I've come to associate the whole "men need to look like men and women need to look like women and these are the rules for that" kind of thing with Christianity/other Abrahamic religions, which play no part in my life. I think of hair as a fascinating extension of the human body that has almost something mystical to it, definitely makes me feel more connected to the Earth and my ancestors and so on. I mean, it's the only part of me that can flow in the wind and "be one with it" so to speak (not that I particularly allow it to do that, haha, I'll pass on the tangles) and such small things that make it quite a special "body part". I think the majestic and mystical nature of hair can enhance any quality, be it femininity or masculinity. I won't get into my gender identity and the such here, the only thing I wanted to express in the end was that to me, long hair is not inherently a feminine feature, but that it's totally fine by me if someone else sees it that way.

That's a very nice way to put it and I agree. :)

Suortuva
February 18th, 2019, 12:55 PM
#1 Fancy updos.

naomigrace
February 20th, 2019, 11:14 AM
I feel most like me with long hair. I want to have long hair when I'm old, too, because I want to be different than all the old ladies with short perms. Silver and white hair are so pretty.

Haven
February 20th, 2019, 11:35 AM
I just think the look of long shiny waves is gorgeous... I have a vision in my head of wearing a flared skirt and having my hair flow neatly into the silhouette. :)

I'm kind of inspired by artwork from Heian-period Japan, where the aristocratic women grew their hair out to terminal and wore it down with robes long enough to prevent it from dragging on the ground behind them. It was a kind of protest against the short updos popular in China at the time - a statement that although Japan had adopted a lot of Chinese ideas over the years, they had their own unique and beautiful culture.
My hair isn't stick-straight and glossy black like the women depicted in artwork, but I think the idea stands that long hair can represent individuality and nobility.

LongHairM
February 20th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Hi, this is my first post as well :)
I have a few reasons:

1. I cut my mid-back length hair to shoulder length a few months ago due to bleach damage, and my hair looks horrible! With my hair texture, my hair is infinitely more easy to look after and style when it's longer.
2. I fell in love with look of long hair. I think a long, well groomed mane is impossible not to notice.
3. I loved long hair throughout my childhood. When I was 13 my hair was down to my butt until a girl from my class said my hair was "too long". That made me insecure and I decided to cut it shorter. Ever since then, I've experimented with different hair cuts and later different hair colors. The one hairstyle I haven't tried is long hair. I never even considered it except from once or twice in the 10 years since, and always gave up on the idea for a color change or a haircut. I feel like I have to try it once to see if I actually like it. It feels like I was made not to like it.

I have 2-3 long years until I reach my goal length. Hopefully I won't quit this time :)

Shepherdess
February 20th, 2019, 09:54 PM
It's me. It's part of me. I can't imagine it any differently I guess. I like to touch it, and look at it. It's sort of a comfort thing I guess. I used to say it is one thing about me that makes me feel beautiful, but I think it's more than just that. For me it is a spiritual thing too a bit. :)

Arciela
February 20th, 2019, 10:11 PM
I've always just loved long hair. The more I grow my hair out the better it looks, I think :)

bumblebums
February 21st, 2019, 06:13 AM
I have long hair because I am cheap and lazy. This is the cheapest, easiest hair I could ever imagine.

Hah--just what I was going to say for myself!

emmalouise
February 21st, 2019, 10:39 AM
I absolutely love long hair but I've been stuck in a 10+ year cycle of growing it to just below shoulder length, cutting it to a bob and repeat. So for me, it's just something I've never had but always wanted ��

Moondancer
February 21st, 2019, 11:02 AM
I absolutely love long hair but I've been stuck in a 10+ year cycle of growing it to just below shoulder length, cutting it to a bob and repeat. So for me, it's just something I've never had but always wanted ��

Agree. I've never been beyond BSL, which I considered long then. I love the idea of having long (and a little bit wild) hair and I really admire the interesting up-dos and braids achieved with long hair.

DannyOlivia
February 21st, 2019, 05:54 PM
The main reason I really want long hair is because I fell in love with Twilight and when I finally got my hands on the graphic novels I saw that Bella had long hair. And so I wanted long hair ever since.

young&reckless
February 21st, 2019, 07:34 PM
I grew it out to be resentful to a man you liked my hair short and fell in love with it. I love having something to play with.

fluffyshidah
February 22nd, 2019, 06:16 AM
Great topic! My #1 reason why I want long hair is simply to have more hairstyles! I have fine & thin hair which falls flat and unable to hold any volume when short.

Moondancer
February 22nd, 2019, 09:51 AM
I grew it out to be resentful to a man you liked my hair short and fell in love with it. I love having something to play with.

That’s funny, that is partially why I cut mine short!

LizzyGrant
February 22nd, 2019, 11:47 AM
The main reason I really want long hair is because I fell in love with Twilight and when I finally got my hands on the graphic novels I saw that Bella had long hair. And so I wanted long hair ever since.

I'm also a fan of Twilight, haha! When I was reading the books I thought she had quite long hair, at least waist length. Her hair isn't super long in the movies but I like it in them as well.

tlatzoteotl
February 22nd, 2019, 11:53 AM
To get it off my neck. It's incredibly thick and all my life has been impossible to do anything with except put in a braid, ponytail, or half-up ponytail. I got tired of damaging my hair with hair ties, so I decided to buy some hair sticks and try some buns....and my hair was too short. I could pull off a grand total of one bun - the kind where you divide the hair in half and turn one clockwise and the other counter-clockwise and the stick anchors it. At BSL I could do that, barely. As it has grown out to hip length, I can now do a nautilus bun. Woo-hoo. I can even wind my hair around twice, although that makes it way too tight on my scalp, so I still just do one turn and tuck the ends as best I can. At this length I've always gone for a 6-7 inch cut (about once a year), but I'm gonna keep going this time. See how long I can go to try more intricate buns. It might be that it will be too heavy, and I'll just stay at hip length the rest of my life. We'll see.

MoonRabbit
February 22nd, 2019, 01:23 PM
I've always wanted to grow long. But never did. Until I started to become frustrated with my damaged waves from years of heat. All I wanted was to be able to wash and go without having to do much in the way of styling.

Though it's great that I have that now. Long curtain hair can become boring fast for me as well. So who knows...

Luna Starsetta
February 22nd, 2019, 01:34 PM
really i just feel at home with long hair and i love having it. that's really my #1 reason. plus its striking on curly hair there aren't many that go tough the frustration of growing it out since it shrinks. but those that do on here i admire your manes! :crush:

Uproo
February 23rd, 2019, 02:58 PM
It is feminine and very beautiful

miyeena
February 27th, 2019, 03:24 PM
I've always had short hair as a child and I always fantasized of having very long hair: that's one of the reasons. But another one is the need to have something to ''cover'' me in a way, as a blanket :)

Simpscone
February 27th, 2019, 03:56 PM
I’ve never really had it very long and I feel like it will make me feel more feminine and beautiful.

I know it’s not the best reason to do it to feel “more beautiful” but that’s the number one reason I suppose!

meteor
February 27th, 2019, 04:47 PM
I really don't know. :shrug: I feel more like myself with long hair, it's just a simple, effortless way of expressing myself in a small way, I guess.

itskate
February 27th, 2019, 09:07 PM
I actually always hated how long hair looked on me......then I learned how to care for my hair! so now i want to see it in its full glory, haha, I think I never gave it a proper chance before because I found it unmanageable and it just looked bad. Anyway I'm excited to experience the other end of the long hair/super short hair spectrum I guess! And I love the thought of having cute accessories specifically for holding up a bun.

maborosi
February 27th, 2019, 11:25 PM
So I can use my braid as an escape rope in an emergency situation. 8)

Hailey
February 27th, 2019, 11:38 PM
i want to have long hair because i want it to flow behind me like pohcahontas when i swim :) (not joking)

sugar&nutmeg
February 28th, 2019, 11:21 AM
Was going to add my vote to "cheap and lazy", but the deeper truth, for this old Aspie, is:

So I won't have to go to the salon and get it cut.

That's only partly about the money, and only partly about the outlay. "Our" stylist (mine when I had short hair, and DH's throughout) seems to make up an amount each time. Will it be $15? $35? $other? It's very stressful.

I can't bear having my hair washed by someone else, so I have to go in with just-washed wet-damp hair. Then there's the noise (blowdryers). The smells. The touching.

Plus, I don't trust any stylist to be able to replicate 'that short haircut I love' each time. But even if the cut comes out sorta-kinda the same, it still goes like this, over 6-8 weeks: a) needs cutting, b) is too short, c) is okay, d) is getting too long...aaaand repeat.

And let's not even get into the chat that feels like a test I'm bound to fail.

Stylist: "Soooo, what have you been up to?"
Me: "Um...nothing? Thinking complex, analytical thoughts about big, abstract ideas...no? Okay... Um..."

Stylist: "Sooooo, what do you have planned for the rest of the day?"
Me: "Um...going right home to recover from this?"

Yeah, better for me to keep my hair long.

Mei_Lin
February 28th, 2019, 01:14 PM
It's just so beautiful. And honestly, I feel that I have beautiful and shiny hair, and I prefer to show it off a little (it's better long in my opinion)

klmt
February 28th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Was going to add my vote to "cheap and lazy", but the deeper truth, for this old Aspie, is:

So I won't have to go to the salon and get it cut.

Saaaaame. I'm already scaling back on how much personal grooming I outsource to others; I need to clear my schedule for an eyebrow wax because the trip downtown and back, not to mention the small talk we need to make during, wipes out my social energy reserves for the day. A haircut? Usually an hour of one on one interaction. I need the whole weekend to recover, lol.

languagenut
February 28th, 2019, 07:50 PM
i want to have long hair because i want it to flow behind me like pohcahontas when i swim :) (not joking)

Well, the last time I tried to swim with my hair loose, it was just in the way and my hands kept getting caught in it :shrug:

My hair is thick and wavy, so I expect a short cut that isn't a pixie would just be poofy triangle head. And I don't want a pixie, so I think at least waist length looks best on me, and hip is my personal favorite length so far (I just like how it looks, and it's easy to put up). As for why I'm growing it past hip, I'm just curious about what it's like. It's very likely that if I ever get to classic, I'll just cut it back to hip :).

Ligeia Noire
February 28th, 2019, 08:05 PM
So I can use my braid as an escape rope in an emergency situation. 8)

:laugh: win of the day.

AmaryllisRed
February 28th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Every time I see this thread I think, well, because I like my hair. So why wouldn't I want more of it? Simple as that.

Zorya
March 1st, 2019, 09:02 AM
Also going to go with "hate getting my hair cut". Well, that's not true. I love getting it cut, but I hate the fact that it never turns out the way I want it to, that stylists rarely understand how to work with my hair and that it costs so much money. If I had a dime for every time a stylist razored my hair, or my favourite, cut hair directly down to my scalp to make the "volume more manageable" I could just build a robot that would cut my hair the way I wanted it.

So, that means I am stuck with 1) Shaving my head for the rest of my life or 2) Waiting until it's long enough that I can trim it myself and put it up whenever it's misbehaving. Since I am sick of having super-short hair, I guess that means option #2. Plus, I'm getting older now so my growth is going to slow down, and honestly? It's starting to look a little shocking when I have a buzzcut and as much grey hair as I do*.

*: I don't have the nice, silver look, I just have little randos cropping up here and there. It's odd!

LadyArwen
March 2nd, 2019, 07:55 PM
Let me think about this post...I do not know if there is a number one reason...theres a variety of factors. Sometimes I think of getting it cut to fit in more, but then I see pentecostal hair and I change my mind. I simply think it is beautiful :)

Milkchocolate
March 4th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Plain and put, long hair adds a cool element to all of my outfits :) lol

Dark40
March 4th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Milkchocolate, I totally agree with you on that note :) lol

frostedeyes
March 6th, 2019, 06:44 PM
I have long hair because, like another poster said, there’s an element of fantasy. I’ve always loved flowing long hair—I think I’ve always idolized it growing up, and because my hair was never longer than my mid back (my mother would never allow it any longer.) I never knew what it was like to have long hair.

Now that I’m an adult, I’m living a fantasy—having TBL hair, and taking care of it—and I find that having long hair is more “me”. Anytime I get trims and/or cuts, I get super bummed out about it.

My husband loves either very long hair or very short hair, so I appreciate his encouragement and support.

Patience32
March 6th, 2019, 07:10 PM
My number one reason is that I think I look better with long hair. My hair behaves better when it is long. It is kinda wavy in weird ways and when it is longer it seems to "stretch" out and lays so much nicer. Therefore, it is easier to manage and I never have a "bad hair day" when it's long because I can just do a cute updo.

Also, I think part of me wants to help break the status quo of having to have short hair when you are older. I just turned forty, but my Mom has wanted long hair for as long as I can remember, but keeps cutting it into a pixie because she doesn't want to look like a "teenie bopper" as she says with it long. It makes me really sad because I know she hates her hair the way it is now and has for a long time.

esfand
March 6th, 2019, 07:36 PM
It was many different reasons throughout the years, but I guess the current "main" reason is to be different.

Some past and current reasons include:
1. because I can
2. cheaper and lower maintenence to just not cut it
3. inspired by fantasy and fictional characters
4. the association with certain cultures and personality types
5. sense of rebellion
6. mark of adulthood, because i always had short hair as a child

Milkchocolate
March 6th, 2019, 10:12 PM
It was many different reasons throughout the years, but I guess the current "main" reason is to be different.

Some past and current reasons include:
1. because I can
2. cheaper and lower maintenence to just not cut it
3. inspired by fantasy and fictional characters
4. the association with certain cultures and personality types
5. sense of rebellion
6. mark of adulthood, because i always had short hair as a child

Oh!! That’s a lovely list :)

Jessica Jones
March 7th, 2019, 01:34 AM
I always loved long hair cause I think it made me feel powerful and beautyful. Also maybe it felt to me a sign of freedom and rebelion ( everyone was like hey girl you need a trimm). I love rockstars with super long hair. Ofcaurse there been times I did big changes and I cut too much legth but I alway go back to love legth. I also learned about 2 years ago to make my own braids and I loved the process. It was a selfcare act and a nice trick of how to avoid a sore head while working and at the same time look classical and neat.

I recently desided i want more legth (past bra line) cause this line was kind of my limit sice always. I wanna push it to WL caue I feel I can do it.

Learning to change my hair routine is fun and braid and bun learning sparks my creativeness :)

Jessica Jones
March 7th, 2019, 02:00 AM

I love the way you view this. I also was never the barbie girl and I had long hair usually to keep them on a ponytail. Also I believe that long hair look great on many men.

Liosan
March 7th, 2019, 02:29 AM
In this thread I read a lot of reasons I connect with. But I think for me it is mostly because I have many nice sensory memories from the time when my hair was longer. I miss the feeling of running my hands trough longer hair and the way it tickles down my back.

My fondest memories are from when I started to live on my own and I had a kitten. At night it would curl up behind my head in my hair and purr really loudly! As the cat grew bigger, the purr got louder haha. It was a happy and relaxing sound. This was ofcourse a long time ago. The cat reached a respectable age, but is no longer with me unfortunately. Maybe I can ‘train’ my current cats when my hair grows longer ....:heart:

drummer
March 7th, 2019, 04:59 AM
What a great thread! Personally, because I love (classic) rock and you need a decent amount of hair to headbang :)

sugar&nutmeg
March 7th, 2019, 10:12 AM
Oh my goodness! Remember I said my main reason was so I wouldn't have to go to the salon to get it cut?

DH got his hair cut today, and I went along, because we had things to do afterward.

It was awful just listening, not even taking part. The guy before DH talked non-stop to the stylist, even wanting to show her pictures as he was getting ready to pay and go away! He was talking as he walked out the door!

I was done, right then.

But then, the strained small-talk between the stylist and DH (who doesn't love it, either), and among the stylists, and to their clients, and...

NO. Just...no. Long. Long is good. Long is great!

I didn't get my hair cut, but between that and then the dreaded supermarket...I'm wiped out.

Liz_H
March 7th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Mainly I just like it. I look better in short hair. I had a chin length bob, but didn't get around to cutting it for awhile. 2 years in, it's mid back length. The only thing I miss about really short hair? I could blast away with the hair dryer with no damage. 3 or 4 minutes and it was dry.

SimplySmile
March 11th, 2019, 01:18 PM
I had long hair (TBL) and at the time I thought it was so short and not growing and then I chopped it all off.

I want long hair again so this time I can appreciate it.

I miss my flexi clips and my lazy wrap bun.

I felt the most confident and most like myself with long hair, I just had a few moments of weakness and now have 15 inches less hair..

Now I am much more determined to not let anything anyone says to me change the fact that I like long hair and it is my choice!

:guns:

toastertroodle
March 12th, 2019, 01:44 PM
I mostly want long hair because I want to feel like a science fiction worthy princess haha.

For years I’ve kept trying these trendy Pinterest haircuts and am only now realizing that being trendy just isn’t “me”. I’m currently only a little past APL but I’m so excited for my hair to grow and match my inner self :)

JuniperTree
March 17th, 2019, 07:42 AM
I'm growing long hair because there are more interesting styling options than short hair and I like being able to put it all back without 30 hair grips! Also when my hair is short it is very 'big'; even now at BSL it's wider than my shoulders when down. Hopefully length will weigh it down somewhat

ynne
March 17th, 2019, 09:29 AM
I'm hoping my hair will behave the way it did the last time I had long hair (a bit past waist, I think?) – that the length will weight down my hair, making it more manageable.

(JuniperTree, we seem to have the exact same issue!)

jessicasantana
March 17th, 2019, 10:03 AM
it suits me so well (that's what i think) and i never had my hair all natural and long, also because i'm totally in love with braids, buns and everything you can do with long hair :D now that i have learned how to take good care of my wavy-curlish mess i'm loving my hair, can't wait to reach mid back length :cheese:

The Lizard Wife
March 22nd, 2019, 08:03 PM
Princess hair....I want princess hair...I have always wanted princess hair!

Going to do my best to fulfill bitty!me's dream of princess hair, a princess dress, and a sword (yes, all of those together. They definitely go together.)

Katia_k
March 22nd, 2019, 11:10 PM
My hair is always so unmanageable and crazy. I would at least like it to be dramatically unmanageable and crazy at like BCL.

...and like lizardWife I have dreams of being a princess, a Scottish one in particular.

littlestarface
March 22nd, 2019, 11:26 PM
Princess hair....I want princess hair...I have always wanted princess hair!

Going to do my best to fulfill bitty!me's dream of princess hair, a princess dress, and a sword (yes, all of those together. They definitely go together.)

My hair is always so unmanageable and crazy. I would at least like it to be dramatically unmanageable and crazy at like BCL.

...and like lizardWife I have dreams of being a princess, a Scottish one in particular.

Are you guys like in the same house or something? Its the same lizard!

daisy rei
March 22nd, 2019, 11:40 PM
They could have a chameleon meet up! They could play together and be friends. :inlove:

littlestarface
March 22nd, 2019, 11:48 PM
They could have a chameleon meet up! They could play together and be friends. :inlove:

Lmao! Pictures of hair and lizards now that would be a first.

daisy rei
March 22nd, 2019, 11:56 PM
DBF just told me that chameleons are extremely solitary and would probably not enjoy meeting another lizard so scratch that idea. :rollin:

littlestarface
March 22nd, 2019, 11:59 PM
DBF just told me that chameleons are extremely solitary and would probably not enjoy meeting another lizard so scratch that idea. :rollin:

Ah man that would have been so cool tho loooooooooooooool.

Waveurly
March 23rd, 2019, 02:35 AM
I want long hair first of all because I just dislike the look of short hair on me. I think long hair suits me much better and it is also much more feminine. Before I used to have longer hair (not to LHC standards but it was about mid back length and growing longer) and I remember being very happy with it. Short hair on myself just makes me sad.
This time I'd love to grow it to longer lengths than I've ever had and because I've learned how to take better care of it, it will for sure work! Long hair is just very pretty on most women!

RottenMango
April 22nd, 2019, 12:33 PM
Simply because I find it beautiful and princess-like. :p

hinabelle
April 22nd, 2019, 01:17 PM
To reach my personal aesthetic goals of femininity and being closer with nature, plus a sprinkle of magical high fantasy! :flower:

Orihara
April 22nd, 2019, 04:57 PM
I can't do much with my hair in terms of dying it but still want fun hair! I've had long hair, then short, then now going for long again and maybe sticking here!

zmirina
April 22nd, 2019, 05:52 PM
To look like a princess

Starya
April 22nd, 2019, 06:05 PM
I had long hair for most of my life up until college. I'll admit I feel insecure without it.

mackensey
April 23rd, 2019, 04:12 AM
I feel it is easier to look effortlessly beautiful with longer hair. I had mid-back length most of my life, then cut it to chin length thinking it'd be so easy to handle. Now when I look back at old photos, I could just wear it naturally and it looked beautiful, but shorter hair needs to be styled to look good (on me anyway).

demonamay
March 31st, 2020, 07:38 PM
I think it looks so pretty and feminine. I think it adds a power to a woman that a girl with short hair can't possess. The way it flows and moves is very romantic.

0xalis
March 31st, 2020, 07:39 PM
I look better with a bun than a buzz cut. I just want something low maintenance and out of the way! Plus I've wanted long hair for a really long time, it's about time I just go for it.

SleepyTangles
April 1st, 2020, 01:30 AM
Beauty, pure and simple. It's beautiful, and I want it.

Same reason for which I cut it into a pixie one year ago, mind you ;). Beauty has many forms, now I just feel that long hair is the right form for me, now.

AutobotsAttack
April 1st, 2020, 05:45 AM
Reason why I want long hair? For the epic hang time of course!!! And for the swoosh-ability :)
Oh...and to also SILENCE everyone who constantly says relaxed hair can’t grow to super long lengths. Heck, just African American hair types in general.

unheardletters
April 1st, 2020, 06:14 AM
I want long hair so I can keep my hair out of my face. Bangs are not an option for me, I’ve tried Them many times and immediately regret it. My hair grows forward so bangs have to be very thick and I feel like I have a mullet at that point. Plus bangs are a lot of work for me on my whirly hair.

Lizabeth94
April 1st, 2020, 12:44 PM
I love the way long hair feels when it hangs down my back, and the way it moves back and forth when I move like water. I know that sounds weird. :crazyq:

It also gives me a place to vent my ocd, particularly with braiding, I like putting every hair in its place.

MorganleFay
April 1st, 2020, 08:17 PM
Its beautiful and I've never had hair longer than apl.

GoddesJourney
April 1st, 2020, 08:22 PM
I absolutely love my hair, especially when it's long.

Dark40
April 1st, 2020, 09:11 PM
Reason why I want long hair? For the epic hang time of course!!! And for the swoosh-ability :)
Oh...and to also SILENCE everyone who constantly says relaxed hair can’t grow to super long lengths. Heck, just African American hair types in general.

Amen to that!

victor_tinyduck
April 5th, 2020, 06:49 PM
I'm curious how long it can get. I think it looks really elegant and stunning to have really long hair. It's unusual and makes you stand out, but like in a subtle way (if that makes sense)

bokeh
April 5th, 2020, 08:34 PM
It might seem strange but I feel much more confident with long hair.

Bat
April 5th, 2020, 08:46 PM
I've seen all these pretty goth men with super long hair, and I want to be a Pretty goth man with long hair too! I got the goth thing down pretty well, pretty not so much and my hair is short D:< oneday I will be the goth man I always felt i was but never could be, cause hair dying,chopping addiction

floralgem
April 7th, 2020, 01:57 AM
Since I have wavy hair it gets easier to take care of the longer I have it. Plus I've always wanted to feel what having hair at classic length feels like!

Bellalla
April 7th, 2020, 04:56 AM
Short hair is way too much work.

Miss Thyme
April 7th, 2020, 12:47 PM
It makes me feel beautiful and feminine.

MissDelaney27
April 7th, 2020, 12:55 PM
I once cut my hair to shoulder length and I hated the way it turned out. It started waving in awkward directions. I wore it in a ponytail for months on end until it reached collarbone length. I feel much better now that it's at APL, but when I look at pictures from when it was BSL, I looooove how it looks on me. So it's purely for the aesthetics! It makes me feel a lot better :)

sonic_goose
April 7th, 2020, 04:02 PM
I think it's beautiful but also very unique. Honestly, I also want to wow people :p

BraidedBunch
April 8th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Headbanging. Metal. Those graceful windmills (if you're a metalhead you know what I'm talking about).
My motive is metal.

FrayedFire
April 8th, 2020, 02:47 PM
Because it makes me feel more like myself, somehow.

elise.autumn
April 8th, 2020, 04:39 PM
It makes me feel beautiful and feminine.

This.

Headbanging. Metal. Those graceful windmills (if you're a metalhead you know what I'm talking about).
My motive is metal.

And this. Yes I do know. :D

And I want to look as otherworldly/fantasy-inspired as I can. And be different from modern standards of beauty.

(Sorry, not one reason. I really love long hair.)

Stray_mind
April 8th, 2020, 10:25 PM
I realized mine is so i could put it up and wear beautiful hair toys. :D

Spikey
April 9th, 2020, 01:35 AM
Wow, you guys have such nice reasons. Mine is, uh.....:lol:

There was a girl at my elementary school with classic+ length hair (Tho classic is pretty short on little kids). Every day, she came to school with it braided in a high ponytail. It was super thick and heavy. And if she felt like it, she would bend down, start spinning it really fast like a propeller on a plane, and chase people. It was actually very painful to get hit with, or so I heard. I'd like to achieve that.

Miss Thyme
April 9th, 2020, 02:26 AM
Wow, you guys have such nice reasons. Mine is, uh.....:lol:

There was a girl at my elementary school with classic+ length hair (Tho classic is pretty short on little kids). Every day, she came to school with it braided in a high ponytail. It was super thick and heavy. And if she felt like it, she would bend down, start spinning it really fast like a propeller on a plane, and chase people. It was actually very painful to get hit with, or so I heard. I'd like to achieve that.
Attach a spiked ball at the end for optimal flail effectiveness :D
https://www.medievalcollectibles.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/ME-0123.png

NicoleLionne
April 9th, 2020, 02:51 AM
The main reason right now is that whenever I cut my hair short I am really annoyed by having hair in my face. But that's only a valid reason until I reach APL. I hope to get it at least to waist or beyond. So the real reason I want to grow it long, is because I love historical fashion and I would love to be able to get my hair up in those intricate braids and buns :).

erebus
April 9th, 2020, 10:47 AM
I don’t reflect much on these things honestly, however one reason would be that I strongly dislike putting product like hair gel in my hair, and you usually need some kind of product to style short male hair. Long hair let’s me keep it more natural and that’s something I treasure. Another, less serious reason is that I was curious if my hair would get lighter from the sun as I grew it out.

I had wanted to grow my hair for a long time before I finally did it (had shoulder length in high school but cut it after a muddy festival where I couldn’t wash it for a week). It took a friend of mine commenting that I should do it to push me over he edge and I’m glad she did. I’m a bit worried I’ll have to cut for work it after I finish grad school though, we’ll see.

Bri-Chan
April 9th, 2020, 02:12 PM
I'm not actually sure about the answer. I like long hair, but also, I like the "weirdness" of having longer hair then usual. I always had hair with something not usual, like the cut or the color and classic length hair is not something you can see everyday. But I also like the witchy look that long hair gives.

hanne jensen
April 10th, 2020, 11:06 AM
To be brutally honest, laziness. My long hair doesn't need washing more than once a week, it takes under a minute for me to smack it up in the morning and 5 minutes of detangling and braiding for the night. There are a few of my hairs brushing the top of my thigh.

LadyMikaelson
April 11th, 2020, 03:31 PM
It's so beautiful!
& I totally agree with FrayedFire.