PDA

View Full Version : Spirulina

Sparkles122
December 27th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Has anyone ever tried spirulina capsules? Are they worth taking? And no I’m not trying to grow hair faster, my hair already grows fast enough. Im trying to increase the quality of the new hair growing in, because well, my hair is damaged. Ive already upped my protein intake. Biotin makes me breakout so that is a definite no. Silica helps my nails and I think it has some small effect on my hair but I do think Silica dehydrates me. If anyone has ever taken spirulina capsules for a while did it have any effect?

MusicalSpoons
December 27th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Subscribing to this thread - I started taking spirulina tablets and a silica complex about a month ago, so half an inch regrowth isn't long enough to tell! (My diet isn't great right now as I'm only ever awake long enough for 2 meals a day at most, not 3 :-()

geenie
December 27th, 2018, 03:00 PM
I have been taking spirulina for years but for energy purposes. I haven't heard about it helping har quality/growth... but it is very good for you :)

Sparkles122
December 27th, 2018, 03:01 PM
I have been taking spirulina for years but for energy purposes. I haven't heard about it helping har quality/growth... but it is very good for you :)

How much do you take and are they capsules?

lapushka
December 27th, 2018, 05:09 PM
I used to, a bit later (don't know if it has anything to do with it, or not), I lost a big filling in one of my teeth.

blackgothicdoll
December 27th, 2018, 05:12 PM
I don't have anything on spirulina, but silica may dehydrate you because it is a diuretic. Make sure you drink lots and lots of water if you still do take it.

MusicalSpoons
December 28th, 2018, 10:23 AM
I don't have anything on spirulina, but silica may dehydrate you because it is a diuretic. Make sure you drink lots and lots of water if you still do take it.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll keep that in mind :)

Sparkles122
December 28th, 2018, 10:27 AM

Yes I think im going to stop the silicia, and just do the spirulina. The silica is ok, just dont like being dehydrated