PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for your hair in the summer?

hollygolightly
December 26th, 2018, 07:17 AM
I was looking for a thread like this and couldn't find one. Share your summer haircare routine! Mine is washing every 4-5 days or until my scalp feels too itchy, oiling with coconut oil before swimming, doing the loc method sometimes combining it with the baggy method and wearing my hair up on a cinnamon or nautilus bun

sophia_
December 26th, 2018, 09:21 AM
I wash daily year-round, really the only thing that changes in the summer is that I wear it fully up more often as opposed to braids and sometimes outside work in my yard and around my house is enough to do have to wash after that and do a second WO wash in the evening. I also take it easy on the heavy oiling in the summer, except I do find that I still need it every once in a while.

Cg
December 26th, 2018, 11:14 AM
The only difference in my routine is that I dry my hair outdoors in the baking sun and blasting wind. Yes, it tangles even though I'm careful, and no, it doesn't damage the ends unless I rip the tangles out.

CrowningGlory
December 26th, 2018, 12:43 PM
So great to see a thread on summer hair when I'm actually in summer! Although summer hair is easier for me than winter hair and come winter, I'll have to go searching six months back to find the relevant threads.

Summer, I tend to be on holidays over Christmas (I'm a teacher) so I actually wear my hair down more than at any other time of the year. Usually braids or sometimes a pony - the kind of styles I don't wear to work. I also take advantage of the sun for some deep treatments. I throw in conditioner before spending a day in the garden or a day at the beach. I tend to stick to washing every other day whereas in winter I wil sometimes stretch it an extra day. And I always seem to have a decent trim just before Christmas so that I can wear it out if I choose.

LittleOgre
December 26th, 2018, 01:06 PM
I was looking for a thread like this and couldn't find one. Share your summer haircare routine! Mine is washing every 4-5 days or until my scalp feels too itchy, oiling with coconut oil before swimming, doing the loc method sometimes combining it with the baggy method and wearing my hair up on a cinnamon or nautilus bun

Wgats the loc method

Ylva
December 26th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Wgats the loc method

It stands for liquid - oil - cream and means that you apply your leave-ins in that order post-wash. Liquid can be just water (from the wash), or a specific water-based leave-in product.

blackgothicdoll
December 26th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Last summer all I did was rinse every day with a conditioner that I was comfortable using on my scalp, and then heavily apply oil and gel. Not the best routine, but it was hot and I didn't know what else to do. I'm unsure of what I'll do this summer. I need to wet my scalp frequently in hot weather. Hopefully I'll figure something out...

shaluwm_agape
December 26th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Last summer it was up quite a bit but it wasn't at its healthiest and I really did not know what to do with it.
This summer water rinse everyday or every other, braids and buns, as hairsticks are my new fave hair accessories and oiling as needed. On really hot days I have a really cute sun hat I love to wear.

Xlena
December 26th, 2018, 06:29 PM
I oil my hair more often because I live in a very hot place so having 2-3 showers a day is quite common xd

Jo Ann
December 26th, 2018, 11:34 PM
Summer is when I use up my other shampoos. My winter routine is pretty steady with more moisturizing shampoos because the humidity is lower, but summer is when I feel I can use, say, a shampoo with coconut oil in it. I also do more DTs in summer, because the sun in Florida is so intense.

JohnaKlover
December 27th, 2018, 02:15 AM
I wear braids in summer. I wash my hair once in 4 days also.

Alibran
December 27th, 2018, 04:14 AM
Wash, leave in even more conditioner than usual, and damp bun. Generally every 2 or 3 days. It lives in a bun through summer.

lapushka
December 28th, 2018, 04:33 AM

I wash every week, just like in winter, year round actually. My routine is not different season to season. I used to not oil rinse in warmer temperatures, but since my ends got longer, they need the moisture so I have been doing this all year round. It's lovely.

My routine is in my signature. I WCC (wash, then condition or mask twice), and oil rinse in between the conditioners/masks, then do the LOC/LCO method to finish/style.

It works for me! :)