PDA

View Full Version : help!..

Cate36
December 25th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Hi All, I'm scared.. I've been wearing a shower cap a lot to keep my hair out my face and stop fiddling with it, but I have noticed at the back that my hair is parting into a parting that it hasn't done before.. can you tell me if this is a natural parting, or is my hair thinning! Help.. I'm scared.. I can brush my hair over it so it disappears.. but... I'm scared..

http://tinypic.com/m/k9za1e/1

Jo Ann
December 25th, 2018, 04:20 PM
It looks like you just took it down from a hairstyle to me, Cate.

Try using something besides a shower cap and see what happens.

-Fern
December 25th, 2018, 04:33 PM
It's very unlikely that you're losing hair, if that's what you're afraid of. If your hair stays in one position for a long time, it'll start to stay like that.

I used to part my hair down the middle, and when I got a buzz cut, you could see the part line for a good week or more! :laugh: Just switch things up (braid it before you put it in a cap, etc.) and it should be fine.

Cate36
December 25th, 2018, 04:38 PM
It's very unlikely that you're losing hair, if that's what you're afraid of. If your hair stays in one position for a long time, it'll start to stay like that.

I used to part my hair down the middle, and when I got a buzz cut, you could see the part line for a good week or more! :laugh: Just switch things up (braid it before you put it in a cap, etc.) and it should be fine.

I hope you're right.. I've never had a parting like that before.. and it's scaring me a little.. I'm worried I'm losing hair..

Crystawni
December 25th, 2018, 05:13 PM
The part is a continuation of the top parting, with no discernible increase in width. Hair has to fall somehow (length drags it all over the place, too), and is maybe feeling a little weighed down or lank at the moment. Don't fret--the follicles know what they're doing.

cjk
December 25th, 2018, 05:18 PM
My part is moving and shifting as my hair gains length and texture. Yours is probably doing something similar.

A part is just a splitting of the hair, it laying in different directions. Thinning is different.

Is hair missing?

Cate36
December 25th, 2018, 05:50 PM
My part is moving and shifting as my hair gains length and texture. Yours is probably doing something similar.

A part is just a splitting of the hair, it laying in different directions. Thinning is different.

Is hair missing?

I honestly don't know..some days my hair feels better, other days I notice things like this and feel it and it feels SO thin... I'm scared that it is getting worst.. my hair never use to part like that.. not at the beginning of the year or even a few months ago.. so that's why I am concerned.. I do have some oils on it at the moment so it is lank feeling.. I just don't know if I am being obsessive over it..

Ylva
December 25th, 2018, 05:56 PM
I just don't know if I am being obsessive over it..

In my opinion, you most definitely are.

Your hair looks great and healthy! I just see a twisted part like the hair has been sitting in a different position for an extended period of time. Nothing concerning.

FennFire911
December 25th, 2018, 07:23 PM
My hair does this, I think it’s called hair cleavage?
This is just a split where your hair changes and grows in different directions. It’s seeming more pronounced to you because of wearing the shower cap. This is exactly what my hair looks like if I sleep with a night cap on.

akurah
December 25th, 2018, 08:47 PM
It's hair cleavage like FennFire911 states. Hair loss typically looks different than that in my experience. If you're really worried about it, measure your circumference periodically, from the same spot on your head. Don't measure more than once a month, you'll drive yourself insane plus any hair loss that goes so fast that once a month measures wouldn't catch would be ridiculously obvious anyway.

Olux
December 25th, 2018, 09:25 PM
Somebody took a picture of me from an angle i could see a parting spot just like yours and i freaked out, idk for how long it did look like that, i just notticed it then. Since then, years have happened and its still the same, not worst. Depending on the day i can notice it a lot or sometimes (when hair is clean and fluffy) i can barely see it.

ExpectoPatronum
December 25th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Like others have said, it looks like a natural parting in your hair. There's no need to worry :flower:

lithostoic
December 25th, 2018, 10:34 PM
Your hair has to part somewhere. The longer it gets the harder it is to avoid.

Cate36
December 25th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Thanks everyone.. so grateful for your replies.. today has been hard because I do worry it is getting worst (thinner) and it sends me into a panic.. but your replies have helped a lot.. Xo