PDA

View Full Version : What's your hair regimen?

LittleOgre
December 22nd, 2018, 08:07 AM
I'm looking for new things to try. What I found what worked for me so far is every week. I'll apply a treatment to my scalp then wash it out with clarifying shampoo that I manually add peppermint essential oil with. Then after I rinse and my hair is soaking wet or damp I will add a tablespoon amount of oil. I'm still experimenting with oils but coconut oil is a definite no no. My hair soaks up oil very easily even though supposedly I have low porosity hair. Throughout the week I'll add around a teaspoon of hair growth oil to my scalp when dry. Since I wet my hair everyday I always apply a tablespoon of oil everytime I wet my hair. My hair isn't greasy at all. A slight grease on purpose but it soaks up oil so easily. I'm doubting I'm even low porosity... Would any of you try the oil thing?

Ylva
December 22nd, 2018, 08:09 AM
There's this thread popping around: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=147233

Maybe you can find some ideas there as well.

Dark40
December 25th, 2018, 03:17 PM
My hair regimen is washing it three times a week with shampoo or conditioner, and after every wash I spray a leave-in conditioner. I let it air dry up to 4 or 5 hours. Then, I apply a light oil and I blow-dry for only 5 minutes. About twice a week I also apply a deep conditioner or a deep conditioning mask. I do like experimenting with different oils.

zashin66
December 27th, 2018, 06:21 AM
I've started using my regular conditioner as a leave in conditioner on the least foot of my hair

lapushka
December 27th, 2018, 06:29 AM
I'm looking for new things to try. What I found what worked for me so far is every week. I'll apply a treatment to my scalp then wash it out with clarifying shampoo that I manually add peppermint essential oil with. Then after I rinse and my hair is soaking wet or damp I will add a tablespoon amount of oil. I'm still experimenting with oils but coconut oil is a definite no no. My hair soaks up oil very easily even though supposedly I have low porosity hair. Throughout the week I'll add around a teaspoon of hair growth oil to my scalp when dry. Since I wet my hair everyday I always apply a tablespoon of oil everytime I wet my hair. My hair isn't greasy at all. A slight grease on purpose but it soaks up oil so easily. I'm doubting I'm even low porosity... Would any of you try the oil thing?

I have oily/normal hair and wash weekly. I have "oil" enough of my own so I don't need to add oil to my scalp. Besides, I have SD, seborrheic dermatitis, so adding oil or anything else that moisturizes to my scalp is a big no-no.