PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used this?

Sparkles122
December 21st, 2018, 12:46 PM
So as I am growing out my hair, I do not want to put any demi or permanent dyes on it. I had a bleach highlight accident a little while back which I covered 1 time with a dark demi permanent. It hasnt faded too much, but, because its over bleach is HAS faded. I want to use something that will not disturb my natural regrowth but will also not damage my hair any further. Has anyone used this product? The color I am specifically looking at is number 21 plush brown

https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/hair-color/temporary-hair-color/true-steel-temporary-color-rinse/SBS-700341.html

Sparkles122
December 21st, 2018, 12:51 PM
https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/hair-color/semi-and-demi-hair-color/semi-permanent-moisturizing-hair-color/CLAIRL15.html?list=Search_Results#q=Semi+permanent +&start=1

Here is another one. Has anyone tried this one? If I did I would probably get the medium ash brown. Any thoughts?

browntatis
December 21st, 2018, 01:31 PM
So as I am growing out my hair, I do not want to put any demi or permanent dyes on it. I had a bleach highlight accident a little while back which I covered 1 time with a dark demi permanent. It hasnt faded too much, but, because its over bleach is HAS faded. I want to use something that will not disturb my natural regrowth but will also not damage my hair any further. Has anyone used this product? The color I am specifically looking at is number 21 plush brown

https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/hair-color/temporary-hair-color/true-steel-temporary-color-rinse/SBS-700341.html

I have used the Fanci full before, and it revives the color, but its gone once you wash your hair, with only one wash.

What I can recomend is to use Protein Filler on your bleached hair for 20 minutes and then apply a semi permanent hair dye in top of the filler. That way the semi permanet will not fade at all.
You can find the protein filler at Sallys.

Sparkles122
December 21st, 2018, 01:32 PM
I have used the Fanci full before, and it revives the color, but its gone once you wash your hair, with only one wash.

What I can recomend is to use Protein Filler on your bleached hair for 20 minutes and then apply a semi permanent hair dye in top of the filler. That way the semi permanet will not fade at all.
You can find the protein filler at Sallys.

What is a protein filler?

browntatis
December 21st, 2018, 01:44 PM
What is a protein filler?

Is liquid, you apply it over clean, towel dried hair, let it sit for 20-30 minutes and it equalizes the hair porosity (bleached hair is normally porous, reason why it doesn't take well color)
After the 20-30 you dry your hair, apply the dye and it works for even color absorption and development and repairs previously damaged protein bonds. your hair will take it evenly and it will last longer .

https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/hair-color/color-additives-and-fillers/neutral-protein-filler-1.2-oz./SBS-636100.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&scid=scplpSBS-636100&sc_intid=SBS-636100&utm_content=SBS-636100&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiAu_LgBRBdEiwAkovNsEFOEabSy7tLrNZ2qGaH Cdl9rZZyK1eVLTT1W5dh3ewLKrC9CkBUChoC-2wQAvD_BwE

lapushka
December 21st, 2018, 03:40 PM
If you no longer want to dye, you don't want to be messing with dyes of any kind.

Just leave it alone. Do you have a picture of your hair; maybe it's not as bad as you think it is!

LittleOgre
December 21st, 2018, 06:55 PM
Have you ever thought of just trying henna and indigo? Thats a natural dye that is healthy and will strengthen your hair.

Sparkles122
December 21st, 2018, 07:10 PM
Have you ever thought of just trying henna and indigo? Thats a natural dye that is healthy and will strengthen your hair.

Yes I have, I would really like to do that however, underneath the brown demi permanent, there is bleach. I am unsure how it will react even though the bleach is covered. My luck I wont mix it right and my hair will end up black, nothing against black hair, but I am a fair blue eyed person and that wouldnt suit me

Dark40
December 21st, 2018, 07:31 PM
I've also use Fanci Temporary Dye before too, and it will wash out after every shampoo. It does revive or refresh the color though.

LittleOgre
December 21st, 2018, 08:01 PM
What color are you asking for?

Sparkles122
December 21st, 2018, 08:09 PM
What color are you asking for?

Medium brown

Kalamazoo
December 21st, 2018, 08:16 PM
I think you ought to try some Ayurvedic herbs. I like Kalpi Tone, by Hesh.

Sparkles122
December 21st, 2018, 08:31 PM
I think you ought to try some Ayurvedic herbs. I like Kalpi Tone, by Hesh.

Where do I get that?

Kalamazoo
December 21st, 2018, 08:34 PM
I bought it at the Indo-Pakistani grocery store next-door to my apartment. I found it on eBay today, too.

Ylva
December 21st, 2018, 09:57 PM
What about coffee rinses?

Sparkles122
December 21st, 2018, 10:34 PM
What about coffee rinses?

Just straight coffee? That sounds like a good idea! That wouldnt give me any reddish tones right?

Hopeful65
December 22nd, 2018, 02:54 AM
I use Fanciful and won't go without it. I started using it when I was growing out my bleach and dye damage. My natural hair was brown, but now mostly lots of white hairs. I use the color Sweet Cream which is the lightest of the blonde colors. It blends my white hairs making them look like blonde highlights. I get lots of compliments.
Anyway, Fanciful is great in my opinion. Zero damage. And I like the fact that it washes right out. It's sort of like a tinted leave in conditioner. I always watch for when it's on sale at Sally's and stock up.

Ylva
December 22nd, 2018, 09:43 AM
Just straight coffee? That sounds like a good idea! That wouldnt give me any reddish tones right?

Sorry, I have no idea about any further details. Someone who knows more about it has to chime in. :)