PDA

View Full Version : Conair BBB

BlndeInDisguise
March 22nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Has anybody used this BBB? If so, it is good or bad or just "okay"? http://mp.hairboutique.com/_images/products/conair_brush_95119_350.jpg

If you've used it and don't like it, what would you recommend--preferably not something that costs an arm and a leg. ;)

akurah
March 22nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
It's mediocre at best. It won't hurt your hair, but I don't see any benefit and I threw my conair BBB out some time ago.

I'd recommend going to Sally's or a beauty supply store and poking at the brushes with your fingers. Stiffer is better for most people.

SHADOWSCODE46
March 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
I personally recommend it. I have 2 boar bristle brushes; this one and one from Sephora.

This one is REALLY gentle. I can use in to smooth my hair back. Running it under warm or hot water softens the bristles even more. It's great for smoothing fly aways or frizzies when hair is pulled back, but it isn't efficient enough to brush through the length of the hair. It isn't firm enough for that.

sweetkandi
March 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
That one looks pretty nice, I might want to try it out

squiggyflop
March 22nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
i had one like that... it caused massive static... i went to sallys and bought a double sided bbb (one side ffirm one side extra soft) the base was made of wood and ive never had any static from it... it cost me a whole 3$

angelthadiva
March 22nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
I have a conair BBB, not the one you showed, but a different style...It was my first BBB (and well only one at the moment) and I like you didn't want to invest a whole lot on something that I might not like...And, it's not like they :D at you in the store if you try to "test it out first"...I like mine...I use it to distribute oils and to help slick back my hair when I do updos...This brush replaced my nylon, static causing brush.

Elleyena
March 22nd, 2008, 09:55 PM
I've got a wooden Conair, and I love it. I actually got it from my mom because she didn't like it in her hair. Come to think of it...she didn't like the other BBB she had so I got that one too! :shrug: Sometimes it gives static, but it's good for spreading the oil. I'm very happy with it

CurlyOne
March 22nd, 2008, 11:01 PM
I have that brush, I like it I guess. I have never had any other BBB so I don't really know what to compare it too. I really want to find one that has really densely packed bristles I would think something like that would help move the oils around better. Am I wrong?

yogachic
March 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
I have this bbb and its the only one I have ever had or tried. I like it, it does the job for me and my kids. My hair is half natural/half permed hair. The bottom permed half gets frizzy from using it, but it makes my top natural hair, super shiny and soft. I think I will like it when my hair is all natural.