PDA

View Full Version : More help needed as usual

Sparkles122
December 16th, 2018, 12:44 PM
So as my hair grows out more and more, my roots get greasier and greasier. When I had my 100% natural hair (with no demi permanents or anything on it at all) a couple years back, I was washing it almost every day. Here is my problem as many of you probably already know, I have bleach damage at the crown of my hair, so it is almost impossible for me to wash my hair everyday. But the more and more my natural grows, the more and more it wants me to wash it everyday. I only have about an inch of regrowth now, but I know it will just keep getting greasier from here. Right now I am washing every other day, and the hair on my crown hates me for it but my roots and scalp are semi happy, but probably wont be for much longer as I just washed it yesterday and I just noticed a couple of very small flakes and a very slight itch. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

lithostoic
December 16th, 2018, 12:51 PM
You could try cwc

cjk
December 16th, 2018, 02:16 PM
My hair always gets greasy about 2 days after I wash it. Which is why I so seldom wash it. I do water only most of the time, and conditioner about once a week. Hot water cleanses my scalp and wrangles the oils.

lapushka
December 16th, 2018, 02:52 PM
I would go with a wash when you need it and super conditioning treatments after you shampoo; that should be good.

mwallingford
December 16th, 2018, 03:04 PM
How about scalp only washes? Then you could target specific areas and you would spare your length from getting too dried out

Ylva
December 16th, 2018, 03:27 PM
I also suggest scalp only washes (keeping the length and ends dry), or that you do a really heavy pre-poo or then wash your roots and scalp only, letting the suds run through the rest, and then conditioning as usual, if you aren't already doing that.

Arciela
December 16th, 2018, 03:28 PM
My hair was like that for a while..greasy roots and dry ends! What fixed it for me was using head and shoulders on my scalp only..and then using two conditioners after. Like I'd use one conditioner..leave it on for a few minutes, rinse..then use another one, but with the last conditioner I'd leave most of it in. That made a huge difference for me. :flower:
'

Sparkles122
December 16th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Right now it is so hard to shampoo just my roots without getting some or most of the crown. That is how close the damage is to the top of my head. I suppose as my hair grows it will get easier and easier for me to avoid the damaged area, but right now its hard

Cate36
December 16th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Have you tried bathing your hair in olaplex over night prior to washing..? I think that would assist with the damage or potential damage from shampooing..

Sparkles122
December 16th, 2018, 05:51 PM
Have you tried bathing your hair in olaplex over night prior to washing..? I think that would assist with the damage or potential damage from shampooing..

I havent, maybe I should try olaplex

Ylva
December 16th, 2018, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't use Olaplex for the purpose of preventing "shampoo damage". The best remedy against that in my opinion is pre-poo with oil or conditioner or something like that, whatever you prefer. Olaplex is good for bleach damage, though.

Sparkles122
December 16th, 2018, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't use Olaplex for the purpose of preventing "shampoo damage". The best remedy against that in my opinion is pre-poo with oil or conditioner or something like that, whatever you prefer. Olaplex is good for bleach damage, though.

The reason my hair is damaged it because of bleach. Although now that I think of it, olaplex was used with the bleach. So would my hair now be too damaged for olaplex to even do anything?

Ylva
December 16th, 2018, 07:20 PM
The reason my hair is damaged it because of bleach. Although now that I think of it, olaplex was used with the bleach. So would my hair now be too damaged for olaplex to even do anything?

It would still improve the condition of your hair. Of course, it can't safe completely mushy, bleached to death hair.

enting
December 16th, 2018, 11:47 PM
I think someone around the forum mentioned that applying aloe vera gel overnight made their hair less greasy in the morning and they were able to delay washing for another day.

However, if you are getting flakes and itchiness I'd probably stick with washing to make your scalp happy and use the things mentioned upthread to help with the damaged hair.

Jo Ann
December 17th, 2018, 12:04 AM
Maybe a non-SLS/SLES shampoo will work for you? That should get your scalp clean and won't strip the oils from your hair; use a SLS/SLES shampoo once a week or as needed to give your scalp and hair a more thorough cleansing.

When I'm following a non-SLS/SLES shampoo routine, I find using a shampoo with SLS/SLES once a month or every other month (about every 3-6 washes) does me fine, but I wash my hair weekly.

One word of caution, though: non-SLS/SLES shampoos generally foam, rather than lather--that takes some getting used to.

leayellena
December 17th, 2018, 12:21 AM
oily scalp can also be genetic or because of humidity. my hair gets oily after 6 hours to 2days. luckily long hair in a buns hides the oiliness a bit.