PDA

View Full Version : Keratin Mask.. advertised on my facebook feed! Should I try? Or Steer clear?

Cate36
December 13th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Hi All,

I clicked on an add on FB showing beautiful women in a video with excessively shiny hair, and some good reviews in the comments advertising an at home Keratin Mask...

It took me to this website.. https://happykeratinstore.com/?fbclid=IwAR2GdMZ0WKWfYITFifurvroesEmFtRAcXrX9sMAf 8TyuCgemK0An_AmyyW0

The mask is not too expensive.. and the results look amazing...

These are the ingredients...

Water, amino acids, hydrolyzed wheat protein, hyaluronic acid, glutamic acid. Cetearyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, stearamide propyl dimethylamine, dioctyl carbonate, panthenol, citric acid, flavor

What do you think?

akurah
December 13th, 2018, 05:34 PM
It looks like the ingredients of a conditioner to me. I didn't click the link so I don't know if what it is promising is outlandish or not (on the phone posting this right now) but it certainly looks like it could condition your hair.

If your hair is adversely sensitive to protein though, I'd steer clear.

MusicalSpoons
December 13th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Based on that ingredients list alone, I think that's a lot of protein and if you do try it, make sure to follow up with a very moisturising conditioner - otherwise you'll no doubt find your hair feeling dry and brittle, and breaking off. (Also, flavour? In a hair product? :confused: <- actually that made me go and have a look at the website, they mean fragrance.) And after looking at the website ... I see a lot of these sensationalist websites that look like they've been thrown together in a rush. Their vague descriptions of the ingredients sounds alarm bells for me, and the fact they couldn't manage to type it all out correctly - I mean, it's basic copying from the image, how can it go wrong?

I'm skeptical. I doubt it would do much harm, but I couldn't possibly predict how much good it would do. You might be better off putting the money towards a tried and proven good protein treatment or deep conditioner.

By the way, you really, really cannot trust the reviews for this kind of thing!! They could well have just stolen pictures from the internet and written their own things; there is likely no way to verify them.

Edit: okay, well the image "Tessie S." posted came from a business blog post 4yrs ago: https://jonathanandgeorgeblog-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/jonathanandgeorgeblog.com/2015/01/13/sleek-vanilla-blonde/amp/ I don't think "Tessie S." posted a photo of real results from using the kit twice :rolleyes:
You can try a Google image search for other images and see where they came from, too!

Ylva
December 13th, 2018, 05:44 PM
They probably took some cheap conditioner as base, smacked a couple of their own ingredients in it and doubled the price tag. And I seriously doubt that any of the photos have anything at all to do with the product.

Flavour, yum, I'm off to eat my hair masks now!

Cate36
December 13th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Thank you everyone! That really helps!!!! Steering clear :)