PDA

View Full Version : Gratitude for this forum thread...

Cate36
December 11th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Hi Everyone :)

I for one am SO glad I found this forum!! So this is a gratitude thread!

On this whole journey of hair damage/thinning etc, I have really struggled to find anyone (i.e. "professionals") who know what they are talking about when it comes to hair care.

I've tried trichologists, hair loss "experts" and many many very expensive hairdressers.

One very expensive salon in the city.. champaign on arrival etc.. put me in front of a 20 something year old (no offence to 20 year olds.. but decades of experience is rare in 20 year olds) who looked at my hair.. some old photos of what it was like before the damage.. and explained "Oh My God! There's NOTHING we can do...!!" and after consulting with one of the more experienced members of the salon... came back and said "X suggests conditioning before you shampoo!".. wow.. thanks..

I tried a range of Trichologists who don't do anything for damaged hair, but just treat hair loss. I finally contacted one who had videos on youtube warning against Keratin treatments.. who told me to use OWAY products.. I've yet to try them, but have ordered.

I went to a hair loss expert who persuaded me to purchase a low level laser unit..and gave me a "potion" to rub on my head. Actually that is working very well for the hair growth on my scalp! I didn't use the potion because I am wary of chemicals.. but the laser unit is good and I am using other hair growth vitamin potions..But obviously..he is in the business of selling.. anyway, he suggested coconut oil.. and the hairdressers he had there for his male customers who have hair pieces fitted, had no clue what to do for the damage.

Anyway.. a couple of very experienced hairdressers who have been in the business of women's hair dressing for decades, have a waiting list of clients, and know just about every product out there, have helped a lot .... but the long and short is thank the LORD for this forum.. a massive support, a wonderful community of people, and lovely encouraging atmosphere for those of us that feel we're the only ones out there struggling.. and have no where else to go for emotional support.....

Thank you everyone! Xoxoxoxoxox

lapushka
December 11th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Have you checked out Nightshade's article on recovering from damaged hair? No need for fancy hairdressers or massive expenditures. Just that article and what to do.

We try to be helpful! :) :flower:

Cate36
December 11th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Have you checked out Nightshade's article on recovering from damaged hair? No need for fancy hairdressers or massive expenditures. Just that article and what to do.

So grateful - Beautiful people XX

aethyra
December 11th, 2018, 06:09 PM
I really love it here too!! :grouphug: And Cate, I always read your threads. The subject matter is always interesting and the helpful advice/input from the Goddesses of the Tresses that post here is beyond measure!!

VenusianMane
December 11th, 2018, 06:13 PM

Where do I find this articles section? :hmm:

leayellena
December 12th, 2018, 01:27 AM
I love the LHC challenges

lapushka
December 12th, 2018, 03:25 AM
Where do I find this articles section? :hmm:

I think it's linked up above, but the article is linked in Nightshade's signature as well, I believe. I hope she chimes in here.

Cate36
December 12th, 2018, 03:35 AM
I think it's linked up above, but the article is linked in Nightshade's signature as well, I believe. I hope she chimes in here.

You can find it in the "repairing damaged hair" thread.. I'll see if I can fish it out..

Milady_DeWinter
December 12th, 2018, 04:16 AM
There is also an entire book about damaged hair (https://www.etsy.com/listing/150649636/ebook-rehabilitating-damaged-hair?ref=shop_home_active_3) that Nightshade wrote, I bought it months agoand it's fantastic! If you liked her article, I'd highly recommend it to you, esp if you have an e-book or tablet :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 12th, 2018, 04:55 AM
I like the LHC very much, also - they have such great support and good advice!