PDA

View Full Version : Clear Henna Wax

Cate36
December 10th, 2018, 02:55 PM
I so miss the thickness that Henna gave me when I died my hair, that I started googling around for colourless henna products and came across this https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/68829/ultra-organics-clear-henna-wax-500g

Ultra Oranics Clear Henna Wax.

I've had a tub for a while - purchased just after I put henna on my hair, but as time progressed, I never used it because all I wanted to do was get the henna out of my hair and I just didn't trust anything that had henna in it..

Anyway.. I read that some people use it as a leave in conditioner (after washing) and also as a spray (mixed with water) to revive hair. I tried it.. and WOW.. it's really great.. lovely soft hair.. not weighed down.. good definition with curls.. anyone else tried it?

MusicalSpoons
December 10th, 2018, 03:08 PM
I found this ingredients list; is it the same as on your tub?

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl alcohol, Stearalkonioum Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Lawsonia inermis (henna) Leaf Powder, Polyquaternium-7, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Chitosan, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone.

Sounds like a decent conditioner! I've never heard of chitosan in cosmetics though, interesting.

Cate36
December 10th, 2018, 03:48 PM
I found this ingredients list; is it the same as on your tub?

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl alcohol, Stearalkonioum Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Lawsonia inermis (henna) Leaf Powder, Polyquaternium-7, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Chitosan, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone.

Sounds like a decent conditioner! I've never heard of chitosan in cosmetics though, interesting.

Yes looks like it... read the reviews on that website.. they are all accurate to my experience.. it seems too cheap.. the packaging looks pretty ordinary... but it's beautiful! Even last night.. I put a heap (well rubbed my hands in it and smoothed it on quite liberally) on my dry hair before going to bed.. thinking I would wake up with a sticky mass.. I didn't.. I woke up with tangle free soft hair that had defined curls.. after washing this morning.. I put it on my wet hair and dried.. no heaviness at all.. all soft..

lapushka
December 10th, 2018, 04:11 PM
I have a mask that is called "Henna Cure&Care". It has long been discontinued but it states that it contains "henna (non colouring)"; and that bit is important, the non coloring part.

Does it state that anywhere on the wax? If not, I would be careful!

MusicalSpoons
December 10th, 2018, 04:18 PM
lapushka you'd hope with them marketing it as 'clear' that it wouldn't colour the hair :wink: in all seriousness, many of the reviews I saw (while I was in pursuit of the ingredients) were from people with bleached blonde hair so if it does stain, it evidently doesn't do it noticeably :)

EDIT: it does occur to me though that it's a bit of a tricky thing - to market something as 'henna' with the implication that it's the henna giving the benefits, when there can't be that much in there for it to be non-colouring. I wonder if/how non-colouring henna is possible; which part of the plant is isolated and whether there is still any benefit, just not the usual lawsone-bonding-with-keratin-strengthening benefit :hmm: with this particular conditioner it just sounds to me like a decent conditioner, regardless of any henna content :shrug:

lapushka
December 10th, 2018, 04:41 PM
lapushka you'd hope with them marketing it as 'clear' that it wouldn't colour the hair :wink: in all seriousness, many of the reviews I saw (while I was in pursuit of the ingredients) were from people with bleached blonde hair so if it does stain, it evidently doesn't do it noticeably :)

EDIT: it does occur to me though that it's a bit of a tricky thing - to market something as 'henna' with the implication that it's the henna giving the benefits, when there can't be that much in there for it to be non-colouring. I wonder if/how non-colouring henna is possible; which part of the plant is isolated and whether there is still any benefit, just not the usual lawsone-bonding-with-keratin-strengthening benefit :hmm: with this particular conditioner it just sounds to me like a decent conditioner, regardless of any henna content :shrug:

Well, I got *knots* in my hair from using it, literal can't get the hair separated knots, this without my HE Hello Hydration as a second conditioner, and I always reacted with dry brittle hair to henna, so I know it's doing *something*. I still have about 5/6 tubs of it left and I need to use it up, but for now I'm taking a little break from it. I can do without the knots for the time being!

Cate36
December 10th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Well I avoided it like the plague when I was trying to remove the henna, but after reading 100s of reviews that say it is non colouring (and it says that on the packaging) I feel more confident.. and it has not affected my current colour at all...

But just you telling me here to be careful gives shivers!

I did order an oil some time ago that claimed it had henna extract in it.. and never used it because I was paranoid.. Sheesh.. Henna.. so nice to your hair, but what a nightmare it was when I had it in my hair.. !

JessJess
December 10th, 2018, 07:17 PM
perfect thread i was actually curious to see if clear henna wax removed sebum build up or "clarifies" hair from all kinds of build up! if anyone has used this and it has done just that let me know! i love the smell of this stuff but havnt tried it yet! <3

Cate36
December 10th, 2018, 08:07 PM
perfect thread i was actually curious to see if clear henna wax removed sebum build up or "clarifies" hair from all kinds of build up! if anyone has used this and it has done just that let me know! i love the smell of this stuff but havnt tried it yet! <3

Some of the advertising says it does..

"Ultraorganics Clear Henna Wax treatment is an intensive hair conditioner, specially formulated for dry, damaged and lifeless hair. This uniquely blended treatment washes away build up, leaving your hair feeling clean, supple and smooth. Contains clear Henna powder and panthenol for maximum moisture retention and shine without colouring your hair."

JessJess
December 10th, 2018, 08:57 PM
yes it does say that thankyou =) i always go by experiences and not by what the label says =)

Cate36
December 10th, 2018, 09:00 PM
yes it does say that thankyou =) i always go by experiences and not by what the label says =)

Well if it's any help, a lot of customer reviews across the web say that people are using it successfully as a co-wash...