PDA

View Full Version : I haven’t washed my hair for almost 11 days

amiraaah
December 9th, 2018, 11:28 AM
it’s my first time to not wash my hair for that long .last time i washed my hair was on thursday 29 nov.i wanted to try this challenge after seeing beautyklove a long haired girl on youtube tried it and her hair looked very oily.i’m shocked that my hair doesn’t look oily at all,maybe because i naturally have dry hair.and it doesn’t smell bad or anything(smells like sebum but not a strong smell at all).
https://i.postimg.cc/7Lk4F421/1-C6-B2045-2-A79-40-D3-BF90-95-AB8-EEFA542.jpg (https://postimg.cc/ts286LD7)upload image online (https://postimages.org/)
https://i.postimg.cc/9fQ2mpLz/C7-C9164-B-1-D91-4257-978-E-1496-B8781194.jpg (https://postimg.cc/21MMT4Rf)

cestlavie
December 9th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Your hair looks great! If you have dry hair it is very likely you don't have to wash your hair often and if your hair and scalp are happy under these circumstances then I would say you should continue this!

amiraaah
December 9th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Thank you so much :smooch:!i think i will have to wash my hair because i will hang out with a friend.that’s sad because i want to try going 20 days without washing my hair lol.

lapushka
December 10th, 2018, 06:27 AM
Your hair looks great! If you have dry hair it is very likely you don't have to wash your hair often and if your hair and scalp are happy under these circumstances then I would say you should continue this!

My mom is like that, dry scalp (no flakes), no sebum whatsoever either (which we can't figure out). She asked our family doctor (internist) at the time and he told her to wash as little as possible, and to adapt to her scalp's needs. She usually goes about a month. But more than a month as it is now. Sometimes even longer. It depends on the time she has.

Ju
December 11th, 2018, 04:07 PM
I'm trying to do an extra long gap between washes atm too! Only about three days in so far, but I love stretching washes as much as I can. In high school I would go up to two weeks without washing and my hair wouldn't get too bad. But I had much longer hair then and currently hovering just past shoulder length I am curious how it will go. Its probably more of a scalp thing than a length thing but I have no idea. The main reason I love diong it is I feel like after I finally get to wash it, it feels like its had a really really great deep conditioning treatment in, and it feels extra healthy. Might be placebo but who knows. I also don't love washing my hair, and having wet hair is probably my least favourite thing in the world, so there's that too.

Your hair is looking great, do you think you will do this more often?

Beautyklove might have a different experience because her hair is so naturally straight?

GrowlingCupcake
December 12th, 2018, 03:16 PM
I wish mine looked that good! I'm on day 10 now, and it's a limp, greasy rag.

samanthaa
December 12th, 2018, 03:22 PM
My hair doesn't smell, but it does start to get greasy around day 5, and I've been washing my hair once per week for well over a year now (and stretching for years prior to that). Yeah, it's all hair type. I'm pretty satisfied that my super fine, thin hair can be stretched to a week.

Your hair looks great for day 10.

amiraaah
December 12th, 2018, 07:30 PM
I'm trying to do an extra long gap between washes atm too! Only about three days in so far, but I love stretching washes as much as I can. In high school I would go up to two weeks without washing and my hair wouldn't get too bad. But I had much longer hair then and currently hovering just past shoulder length I am curious how it will go. Its probably more of a scalp thing than a length thing but I have no idea. The main reason I love diong it is I feel like after I finally get to wash it, it feels like its had a really really great deep conditioning treatment in, and it feels extra healthy. Might be placebo but who knows. I also don't love washing my hair, and having wet hair is probably my least favourite thing in the world, so there's that too.

Your hair is looking great, do you think you will do this more often?

Beautyklove might have a different experience because her hair is so naturally straight?

Thank you! I will do it more often because i wasn’t bothered at all by it.i washed my hair on day 12 and it felt good after washing it.i agree with you about the deep conditioning thing especially because i wash my hair with shampoo only and never use conditioners,leave ins,treatments...so washing it less often makes my hair produce oils to nourish it.i also hate wet hair so much.
Beautyklove had a very different experience.her hair looked literally dripping wet on day 9.

amiraaah
December 12th, 2018, 07:35 PM
I wish mine looked that good! I'm on day 10 now, and it's a limp, greasy rag.

Thank you!maybe try doing it slowly till your hair gets used to it.I used to wash my hair 3 times a week and my hair would feel greasy which is weird given that i used to wash it alot and shampoo three times to make sure that it’s clean enough.

amiraaah
December 12th, 2018, 07:37 PM
My hair doesn't smell, but it does start to get greasy around day 5, and I've been washing my hair once per week for well over a year now (and stretching for years prior to that). Yeah, it's all hair type. I'm pretty satisfied that my super fine, thin hair can be stretched to a week.

Your hair looks great for day 10.

Thank you! I agree it’s all about your hair type and it’s amazing that your fine hair can be stretched to a week.i don’t think that having thin hair makes it look more greasy because i have avarege ii hair and still my hair doesn’t get greasy.

Reservechic
December 12th, 2018, 10:19 PM
I have definitely gone stretches where I haven't washed my hair for 11 days and sometimes longer than that. Sometimes it's been due to sheer laziness, or sickness, or because I happen to live in an area that is prone to getting hit with tropical,weather (tropical depressions, tropical storms, and hurricanes), I have had to tackle being at the mercy of these storms, and not having clean water to use for quite a number of days as well as being without electricity for an extended period of time as well. Thank God, we do have a back up generator hooked up to our house that automatically kicks in whenever there is a power outage that takes place, but, then you still have to deal with not being able to use tap water at all, so we have to invest in bottled water, and plenty of it, and we have to strictly use that water for survival mode. So, during such times, I have to make due with my hair the best way that I possibly can.

However, in a normal,basis, I do try to wash my hair at least once a week (every 7 days), as I really can't go to much further than that, due to my scalp eczema. As, I had a grandmother that only ever used shampoo on her hair, never conditioner, didn't have a regular hair washing schedule that she went by, and would use any product in the house in her hair, including body or hand lotions, and her hair was floor length and stayed that way for a super long time, until she got very old, and her hair started to thin out due to old age, but even at the age of 99 when she died, her hair was at mid back length. After my grandmother got to a certain age, many years before she reached her 90s, she actually stopped having her hair washed anymore at all. She just had her haul styled daily and she was content with such. Her hair never stunk and she didn't have issues with her gobs of hair falling out either, because of such. She just kept things as simple as possible with her hair and stuck with doing her own thing.

My mother actually doesn't have a regular hair washing schedule that she goes by at all. There are months that go by, without my mother having her hair washed again, and her hair may experience some tangling as a resort, but, that's about it. Oh, and her hair doesn't get a weird smell to it or become matted either. Genetics may have a major part to play in such possibly or maybe having a super simple hair care routine is what happens to wire best for some peoples hair.

samanthaa
December 13th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Thank you! I agree it’s all about your hair type and it’s amazing that your fine hair can be stretched to a week.i don’t think that having thin hair makes it look more greasy because i have avarege ii hair and still my hair doesn’t get greasy.

I wonder if it might be texture too. You seem to have a lot of volume from your waves, whereas my hair sits flat against my head (easier for sebum to penetrate?).

lapushka
December 13th, 2018, 08:02 AM
My mom last washed (she just today checked her calendar) on October 22nd. Yes; she's just dry y'all. No flakes; just dry and no sebum to speak of. She will be washing next week, I think (due to upcoming festivities).

TatsuOni
December 13th, 2018, 08:31 AM
I wash my hair every other week to once a month. My scalp prefers it that way, since it's dry. And I also prefer it that way, since I'm lazy :p