PDA

View Full Version : ...I'm crawling back...

CherishedOne
November 4th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Well. I confess. I made a very, very big boo-boo. :-( My hair is now SHORT, and has been for the last month.

I almost hate it.

So, this is what I'm at now.
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/neverstolenapples/Photo1.jpg

That's my front, when my hair is dry.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/neverstolenapples/Photo2.jpg

That's the back, which has decided to stop being curly.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/neverstolenapples/Photo3.jpg

There it is, more fully dry and whatnot. Yikes, no? :)

I really miss my long hair, so I wanted to come back and say "Hi".

Amara
November 4th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I love the color and body. You've got a great place to start working from if you're going to grow it out! :)

Islandgrrl
November 4th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Oh my goodness! Your hair is adorable short! My hair at that length was positively embarrassing.

It looks like you're at a great place to start the journey back to long. And I agree with Amara, great color and texture! It's pretty!

spidermom
November 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Hi; I remember you. Your hair looks pretty; I'm sorry to hear that you almost hate it. I hope you find ways to enjoy it. There are advantages and fun things to do at every hair length.

SchnauzerMom
November 4th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Your hair looks very cute and shouldn't be difficult to grow out if that's what you want.

Vitalai
November 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I'm sorry that you don't like it much, but I think you look really cute with it. Your hair has great body and color to it.

plainjanegirl
November 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Very cute hair. The color is so pretty too. Please enjoy your hair.

Ohio Sky
November 4th, 2008, 11:53 AM
You have a beautiful face and your hair compliments it well at this length. :)
Don't be depressed over it, just enjoy it until it gets long again!

utdesertrunner
November 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I think it looks very cute on you! I agree to just enjoy every length along the way!

melphie
November 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
i agree with others that your hair is very cute! mine is about the same length right now and similarly curly, though mine is shorter in the back and has also stopped being curly in the back! (who knows why...)
i have gone through depressed feelings about my hair as well (i cut off about 12" 2 months ago). i am trying to just take what all in this thread have said to heart about enjoying it along the way - just think by spring we will be around shoulder length!
and by the way, bobby pins are your friends - if you aren't happy with how it looks, just pin it back - you can create the illusion (from the front at least) that you just have long hair pulled back (and without all of that weight tugging on your head!)

bella77
November 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM
we could almost be hair twins now, I think you look very cute and it'll grow out quickly, you'll see!!!

LutraLutra
November 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Your hair looks really pretty, and it looks like an easy style to grow with, so don't worry about it.

Mebo
November 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Welcome home. We love you regardless of length..... and you can just jump back in on the growing.

girlcat36
November 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM
You carry off that style very well, it'a super-cute on you!
You are young and I'm sure your hair grows quickly(mine did at that age!), it will be long again before you know it!

Golden21
November 4th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Are you planning to grow back out?

StephanieB
November 4th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Gee - CherishedOne, MY hair NEVER looked so good as yours, when it was that length. *green-eyed monster peeks out briefly*

I have baby-fine and thin hair, so mine always just hung there doing nothing much but looking rather bedraggled and awful. *stuffing monster back deep inside*

The color's pretty, and you've got great body!

Enjoy looking pretty now..... and, if you still want to do it later, just start grwoing it long again. :D

Lucky you! You look great even with your short hair that you don't like. *firmly shutting the door on the monster and locking it tightly*

rhodochrosite
November 4th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Your hair looks really nice on you. I think it would be lovely at any length. Good luck growing!

smilinjenn71
November 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Shoot, you have a beautiful face and can certainly carry that adorable cut! The good news is, if you want to let it grow out again, it will be fairly easy. At least you aren't trying to grow out from a pixie cut. (like me) :p

Sammybunny711
November 4th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I think your hair looks really cute at that length! My hair is almost exactly your length right now and I want long hair SOOOOO badly too! So I can totally empathize! I can't wait until my hair gets long!!!!!!!

Elphie
November 4th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I think that looks adorable! I'm sorry you don't like your hair right now.

Isilme
November 4th, 2008, 05:58 PM
actually, it looks very cute. You can grow it out anytime you want, until then, rock that awesome style!

Caldonia Sun
November 4th, 2008, 06:20 PM
You look so pretty; I hope you can enjoy your hair now and as it grows.

longhairedfairy
November 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Aw, It'll grow back. Anyway, it looks really cute on you! You have lovely eyes, btw:)

Friesiangirl
November 4th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I remember that length! Just take it in stride and remember you cut off damage, visible or not, and it's just a chance to start fresh(er)

Hayley :)

CherishedOne
November 4th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Oh. My. Word.

You guys are beyond awesome. :) Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm learning to live with it, but I am totally looking forward to more growth. I don't remember exactly (I'm sorry!) who said it, but SPRING, BABY! LET IT COME!

Seriously though, I went into minor shock when I saw that my little dinky post had 3 pages behind it. *yikes* Even though my hair doesn't grow that fast and I'm slightly depressed about it, all the encouragement just makes my [night]! :D

Rock on.

Aditi
November 4th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Heyy you have lovely hair color and it compliments you in every way. Don't be depressed you will regain your length again after sometime, till then enjoy your current hair length.

longhairedfairy
November 4th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I agree with Friesiangirl. Just think how nice your ends will be, especially if you baby your hair as it grows out again!:)

susiemw
November 5th, 2008, 01:00 AM
You look very cute with your short hair!
Love it while you've got it and the wonderful thing
about hair is.... it grows!! Then you can love
your hair long too.

You really look darling with that hair cut.

Wishing you a speedy growing out phase!

Susan

Debra83
November 5th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Just think of the advantage you have to start fresh!!! You don't have to have the tug of war about cutting of bad ends or leaving bad ends going on in your head!!! But, make sure to take care of those ends...otherwise you will end up like me - having to take them prisoner until I reach the desired length to chop them! Eat proteins, veggies and fruit, and especially take vitamins!! Good for everything, not just hair - our foods definitely don't have the nutrients that they used to even 20 years ago...Good luck, and keep us picture-posted!