PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity

Sparkles122
December 6th, 2018, 05:48 PM
How many different shampoos and conditioners do you own?

lithostoic
December 6th, 2018, 06:04 PM
2 shampoos one conditioner and a deep conditioner. My boyfriend uses one of the shampoos and we share the conditioner.

lapushka
December 6th, 2018, 06:06 PM

Hehehe. I'm not going to start telling you about my stash. You would fall over & die. LOL :lol:

I have over 100 products in my stash, conditioners, shampoos, stylers (curl creams, leave-ins), gels, serums, the lot. If not 200. I can do the project-use-it-up challenge for about 5 years to come!

lemonlollies
December 6th, 2018, 06:24 PM
4 conditioners, 3 shampoos and about 5 oils currently, and my collection is growing :)

spidermom
December 6th, 2018, 06:28 PM
1 shampoo, 2 conditioners, but one conditioner is put away in a cabinet and will only come out when the current conditioner has been used up. I usually have 2 shampoos, 1 for clarifying, 1 for regular use. I keep forgetting to buy a clarifying shampoo.

Obsidian
December 6th, 2018, 06:32 PM
7 shampoos, 9 conditioners, 2 leave ins, 2 serums and three detangling sprays.

littlestarface
December 6th, 2018, 07:03 PM
10 shampoos maybe a couple more and like 30 conditioners maybe more I cant really count them too many and in too many places around the house.

neko_kawaii
December 6th, 2018, 07:20 PM
I have my one shampoo and one conditioner, plus a pair that didn’t work out a few years ago and I have not tossed or rehomed because I’m lazy. My kid has a 2 in 1 and a leave in condish he doesn’t use because he doesn’t like the smell. We share a detangling spray we mostly forget to use.

Wendyclaire
December 6th, 2018, 07:30 PM
One shampoo and conditioner.

Julescarm
December 6th, 2018, 07:31 PM
10 shampoos maybe a couple more and like 30 conditioners maybe more I cant really count them too many and in too many places around the house.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to have shampoos and conditioner all over.

AmaryllisRed
December 6th, 2018, 07:43 PM
One of each.

littlestarface
December 6th, 2018, 08:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one to have shampoos and conditioner all over.
I'm glad i'm not the only one loooool.

blackgothicdoll
December 6th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Too many. I finally had the heart to toss some more (that were just horrible) but still.... still too many.

Jo Ann
December 6th, 2018, 11:30 PM
Eight (nine, if you count the small bottle of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid) shampoos
Twelve (including the almost dead bottle of HH in the shower) conditioners
Two serums
Three (including a jar of coconut oil that just won't die) oils
Seven deep treatments

And that's only because I took advantage of an employee Extra 15% Off Any One Purchase as a bonus when I did my Christmas shopping...and my space below the bathroom sink needs a shoehorn to fit everything in... :shocked:

Longlegs
December 7th, 2018, 01:24 AM
3 shampoos and conditioners. I'm working my way through them and plan to use less in the new year, I've just been experimenting with different brands.

MidnightMoon
December 7th, 2018, 03:06 AM
Two shampoos (didn't like one so I didn't finish it) and one conditioner.

gustavonut
December 7th, 2018, 04:34 AM
I have Herbal essence hello hydration shampoo, herbal essence the green one for clarifying, and a John Frieda brown shampoo.
Conditioners I have are Nivea for thick hair, generic Aldi conditioner, and a L’Oréal dream lengths leave in

Joules
December 7th, 2018, 05:41 AM
4 stronger shampoos
3 milder shampoos
6 cone-free conditioners/masks
6 coney conditioners/masks

I like hoarding hair stuff, but I don't like having more than a few months' worth of products :)

school of fish
December 7th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Just my daily shampoo & conditioner plus a clarifying shampoo & deep conditioner that I use monthly, that's all :)

Stray_mind
December 7th, 2018, 06:43 AM
2 shampoos (one is almost used up already) and one conditioner.

HaMalka
December 7th, 2018, 07:30 AM
2 shampoos, one clarifying and one not
1 conditioner

I own several bottles of each.

cestlavie
December 7th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Too many hehe. But I have 4 shampoos (2 low sulfate ones and 2 clarifying ones with sulfates) and a stash of dr organic argan oil conditioner (probably 5 bottles). Then I have 4 hair masks from le petit marseillais and 1 treatment mask from love planet and beauty.

maborosi
December 8th, 2018, 01:49 AM
1 shampoo, 1 cone-free conditioner, 1 regular conditioner, and...several deep-conditioning / protein conditioners.

Pacific
December 8th, 2018, 03:04 AM
I have too many. 21 Shampoos, 3 deep Treatments, 16 Conditioner and 1 Leave In.

iforgotmylogin
December 8th, 2018, 03:06 AM
1 of each

I often run out and take a week or 2 to remember to buy more, lol

#firstworlddudeproblems

ravenskey
December 8th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Three bottles of conditioner.

Alibran
December 8th, 2018, 11:17 AM
No shampoo, seven conditioners, I think.

MusicalSpoons
December 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Ha ... Um, too many!
13 shampoos, of which my scalp is happy with 2 :rolleyes: most of them are tried and failed, to be fair. I have back stock of 1 bottle of scalp-approved shampoo.

24 conditioners, because my hair is pretty happy with most silicone-free things, so on the rare occasion I get to go out I stock up on cheap conditioners to try.
Edit: you asked about different products - 14 different conditioners, but many of them are variations within the same line, so 8 actually different types of conditioner. 1 is a previous holy grail product, another 1 is the current HG. The rest, just to try :grin:

(I have a blog post (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=133541) with my full stash; I fully intend to use a significant amount up before I'm allowed to buy any more conditioner :lol:)

shaluwm_agape
December 8th, 2018, 11:39 AM
None... lol. Currently doing WO and sometimes an acv wash as for conditioner I use oil so I have a huge oil jar lol

Dark40
December 8th, 2018, 05:33 PM
I own 20 shampoos and 30 conditioners, 5 deep conditioners, 3 leave-in conditioners in my stash.

Ju
December 8th, 2018, 08:31 PM
My gosh, there were definitely times when I had like 10 conditioners and like 5 shampoos and every oil and cream money could buy, but over the years have given unused/lightly used ones away and simplified and downsized to just one conditioner, one shampoo and two hair masks (plus still a tonne of oils because I use them to make oil treatments) now that I am really sure about what my hair prefers and what works for me. I'm glad I tried out all those others though because it meant I was able to find the best routine for me and now my hair is finally manageable after years of using products that were NOT made for my hair hahah.

Hairkay
December 9th, 2018, 01:51 PM
None, I do Water rinses (WO) and some DIY stuff, that's it.

Knightly
December 9th, 2018, 01:56 PM
I really can't believe you guys use more than 3 different products haha. I barely use 2 shampoos and a single condotioner.

tealeafdancer
December 9th, 2018, 02:21 PM
I'm a minimalist, really. I love Aussie conditioners though, I have one right now, some sort of 'Nourishing' one with eucalyptus, not sure of the name and too lazy to go check.

That said, I wish I could just do WO, I tried and failed horribly with my scalp just going berserk. I have psoriasis of the scalp and I need to use shampoos - from time to time even harsh medicated shampoos to get rid of irritation and stuff. If I could, I'd have zero products, but as it stands, I need some.

Natalia_A00
December 9th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Currently 2 shampoos I think, 2 conditioners, 3 hair masks
I want more hair masks! Maybe I'm a consumerist but I love buying hair products

enting
December 9th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Our shower contains 4 shampoos and 2 conditioners, but one of each of those were brought over by a friend for guest use. I do occasionally steal a bit of them, but I wouldn't have bought them nor will I replace them. I also sometimes use body soap as shampoo, and I have a bottle of vinegar rinse also. If I weren't trying to experiment and find "the perfect" s&c I would only have one shampoo and a bottle of vinegar rinse, that's it.

hannabiss
December 9th, 2018, 07:51 PM
2...but honestly I just get whatever from Dollar Tree. It completely random

sillyme
December 16th, 2018, 08:14 PM

3 shampoos 2 conditioners All Suave Essentials (Naturals)

yahirwaO.o
December 16th, 2018, 08:54 PM
None, I do Water rinses (WO) and some DIY stuff, that's it.

I wish i could do this!

In reality im quite simple to, 1 supercheap coney shampoo (yeah my scalp likes it) and zero conditioner, oils do better for me !!! :p

Arciela
December 16th, 2018, 09:46 PM
3 Shampoos, 7 conditioners, 2 cowashes, 2 deep treatments, 5 leave ins, 2 gels, that's everything :D

I guess my list isn't that bad after all. I've been doing use up your stash challenge too XD I'd like to get it down to just one or two of each!

Jo Ann
December 16th, 2018, 11:18 PM
I really can't believe you guys use more than 3 different products haha. I barely use 2 shampoos and a single condotioner.

TBH, I just *ahem!* relocated some of a prior stash, just purchased supplies for the next year and will be using up some of my pre-LHC shampoos and conditioners when I posted my current stash. I also use semi-permanent hair dye (Manic Panic, to be precise) and have some really harsh shampoos (like Prell, Head & Shoulders, Suave Daily Clarifying and Dawn Dishwashing Soap) I use to force the fading of a hair dye when I'm tired of it and want to change to another color. I also have conditioners (Suave Coconut, a knock-off of Biolage Conditioning Balm and one other conditioner) that I use to "pastelize" or otherwise stretch a jar of hair dye to cover the 2/3 of my hair I have bleached so I can wear colors like lilac, rose and blue. I also have more moisture-intensive hair conditioners to use when my hair is feeling like wet cardboard, especially when I'm force-fading my hair color.

I see more entries in the "Use Up Your Stash Challenge (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=50735)!" in my future... :p

Curlyeve
December 17th, 2018, 12:47 AM
I have one clarifying shampoo, one sulphate free shampoo, one conditioner, three deep conditioners, one leave in conditioner, two serums, one curl cream and two gels. I guess that's not too bad :applause

Angsthase
December 17th, 2018, 07:10 AM
Only 1; I use the unscented Seventh Generation dish soap as my shampoo. It works lovely with my hair and I'm greatful it's so low maintenance haha. Never been able to use conditioners for long as they make my hair too greasy. Been shampoo-only for probably 5 years now.

Garnetgem
December 17th, 2018, 08:40 AM
My last count was 56 shampoo bottles i need to do a recount of my conditioners but its quite a stash possibly 30 at least...

vampyyri
December 17th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Two shampoos, two conditioners... that's all I need/that my hair likes :p

sophia_
December 17th, 2018, 05:34 PM
I own 3 shampoos and I thin 8 or 9 conditioners, not counting prepoo masks and leave-ins.