PDA

View Full Version : So apparently swords are not suitable for cutting hair...

akurah
December 6th, 2018, 12:02 AM
This came across my facebook feed and I found it kind of fascinating. Buzzfeed reporters attempt to (sort of) recreate the Mulan hair cutting scene.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrissymahlmeister/i-tried-to-cut-my-hair-with-a-sword-like-mulan-and-failed?utm_term=.roxOOqzQDb#.fiXJJP4OxY

leayellena
December 6th, 2018, 12:14 AM
either the sword wasn't a good one, or they don't know how to handle the sword. trust me, you don't handle the sword as a kitchen knife! idiots.

Ylva
December 6th, 2018, 12:42 AM
either the sword wasn't a good one, or they don't know how to handle the sword. trust me, you don't handle the sword as a kitchen knife! idiots.

Did you watch the whole video? She tried to slice it in one go first, but it wouldn't cut through all of her hair, so the "kitchen knife" style was just to finish it off. It wasn't the original idea.

Estrid
December 6th, 2018, 12:46 AM
Well, to be fair, Mulan didn't cut all her hair in one go, she took it in sections ;)

Corvana
December 6th, 2018, 02:04 AM
Well, to be fair, Mulan didn't cut all her hair in one go, she took it in sections ;)

Yeah this was what I said when I first saw the video... Idk a little while ago now! She tried to do all of her hair, while Mulan first did like 1/4 of her hair at the max.

Alibran
December 6th, 2018, 02:53 AM

Well, I can't cut through all my hair in one go with hair scissors either, so that seems fair enough :D

Estrid
December 6th, 2018, 03:05 AM
Yeah this was what I said when I first saw the video... Idk a little while ago now! She tried to do all of her hair, while Mulan first did like 1/4 of her hair at the max.

Well, I can't cut through all my hair in one go with hair scissors either, so that seems fair enough :D

Hehe, yep!

I wonder why they decided to make a video about something Mulan did...and then not do it the way Mulan did :p

YvetteVarie
December 6th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Buzzfeed can be a little nuts. And that's all I'm going to say :D