PDA

View Full Version : Journal question -

alys
March 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Just a low-priority question about journals - Are we going to have the option to start a journal on these boards as we did before the redesign?? I dont care about my old journal & it's contents, just excited to compose a new journal.
If we won't have that feature with this new site, I'll just continue on using the blog feature. Just curious. Thanks

Cinnamon Hair
March 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure we are stuck with the blogs. I feel your pain. :)

snowbear
March 22nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
The modmins have stated that blogs are the new journals, and there will be no old-style journals. Sorry!

Jennifer
March 23rd, 2008, 06:12 AM
Pretty sure we are stuck with the blogs. I feel your pain. :)

:lol: No one is stuck with any of the new features here, they are all completely optional. :flower:

On a more positive note, alys, give the new blogs a try. You can post pictures, categorize your topics, read and reply to comments on your own blog, as well as to others. If you don't like the comment feature, it can be turned off. You can still subscribe to blogs, as before. And the the privacy of the blogs are now set to the blog owner's comfort level. :D

It's a pretty nifty feature once given a chance.

dancingbarefoot
March 23rd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Just a low-priority question about journals - Are we going to have the option to start a journal on these boards as we did before the redesign?? I dont care about my old journal & it's contents, just excited to compose a new journal.
If we won't have that feature with this new site, I'll just continue on using the blog feature. Just curious. Thanks

A blog is a journal. The only substantial differences are that you can now enable commenting if you wish and you can now control who can view it. Regardless of whether it's called "journal" or "blog" or "diary" or what have you, its function is exactly the same.