PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this shower head?

Kat
December 4th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Waterpik Hairwand. (https://www.waterpik.com/shower-head/products/hand-held/YBW-933E-SBW-383ME/)I thought of buying it-- in large part because it has a low enough flow to replace the shower head that came with my apartment*, but the reviews say there's a lot of water pressure; I wasn't really interested in it for the benefit of my hair. But, I didn't because I don't need a dual shower head; at best such a thing is redundant for me as a handheld sprayer can just be put on the bracket for use as a fixed head, and with this one especially since all of the spray options are on the fixed showerhead part, which I'd rarely use, so the whole thing seemed pointless. (If it was all handheld I would have bought it or at least seriously considered doing so; really I just want a strong spray for ease in washing all of me, the tub and handwash clothing and those sorts of cleaning jobs, etc. An anemic spray sucks. .)

*We're not supposed to change the shower heads, I think because water is included in our rent and the installed heads are low-flow, but I can't stand to not have a handheld shower head so I just bought a low-flow handheld unit.

But, the thing struck me as something people here might be interested in, or perhaps already tried and had a verdict on. I can't decide if it's something we'd love or hate, mostly because I'm not sure if the spray of it would be good or bad for hair. I can't see water in any way detangling, and in the reviews one person said it actually tangled their hair, which also seems plausible. It's hard to tell from the reviews because most of the people apparently got it for free as part of a test group so I don't know if it's actually fabulous or they're just saying so because their opinion is "paid."

But, since this one is marketed specifically for hair, I figured I'd see if it's on anyone's radar.

SheWhoCariesSun
December 4th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Ive never tried this but it looks interesting. I dont mind hand helds but I get cold easily and I stay warmer just staying under the main shower head.

littlestarface
December 4th, 2018, 07:10 PM
No but I would get it if I could.

lithostoic
December 5th, 2018, 07:09 AM
It looks promising! The jets of water could even act as tines of a comb. I'd get it if I could justify the price, because of hair related and not hair related reasons!