PDA

View Full Version : KhairPep

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 12:08 PM
This product came up in the Olaplex thread.

Like Olaplex, it's supposed to repair the hair from within, staying inside the hair throughout washes. This, however, doesn't have anything to be added into chemical treatments, but is used afterwards.

It's not out in Europe yet, but I'm definitely interested in testing it once I can afford it, the serum and mask (50 ml each) both cost 55 USD at the moment on their US & Canada website.

http://www.khairpep.com/

littlestarface
December 4th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Dam $55 each, hopefully one day I can afford to use it loool. Thanks for the website, I wonder if it really works cuz if it does that would be amazing.

These are the ingredients
INGREDIENTS/INGRÉDIENTS: Aqua (Water/Eau), Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Polysorbate 20, K18Peptide™ (sh-oligopeptide-78), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance)

I do wonder what it smells like..

haha i love how that little smilie guy with the glasses pop up out of no where

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Dam $55 each, hopefully one day I can afford to use it loool. Thanks for the website, I wonder if it really works cuz if it does that would be amazing.

These are the ingredients
INGREDIENTS/INGRÉDIENTS: Aqua (Water/Eau), Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Polysorbate 20, K18Peptide™ (sh-oligopeptide-78), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance)

I do wonder what it smells like..

haha i love how that little smilie guy with the glasses pop up out of no where

Me too haha, currently I'm paying between 100 and 160 euros for a 2 liter bottle of Olaplex No.2, which does last a while but you also use a whole lot more, so maybe those small ones would last a while if one uses very sparingly. But then again, most people don't have super long hair, so I always listen to their "lasts a long time" speeches with a bit of caution.

Wow, alcohol denat. is the second ingredient. I suppose it's there to aid absorption though. It certainly looks like an interesting mix of temporary and longer-lasting fixes.

That peptide is obviously super cool. 8)

littlestarface
December 4th, 2018, 12:35 PM
My hair loves protein so this would be great for me. I was using this redken mask and it did wonderful things to my hair, it made it really strong and start to get more wurls. I wonder if it would work better than this one https://www.amazon.com/Redken-Extreme-Strength-Builder-Plus/dp/B004Z1L3JC

here's the redken ingredients:
Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 12:41 PM
The Redken mask looks good, but I think the main thing about this product is the peptide that repairs the hair from within, the proteins that come along are just a nice bit of extra protection and strength.

On the website it says that it "will not rinse out even with daily shampooing" and "it does not wash out and continues to work even after repeated shampooing", but I wonder if that just means it'll last over many washes or that the results are absolutely permanent (until you damage your hair again of course hehe)?

littlestarface
December 4th, 2018, 12:46 PM
The Redken mask looks good, but I think the main thing about this product is the peptide that repairs the hair from within, the proteins that come along are just a nice bit of extra protection and strength.

On the website it says that it "will not rinse out even with daily shampooing" and "it does not wash out and continues to work even after repeated shampooing", but I wonder if that just means it'll last over many washes or that the results are absolutely permanent (until you damage your hair again of course hehe)?

It probably binds to your hairs inside strands? so it wont get washed out and it binds them back together, that's awesome! I wonder how often one can use this?

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 01:06 PM
It probably binds to your hairs inside strands? so it wont get washed out and it binds them back together, that's awesome! I wonder how often one can use this?

Yeah, I just wonder if that bond can still break overtime just by itself (not by damaging it again) if you don't use the product continuously. I have no idea how often, it would be cool to hear from that user who is undergoing continuous treatments with this stuff about how often she has them done and everything that her hairdresser has told about this product.

maborosi
December 4th, 2018, 01:15 PM
I’m curious about this too! I know peptides are/have been a big thing in skincare, seeing them in a hair product is certainly interesting :)

PixieNixie
December 4th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Am I missing something but this just looks like a protien filler and not even that great of one at that because the proteins are farther down on the ingredient list...??? You can get protien fillers for like 3 dollars USD....

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 01:28 PM
I wonder how often one can use this?

Oh, I just came across this info on the website:

Initial Use: Use KhairPep Transforme™ Serum each time you wash your hair for 2-4 times depending on hair damage.

Maintenance: After initial treatments, maintain once a week or as needed.

After Treatments and Colouring: KhairPep Transforme™ leave-in serum can be used immediately after coloring. Wash and rinse hair thoroughly and apply as directed above.

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Am I missing something but this just looks like a protien filler and not even that great of one at that because the proteins are farther down on the ingredient list...??? You can get protien fillers for like 3 dollars USD....

The proteins are just extra. The main thing about this product is the peptide which penetrates the hair shaft and stays there.

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Hmm, I just emailed them to ask about Europe and got a reply that they have no plans for EU distribution. How lame is that?! Guess I'll just have to use some mailbox "proxy" service next year then, unless they change their minds.

Suortuva
December 4th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Hmm, I just emailed them to ask about Europe and got a reply that they have no plans for EU distribution.

What!!! But that's just really stupid, can't believe it, Europe is full of hair...

lapushka
December 4th, 2018, 04:40 PM
What!!! But that's just really stupid, can't believe it, Europe is full of hair...

You bet! LOL! :lol:

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 05:40 PM

I guess they don't need customers. :shrug:

PixieNixie
December 4th, 2018, 06:49 PM
A peptide is just a protien that has been broken down into its amino acid groups... So instead of containing like 50 amino acids which is what we classify as a protien.. a peptide contains two or three amino acids. Essentially this is a protien filler. A very hydrolyzed protien filler.

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 06:59 PM
A peptide is just a protien that has been broken down into its amino acid groups... So instead of containing like 50 amino acids which is what we classify as a protien.. a peptide contains two or three amino acids. Essentially this is a protien filler. A very hydrolyzed protien filler.

From a regular "protein treatment", you're not going to find proteins that penetrate the hair shaft and stay there.

Ylva
December 5th, 2018, 08:55 AM
So I actually managed to snatch a decent deal off of eBay (the product should be genuine and unopened) and since my finances worked out well for this month, I decided to give it a shot. I'm simply too curious about this product. I got the 50 ml serum because it was the best deal and probably the most sensible test purchase. If I like it, I will get the masque next time and in bigger size.

Cate36
December 6th, 2018, 08:33 PM
I came across this product after i damaged my hair trying to remove henna with perm hair colour removers.. breakage like you would not believe and straw...

I but the bullet and went to a salon that claimed it could repair hair with khair-pep - http://www.khairpep.com/. They washed my hair, applied the product, and said I must use it every time I wash for the first 4 washes then once a week.

The back story in short, is that it was discovered by a scientist researching ancient tapestries.. he developed something that would heal the threads. His mother is a hairdresser, so he was conscious it could perhaps help repair hair.. 10 years later, and khair-pep appears.

I got home, googled and watched a few reviews, this being the most indepth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2-ODCw4qh8

For those that don't want to watch the vid (it's a little long but v good and to the point.. no babble..) the girl is a reviewer, has healed her damaged hair with Khair-pep... and basically says "it is much much better than olaplex"

There are a other short reviews... this being one.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojg0P1ckgfs

I have used the product and am now trying olaplex.

The one thing I would say about it, is that you need VERY little, and I have better luck with the serum than mask. You have to use it as instructed.. was the hair, don't condition, apply product, comb through, leave for 4-6 mins, and dry and style as normal. If you use too much, your hair will feel dry and you'll have to start again..

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has given it a go? If used correctly, it can transform hair.. the hardest thing (and the long review I linked above stresses this also) is how much to use.. very little!

Anyway.. thought I would start a new thread on it.. hopefully it will build over time..

kitcatsmeow
December 6th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Good luck I hope it helps! I use olaplex every time I color which is about 4x a year and I think it makes a big difference! I don’t have any noticeable damage

aethyra
December 6th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Hi Cate! Q: Does Khair Pep have to be applied initially at the salon with a professional formula ? Is the serum a supplemental at home use weaker strength version for maintenace or continued repair?

Just trying to figure out if it is like Olaplex Steps 1, 2 and 3 as far as methodology is concerned. Also trying to figure out if it can all be done at home.

leayellena
December 7th, 2018, 12:32 AM
so they want to sell us the lie that you can damage your hair to no end but still have amazing hair? I use the cheap products I find at drustore or discounter and I still have healthy hair without the addiitional cost of "boredom".

Ylva
December 7th, 2018, 06:03 AM
There’s this thread about it: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148377

Maybe this one can be merged with it.

lapushka
December 7th, 2018, 07:11 AM
so they want to sell us the lie that you can damage your hair to no end but still have amazing hair? I use the cheap products I find at drustore or discounter and I still have healthy hair without the addiitional cost of "boredom".

Sometimes people have damage. Have you never damaged your hair? :flower: I certainly have. I only wish I could have had something to help "preserve" my hair then instead of having to cut it off to a short "do".

Joules
December 7th, 2018, 07:25 AM

I don't dye or use heat on my hair, my ends are still somewhat damaged and there's nothing I can really do about it.

Besides, it's a personal choice. You chose to not damage your hair, someone wants to. It's the 21 century, people are planning to colonize Mars, I believe it's time someone invented something that can really repair hair. For the record: I don't know if this product is really healing hair or if it's just marketing, I'm just trying to be open-minded.

aethyra
December 7th, 2018, 07:32 AM
There’s this thread about it: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148377

Maybe this one can be merged with it.

Hi Yiva! I see from the other thread that you ordered the serum from ebay. How was it?

Ylva
December 8th, 2018, 04:11 AM
The one thing I would say about it, is that you need VERY little, and I have better luck with the serum than mask. You have to use it as instructed.. was the hair, don't condition, apply product, comb through, leave for 4-6 mins, and dry and style as normal. If you use too much, your hair will feel dry and you'll have to start again..

Cate, I have a question for you. Has your hairdresser, who got you into this product, said anything about using rinse-out conditioners after application? As in, after you leave KhairPep on for a few minutes, do you go back into the shower to apply rinse-out conditioners, or are you really supposed to just go on with leave-ins alone? :hmm: How well does that work with damaged hair? I'm a bit worried about that.

Hi Cate! Q: Does Khair Pep have to be applied initially at the salon with a professional formula ? Is the serum a supplemental at home use weaker strength version for maintenace or continued repair?

Just trying to figure out if it is like Olaplex Steps 1, 2 and 3 as far as methodology is concerned. Also trying to figure out if it can all be done at home.

It can all be done at home. Have a look at the products on their website. There are two different formulas, a serum and a mask, in two sizes. The serum is aimed at finer hair while the mask is aimed at thicker hair.

Hi Yiva! I see from the other thread that you ordered the serum from ebay. How was it?

I only placed my order three days ago, so it hasn't arrived yet. It's estimated to arrive by the 10th, but I wouldn't put too much faith in that. I'll be sharing my experiences when I get around to testing it out.

Cate36
December 8th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Another review that some may find interesting.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvN-0vbuGCg

Because my hair is so damaged, I've struggled with what to do, so I don't think I am the best person to really give advice on continued use at the moment.. or whether your hair changes when you don't use it. The long review that I posted on the first post, is the best review for how the product lasts... but I will report back when I've been using it for a while and stopped..

The hardest thing about this product is that you have to use it exactly as specified. That means, not conditioning after you wash. What I usually do, is get the tangles out of my hair whilst dry, or with an oil on my hair before I wash so I am not tempted to use a conditioner.

After washing, the product needs to be applied sparingly. if you apply too much, hair feels dry, it tangles and is completely unmanageable.. this was my initial problem with the product. I have a Mental condition (slight tongue in cheek) where if someone tells me something is good, I'll go and bathe in it for a few weeks on end.. totally OCD...I find it very hard to go with "less is more".. but with khairpep.. it lasts a long time, because once you have over used it a few times, you get worried each application that you might use too much, and tend to use less..

The idea is to towel dry your hair after washing as much as possible.. I have to be very gentle doing this because of the condition of my hair.. but I use a soft microfibre towel and get it as dry as I can (no dripping water.) The khairpep tends to pull out water, so if it is not dry, your hair will drip. The lady in the vid I posted initially stresses this, and she is spot on.

Then I use the spray.. I find it easier to use less, than the masque..but if you have thick hair, choose the mask.. I spray over my hair.. as little as possible, comb through, and leave.. you have to leave it for at least 4-6 mins without touching your hair... then you can style as usual.

The product has a pleasant very mild smell that does not linger.. I like the smell

once you have applied it, you will feel your hair softening, so not using a conditioner is not a problem.

I do not use any products on my hair at the moment.. but apparently, once you have left it for 4-6 mins, you can style as usual.

Like Olaplex, here is a noticeable difference on the first use.

Use on four consecutive washes is recommended for damaged hair, then use once a week. However, the lady on the initial vid I shared said she stopped using it completely after the initial four washes, and her hair continued to maintain it's good condition. She does bleach her hair and uses products, so uses it just as and when she feels she needs it..

Hope that helps.. You will not go through this product as fast as you go through olaplex.. the masque and serum can last a long time..

Cate36
December 8th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Sorry - Just realised that this is a thread where I have not shared the long review.. so here it is.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2-ODCw4qh8

Worth watching...

Cate36
December 8th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Just another quick point for anyone who may have the same mental conditions as I have... there is no other way to use the product than specified.. don't be tempted to spray it onto dry hair.. I have seen some stylists spray it onto damp hair before colouring... but not worth trying this at home, it doesn't seen to soak into the hair, and the hair ends up feeling dry and brittle..

Ylva
December 8th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Another review that some may find interesting.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvN-0vbuGCg

Because my hair is so damaged, I've struggled with what to do, so I don't think I am the best person to really give advice on continued use at the moment.. or whether your hair changes when you don't use it. The long review that I posted on the first post, is the best review for how the product lasts... but I will report back when I've been using it for a while and stopped..

The hardest thing about this product is that you have to use it exactly as specified. That means, not conditioning after you wash. What I usually do, is get the tangles out of my hair whilst dry, or with an oil on my hair before I wash so I am not tempted to use a conditioner.

After washing, the product needs to be applied sparingly. if you apply too much, hair feels dry, it tangles and is completely unmanageable.. this was my initial problem with the product. I have a Mental condition (slight tongue in cheek) where if someone tells me something is good, I'll go and bathe in it for a few weeks on end.. totally OCD...I find it very hard to go with "less is more".. but with khairpep.. it lasts a long time, because once you have over used it a few times, you get worried each application that you might use too much, and tend to use less..

The idea is to towel dry your hair after washing as much as possible.. I have to be very gentle doing this because of the condition of my hair.. but I use a soft microfibre towel and get it as dry as I can (no dripping water.) The khairpep tends to pull out water, so if it is not dry, your hair will drip. The lady in the vid I posted initially stresses this, and she is spot on.

Then I use the spray.. I find it easier to use less, than the masque..but if you have thick hair, choose the mask.. I spray over my hair.. as little as possible, comb through, and leave.. you have to leave it for at least 4-6 mins without touching your hair... then you can style as usual.

The product has a pleasant very mild smell that does not linger.. I like the smell

once you have applied it, you will feel your hair softening, so not using a conditioner is not a problem.

I do not use any products on my hair at the moment.. but apparently, once you have left it for 4-6 mins, you can style as usual.

Like Olaplex, here is a noticeable difference on the first use.

Use on four consecutive washes is recommended for damaged hair, then use once a week. However, the lady on the initial vid I shared said she stopped using it completely after the initial four washes, and her hair continued to maintain it's good condition. She does bleach her hair and uses products, so uses it just as and when she feels she needs it..

Hope that helps.. You will not go through this product as fast as you go through olaplex.. the masque and serum can last a long time..

Thank you kindly for this explanation! :)

I was worried about how my hair would handle the lack of conditioner, but if it really does make hair feel conditioned, then it might be okay with just leave-ins.

Cate36
December 8th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Thank you kindly for this explanation! :)

I was worried about how my hair would handle the lack of conditioner, but if it really does make hair feel conditioned, then it might be okay with just leave-ins.

Totally - that was my worry too.. but I think you'll be surprised.. worst case scenario, I have not seen anything that says after applying the product and leaving it to penetrate the hair, that you cannot apply a leave in conditioner, or oil.. but I used it this morning after the olaplex, and didn't feel the need to use any conditioner.. you can use a gentle shampoo.. or oil over night wash out the oil totally.. then apply khair pep if it's mentally easier..

Would love to hear your experience if/when you try it..

The most important thing is not using too much.. it took me time, and I am still learning.. how little to use..

Ylva
December 9th, 2018, 07:50 AM
Totally - that was my worry too.. but I think you'll be surprised.. worst case scenario, I have not seen anything that says after applying the product and leaving it to penetrate the hair, that you cannot apply a leave in conditioner, or oil.. but I used it this morning after the olaplex, and didn't feel the need to use any conditioner.. you can use a gentle shampoo.. or oil over night wash out the oil totally.. then apply khair pep if it's mentally easier..

Would love to hear your experience if/when you try it..

The most important thing is not using too much.. it took me time, and I am still learning.. how little to use..

It's a good idea to combine it with the Olaplex treatment.

I'm not yet sure about how I will do it - maybe I will do it separately to see the exact results and know for sure where they come from.

Oddly enough, on eBay it says it has been delivered today (to me), but when I click the delivery info open, it has only been delivered to a global shipping centre in Erlanger, so it hasn't even left the US yet. Would be strange to get a mail delivery on a Sunday, anyway.

BlueKittyMeow
December 10th, 2018, 01:01 AM
I’m curious how this would work with hair that is hennaed... just since they both work inside the hair shaft.

I’m curious to see what results everyone has!

Cate36
December 10th, 2018, 03:35 AM
I’m curious how this would work with hair that is hennaed... just since they both work inside the hair shaft.

I’m curious to see what results everyone has!

Interesting question.. you could contact them through their website and ask. I contacted them early on and they are really responsive in communication..

I truly wish it were possible to gain the benefits of Henna on hair without the colour... it made my hair feel so thick and soft... I've almost been tempted to use it again to help with the damage.. but I love my own colour too much...

Ylva
December 10th, 2018, 07:08 AM
I truly wish it were possible to gain the benefits of Henna on hair without the colour... it made my hair feel so thick and soft... I've almost been tempted to use it again to help with the damage.. but I love my own colour too much...

Maybe cassia could be something for you to look into? Its effects are temporary and a notable change in colour (also temporary) will only show if your hair is blonde, as far as I know. Then again, I don't know what your natural colour is, just suggesting. :)

I got a little package in the mail today and got hopeful that maybe my KhairPep (my fingers always want to type KhairPepe) serum had actually arrived according to the delivery estimate on eBay, but they were actually my Black Friday flexis. :D I was stretching my hair wash hoping I'd get to test it today, but it'll be delayed by at least one wash then. :)

Cate36
December 11th, 2018, 07:34 PM

Sorry only just noticed this Q.. the answer is "no".. the serum and masque are the same used in a salon or take home. However, the key really is in the use of it.. and sometimes having the treatment in the salon can help teach you.. because if you use too much, hair is dry and not soft...

Cate36
December 11th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Maybe cassia could be something for you to look into? Its effects are temporary and a notable change in colour (also temporary) will only show if your hair is blonde, as far as I know. Then again, I don't know what your natural colour is, just suggesting. :)

I got a little package in the mail today and got hopeful that maybe my KhairPep (my fingers always want to type KhairPepe) serum had actually arrived according to the delivery estimate on eBay, but they were actually my Black Friday flexis. :D I was stretching my hair wash hoping I'd get to test it today, but it'll be delayed by at least one wash then. :)

Did you get it Yiva?

Ylva
December 12th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Did you get it Yiva?

No, it hasn't arrived yet.

aethyra
December 12th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Thank you Cate for your response.

Ylva
December 18th, 2018, 10:05 AM
My order arrived today! Unfortunately, it was packaged badly (the bottle was loose and unwrapped in the envelope) and a lot of product had leaked into the envelope. I have contacted the seller and asked for a partial refund for the lost product.

Just confirming, is it supposed to smell like perfume? Like that you can detect the alcohol scent in it and so on? It's a pretty good perfume scent.

Ylva
December 18th, 2018, 02:13 PM
My order arrived today! Unfortunately, it was packaged badly (the bottle was loose and unwrapped in the envelope) and a lot of product had leaked into the envelope. I have contacted the seller and asked for a partial refund for the lost product.

Just confirming, is it supposed to smell like perfume? Like that you can detect the alcohol scent in it and so on? It's a pretty good perfume scent.

The seller already replied and said she sent a partial refund to my PayPal account. So it seems to be all good.

I will be testing the product tonight. I feel pretty scared, as my hair doesn't do well without conditioner, but according to Cate, it'll be alright, so we'll see... Exciting!

Cate36
December 18th, 2018, 02:40 PM
The seller already replied and said she sent a partial refund to my PayPal account. So it seems to be all good.

I will be testing the product tonight. I feel pretty scared, as my hair doesn't do well without conditioner, but according to Cate, it'll be alright, so we'll see... Exciting!

Yes it has a pleasant smell... put the product on your hair.. don't use too much.. follow the video review link I sent and see how much she suggests using.. just a light spray.. leave it a few seconds.. and you will feel your hair soften.. it will detangle.. then brush it through your hair.. I find it easier to detangle before I wash with a conditioner.. then wash.. then I spray the product on.. I know I have enough because after a few seconds it detangles.. then you have to leave for 4-6 mins.. set a timer... then blow dry as usual.. or air dry.. I try not to put too many products in my hair .. just a little oil as it is drying...

Cate36
December 18th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Also a little worried re the leakage.. the product i buy comes in a box and the bottle inside is firmly closed.. hoping you have a genuine product..

Ylva
December 18th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Yes it has a pleasant smell... put the product on your hair.. don't use too much.. follow the video review link I sent and see how much she suggests using.. just a light spray.. leave it a few seconds.. and you will feel your hair soften.. it will detangle.. then brush it through your hair.. I find it easier to detangle before I wash with a conditioner.. then wash.. then I spray the product on.. I know I have enough because after a few seconds it detangles.. then you have to leave for 4-6 mins.. set a timer... then blow dry as usual.. or air dry.. I try not to put too many products in my hair .. just a little oil as it is drying...

Thank you. I will do that. :) Still sitting here with my pre-poo oil but I will jump in the shower soon.

Also a little worried re the leakage.. the product i buy comes in a box and the bottle inside is firmly closed.. hoping you have a genuine product..

I asked the seller before my purchase if the product was genuine. She assured me that it was, of course sellers can lie about such, but her feedback was 100% positive. And KhairPep is not like Olaplex, it's not widely known as a brand nor unavailable to consumers like Olaplex was for a long time other than No. 3, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it to sell counterfeit products anyway. She did tell me beforehand that it wasn't in a box, though, but I though she'd pack it a little better than just throwing the bottle in an envelope.

Ylva
December 18th, 2018, 05:59 PM
I did it! I used it for the first time.

I was surprised by how good my hair felt with just shampoo. I haven't done that in YEARS and a year ago it would have been impossible - my hair always felt so terrible after just shampoo then, so I can definitely notice a lot of improvement in my hair in general. But that was just a positive side note, back to KhairPep itself. My hair did feel quite soft after letting it sit in my damp hair for 5-10 minutes without doing anything to it, just waiting. For now my hair is still wet, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the final results. But just to confirm, I am supposed to see a difference after just the first use, aren't I?

I detailed the actions I took in this blog post: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=133774

Cate36
December 18th, 2018, 08:41 PM
I did it! I used it for the first time.

I was surprised by how good my hair felt with just shampoo. I haven't done that in YEARS and a year ago it would have been impossible - my hair always felt so terrible after just shampoo then, so I can definitely notice a lot of improvement in my hair in general. But that was just a positive side note, back to KhairPep itself. My hair did feel quite soft after letting it sit in my damp hair for 5-10 minutes without doing anything to it, just waiting. For now my hair is still wet, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the final results. But just to confirm, I am supposed to see a difference after just the first use, aren't I?

I detailed the actions I took in this blog post: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=133774

hmm... Yes you should notice a difference.. when I use the product.. after a few seconds, I notice that my hair is detangling... that's kind of how I know I've used enough of it...

Ylva
December 18th, 2018, 08:51 PM
hmm... Yes you should notice a difference.. when I use the product.. after a few seconds, I notice that my hair is detangling... that's kind of how I know I've used enough of it...

Alright. Well, my hair was already well detangled before I applied it, so I wouldn't have noticed that, but I did think it felt a bit softer after those few minutes.

Cate36
December 18th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Alright. Well, my hair was already well detangled before I applied it, so I wouldn't have noticed that, but I did think it felt a bit softer after those few minutes.

OK.. eager to see how it turns out!..

Cate36
December 19th, 2018, 02:29 PM
How did you go Yiva? I used it this morning.. I don't have to condition after using it.. I was trying to work out how to know when you have enough.. and all I can say is that Hair becomes easier to detangle with a comb, and even though you have towel dried, you will find that the lotion/spray will pull more water out your hair... so it can start dripping... anyway... did you notice a difference?

Ylva
December 19th, 2018, 03:23 PM
I didn't really notice a difference in the condition of my hair, but since I usually apply a coney conditioner as my second conditioner, the comparison is a bit skewed. I did feel that my hair dried rather fast after using KhairPep, but it wasn't dripping. I will try to do it three times consecutively if only my hair allows me. I will try to leave one day of not washing in between. So far, my hair has felt dry, because it has high moisture requirements and KhairPep certainly doesn't add moisture. I just re-wet my hair a while ago and reapplied my leave-ins, trying to tolerate my hair as it doesn't feel as slippery as usual (with silicone conditioner).

Once I'm done with my three treatments and back to using conditioner, I will try to compare that hair to what it was before those treatments.

Cate36
December 19th, 2018, 03:29 PM
I didn't really notice a difference in the condition of my hair, but since I usually apply a coney conditioner as my second conditioner, the comparison is a bit skewed. I did feel that my hair dried rather fast after using KhairPep, but it wasn't dripping. I will try to do it three times consecutively if only my hair allows me. I will try to leave one day of not washing in between. So far, my hair has felt dry, because it has high moisture requirements and KhairPep certainly doesn't add moisture. I just re-wet my hair a while ago and reapplied my leave-ins, trying to tolerate my hair as it doesn't feel as slippery as usual (with silicone conditioner).

Once I'm done with my three treatments and back to using conditioner, I will try to compare that hair to what it was before those treatments.

OK good plan.. I'm finding that the less I put in my hair, the better... before this drama.. I would load my hair with spray in conditioners.. mousse.. throughout the day to boost volume.. I can't do any of that now.. or my hair is weighed down and looks worst.. I guess in the long run.. just allowing it to grow and thicken with nothing, is the best plan.. I'm on Olaplex 2 now.. with great results.. I love that product..

Ylva
December 19th, 2018, 06:33 PM
OK good plan.. I'm finding that the less I put in my hair, the better... before this drama.. I would load my hair with spray in conditioners.. mousse.. throughout the day to boost volume.. I can't do any of that now.. or my hair is weighed down and looks worst.. I guess in the long run.. just allowing it to grow and thicken with nothing, is the best plan.. I'm on Olaplex 2 now.. with great results.. I love that product..

If taking a simple and minimalistic approach works for you, that's great! I wish I didn't need to hydrate my hair so much, but it is what it is, hehe. Olaplex is great, still my favourite treatment for sure.

Ylva
December 20th, 2018, 05:17 AM
I just used KhairPep for the second time.

I used a more moisturizing shampoo this time. Not like that's going to be equal to a conditioner with my hair, but it should be better than a clarifying shampoo at least. This time my hair was harder to detangle when wet (due to continuous lack of conditioner), so I actually noticed some detangling effect from using the spray. I also noticed the dripping which you mentioned, Cate!

I will try to tolerate my conditioner free hair for one more use of KhairPep, then I will have used it three times in a row. Maybe I will try to go for four uses as the ideal recommendation states, but it depends on my schedule. After that, I'll take a break, return to my normal hair care routine and see if my hair feels any different.

Cate36
December 20th, 2018, 03:13 PM
SO I used Khairpep again today.. and took more notice again.. I am using the masque at the moment because I ran out of the serum. It takes 2 mins and then suddenly, you will feel your hair detangle easier when you comb it... and despite towel drying.. get slightly wet again... and drip... I don't need to use a conditioner.. the hair then feels soft.. although after I have dried it to damp, I usually apply a small amount of leave in to give it some weight...

Cate36
December 20th, 2018, 03:23 PM
I just used KhairPep for the second time.

I used a more moisturizing shampoo this time. Not like that's going to be equal to a conditioner with my hair, but it should be better than a clarifying shampoo at least. This time my hair was harder to detangle when wet (due to continuous lack of conditioner), so I actually noticed some detangling effect from using the spray. I also noticed the dripping which you mentioned, Cate!

I will try to tolerate my conditioner free hair for one more use of KhairPep, then I will have used it three times in a row. Maybe I will try to go for four uses as the ideal recommendation states, but it depends on my schedule. After that, I'll take a break, return to my normal hair care routine and see if my hair feels any different.

Just read this! Great you had the detangling effect!!

Ylva
December 21st, 2018, 02:25 PM
SO I used Khairpep again today.. and took more notice again.. I am using the masque at the moment because I ran out of the serum. It takes 2 mins and then suddenly, you will feel your hair detangle easier when you comb it... and despite towel drying.. get slightly wet again... and drip... I don't need to use a conditioner.. the hair then feels soft.. although after I have dried it to damp, I usually apply a small amount of leave in to give it some weight...

Do you see any differences with the mask and the serum in terms of application and if there's anything to consider in particular when using either? I know the mask is aimed at thicker hair, but does it matter in the end which one you use, what do you think?

I just did my third KhairPep treatment and this one is going to be the last that I do for now. I'm just tired of my hair feeling so dry and not having any slip. I was actually experiencing some breakage today when detangling my hair after the shampoo, so I think it really needs some moisture for a change.

Cate36
December 21st, 2018, 02:49 PM
Do you see any differences with the mask and the serum in terms of application and if there's anything to consider in particular when using either? I know the mask is aimed at thicker hair, but does it matter in the end which one you use, what do you think?

I just did my third KhairPep treatment and this one is going to be the last that I do for now. I'm just tired of my hair feeling so dry and not having any slip. I was actually experiencing some breakage today when detangling my hair after the shampoo, so I think it really needs some moisture for a change.

Hmm that's worrying.. I had some breakage today also and came to the same conclusion before I read your post - i.e. I'm going to do Olaplex 2 next wash (tomorrow probably, if the No2 I ordered comes today) and then deep condition with a mask..

Some people use the masque on the ends/length and the serum which is lighter on their roots and head.. however, I have better luck all round with the serum.. I don't find I need to condition after using it.. after a couple of mins my hair softens and I can detangle it... so I do love the product.. although I do add oils to my hair on the days following and LOC them in with a shower cap..

There are so many amazing reviews of Khairpep in Australia.. however, the breakage for me really didn't stop until I discovered Olaplex.. I think I am like you in terms of my hair... it needs moisture more than anything.

I a porosity test on it that was recommended on the net.. i.e. soaking a hair in water, leaving it for a few hours, and seeing how much it sinks (giving a clue to how much water it absorbs).. Anyway.. mine doesn't sink *ever*.. it sits on the top of the water... forever...

Ylva
December 21st, 2018, 03:21 PM
Hmm that's worrying.. I had some breakage today also and came to the same conclusion before I read your post - i.e. I'm going to do Olaplex 2 next wash (tomorrow probably, if the No2 I ordered comes today) and then deep condition with a mask..

Some people use the masque on the ends/length and the serum which is lighter on their roots and head.. however, I have better luck all round with the serum.. I don't find I need to condition after using it.. after a couple of mins my hair softens and I can detangle it... so I do love the product.. although I do add oils to my hair on the days following and LOC them in with a shower cap..

There are so many amazing reviews of Khairpep in Australia.. however, the breakage for me really didn't stop until I discovered Olaplex.. I think I am like you in terms of my hair... it needs moisture more than anything.

I a porosity test on it that was recommended on the net.. i.e. soaking a hair in water, leaving it for a few hours, and seeing how much it sinks (giving a clue to how much water it absorbs).. Anyway.. mine doesn't sink *ever*.. it sits on the top of the water... forever...

For me, Olaplex definitely is less hassle than KhairPep and suits my hair's needs and my haircare routine a lot better. Still, I'm hoping that I see some results from doing this as well. I wouldn't mind going through this every once in a while.

That (bolded part) is a great discovery and realisation! It'll help you so much in determining how to best care for your hair. I also recently came to realise that my hair didn't need as much protein as I thought it did.

MusicalSpoons
December 21st, 2018, 05:09 PM

*tiptoes into thread where I really don't belong*
Just FYI, that test is usually useless http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2013/01/junk-science-hair-porosity-tests-float.html (but you're not alone; many of us have done it :) I did it a couple of times myself before realising).

On-topic: I'm glad you've found the KhairPep works so well for you :D

*tiptoes out of thread*

Ylva
December 21st, 2018, 09:48 PM
Hmm, interesting... After the third treatment, my hair actually feels a lot better (for now at least) than the two previous times. I don’t know if that is because I applied my final leave-in on wet hair instead of dry, or because of KhairPep, but if my hair continues to feel this way today, I might go for that fourth treatment after all.

My hair became ridiculously straight this time as well. The wet brushing does contribute to it, but usually not quite this much. My natural texture is around 2a and now my hair is like 1a/1b texture.

Another thing I noticed this time is that my hair reacted to (or so I think) the protein in the Shea Moisture JBCO leave-in by hardening a little bit at the top part of my hair. It hasn’t happened the previous times, so maybe that indicates some kind of health improvement in my hair.

Ylva
December 22nd, 2018, 02:41 PM
I went for that fourth and final treatment after all. My hair felt so tolerable after the third round that I decided I would be willing to tolerate it for another 24 hours. Since I will have completed the recommended four initial treatments, I think I'll be able to make up my mind about whether to repurchase the product or not.

Cate36
December 22nd, 2018, 02:43 PM
I went for that fourth and final treatment after all. My hair felt so tolerable after the third round that I decided I would be willing to tolerate it for another 24 hours. Since I will have completed the recommended four initial treatments, I think I'll be able to make up my mind about whether to repurchase the product or not.

So interesting! Keep me posted!

Ylva
December 24th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Here's how my hair looks after the initial treatments now that I've washed it with my usual routine.

https://i.ibb.co/gmrNQ4n/joulu2.jpg

I think I can notice improvement in my hair. However, chances are I will not be repurchasing the product. It's just too inconvenient for me to go without rinse-out conditioner, but I'd recommend it to anyone interested in testing it who isn't too bothered about going without rinse-out conditioner every once in a while. And who knows, I might end up repurchasing it after all, if I notice the effect wane over time.

I feel that the improvements were focused on those parts which already weren't too bad, but that those really bad bits (more towards the ends) are simply beyond redemption and must come off (which they will, soon and eventually).

Cate36
December 24th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Here's how my hair looks after the initial treatments now that I've washed it with my usual routine.

https://i.ibb.co/gmrNQ4n/joulu2.jpg

I think I can notice improvement in my hair. However, chances are I will not be repurchasing the product. It's just too inconvenient for me to go without rinse-out conditioner, but I'd recommend it to anyone interested in testing it who isn't too bothered about going without rinse-out conditioner every once in a while.

I feel that the improvements were focused on those parts which already weren't too bad, but that those really bad bits (more towards the ends) are simply beyond redemption and must come off (which they will, soon and eventually).

I think that is a good analysis. I don't mind going without conditioner and using the khairpep each wash.. but I honestly think if I had carried on using it without the olaplex, I wouldn't be as far as I am now.. I think it is a good treatment, and it has amazing reviews.. but I have not experienced the same results as everyone... maybe because of the extent of the damage..

Ylva
December 24th, 2018, 12:54 PM
I think that is a good analysis. I don't mind going without conditioner and using the khairpep each wash.. but I honestly think if I had carried on using it without the olaplex, I wouldn't be as far as I am now.. I think it is a good treatment, and it has amazing reviews.. but I have not experienced the same results as everyone... maybe because of the extent of the damage..

People's self-reported results should always be taken with a grain of salt, I mean, who knows how they interpret them and if they realise to take everything in consideration. It's good to keep the expectations realistic; nothing is a miracle product after all. But I think Olaplex and KhairPep make for a pretty powerful combination. Olaplex is just a thousand times more convenient for me. And with time and the help of these products, both of us will be able to grow out the damage. :)

Cate36
January 1st, 2019, 03:06 PM
Cate, I have a question for you. Has your hairdresser, who got you into this product, said anything about using rinse-out conditioners after application? As in, after you leave KhairPep on for a few minutes, do you go back into the shower to apply rinse-out conditioners, or are you really supposed to just go on with leave-ins alone? :hmm: How well does that work with damaged hair? I'm a bit worried about that.

Hey Yiva,

Quick update for you.

When I last went to the hairdressers (never again) he used the masque on my hair after conditioning. I didn't think to try until the last two washes, but it didn't seem to affect the product too negatively, and I still got good results (with the serum) so I don't think it does any harm to try if you want to continue using the product you have left...

Ylva
January 1st, 2019, 04:06 PM
Hey Yiva,

Quick update for you.

When I last went to the hairdressers (never again) he used the masque on my hair after conditioning. I didn't think to try until the last two washes, but it didn't seem to affect the product too negatively, and I still got good results (with the serum) so I don't think it does any harm to try if you want to continue using the product you have left...

Ah, interesting. Yeah, I think it would still be absorbed, to some degree at least, even if conditioner has touched the hair, as long as it goes on before leave-ins. Thank you for the info! :)

Reyesuela
January 1st, 2019, 09:59 PM
Fermentation produces hydrolyzation (sp) so there’s always Home-fermented rice water. :). Not seen a study about the benefits of that peptide.

Ylva
December 2nd, 2019, 02:10 AM
It's been about a year since I did this treatment and a few days ago, I accidentally noticed that I still have some of this product left. :D I think I'll pick it up from home this coming weekend and use it up before it goes bad. Let's see if I notice any benefits this time round.

Ylva
March 11th, 2020, 05:53 PM
I remembered to use it once in December, and after my clarifying wash tonight. There's still a little bit left in the bottle. I've been using it just like a regular leave-in after using rinse-out conditioners as usual, and it's working much better for me this way. It's actually not a huge PITA this way.

Dark40
March 11th, 2020, 08:59 PM
I'm curious about this product too! My hair loves protein also. Thanks for sharing the website! But 55 US dollars is very expensive. I'll also have to wait until I can afford it too.

Ylva
March 12th, 2020, 07:53 AM
I'm curious about this product too! My hair loves protein also. Thanks for sharing the website! But 55 US dollars is very expensive. I'll also have to wait until I can afford it too.

I used it last night and today, my hair feels very nice and not at all sticky or anything like that. You don't use much of the product at once and you don't need to use it after every wash (I use it after clarifying only), so it lasts quite a while and can be worth the price. It might be useful for you since it could help with length retention in your chemically treated hair.

I'm considering repurchasing it. I am running out of Olaplex and don't want to buy another huge jug of it, so KhairPep could be a decent alternative to help the bleach-damaged hair while growing it out.

Dark40
March 12th, 2020, 10:18 AM
I used it last night and today, my hair feels very nice and not at all sticky or anything like that. You don't use much of the product at once and you don't need to use it after every wash (I use it after clarifying only), so it lasts quite a while and can be worth the price. It might be useful for you since it could help with length retention in your chemically treated hair.

I'm considering repurchasing it. I am running out of Olaplex and don't want to buy another huge jug of it, so KhairPep could be a decent alternative to help the bleach-damaged hair while growing it out.

Ok, cool. I bet your hair does feel very nice and not at all sticky. I never thought that it was gunky or anything like that. I also bet that you don't use much of the product at once and you don't need to use it after every wash. Yeah, I would do like you, (Use it after clarifying only). I bet it does last quite a while and can be worth the price. Yes, I think it might be useful for me since it could help with length retention in my chemically treated hair too.

Ok, that's great that you are considering repurchasing it. I've never even tried the Olaplex yet either but I will someday soon whenever I can afford it. i also be that KhairPep could be a decent alternative to help the bleach-damaged hair while growing it out.