PDA

View Full Version : Hair Communities...

Rebecky
December 4th, 2018, 09:43 AM
My ends were snapping off, and I have started going gray -- I want to keep both of those on my head!!
I searched Youtube on the topics "going natural" and "hair snapping off" which led me straight to the Natural Hair Community.
I was intoxicated by the wash routines, the protective hairstyles, fun personalities and I seriously tuned in for a LONG time before I ever read any comments.
I discovered there was some serious contention in some of those threads and it can be a very exclusive community.
I am not sure I would have been super welcome there but I got some really good hair tips from them:
I no longer wash everyday, I do not use heat, in another community I learned to oil and massage my scalp every week!!
All of these things have profoundly changed my hair!! Can we raise a glass to all Hair Communities, and find one where we can feel at home and support one another! :toast:

lapushka
December 4th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Aw that's cool! :D

Julescarm
December 4th, 2018, 10:26 AM
This community, ill say, is fantastic. Never have I met an online community so supportive and caring. You can see it in peoples posts that they genuinely read the posts and really consider how to answer. While it is mostly based on hair, the support and love shown when someone is going through some situation is taken into account. Are we required to care? No, but we do.
Please, LHC, keep up the good work. :)

Alibran
December 4th, 2018, 10:28 AM
This is a hair community right here, and this one has gone through phases of being quite exclusive and weighted towards members pushing the 'one true way' of hair care as well. Thankfully, we have a wonderful balance here now. Hang around here. Hopefully you'll learn a lot.

Rebecky
December 4th, 2018, 11:42 AM
This is a hair community right here, and this one has gone through phases of being quite exclusive and weighted towards members pushing the 'one true way' of hair care as well. Thankfully, we have a wonderful balance here now. Hang around here. Hopefully you'll learn a lot.

I am still navigating/stumbling around in the dark. :rolleyes: I am learning! Had no idea there were so many types of hair people!

Pouncequick
December 4th, 2018, 11:55 AM
I am still navigating/stumbling around in the dark. :rolleyes: I am learning! Had no idea there were so many types of hair people!

I'm in the same boat! I 've lurked for awhile so I've seen some of the variety but it feels like a different experience now that I'm engaging with the threads. :3 I really appreciate the balance of attitudes because it helps me learn!

Joules
December 4th, 2018, 12:27 PM
I had my experience with just one hair community before, and it was very exclusive too, although in a different way. Everyone dyed and heat styled their hair (the few who were growing out their natural color did so just to dye it again), everything longer than waist was considered medieval, and taper was deemed ugly. I was a black sheep there, truly, with my no-heat routine and protective buns :) (I figured out the LHC routine on my own, intuitively, without even knowing this website existed). LHC has its flaws, but it's by far the most warm and welcoming place I've ever been to online!

Vacurlylady
December 4th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Cheers! Iíll hop in and raise my glass to this LHC! Of course, I donít have any experience with any others, but I find there is a lot to be learned in the community. I have no reason to search for any others!

Rebecky
December 4th, 2018, 04:44 PM
I had my experience with just one hair community before, and it was very exclusive too, although in a different way. Everyone dyed and heat styled their hair (the few who were growing out their natural color did so just to dye it again), everything longer than waist was considered medieval, and taper was deemed ugly. I was a black sheep there, truly, with my no-heat routine and protective buns :) (I figured out the LHC routine on my own, intuitively, without even knowing this website existed). LHC has its flaws, but it's by far the most warm and welcoming place I've ever been to online!

I am excited to get enough posts that I can maybe visit some blogs, and update my profile! haha

Rebecky
December 4th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Cheers! I’ll hop in and raise my glass to this LHC! Of course, I don’t have any experience with any others, but I find there is a lot to be learned in the community. I have no reason to search for any others!

I appreciate you raising your glass!!! :beerchug:

blackgothicdoll
December 4th, 2018, 08:30 PM
I like how diverse this forum is. I can learn more than just about my hair type, but hair in general, and I think that's even more helpful than some people realize. Plus there's such a wide array of experiences, backgrounds, hair types, hair preferences, methodologies, and of course LENGTHS!!!

Also, it's a very active forum, which is good/bad for me (when I should be doing homework).