PDA

View Full Version : Semi permanent color depositing conditioner to add some depth/light to brown hair?

eyesinthewoods
December 3rd, 2018, 09:05 AM
I have brown hair that seems to just get darker. I want to experiment using a little bit of a color depositing conditioner just to see if I can make my hair slightly lighter or see if it can add some interesting depth. I'm thinking a blond colored conditioner even though I dont want to turn blond. I want something that'll wash out after a few months. I saw a "natural blond" color from a brand called ion. Any ideas?

Thanks (I hope this is the right forum.)

lapushka
December 3rd, 2018, 03:34 PM
I doubt that a conditioning wash (color) can make dark brown hair lighter.

But have you heard of the new color waxes that tint even dark brown to black hair? They're all over YT!

eyesinthewoods
December 3rd, 2018, 05:14 PM
That's what I figured. 🙁 I haven't heard of the wax treatments, but I guess I haven't been paying attention. I have seen Overtone and lime crime semi permanent dyes on YT, though. They claim to dye dark hair, but they're mostly neon colors. That's what gave me hope.

nycelle
December 3rd, 2018, 05:32 PM
I have brown hair that seems to just get darker. I want to experiment using a little bit of a color depositing conditioner just to see if I can make my hair slightly lighter or see if it can add some interesting depth. I'm thinking a blond colored conditioner even though I dont want to turn blond. I want something that'll wash out after a few months. I saw a "natural blond" color from a brand called ion. Any ideas?

Thanks (I hope this is the right forum.)

A blonde conditioner won't do anything for brown hair. It may brighten up any blonde you have, but that's it.

I have brown hair, but the color is lighter the further you go down the length from sun exposure over the years. Wondering why your hair is getting darker?

eyesinthewoods
December 3rd, 2018, 06:16 PM
My hair is definitely lighter at the ends too. I think it could be because I got less sun this summer. It was so hot I tried to avoid being outside! I've also been trying to wear more sun hats in the sun to take care of my skin. My bangs/fringe are definitely lighter too. Perhaps because of the sun shining directly on my face but not the top of my head?

PixieNixie
December 4th, 2018, 05:47 AM
A blonde color conditioner will not lighten dark hair. It only can deposit color. What you can do with color conditioners is give yourself a tinge of color, so like if you used a red color depositing conditioner you could get a red shine on your hair. Same with purple and such. Pastels, light colors, etc will not show up on darker hair.

LittleTea
December 8th, 2018, 03:28 PM
This might be a weird question, but when was the last time you clarified your hair? ...When my hair was longer and I used to use lots of product, I found that it was building up on my hair and making it look darker.

It might be worth a shot! :) It's not possible for deposit-only dyes to make dark hair lighter, unfortunately (or I'd be all over that lol).

Blessed be :blossom: