PDA

View Full Version : Hair trim - no split ends

Seng
December 2nd, 2018, 02:37 PM
Hi! I have maybe a newbie question. Should i still trim the ends even though i don't have split ends?

As a hair history: i used to bleach + dye blonde. I stopped, grew out the damage and had regular cuts every 3 months. At the moment, i have long layers and in some parts i still have small portions of dyed ends that are a bit rough but no split ends (this is the 3 month mark where i would usually get a trim).

I was wondering if i should continue trimming despite the fact that it's not damaged.

Thank you.

MusicalSpoons
December 2nd, 2018, 02:43 PM
If you want your hair to grow, then no, it doesn't need trimming :)

You might - might - find in another 3 months that you want to trim it to even up the hemline, in which case you'll probably only need to trim a tiny amount (I mean mm, really just a tiny amount). But that's only if you really want to; if you still have no split ends then you still don't need to. In fact, if you have not many split ends anyway then you can snip those off yourself and still don't need to trim :)

lapushka
December 2nd, 2018, 04:41 PM
Healthy hair doesn't need a trim, at all. You can just keep growing. In fact, check out the no-trimming thread for 2019 on here. :flower: Might be an awesome idea to join. You are very lucky if you have healthy hair and no split ends!