PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this....

PixieNixie
December 1st, 2018, 09:24 PM
I just has a thought and wondered if this would work. It all started walking down the baking aisle and bf seeing all the oils. He made the comment that I should just buy cooking spray and spray it in. I laughed but when I got home it got me to thinking... I have a Misto that you add your own oil to then pressurize it with air to make a fine spray. I wonder if I put my avocado oil in it and lightly sprayed it on my hair after a shower if that would work just as well or better than applying with my hands. 🤔 I think I am gonna actually try this. Has anyone tried this before?

Ylva
December 1st, 2018, 09:57 PM
You may be interested in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbc2tEtGowk

I don't know how it would work to DIY it, so I can't say anything about that.

Doreen
December 1st, 2018, 10:43 PM
I've never tried it but it seems like a great idea, especially since the misto is non-aerosol. With the baking aisle sprays the aerosol would be the only thing to give me pause.

Rowdy
December 1st, 2018, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure where you are located, but I got spray cooking oil from Costco that is just 100% avocado oil and air.

lapushka
December 2nd, 2018, 04:04 AM
I just has a thought and wondered if this would work. It all started walking down the baking aisle and bf seeing all the oils. He made the comment that I should just buy cooking spray and spray it in. I laughed but when I got home it got me to thinking... I have a Misto that you add your own oil to then pressurize it with air to make a fine spray. I wonder if I put my avocado oil in it and lightly sprayed it on my hair after a shower if that would work just as well or better than applying with my hands. �� I think I am gonna actually try this. Has anyone tried this before?

I don't know. You could try it for your ends, or as a pre-poo. For that it may be OK. But I do think there might be other ingredients that make it an aerosol can that aren't that "great". But if you use it as a pre-poo, that should not matter that much!

lapushka
December 2nd, 2018, 04:05 AM
I'm not sure where you are located, but I got spray cooking oil from Costco that is just 100% avocado oil and air.

I would try that! :) That's amazing. I kind of like having the oil in a puddle in my palm and then spreading it out. Spraying might get it all over my tub... :(

Joules
December 2nd, 2018, 04:11 AM
The hair oil that I use as a leave-in comes in a spray bottle (it's an actual oil blend for hair without cones and alcohols, not something from a baking aisle). I never spray it directly on my hair, because imagine all the oil particles that can get on your mirror and towels and furniture...geez. Nope. I'm ok with using my hands.

PixieNixie
December 2nd, 2018, 04:31 AM
The hair oil that I use as a leave-in comes in a spray bottle (it's an actual oil blend for hair without cones and alcohols, not something from a baking aisle). I never spray it directly on my hair, because imagine all the oil particles that can get on your mirror and towels and furniture...geez. Nope. I'm ok with using my hands.
Hmmm yeah... Didnt think about that lol