PDA

View Full Version : ACV rinses

Sparkles122
November 30th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Just so I have this correct before I do it. I first wash and condition my hair. Then mix 1 cup of water with 2 tablespoons of acv and pour it on my hair. Do i rinse this out and then dry? And am I able to get this on my scalp? Everything I am reading says its good for scalp.

i apologize for so many posts, as I only have a very basic understanding of hair care.

kitcatsmeow
November 30th, 2018, 01:53 PM
There are no rules, you can make every routine unique to what works for you. Personally, I mix 2oz of ACV with 12 oz of water and put it in a squirt bottle. This lasts me about 3 washes. I do my CWC then squirt ACV all over my scalp and length. I let it sit for a minute or two then rinse with cold water. Some people prefer not to rinse. It does benefit the scalp by balancing oh and removing residue but again, do what works for you. You may need to try a few ways befor you know wat works best.

Obsidian
November 30th, 2018, 02:58 PM
I like to make mine more dilute, 1 cup water with 1/2 tsp acv and I don't rinse.
I've found that if I don't dilute enough, it makes my hair feel greasy.

Sparkles122
November 30th, 2018, 03:25 PM
There are no rules, you can make every routine unique to what works for you. Personally, I mix 2oz of ACV with 12 oz of water and put it in a squirt bottle. This lasts me about 3 washes. I do my CWC then squirt ACV all over my scalp and length. I let it sit for a minute or two then rinse with cold water. Some people prefer not to rinse. It does benefit the scalp by balancing oh and removing residue but again, do what works for you. You may need to try a few ways befor you know wat works best.

Have you noticed any differences doing these rinses?

Sparkles122
November 30th, 2018, 03:26 PM
I like to make mine more dilute, 1 cup water with 1/2 tsp acv and I don't rinse.

I think I’m going to dilute it more to start then

MusicalSpoons
November 30th, 2018, 05:09 PM

I don't use ACV rinses but a discussion on another thread touched on the variability of tap water in different places, and we realised that probably a lot of what makes this kind of thing work or not is due to the differences in both chemical composition and pH in the water one uses to wash one's hair. I just thought I'd mention it as a point of interest; experimenting is still the best way to find what works best for you, Sparkles122 :)

kitcatsmeow
November 30th, 2018, 05:59 PM
Have you noticed any differences doing these rinses?

Yes! If I forget before I get in the shower, I get out and mix it up and get back in lol

Sparkles122
November 30th, 2018, 06:58 PM
I don't use ACV rinses but a discussion on another thread touched on the variability of tap water in different places, and we realised that probably a lot of what makes this kind of thing work or not is due to the differences in both chemical composition and pH in the water one uses to wash one's hair. I just thought I'd mention it as a point of interest; experimenting is still the best way to find what works best for you, Sparkles122 :)

Like if someone has hard water it works better?

Sparkles122
November 30th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Yes! If I forget before I get in the shower, I get out and mix it up and get back in lol

It must be that good. Im going to try it

MusicalSpoons
November 30th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Like if someone has hard water it works better?

Probably, but it does depend on pH too. Ours is very hard but almost neutral pH and I haven't found acidic rinses make any difference for me, to be honest :shrug: