PDA

View Full Version : Growing my hair Longer and Faster with FOOD!

Lelosi
November 30th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Hi Long Hair lovers,

So usually when I was browsing to grow my hair longer or asked questions about this subject I always got something like: use this cream, chop off 10centimeters, massage this serum or pills.

But what's most important is actually what you put in your body instead of on your hair!!

SPAM

*Wednesday*
November 30th, 2018, 01:11 PM
That’s cute. She’s showing off her long hair playing on her phone.

LHC promotes a healthy diet, proper living and good hair care. Yes, it starts from the inside out and yes, hair grows with food. It has nutrients…building blocks of life.

LCH never recommended serums or pills. Usually it’s encouraged to keep hair well moisturized, none to minimal heating tools, free of chemicals etc,and updo’s which encourages length retention. Hair will grow, but can you keep that length? It’s all about keeping those ends.

Hair grows when it’s ready to grow and it’s different for everyone. Contrary, you can’t make it grow *faster* (with food or voodoo) than your hair’s optimal potential.

Sparkles122
November 30th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Hi Long Hair lovers,

So usually when I was browsing to grow my hair longer or asked questions about this subject I always got something like: use this cream, chop off 10centimeters, massage this serum or pills.

But what's most important is actually what you put in your body instead of on your hair!!

What do I do with the turmeric? I think she said she rubs it on her scalp?

lapushka
November 30th, 2018, 01:12 PM
What do I do with the turmeric? I think she said she rubs it on her scalp?

I... wouldn't. Just... no!

Sparkles122
November 30th, 2018, 01:19 PM
I... wouldn't. Just... no!

Lol thats what I was thinking!

kitcatsmeow
November 30th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Lol thats what I was thinking!

Why not? I make turmeric masks for my face all the time. I think a turmeric paste could actyLly be very beneficial for someone with itchy or inflamed scalp.

Obsidian
November 30th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Turmeric is supposed to be really good for the skin. I doubt it would do anything for hair but it might make the scalp happy

Sparkles122
November 30th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Why not? I make turmeric masks for my face all the time. I think a turmeric paste could actyLly be very beneficial for someone with itchy or inflamed scalp.

It wouldnt irritate my scalp?

MusicalSpoons
November 30th, 2018, 01:37 PM

Maybe do a patch test first if you decided to try it, to be safe :) it is supposed to be good for the skin (and internally) - but it is potent stuff, so it pays to be cautious.

kitcatsmeow
November 30th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Turmeric is supposed to be really good for the skin. I doubt it would do anything for hair but it might make the scalp happy

Agreed.

Maybe do a patch test first if you decided to try it, to be safe :) it is supposed to be good for the skin (and internally) - but it is potent stuff, so it pays to be cautious.

Second the patch test just in case! Turmeric is wonderful and I believe it can be used for scalp psoriasis, hair loss and dandruff among other things.

blackgothicdoll
November 30th, 2018, 02:07 PM

If you have fair hair, it may turn yellow/orange.

lapushka
November 30th, 2018, 02:11 PM
If you are intending to do it, I agree: patch test. I know cinnamon can burn. I don't know about turmeric, I think it is a little safer than that, but it is still a natural ingredient and it can have unexpected effects. :flower:

Ylva
November 30th, 2018, 02:19 PM
I use turmeric EO on my scalp but haven't tried fresh turmeric. I'd probably mix it into something though, I have sensitive skin.

MusicalSpoons
November 30th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Ylva I've seen warnings even on [food] recipes that turmeric stains practically anything, so it probably wouldn't be advisable with your hair colour!

Sparkles122
November 30th, 2018, 03:32 PM
I think i’ll stick with ingesting it

aethyra
November 30th, 2018, 08:02 PM
That’s cute. She’s showing off her long hair playing on her phone.

LHC promotes a healthy diet, proper living and good hair care. Yes, it starts from the inside out and yes, hair grows with food. It has nutrients…building blocks of life.

LCH never recommended serums or pills. Usually it’s encouraged to keep hair well moisturized, none to minimal heating tools, free of chemicals etc,and updo’s which encourages length retention. Hair will grow, but can you keep that length? It’s all about keeping those ends.

Hair grows when it’s ready to grow and it’s different for everyone. Contrary, you can’t make it grow *faster* (with food or voodoo) than your hair’s optimal potential.
I am so desperate that I was almost ready to go pick up some Spam at Publix!! I came late and the opening post mskes it appear that she is suggesting to eat Spam..

aethyra
November 30th, 2018, 08:05 PM
I peel fresh Tumeric and grate it into health drinks sometimes. My fingertips stain for 2 days.

Ylva
November 30th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Ylva I've seen warnings even on [food] recipes that turmeric stains practically anything, so it probably wouldn't be advisable with your hair colour!

I see! But I doubt just a few drops of EO diluted in other stuff would cause any staining? Thank you for the warning!

Doreen
November 30th, 2018, 09:08 PM
I am so desperate that I was almost ready to go pick up some Spam at Publix!! I came late and the opening post mskes it appear that she is suggesting to eat Spam..

I also thought this and had a little laugh. I have never tried spam... :spam:

aethyra
November 30th, 2018, 09:44 PM

I am again laughing out loud after reading your response! :lol::lol::happydance::happydance::happydance:

lithostoic
November 30th, 2018, 10:32 PM
You heard it here first, guys. Canned ham is the secret to long hair.

Aerya
December 1st, 2018, 01:22 AM
I see! But I doubt just a few drops of EO diluted in other stuff would cause any staining? Thank you for the warning!

I second the warning. I used turmeric one time making chili and I still have a pair of socks that are bright yellow underneath! It might be fine since it is diluted oil but I would test it on only one strand first just in case, considering your hair is very light. :)

Lady Stardust
December 1st, 2018, 02:20 AM

Brilliant :) So that’s why my hair was so healthy when I was a child, it was the spam fritters being served up in our school canteen.

It would be so funny if this ends up as an urban myth :)

lapushka
December 1st, 2018, 07:27 AM

Yep! That's our secret. Shhhh! ;)

Would be awesome if we had another "epic" thread on our hands. I can smell it in the air, spam spam...

neko_kawaii
December 1st, 2018, 07:35 AM
*sigh* Now my long hair secret is out.

Pro tip: Buy Spam in bulk at Costco.

MusicalSpoons
December 1st, 2018, 07:52 AM

I don't know anything about the EO; I was referring to fresh turmeric :) if you've been using the EO and it's fine for you, I assume that's a good way to get the benefits :D

I didn't watch the video but I did wonder! I have eaten Spam as a child - not by choice - and even if it did have proven hair benefits I would not choose to eat it again :tmi::scared:

aethyra
December 1st, 2018, 02:19 PM
Brilliant :) So that’s why my hair was so healthy when I was a child, it was the spam fritters being served up in our school canteen.

((Uproarious laughter)))

Natashap
December 1st, 2018, 02:22 PM

That's why mexicans have thickest scalp hair and ends....no offense but have seen this.

blackgothicdoll
December 1st, 2018, 02:26 PM
That's why mexicans have thickest scalp hair and ends....no offense but have seen this.

Spam is more of a Hawaiian and Pacific Islander thing....

neko_kawaii
December 1st, 2018, 03:12 PM
Now now, no need to fight over the Spam, there is enough to go around.

(And it is totally Korean.)

Ylva
December 1st, 2018, 03:20 PM
I second the warning. I used turmeric one time making chili and I still have a pair of socks that are bright yellow underneath! It might be fine since it is diluted oil but I would test it on only one strand first just in case, considering your hair is very light.

I'll keep the fresh turmeric away from my hair, but I have to ask, how did you get it on the bottom of your socks from cooking?

I don't know anything about the EO; I was referring to fresh turmeric :) if you've been using the EO and it's fine for you, I assume that's a good way to get the benefits :D

I know you were, and I will keep that one away from my hair anyway. I just don't want the EO to go to waste. :) So far I haven't noticed staining from it.

Lady Stardust
December 1st, 2018, 04:24 PM
Monty Python...

https://youtu.be/anwy2MPT5RE

Spikey
December 1st, 2018, 06:22 PM
Monty Python...

https://youtu.be/anwy2MPT5RE

Thank you Lady Stardust!! I was waiting for someone to mention that beautiful video.

Doreen
December 1st, 2018, 06:26 PM
Next time someone asks me what I do to get my hair so long, maybe I will tell them that I eat spam.

MusicalSpoons
December 1st, 2018, 06:37 PM

*sigh* Now my long hair secret is out.

Pro tip: Buy Spam in bulk at Costco.

Next time someone asks me what I do to get my hair so long, maybe I will tell them that I eat spam.

I can just imagine it being picked up by somewhere like Buzzfeed, citing the fact that it's discussed on LHC for veracity :rollin:

blackgothicdoll
December 1st, 2018, 06:49 PM
Well mayonnaise treatments are a thing, let's just add some spam in it while we're at it.

aethyra
December 2nd, 2018, 12:53 AM
https://goo.gl/images/rVawsB

lapushka
December 2nd, 2018, 03:36 AM
https://goo.gl/images/rVawsB

I've tried to link your image link, aethyra!

Veeery appropriate! LOL Who remembers that? :D

Lady Stardust
December 3rd, 2018, 03:58 AM
I've tried to link your image link, aethyra!

Veeery appropriate! LOL Who remembers that? :D

That’s the video I linked above :) Baked beans are off!

Aerya
December 3rd, 2018, 06:57 AM
I'll keep the fresh turmeric away from my hair, but I have to ask, how did you get it on the bottom of your socks from cooking?

I am actually not sure, lol. I had this plastic bag of very fine powder and I suppose I was not careful enough opening it.

GrowlingCupcake
December 6th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Late but:

Re. tumeric for the hair:
It's always been hailed as a skin + hair thing among Indians. My mother used to use it in her skin hair quite often, and my grandmother has used it in hair care. I'm not sure how they used it, since I never did, but I can find out if people want to know.

Bear in mind, this is people who have/mostly have black hair so staining is rather irrelevant.

Sparkles122
December 6th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Late but:

Re. tumeric for the hair:
It's always been hailed as a skin + hair thing among Indians. My mother used to use it in her skin hair quite often, and my grandmother has used it in hair care. I'm not sure how they used it, since I never did, but I can find out if people want to know.

Bear in mind, this is people who have/mostly have black hair so staining is rather irrelevant.

If you are able to find out i would love to know, my hair isnt black though, its medium brown so it might stain

MusicalSpoons
December 6th, 2018, 03:36 PM
I'm kind of tempted to try a turmeric streak on an inconspicuous part of my hair, just to see what happens! I'm fairly dark blonde.

GrowlingCupcake
December 7th, 2018, 03:18 AM
I'll find out about the tumeric! It'll probably take till this weekend at least since they live in different countries, and my grandmother isn't as quick on the uptake as she used to be, but I'll ask around; my aunt might also use it.

If I don't remember to post by Monday, give me a poke!

MusicalSpoons
December 18th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I'm kind of tempted to try a turmeric streak on an inconspicuous part of my hair, just to see what happens! I'm fairly dark blonde.

A quick update: I made a turmeric paste with water, then mixed with conditioner and put it on a strand (lock) of hair for ~1.5hrs, then rinsed off. I had moderate hopes as it dyed the skin around my fingernails when I touched it for a grand total of about 20secs ... but the hair's pretty much dry now and I can't tell a difference at all. I'll be very surprised if I can even find the strand again in the morning :rolleyes: (it is still attached to my head - I quite liked the idea of a slightly-different-colour streak, but given up on that hope now).

I might try a streak of paprika soon, just to see :grin: and I might try turmeric again some other time and leave it on longer, to give it a fair go.

blackgothicdoll
December 19th, 2018, 07:42 AM
A quick update: I made a turmeric paste with water, then mixed with conditioner and put it on a strand (lock) of hair for ~1.5hrs, then rinsed off. I had moderate hopes as it dyed the skin around my fingernails when I touched it for a grand total of about 20secs ... but the hair's pretty much dry now and I can't tell a difference at all. I'll be very surprised if I can even find the strand again in the morning :rolleyes: (it is still attached to my head - I quite liked the idea of a slightly-different-colour streak, but given up on that hope now).

I might try a streak of paprika soon, just to see :grin: and I might try turmeric again some other time and leave it on longer, to give it a fair go.

Beet powder/juice can give temporary purple, I think hibiscus can give a reddish too, and maybe cinnamon (but cinnamon is drying). I'm surprised tumeric didn't stain your hair, it stains literally everything else in the entire world - forever. Lol.

Cate36
December 19th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Has anyone tried Carrot juice? https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/carrots-for-hair-growth/#gref