PDA

View Full Version : Trimming for Growth by The Farmers Almanac

SheWhoCariesSun
November 26th, 2018, 08:14 PM
I decided to get a trim last month on dates for growth according to The Farmers Almanac. Anyone else try this? The locals swear by it...

Ylva
November 27th, 2018, 05:01 AM
There's a thread for the different moon trimming methods here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69119 :)

SheWhoCariesSun
November 27th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Thanks!!! I'm so desperate for some kind of edge I'll try anything. SO TIRED of not having hair!

aethyra
November 30th, 2018, 09:33 AM
SheWhoCariesSun: the lunar chart method works. But never trim duribg a waning moon cycle!

Can I ask you something that I cannot find on the site info as a newer user? I looked under hair typing guide but I did not find what the hair length measurements actually mean. There are always 3 measurements. Yours are 10, 14 and 32 inches. What does each length correspond to? This would be helpful for when I am able to get permission to have a signature. Thank you! :)

Ylva
November 30th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Can I ask you something that I cannot find on the site info as a newer user? I looked under hair typing guide but I did not find what the hair length measurements actually mean. There are always 3 measurements. Yours are 10, 14 and 32 inches. What does each length correspond to? This would be helpful for when I am able to get permission to have a signature. Thank you! :)

They are starting, current and goal lengths. You can edit them in your profile when you have enough posts.

Capybara
November 30th, 2018, 01:22 PM
They are starting, current and goal lengths. You can edit them in your profile when you have enough posts.

To add to this, a lot of members measure from the front of the head back over the crown. You’ll see some people, like myself, put body markers instead of inches because I find it a little easier to visualize.

There’s a thread on measuring here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=87933

aethyra
November 30th, 2018, 01:40 PM
Thank you gorgeous hair girl!!

Ylva
November 30th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Thank you gorgeous hair girl!!

Thank you! :flower:

Flagg
November 30th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the links!! I love stuff like this, even if it's bologna.

SheWhoCariesSun
December 2nd, 2018, 07:34 AM
These are hair length beginning/current/goal lengths in inches. These were mine back a while ago, many bad trims. I need to update them. You can set these in your profile as well as your hair thickness, wavyness, etc.

Starting Hair Length (Inches)Edit Value
10"

Current Hair Length (Inches)Edit Value
14"

Goal Hair Length (Inches)Edit Value
32"