PDA

View Full Version : Avada Paddle Brush?

Equestrianchic
November 26th, 2018, 07:05 AM
Has anyone tried it? If so does it pull/snap hair? https://m.feelunique.com/p/Aveda-Wooden-Paddle-Brush
Also is brushing hair as bad as some people say? I know there is mixed opinions about it, I usually finger comb my hair but it's always fun trying something new!

lapushka
November 26th, 2018, 07:19 AM
Depends on what texture you have.

What texture is your hair?

I finger detangle throughout the week. Then brush twice on wash day (Sunday), once pre-wash with a TT (Tangle Teezer), and once post-wash when my hair is damp and out the towel with a Wet brush. A wet brush is *so* nice, doesn't snag or pull, and the one meant for wet hair can be used on dry hair as well (don't get the one for dry hair, that is a mixed BBB (boar bristle brush)).

I have put my WT comb to the side as it just snagged and pulled at the scalp far more than these brushes.

I would look into a TT or wet brush or a wooden bristle brush. The one you have linked there is made out of wood, but it has plain plastic bristles. I would not get that one!

blesseddamozel
November 26th, 2018, 09:30 AM
to me it looks like a decent quality brush from the pic, but I have to agree with Lapushka and recommend a TT, Wetbrush, or Wooden Bristle Brush. I'd recommend the TT and Wetbrush in particular if you're used to finger combing your hair because they're super gentle.

Wendyp
November 26th, 2018, 09:43 AM
I used to love mine I had it for like 10 plus years! with that said I wouldn’t use anything other than my tangle teaser now but I’m still growing out damage. The aveda didn’t break my hair tho and was amazing on my scalp. They do scalp massages or use to with it.

OhSuzi
November 26th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Isnt Avada Paddle Brush a black magic spell to kill a hairbrush?

blesseddamozel
November 26th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Isnt Avada Paddle Brush a black magic spell to kill a hairbrush?

:lol::lol::lol: good one

maborosi
November 27th, 2018, 05:01 PM
I actually have a lot of trouble with paddle brushes- I have no idea why, but they bother me. I like BB brushes, or my TT.
That being said, I know people who adore their paddle brush. It just may not be for me :)

VenusianMane
November 27th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Not so slightly off topic, but what's the difference between an oval brush and a paddle brush? I've been wanting to purchase a Wet Brush (and the thick and curly tangle teezer as well) but I don't know if I should get the oval one or the paddle one, and I didn't know if this warrants a thread of its own... or maybe I should ask that on the random hair thoughts thread? :hmm:

lapushka
November 28th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Not so slightly off topic, but what's the difference between an oval brush and a paddle brush? I've been wanting to purchase a Wet Brush (and the thick and curly tangle teezer as well) but I don't know if I should get the oval one or the paddle one, and I didn't know if this warrants a thread of its own... or maybe I should ask that on the random hair thoughts thread? :hmm:

A paddle brush covers more surface area, and I think that's about it.

I would get the Oval WB. But that's me. I have 2 backups of the oval one, and one paddle brush WB. But so far I prefer the oval one, it's just easier to handle, IMMHO.

VenusianMane
November 28th, 2018, 06:02 PM
A paddle brush covers more surface area, and I think that's about it.

I would get the Oval WB. But that's me. I have 2 backups of the oval one, and one paddle brush WB. But so far I prefer the oval one, it's just easier to handle, IMMHO.

Thank you so much for the input :)
The oval is also the most pretty so even better :lol:
But I'm still in doubt about the brushes, since I haven't use none for years, it's mostly curiosity but I think at least getting something to detangle damp hair after showering seems like a good idea and I also want to try brushing dry (even if just before washing), and I can't decide between the tangle teezer and the wet brush, I kind of want both but at the same time I think it's unnecessary, so yeah, lots of doubts!