PDA

View Full Version : Ever regretted changing your hemline?

Milkchocolate
November 25th, 2018, 08:41 PM
So I have a U hemline at the moment but my intention is to grow it out then opt for a straight blunt hemline by next year? However..I’m afraid that I might regret it.
It’s not that I don’t like my “U”. I really like it!! But perhaps a blunt line might look a bit more uniformed and overall thicker? :) ( Plus I’ve never tried it )
But like with all cuts, you will lose length and years of growing out if you decide to change it!
So my question is, have you ever regretted changing up your hemline?

CrowningGlory
November 25th, 2018, 08:49 PM
I didn't enjoy my V hemline as much as I thought I would. It did show off my waves more and camouflaged the thinning on the sides, but I just didn't like it all that much and longed for a blunt hemline or gentle U.

With a U hemline, you shouldn't lose too much length to go to a perfectly blunt hemline - unless it's a deep U. If it was me, I'd just trim the length and not the sides until the ends were all even. (Not like switching from V to blunt where I did lose a bit of length but it was worth it to be happy with my hemline.)

maborosi
November 25th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Oh all the time. I've had V-cuts before and never like them. U-hemlines are fine on me, but ideally I'd like a blunt hemline.

Groovy Granny
November 25th, 2018, 09:47 PM
I always preferred U hemlines and on 2 separate occasions over the past 5 years I tried at blunt and a V hemline.

Both were instant regrets and I cut back to a U within a week or so....losing some length both times but was much happier :shrug:

HaMalka
November 26th, 2018, 06:28 AM
When my hair is not trimmed for years I get a fairytale hemline. I trimmed my fairytale ends back to a blunt hemline once and was only mildly regretful over the lost length and overall far happier with fewer damaged ends and a blunt hemline.

nycelle
November 26th, 2018, 06:40 AM
I think straight blunt looks awesome on straight hair. On wavy or curly, a soft U is my fave. It looks too big and heavy on the bottom otherwise, kind of like a storm trooper helmet.

Sid0rela
November 26th, 2018, 06:53 AM
i go back and forth to staight-v shape-u shape.
now im at U shape and really want to go back to straight. im slowly staightening the U anytime i trim, to not lose length.
anyway, the slight U is my favorite shape

lucid
November 26th, 2018, 07:06 AM
I think a straight across blunt hemline for many will be more difficult to achieve with long hair, as the hair in the back often tends to grow faster than the hair at the sides/front. So a straight across hemline will then sacrifice more length than a u shape hemline.

That's why people that rarely cut their hair typically get a soft or deep u-shape to their hemline naturally.

I like the straight across or soft u hemlines best. When I have long hair the soft u is my only viable alternative, cause my sides grow slow compared to the back. Even when maintaining a soft u, I always cut much less from the sides than the back.

Now at shorter lengths I have a straight across hemline, and I really love it. The hair feels much longer since the front pieces aren't as short as they would be if I had a u shape. I'll try to keep this shape for as long as possible.

lapushka
November 26th, 2018, 07:23 AM
When I layered up my hair I went from a soft U to a deep V, and I don't mind it one bit, because I love my hair layered. It takes a lot of the bulk out of my hair.

It also takes a bit of getting used to. If you go from a U to blunt, I don't think it's that big of a change, TBH. I think it would be nice. :flower:

spidermom
November 26th, 2018, 07:40 AM
I like change, so no, I don't regret it. Sometimes I do get impatient to move on to the next change.

Milkchocolate
November 26th, 2018, 09:14 AM
I think a straight across blunt hemline for many will be more difficult to achieve with long hair, as the hair in the back often tends to grow faster than the hair at the sides/front. So a straight across hemline will then sacrifice more length than a u shape hemline.

That's why people that rarely cut their hair typically get a soft or deep u-shape to their hemline naturally.

I like the straight across or soft u hemlines best. When I have long hair the soft u is my only viable alternative, cause my sides grow slow compared to the back. Even when maintaining a soft u, I always cut much less from the sides than the back.

Now at shorter lengths I have a straight across hemline, and I really love it. The hair feels much longer since the front pieces aren't as short as they would be if I had a u shape. I'll try to keep this shape for as long as possible.

This is very true! The back of my head seems to grow hair 10x more faster.. and I imagine a straight hemline would only last so long on me lol.

I have a deep U hemline but I’ll give it a go to a softer U!! As it would still thicken my ends either way :)
It’s definitely what my hair does naturally. Thanks for this!

Sid0rela
November 26th, 2018, 02:28 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Tw9N4Bs6/20181126-222635.jpg

She is my inspiration for the straight across hemline I want to get when I grow my hair a little bit longer.

Milkchocolate
November 26th, 2018, 02:38 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Tw9N4Bs6/20181126-222635.jpg

She is my inspiration for the straight across hemline I want to get when I grow my hair a little bit longer.

Ughh gorgeous! ❤️

littlestarface
November 26th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Yea I regret all the time but i'm fussy when it comes to my ends alittle too fussy. I replay it over n my mind how it looks how i want it to look. I did a straight across one time and it drove me completely nutters so i just cut it into a u again. Its too long for a U tho I think I need a straight across.