PDA

View Full Version : Classic by Yule/Christmas 2020

Ylva
November 25th, 2018, 01:17 PM
My original goal was to reach classic length by Yule of 2019, but sadly I went through a very stressful quarter of a year in the fall, resulting in a variety of health problems, including severe thinning of my already fairytaled ends. Breakage was also becoming an issue due to past idiocy with chemical treatments for which payment was due.

So I am starting the coming year with fresh ends, cutting off the thinnest "layer" of my ends as well as the very tips of the next "layer" (in quotation marks, because they aren't actual cut-in layers but rather chemical treatment phasing alongside natural taper), which will likely land me somewhere in the HL+ area, making classic by the end of 2019 an impossibility considering that I will be microtrimming my way there as well. Initially I was upset about it, but at the same time, I knew it had to be done and that this is indeed the right time to cut those very damaged ends off and be done with it.

Luckily, goals change all the time and there's nothing wrong with that. :) Anyone want to aim for this goal together with me and enjoy the journey regardless of what length we're at?

blesseddamozel
November 25th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Hmmm...wondering if this is a reasonable goal for me. My hair is at mid back length now, but the lower half of my torso is a lot shorter than the top portion. Also starting this coming year I'm doing a no trim experiment. For now I'll say I'm in, in the worst case I just come up short and aim for a further date :)

Ylva
November 25th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Hmmm...wondering if this is a reasonable goal for me. My hair is at mid back length now, but the lower half of my torso is a lot shorter than the top portion. Also starting this coming year I'm doing a no trim experiment. For now I'll say I'm in, in the worst case I just come up short and aim for a further date :)

No matter, this is still far away so you'll have time to go through a couple of growth spurts until then, too, maybe! :) I think you have a good shot at it.

amiraaah
November 25th, 2018, 02:20 PM
I don’t think it’s doable but i will join.my hair is touching bsl now at 26.2 inches and classic is about 40.i think with good diet my hair can grow a little bit more than avarege.:confused:

Ylva
November 25th, 2018, 03:11 PM
I don’t think it’s doable but i will join.my hair is touching bsl now at 26.2 inches and classic is about 40.i think with good diet my hair can grow a little bit more than avarege.:confused:

A good diet will certainly help! Do you do scalp massages? I have found them to increase my growth rate the most, especially when doing the inversion method as in massaging upside down.

Milady_DeWinter
November 26th, 2018, 01:10 AM
I'm so in!! I calculated TBL in 1 year from now, and classic in exactly 2 years if nothing happens, including my normal trims! I'm at hip+ (35") now :)

Ylva
November 26th, 2018, 02:57 AM
I'm so in!! I calculated TBL in 1 year from now, and classic in exactly 2 years if nothing happens, including my normal trims! I'm at hip+ (35") now :)

Yay, welcome! :)

Joules
November 26th, 2018, 04:30 AM
This one's way more realistic for me too. I'm calling BCL this Christmas, and I think could push things and get to Classic in one year, but I definitely won't enjoy it, and the taper would make it look like I've got only 3 long strands of hair hanging down. Maybe - just maybe - I could comfortably reach Classic by Summer of 2019.

But really, I don't even know what kind of a stupid idea I'll have tomorrow, I might shave my head to get rid of henna for all I know, my brain has been too unpredictable lately :bluebiggr so I'm not saying anything for sure, but just to be on the safe side I'm giving myself two years to reach Classic. That is if terminal doesn't come earlier. If I can do it by Yule 2019, it'll be nice; if I can't, it'll be nice too.

Milady_DeWinter
November 26th, 2018, 04:55 AM
Yay, we are more!

I'm almost BCL now (I'm 35", BCL is 36"), but will trim for the new year 1-1,5", so I'll be calling BCL sometime during spring.

TBL is 38"; in 1 year I'll get there! Then, CL is 42" for me: i grow almost exactly 6" a year, and try to trim 2" of them; that will allow me to be at classic with a more or less decent hemline sometime during november 2020 or a bit before, with a couple of months to adjust. So, being realistic, it's a totally affordable goal for me :)

GrowlingCupcake
November 26th, 2018, 05:31 AM
I'm in! I plan on no trims till classic, though I might cut in some face framing layers.

I'm nearly at BCL (36 inches). I'll hit TBL (40) by 2019, and classic is 45 inches so end of 2020 will be perfect. I'm not sure how much I grow per year but it's probably around 4 to 6 inches. My ends won't be good but at least I'll find out if I can grow to classic.

Ylva
November 26th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Welcome Joules and GrowlingCupcake!

I also thought that while I could just go no-trimming and possibly still reach classic length by Yule 2019, I rather allow myself trims when needed and want to ease into the habit of microtrimming, so two years seemed like a good timeframe.

Dark40
November 26th, 2018, 07:18 PM
I'm joining in! I'm almost at WL now, and I had said that I would be at BCL at the end of 2019, and on me that is 5" away. So, I honestly think it's doable with proper diet my hair can grow lot more.

Ylva
November 26th, 2018, 07:20 PM
I'm joining in! I'm almost at WL now, and I had said that I would be at BCL at the end of 2019, and on me that is 5" away. So, I honestly think it's doable with proper diet my hair can grow lot more.

Welcome, Dark40! So you don't think you'll reach classic by the end of 2019? :(

Wendyp
November 26th, 2018, 07:31 PM
I’m in! I think this is very doable for me too as I’ll continue to trim away damage! Good luck everyone! :disco:

Ylva
November 27th, 2018, 05:00 AM
I’m in! I think this is very doable for me too as I’ll continue to trim away damage! Good luck everyone! :disco:

Welcome, Wendyp! Fun to have you grow with us! :)

Dark40
November 28th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Welcome, Dark40! So you don't think you'll reach classic by the end of 2019? :(

Thank you for the warm welcome Yiva! No, My waistline is short. Or, I have a short torso, and on me that 16", and BCL is 22". My hair grows slow throughout the year. So, no I don't think that I will make it to classic by the end of 2019. :(

Ylva
November 29th, 2018, 04:36 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome Yiva! No, My waistline is short. Or, I have a short torso, and on me that 16", and BCL is 22". My hair grows slow throughout the year. So, no I don't think that I will make it to classic by the end of 2019. :(

I see. That's too bad! But luckily there's nothing wrong with taking your time either, and it's always nice to have a bit of room for trims, too, if needed. :) That's something I noticed while being in the no-trimming challenge for the latter half of this year. While it's fun and awesome for growth, I certainly prefer the freedom to trim if I really feel like it. I'm determined to finish it, and I will, but it was a learning experience at least.

. . .

Well, I could post my current hair here as well. This is where I'm currently at. But I am going to trim off the worst ends at New Year, still undecided on the exact amount of length that's coming off initially.

https://i.ibb.co/kyhJLF3/hiukset281118.jpg

GrowlingCupcake
November 29th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Welcome Joules and GrowlingCupcake!

I also thought that while I could just go no-trimming and possibly still reach classic length by Yule 2019, I rather allow myself trims when needed and want to ease into the habit of microtrimming, so two years seemed like a good timeframe.

For me, length is more important than my ends right now; I really want to know if I can make it to classic at all, and since my hair is always up, my ends aren't very important to me. Plus, I sort of see my current hair as practice hair since it's dyed, and will be henna'd in a bit. I'm using it to learn good hair habits, but eventually, it'll all be cut off since I want virgin hair. My plan is to grow to classic, maintain for a year or two, and then no-trims for another two years to see if I can get to knee. If I make it to knee, I'll probably maintain till I am happy with my ends, and then start growing again. I doubt I will, though! I'll probably hit terminal first.

Even with the see-through ends issue, your hair looks great :)

ETA: I just realised what a hodge podge my hair colour will be if I end up getting married in five years xD I'll have about 20 to 23 inches of virgin hair which will be around my shoulder blades, while the rest will be dye + henna.

Ylva
November 29th, 2018, 04:43 PM
For me, length is more important than my ends right now; I really want to know if I can make it to classic at all, and since my hair is always up, my ends aren't very important to me. Plus, I sort of see my current hair as practice hair since it's dyed, and will be henna'd in a bit. I'm using it to learn good hair habits, but eventually, it'll all be cut off since I want virgin hair. My plan is to grow to classic, maintain for a year or two, and then no-trims for another two years to see if I can get to knee. If I make it to knee, I'll probably maintain till I am happy with my ends, and then start growing again. I doubt I will, though! I'll probably hit terminal first.

Even with the see-through ends issue, your hair looks great :)

ETA: I just realised what a hodge podge my hair colour will be if I end up getting married in five years xD I'll have about 20 to 23 inches of virgin hair which will be around my shoulder blades, while the rest will be dye + henna.

That's fair enough, too. If my hair wasn't so damn picky and demanding, I'd probably go the length priority route, too. I understand what you mean about practice hair, though! Good luck with your goals. :)

Thank you. :) If it was just about looks, I'd probably keep it, but sadly the ends are also tangling a lot.

Haha, your hair will be a unique snowflake!

Dark40
November 29th, 2018, 05:51 PM
I see. That's too bad! But luckily there's nothing wrong with taking your time either, and it's always nice to have a bit of room for trims, too, if needed. :) That's something I noticed while being in the no-trimming challenge for the latter half of this year. While it's fun and awesome for growth, I certainly prefer the freedom to trim if I really feel like it. I'm determined to finish it, and I will, but it was a learning experience at least.

. . .

Well, I could post my current hair here as well. This is where I'm currently at. But I am going to trim off the worst ends at New Year, still undecided on the exact amount of length that's coming off initially.

https://i.ibb.co/kyhJLF3/hiukset281118.jpg

Yeah! Well, like you've said, "It's better to take my time with it and leave room for trims. All I'm planning on doing for 2019 is to continue the, "No Trim Challenge," and only do a lot of dustings. I feel that will help me out a lot more than just trimming off a lot of hair all at once. And, the amount of dustings I will do whenever I feel there is a need, and that is not too often. Maybe like, ever 6 months. Whenever I trim I only have to take off 1cm, and that's not too often. Because, my hair hardly ever gets damaged. Thank you for sharing your current length! :) Your ends do appear to be a little thin. In my opinion, I think you should take off a couple of inches. But it's up to you.

MoonChildCurls
November 30th, 2018, 01:09 AM
I'm not sure if my hair will make it by then, but I'm going to shoot for it. Count me in!

Ylva
November 30th, 2018, 04:17 AM
Yeah! Well, like you've said, "It's better to take my time with it and leave room for trims. All I'm planning on doing for 2019 is to continue the, "No Trim Challenge," and only do a lot of dustings. I feel that will help me out a lot more than just trimming off a lot of hair all at once. And, the amount of dustings I will do whenever I feel there is a need, and that is not too often. Maybe like, ever 6 months. Whenever I trim I only have to take off 1cm, and that's not too often. Because, my hair hardly ever gets damaged. Thank you for sharing your current length! :) Your ends do appear to be a little thin. In my opinion, I think you should take off a couple of inches. But it's up to you.

Yeah, that sounds good!

Thanks for your opinion. It's not the thinness per se that bothers me, I don't mind my ends being thin while growing my hair out, but I am planning to cut off the worst damage from the ends which is tangling a lot and causing more harm than good.

I'm not sure if my hair will make it by then, but I'm going to shoot for it. Count me in!

Welcome to the party!

Dark40
November 30th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Yeah, that sounds good!

Thanks for your opinion. It's not the thinness per se that bothers me, I don't mind my ends being thin while growing my hair out, but I am planning to cut off the worst damage from the ends which is tangling a lot and causing more harm than good.

Welcome to the party!

Ok, great!

You're welcome for the opinion. Oh, I see. I don't care for thin ends too much as my hair grows out. I always like for hair to grow out thick. Well, it's naturally thick anyways. Yes, that's a good thing to cut off the worst damage from the ends which is tangling a lot and causing more harm than good. Boy, I hate it when my hair gets really tangled! When that happens that's where I go to my holly grail detangling product. Which Mane N Tail. I use 2 products to detangle my hair. The Mane N Tail and Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner.

Ylva
November 30th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Ok, great!

You're welcome for the opinion. Oh, I see. I don't care for thin ends too much as my hair grows out. I always like for hair to grow out thick. Well, it's naturally thick anyways. Yes, that's a good thing to cut off the worst damage from the ends which is tangling a lot and causing more harm than good. Boy, I hate it when my hair gets really tangled! When that happens that's where I go to my holly grail detangling product. Which Mane N Tail. I use 2 products to detangle my hair. The Mane N Tail and Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner.

That's nice that you don't need to worry too much about thickness while growing your hair. I have to make do with my fine Nordic hair. :) But everything has its pros and cons, so I'm not bothered.

Dark40
November 30th, 2018, 07:58 PM
That's nice that you don't need to worry too much about thickness while growing your hair. I have to make do with my fine Nordic hair. :) But everything has its pros and cons, so I'm not bothered.

Awww, thank you. That's nice that you're not bothered by have fine Nordic hair too. :) Well, my hair is considered fine and thick. I've joined the thread on here that says for, "Fine and Thick Hair." Especially, with me chemically relaxing it. The chemcials from the relaxer changes the whole structure and texture of my hair.

Ylva
December 7th, 2018, 06:46 PM
I don't know what my growth goal for the end of 2019 should be. I guess it depends on how much I end up cutting off after New Year, but so far it looks like I might land at hip or slightly below that. Hip-BCL is long on me, since I'm high hipped. Maybe BCL by the end of 2019, then try and go for classic by the end of 2020? I know I want to be quite scissor happy in 2019, especially during the first half, and then gradually ease into less hindered growth once I have gotten rid of some damage at the ends, still microtrimming though.

I haven't done any calculations, although I probably should try and see what comes out of that.

Dark40
December 7th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Ok. Yeah, BCL or hip length does sounds nice for the time being! I also consider that long on me too/ I'm also hoping to be either at BCL or Classic at the end of 2019 too. Yes, shoot for classic by the end of 2020! Yeah, I know whatcha mean about being scissor happy during the first half of 2019. I've stopped being all scissor happy many years ago. I try my best to take good care of my hair so that I don't have to put any scissors to it as much as possible. Yes, I know whatcha mean about getting rid of the damaged ends. It is best to get rid of those. Yes, continue to do the microtrimming.

Yes, do some calculations and see what you come up with.

MidnightMoon
December 8th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Lol @ the "nordic" hair thing. What's that? I thought fine hair is fine hair here or in Zimbabwe.

Anyhow, this regular fine haired person here would probably end up at classic by Christmas 2020 considering I've cut off too much this year. Thing is... I'm actually thinking of cut ting it (Thanks, Dark40). Ok no, but seriously. After a certain point it looks like a hanging drape or some bear coat. It's so fine that my ends look dry and in my opinion give the hair a sort of neglected look.
They are not even thin anymore, it's just that their appearance changes, they are frizzier, stiffer, less shiny, and just lay together but not nicely... and I've had long hair for over 10 years now (with cuts inbetween). Might as well try something new that is fun to me and actually enhances my look. And dyeing+straightening with my hair type is just not possible at tailbone.

Ylva
December 8th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Lol @ the "nordic" hair thing. What's that? I thought fine hair is fine hair here or in Zimbabwe.

People often talk about Nordic hair around here. Certainly there can be fine hair all over the place, but I think it refers to the hair type overall, everything about it, the thickness, the feel, the colour and so on. The type of hair that typically comes with Nordic genes. It's like calling certain type of hair African hair, because it's typically what accompanies African genes. Asian hair is also a common expression. But sure, people always turn things into some sort of assumptions of superiority, it's in fashion these days after all.

Joules
December 8th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Ylva, people often talk about Slavic hair here in Russia (fine to medium dirty blonde, there's even a specific word for this color in our language), so I guess associating a certain hair type with an ethnicity is a common thing.

Ylva
December 8th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Joules, yeah, I definitely think so. In Finnish, the hair colour is attractively called 'road grey', which refers to a type of dark ash blonde.

MidnightMoon
December 8th, 2018, 11:19 AM
People often talk about Nordic hair around here. Certainly there can be fine hair all over the place, but I think it refers to the hair type overall, everything about it, the thickness, the feel, the colour and so on. The type of hair that typically comes with Nordic genes. It's like calling certain type of hair African hair, because it's typically what accompanies African genes. Asian hair is also a common expression. But sure, people always turn things into some sort of assumptions of superiority, it's in fashion these days after all.

I'm not sure why "Nordic" would have anything to do with superiority. I'd also wonder what is Asian hair since there's many countries in Asia. Stereotypical Indian hair is quite different from Japanese. I also don't know what are "African genes". You mean people from Tunisia or Morocco, or central Africa? There's quite a difference between people in a whole continent, just to give that as an example. I believe people have migrated, mixed, and all that so much that I don't know how one could claim to have some trait specific to a group based on some imaginary division. How long would I and my descendants have to live in Scandinavia for our genes to catch up? I mean, when did "Nordic" people stop being African and become Nordic? Does it mean they stayed in this territory mixing between each other with no other population until now? What about someone who looks exactly like you described but has nothing to do with any of those countries?
Ah well, nevermind, I just don't think it's as simple as classifying people by hair or eye colour. There's much more in play and you could end up having to describe in much more detail every single trait that differentiates one group from another. Which would lead to nothing since I bet I could find a Russian, a German, someone from the US and from Sweden and you couldn't tell them apart.
I really hope you don't think there's something as "African" genes, though. Please take a look at just how large is Africa, how different people are (there's more than just having "dark" skin)... their bone structure, lips, noses, eyes, hair... my husband is half "African" and he has blue eyes, brown hair and is 6'4. People actually think he's Russian.
And it's not that he's an exception, it's that people from northern African countries look more like what people call Arabic, often having light eyes, tan skin, softer hair texture, and so on...

MidnightMoon
December 8th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Ylva, people often talk about Slavic hair here in Russia (fine to medium dirty blonde, there's even a specific word for this color in our language), so I guess associating a certain hair type with an ethnicity is a common thing.

Just because there's a specific name for it doesn't mean it's unique to some "group". That's just pretty much the most common hair colour in central Europe...
I'm in Germany and it's the same. People often dye it blonde.

Ylva
December 8th, 2018, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure why "Nordic" would have anything to do with superiority. I'd also wonder what is Asian hair since there's many countries in Asia. Stereotypical Indian hair is quite different from Japanese. I also don't know what are "African genes". You mean people from Tunisia or Morocco, or central Africa? There's quite a difference between people in a whole continent, just to give that as an example. I believe people have migrated, mixed, and all that so much that I don't know how one could claim to have some trait specific to a group based on some imaginary division. How long would I and my descendants have to live in Scandinavia for our genes to catch up? I mean, when did "Nordic" people stop being African and become Nordic? Does it mean they stayed in this territory mixing between each other with no other population until now? What about someone who looks exactly like you described but has nothing to do with any of those countries?
Ah well, nevermind, I just don't think it's as simple as classifying people by hair or eye colour. There's much more in play and you could end up having to describe in much more detail every single trait that differentiates one group from another. Which would lead to nothing since I bet I could find a Russian, a German, someone from the US and from Sweden and you couldn't tell them apart.
I really hope you don't think there's something as "African" genes, though. Please take a look at just how large is Africa, how different people are (there's more than just having "dark" skin)... their bone structure, lips, noses, eyes, hair... my husband is half "African" and he has blue eyes, brown hair and is 6'4. People actually think he's Russian.
And it's not that he's an exception, it's that people from northern African countries look more like what people call Arabic, often having light eyes, tan skin, softer hair texture, and so on...

Northern Africa is Arabic, though, so "African genes" does not apply to that. Heck, I have 0.1% African heritage myself, and generally that refers to sub-Saharan Africa, which then again has sub-catefories. Ethnic groups aren't tied to the equivalent continents.

When people say African, Asian, Nordic and so on hair, they're referring to a variety of qualities that are commonly associated with those ethnicities.

If someone looks exactly like I described but has nothing to do with the Nordics, then good for them I guess, it's really not such a deep matter if I call my hair Nordic hair.

I'm well aware that northern Africa is not "African" per se, I honestly do not need to be educated about this.

I just happen to be a Nordic person with typical Nordic type hair. Nothing more special about it than that.

Ylva
December 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Just because there's a specific name for it doesn't mean it's unique to some "group". That's just pretty much the most common hair colour in central Europe...

No one has claimed anything to be unique to any group. Just typical and associated with it.

Ylva
December 8th, 2018, 11:36 AM
And to answer your question which I missed (difficult to see and reply on phone), a person/people stop being x gradually when enough genetic mutations have taken place to distinguish the genes of that group from the other group.

MidnightMoon
December 8th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Well good for you if you choose to describe yourself in that way. It's just that in my opinion it's an outdated and rather narrow term invented by someone.
And my point with Joules example was that dark blonde/light brown hair can be found in many countries whose population, by this imaginary classification, would belong in different groups. Makes it a bit hard when different traits are scattered across the world. Is my wavy hair Arabic, African, is it African brown, Asian brown, Mediterranean brown...?

Will soon be Celtic red, I guess. If that's a thing.

Dark40
December 8th, 2018, 11:43 AM

Anyhow, this regular fine haired person here would probably end up at classic by Christmas 2020 considering I've cut off too much this year. Thing is... I'm actually thinking of cut ting it (Thanks, Dark40). Ok no, but seriously. After a certain point it looks like a hanging drape or some bear coat. It's so fine that my ends look dry and in my opinion give the hair a sort of neglected look.
They are not even thin anymore, it's just that their appearance changes, they are frizzier, stiffer, less shiny, and just lay together but not nicely... and I've had long hair for over 10 years now (with cuts inbetween). Might as well try something new that is fun to me and actually enhances my look. And dyeing+straightening with my hair type is just not possible at tailbone.

You're welcome, MidnightMoon! How long is your hair now? That's good that the ends are no longer thin! I love a nice thick hemline! From where you from do you get products for frizzy hair? Because, if you don't you can order them online. I know an excellent product you can try for frizzy unshiny hair! It's called, "Garnier Fructis Sleep & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream." It really works my thick frizz hair lots of wonders!!! I also use their styling milk as well for the humid weather. Oh ok, so you've had long hair for many years then. Yeah, it's always good to try something new to enhance your look that is fun. Oh, dyeinng+straightening at tailbone length isn't nothing comparing to my longtime girlfriend that had ankle length hair, and she was getting her hair straightened +dyeing it at the same time! So, it's not impossible.

MidnightMoon
December 8th, 2018, 11:48 AM
You're welcome, MidnightMoon! How long is your hair now? That's good that the ends are no longer thin! I love a nice thick hemline! From where you from do you get products for frizzy hair? Because, if you don't you can order them online. I know an excellent product you can try for frizzy unshiny hair! It's called, "Garnier Fructis Sleep & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream." It really works my thick frizz hair lots of wonders!!! I also use their styling milk as well for the humid weather. Oh ok, so you've had long hair for many years then. Yeah, it's always good to try something new to enhance your look that is fun. Oh, dyeinng+straightening at tailbone length isn't nothing comparing to my longtime girlfriend that had ankle length hair, and she was getting her hair straightened +dyeing it at the same time! So, it's not impossible.

Thanks for the product suggestion. I'm afraid it wouldn't be possible for me, though, dyeing and straightening and keeping it long. It's just too much for my hair. It really is too fragile. But I think I'm serious about getting a cut. Would make my life easier and more fun. And being honest I do look like a wild bear from the woods sometimes, which I don't appreciate. I want to look more polished, and make my hair sort of an asset, not something that worsens my look.

Joules
December 8th, 2018, 11:50 AM

I didn't mean it was unique. I meant that I understood where Ylva was coming from when she said "Nordic" hair. It wasn't to highlight any kind of uniqueness, it was just an expression that is often used in her language. I coud have said something about Slavic hair automatically, just because we call it so here where I live. Sometimes such words and expressions slip into my English, again, not to show how different one ethnicity is, but just because I'm used to describing it this way.

Ylva
January 2nd, 2019, 02:05 PM
Here's a (hopefully) proper length shot for a change. This is where I'm at after my trim, about halfway between HL and BCL. From here, I hope to be at BCL around summertime and then TBL by the end of 2019, all while microtrimming, but I might slow it down at some point. Right now I'm cutting 0.5 cm every 5-6 weeks (my monthly growth is 1.25 cm) to get rid of some of the damage and to try and have the thickness travel down.

https://i.ibb.co/GCZ9NsK/hiukset020119.jpg

I haven't done any mathematical calculations, but does my growth plan sound feasible to you guys?

Off topic: My hair becomes darn flat and straight the way I am styling it at the moment. o_O

Dark40
January 2nd, 2019, 04:41 PM
Here's a (hopefully) proper length shot for a change. This is where I'm at after my trim, about halfway between HL and BCL. From here, I hope to be at BCL around summertime and then TBL by the end of 2019, all while microtrimming, but I might slow it down at some point. Right now I'm cutting 0.5 cm every 5-6 weeks (my monthly growth is 1.25 cm) to get rid of some of the damage and to try and have the thickness travel down.

https://i.ibb.co/GCZ9NsK/hiukset020119.jpg

I haven't done any mathematical calculations, but does my growth plan sound feasible to you guys?

Off topic: My hair becomes darn flat and straight the way I am styling it at the moment. o_O

Your hair looks great there after your trim! :) I'm sure by the end of this year you will have made it to BCL or TBL. I think that growth rate sounds feasible to me. Mine grows at about 1.5 inches a month. You can say, "Mine grows almost 2" per month."

Hum, I don't understand why your hair becomes flat and straight because of the way you are styling it. Maybe it could be because of the texture of hair or hair type you have?

Milady_DeWinter
January 2nd, 2019, 04:44 PM
Yay Ylva, we are at the same lenght now! I also hope to hit BCL for the summer, or late spring. And TBL for next Christmas :):) Lovely pic BTW!

Ylva
January 2nd, 2019, 04:55 PM
Your hair looks great there after your trim! :) I'm sure by the end of this year you will have made it to BCL or TBL. I think that growth rate sounds feasible to me. Mine grows at about 1.5 inches a month. You can say, "Mine grows almost 2" per month."

Hum, I don't understand why your hair becomes flat and straight because of the way you are styling it. Maybe it could be because of the texture of hair or hair type you have?

Thank you! BCL should at least be easily doable. If I'm not exactly at TBL by the end of the year, that's okay, but I think I should be very close at least. Yeah, my hair grows at about average speed - 1.25 cm is around 0.5''.

It's because I don't encourage my waves in any way but rather the opposite. I apply my leave-ins finger-combing downwards and smoothing my hair as opposed to scrunching them in or letting my hair dry without any manipulation.

Yay Ylva, we are at the same lenght now! I also hope to hit BCL for the summer, or late spring. And TBL for next Christmas :):) Lovely pic BTW!

Yay, growth buddies! Do you call your milestones stretched or unstretched? Thank you so much! :)

Milady_DeWinter
January 2nd, 2019, 05:06 PM
Thank you! BCL should at least be easily doable. If I'm not exactly at TBL by the end of the year, that's okay, but I think I should be very close at least. Yeah, my hair grows at about average speed - 1.25 cm is around 0.5''.

It's because I don't encourage my waves in any way but rather the opposite. I apply my leave-ins finger-combing downwards and smoothing my hair as opposed to scrunching them in or letting my hair dry without any manipulation.

Yay, growth buddies! Do you call your milestones stretched or unstretched? Thank you so much! :)

Stretched, but not shower wet... just wavy/stretched :) I grow like 6" a year; need like 2 1/4" to be at BCL and 4" to be TBL, more or less :D With trims, I calculate summer and christmas.

browntatis
January 2nd, 2019, 06:37 PM
Hi!
I am in for the challenge! I realized that if I don't cut my hair, it grows really fast. I grew 22cm (8.6 inches) in one year and I went from SL to almost ML, in between that year I cut my hair into a V shape but I maintained the lenght.

Right now I am a month away from BSL so in 23 months I think I may be reaching or very close to Classic if my hair grows at the same speed :crush:
Do you all think it is possible?

I wanted to share my pic of that time I told you about :)
There is 2cm in between numbers.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34911&d=1546478781

I also have a question but l am a little embarrassed to ask... what does BCL means?

Ylva
January 2nd, 2019, 06:40 PM
Stretched, but not shower wet... just wavy/stretched :) I grow like 6" a year; need like 2 1/4" to be at BCL and 4" to be TBL, more or less :D With trims, I calculate summer and christmas.

Sounds good! :D

Hi!
I am in for the challenge! I realized that if I don't cut my hair, it grows really fast. I grew 22cm (8.6 inches) in one year and I went from SL to a little passed BSL, in between that year I cut my hair into a V shape but I maintained the lenght.

Right now I am a month away from BSL so in 23 months I think I may be reaching or very close to Classic if my hair grows at the same speed :crush:
Do you all think it is possible?

I wanted to share my pic of that time I told you about :)
There is 2cm in between numbers.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34911&d=1546478781

I also have a question but l am a little embarrassed to ask... what does BCL means?

Hey hey and welcome to the thread! :)

Wow, that's excellent growth! I don't think it impossible at all that you could reach classic around two years from now.

BCL is the glorious buttcrack length.

browntatis
January 2nd, 2019, 06:49 PM
Sounds good! :D

Hey hey and welcome to the thread! :)

Wow, that's excellent growth! I don't think it impossible at all that you could reach classic around two years from now.

BCL is the glorious buttcrack length.

Ooooh! So it is BCL and TBL the same thing?

Ylva
January 2nd, 2019, 07:00 PM
Ooooh! So it is BCL and TBL the same thing?

Some people say they are the same on them, but for me, TBL is an inch or two below BCL. There are also different ways to interpret TBL. Some say it's where the tailbone pokes out and that's where I consider it to be as well, since I can easily find that body marker. Some say it's where the entire bone thingy (advanced medical vocabulary) ends, but I don't know how to locate that. Either way, it's more than likely somewhere in the mid butt area.

browntatis
January 2nd, 2019, 07:09 PM
Some people say they are the same on them, but for me, TBL is an inch or two below BCL. There are also different ways to interpret TBL. Some say it's where the tailbone pokes out and that's where I consider it to be as well, since I can easily find that body marker. Some say it's where the entire bone thingy (advanced medical vocabulary) ends, but I don't know how to locate that. Either way, it's more than likely somewhere in the mid butt area.

Thank you so much! Yes, I believe we all don't have the samsame anatomy, but now I understand.

Ylva
January 2nd, 2019, 07:17 PM
Thank you so much! Yes, I believe we all don't have the samsame anatomy, but now I understand.

My pleasure! :) That's definitely true.

Dark40
January 3rd, 2019, 02:39 PM

You're welcome! Yeah, BCL should be doable is right or TBL. Because, you're not that far from those lengths right now. I didn't even notice your wavy hair, ok. Yes, that's what I also do for my leave-ins too. I spray them and use a wide tooth comb, and any creams I finger comb and smooth it in oppose to scrunching it in as well, and I also let my hair air dry so there's no manipulation too.

Flossiebell
January 3rd, 2019, 03:57 PM
I’m going to give this a whirl. I’m only just past bsl when wavy but if pulled straight (I think) I’m an inch or 2 from waist. So here’s to optimism 😀

Ylva
January 3rd, 2019, 05:51 PM
I’m going to give this a whirl. I’m only just past bsl when wavy but if pulled straight (I think) I’m an inch or 2 from waist. So here’s to optimism ��

Welcome to the gang and good luck! All sorts of exciting stuff can happen in two years time! :)

Luna Starsetta
January 4th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Alright so i'm gonna throw some numbers at ya. I think classic length for me is about 40 inches. I measured January 31st 2018 stretched and came out with 32" and i just measured not long ago January 2nd 2019 and I am currently at 38". So I got 6 inches of growth meaning that if i continue to care for my hair as i have. reaching classic is extremely possible this year for me considering the math! Now if i divided and broke this down further. 6/12 is 0.5 meaning I get a half inch of growth per month. jan. feb.=1" mach. april.=2". So technically mathematically, I will be at classic by then. However while it will be there measurement wise on my body. It will not appear that way due to my curls and the shrinkage i get. so its gonna be a bit of a wait and see. question is when i call it... sorry for my rambles. however if any of you have anything to add please do! i would greatly appreciate it! Especially with me trying to figure out when exactly I should call classic. It will be such a huge milestone for me!:joy:

GrowlingCupcake
January 4th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Well, I'm at BCL so on track to get to TBL by the end of this year, even if I only get 4 inches. My roots have grown about 1.5 to 2 inches since the beginning of September (depending on where), and I went from 33 inches at beginning of June to 36 inches by the end of December. So I think I'm growing about 0.4 inches a month, 4.8 inches a year. I'll have to pay more attention this year.

Edit:

Alright so i'm gonna throw some numbers at ya. I think classic length for me is about 40 inches. I measured January 31st 2018 stretched and came out with 32" and i just measured not long ago January 2nd 2019 and I am currently at 38". So I got 6 inches of growth meaning that if i continue to care for my hair as i have. reaching classic is extremely possible this year for me considering the math! Now if i divided and broke this down further. 6/12 is 0.5 meaning I get a half inch of growth per month. jan. feb.=1" mach. april.=2". So technically mathematically, I will be at classic by then. However while it will be there measurement wise on my body. It will not appear that way due to my curls and the shrinkage i get. so its gonna be a bit of a wait and see. question is when i call it... sorry for my rambles. however if any of you have anything to add please do! i would greatly appreciate it! Especially with me trying to figure out when exactly I should call classic. It will be such a huge milestone for me!:joy:

I call when the majority of my hair is at the milestone when stretched. I usually measure it, rather than use body markers.

Luna Starsetta
January 4th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Well, I'm at BCL so on track to get to TBL by the end of this year, even if I only get 4 inches. My roots have grown about 1.5 to 2 inches since the beginning of September (depending on where), and I went from 33 inches at beginning of June to 36 inches by the end of December. So I think I'm growing about 0.4 inches a month, 4.8 inches a year. I'll have to pay more attention this year.

Edit:

I call when the majority of my hair is at the milestone when stretched. I usually measure it, rather than use body markers.

Thank you for your opinion I look forward to reading more!

almostghost
January 4th, 2019, 06:19 PM
I won't be able to reach classic, but I'll be getting close, around tailbone I think. How exciting! Good luck and happy growing to everyone else :D

Ylva
January 4th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Many of us seem to be reaching TBL by the end of this year. Cool!

I won't be able to reach classic, but I'll be getting close, around tailbone I think. How exciting! Good luck and happy growing to everyone else :D

You might get a growth spurt! :D

almostghost
January 4th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Many of us seem to be reaching TBL by the end of this year. Cool!

You might get a growth spurt! :D

Hey, I sure wouldn't mind one. :thumbsup: But even "just" at tailbone it'll be quite a bit longer than my hair's ever been before, so I'll still be really happy.

Ylva
January 4th, 2019, 06:44 PM
Hey, I sure wouldn't mind one. :thumbsup: But even "just" at tailbone it'll be quite a bit longer than my hair's ever been before, so I'll still be really happy.

I feel the same way. Even though classic is my goal, I really wouldn't mind if I was just able to maintain a thick, blunt hemline at tailbone. It's a really aesthetically pleasing length in my eyes! I know I can at least have fairytale ends at TBL, so perhaps with healthier ends, I'll be able to have them thick. :)

almostghost
January 4th, 2019, 07:18 PM
I feel the same way. Even though classic is my goal, I really wouldn't mind if I was just able to maintain a thick, blunt hemline at tailbone. It's a really aesthetically pleasing length in my eyes! I know I can at least have fairytale ends at TBL, so perhaps with healthier ends, I'll be able to have them thick. :)

Yeah, I've seen some of your pictures around. Your hair is beautiful and looks even better after your recent trim! I bet it feels better too. I'm sure you'll get the thickness down there soon! :)

As much as I've enjoyed chugging along trim free and enjoying unhindered length gains for the last two years, I know I'll have to start doing some trimming sooner or later, because I've had tangly, damaged ends before and wasn't a big fan. I could deal with fairytale ends, but the tangles drive me nuts :mad:

Ylva
January 4th, 2019, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I've seen some of your pictures around. Your hair is beautiful and looks even better after your recent trim! I bet it feels better too. I'm sure you'll get the thickness down there soon! :)

As much as I've enjoyed chugging along trim free and enjoying unhindered length gains for the last two years, I know I'll have to start doing some trimming sooner or later, because I've had tangly, damaged ends before and wasn't a big fan. I could deal with fairytale ends, but the tangles drive me nuts :mad:

Thank you so much! Yes, I definitely think I made the right decision cutting those ends off. Now I hope they won't even get that bad with microtrimming. I hope one day I can have ends like yours, full and shiny!

I can relate. Fairytale-ing you can always fix later, but if the ends are tangling and causing more harm than good, it's just going to hinder your growth altogether. That much I learned and I only went 9 months without trimming now. :)

Ah, all this was so much easier when I wasn't so "hair aware" and was just ignoring it all day every day!

almostghost
January 5th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Thank you so much! Yes, I definitely think I made the right decision cutting those ends off. Now I hope they won't even get that bad with microtrimming. I hope one day I can have ends like yours, full and shiny!

I can relate. Fairytale-ing you can always fix later, but if the ends are tangling and causing more harm than good, it's just going to hinder your growth altogether. That much I learned and I only went 9 months without trimming now. :)

Ah, all this was so much easier when I wasn't so "hair aware" and was just ignoring it all day every day!

:flower: I know your ends will look perfect after you microtrim for a while! I do a lot of S&D to avoid the split end tangles, but I plan to transition to microtrims whenever my ends start getting too thin for my liking.

Ha! I hear you. It's a little more work now, but it makes me so much happier :grin:

Ylva
January 5th, 2019, 09:02 PM
:flower: I know your ends will look perfect after you microtrim for a while! I do a lot of S&D to avoid the split end tangles, but I plan to transition to microtrims whenever my ends start getting too thin for my liking.

Ha! I hear you. It's a little more work now, but it makes me so much happier :grin:

I certainly have my hopes up! This year, I will be documenting my growth and hemline improvement better than I did last year. Heck, I didn't even take proper length shots before September or around there. :doh: Thank you for the encouragement! :flower:

If you can make do with S&D alone, that's great, do it for as long as you can for sure! For me, it wasn't really worth it, because my ends were so damaged (I think it's primarily the cuticle damage that is my worst enemy there) that they were breaking off regardless - split ends were the least of my worries there.

almostghost
January 6th, 2019, 07:36 AM
I certainly have my hopes up! This year, I will be documenting my growth and hemline improvement better than I did last year. Heck, I didn't even take proper length shots before September or around there. :doh: Thank you for the encouragement! :flower:

If you can make do with S&D alone, that's great, do it for as long as you can for sure! For me, it wasn't really worth it, because my ends were so damaged (I think it's primarily the cuticle damage that is my worst enemy there) that they were breaking off regardless - split ends were the least of my worries there.

Cool! I want to try to take more hair pictures, but I'm not very good at it :p Maybe after I move in the next month or two I can have my roommate help me out with photos on occasions when I actually want a decent one.

S&D has been working pretty well for me since I started my "big grow." I know it can't last forever though. My last two inches look ok but are starting to feel pretty damaged.

Ylva
January 6th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Cool! I want to try to take more hair pictures, but I'm not very good at it :p Maybe after I move in the next month or two I can have my roommate help me out with photos on occasions when I actually want a decent one.

S&D has been working pretty well for me since I started my "big grow." I know it can't last forever though. My last two inches look ok but are starting to feel pretty damaged.

I can't take good hair pics alone for the life of me either. Always have to ask for help. A full-body mirror would be so helpful there, but I'm sure all my pics would still end up weird, out of focus and somehow spazzed out. :lol:

How long have you been growing your hair out this time round?

almostghost
January 6th, 2019, 11:29 AM
I can't take good hair pics alone for the life of me either. Always have to ask for help. A full-body mirror would be so helpful there, but I'm sure all my pics would still end up weird, out of focus and somehow spazzed out. :lol:

How long have you been growing your hair out this time round?

There's a big mirror in my bathroom low enough to do a pic down to tailbone level or so, and I still have trouble taking hair shots with it. All the pros here make back-selfies look so easy! :lol:

I started from some sort of messy pixie thing around the beginning of 2017. Thinking back, I can't believe my ends aren't completely falling apart yet, because for 6 months or so before I decided to grow back out, I'd been trimming it myself with kitchen scissors. Oops. :bigeyes:

Ylva
January 6th, 2019, 11:38 AM
There's a big mirror in my bathroom low enough to do a pic down to tailbone level or so, and I still have trouble taking hair shots with it. All the pros here make back-selfies look so easy! :lol:

I started from some sort of messy pixie thing around the beginning of 2017. Thinking back, I can't believe my ends aren't completely falling apart yet, because for 6 months or so before I decided to grow back out, I'd been trimming it myself with kitchen scissors. Oops. :bigeyes:

So true! :D

Wow, your hair has grown a lot since then! Especially with the kitchen scissors considered!! :lol:

dagny
January 10th, 2019, 01:06 PM
I'm in! :)

My hair is currently a bit past waist, but it grows faster than average (2cm a month in the winter and I think I may grow faster in the summer). I am intending on doing regular trims to keep the hemline even and grow out some layers, so any "extra" length gained over average will be cut off.

Yiva -- your trim looks great, even though your fairy-tail ends also looked lovely. :-)

Ylva
January 10th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Welcome aboard, dagny! :)

Your hair is magnificent, so I can't wait to see what it'll look like at lengths like TBL or classic!

Thank you so much. :)

dagny
January 12th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Welcome aboard, dagny! :)

Your hair is magnificent, so I can't wait to see what it'll look like at lengths like TBL or classic!

Thank you so much. :)

Thank you for the kind words! :blossom:

I am curious to see how it will look, also. I got some more hair toys in the mail today (some Flexi's) and I can't wait to wear more protective styles now. Hopefully all of those times of wearing my hair down (and in the sun :steam ) won't find those parts of my hair to be more damaged over time.

Sparkles122
January 12th, 2019, 05:21 PM

How much does yours grow per month? I’m trying to estimate if I will make it to around tailbone also. I’m BSL length right now. I previously grew to hip length from almost BSL in a year and 6 months. I should probably measure where tailbone legnth is on me

almostghost
January 12th, 2019, 06:38 PM
How much does yours grow per month? I’m trying to estimate if I will make it to around tailbone also. I’m BSL length right now. I previously grew to hip length from almost BSL in a year and 6 months. I should probably measure where tailbone legnth is on me

Admittedly, I haven't done monthly measurements precise enough to be sure what my monthly growth rate is. I've been told my hair grows quickly by hairdressers before, but I don't want to assume that's actually true, heh. After all, they've also told me I have "a lot of hair!" when my circumference is actually quite average.

I've been basing my "how long will it take me to reach this length" on the average 6 inches per year growth rate. I did measure some milestones on my body recently, and I have about 11 more inches to reach tailbone. If I'm wrong and my growth rate is slower than average (or I decide I need to start trimming or my milestone measurements were off or something), well, then I'll fall short. My hair will still be longer than it's ever been so I'll be ok with it :p

Sparkles122
January 12th, 2019, 06:46 PM
Admittedly, I haven't done monthly measurements precise enough to be sure what my monthly growth rate is. I've been told my hair grows quickly by hairdressers before, but I don't want to assume that's actually true, heh. After all, they've also told me I have "a lot of hair!" when my circumference is actually quite average.

I've been basing my "how long will it take me to reach this length" on the average 6 inches per year growth rate. I did measure some milestones on my body recently, and I have about 11 more inches to reach tailbone. If I'm wrong and my growth rate is slower than average (or I decide I need to start trimming or my milestone measurements were off or something), well, then I'll fall short. My hair will still be longer than it's ever been so I'll be ok with it :p

Mine will be the longest its ever been also! I have about 12 inches to tailbone, i cant wait

Luna Starsetta
January 14th, 2019, 09:47 AM
Mine will be the longest its ever been also! I have about 12 inches to tailbone, i cant wait

I have to second that one, i'm a little past tailbone and i am also at the longest it has ever been.

Dark40
January 14th, 2019, 04:18 PM
I'm in! :)

My hair is currently a bit past waist, but it grows faster than average (2cm a month in the winter and I think I may grow faster in the summer). I am intending on doing regular trims to keep the hemline even and grow out some layers, so any "extra" length gained over average will be cut off.

Yiva -- your trim looks great, even though your fairy-tail ends also looked lovely. :-)

Hi, your hair is beautiful at that length! I gotta agree with Yiva. :) I can't wait to see it when it's at TBL or Classic too! I just love the slight waves and curls! :) My hair is about 2" below my waist too!

Ylva
January 14th, 2019, 07:23 PM
I find myself contemplating more bigger trims. We're not talking chop-size trims, but something like my monthly growth or a little more than that - basically so that my hair would either not gain any length or lose a little bit of it.

It's really tempting, because I want to thicken my hemline and get rid of more damage (it's addictive!), but I have to stay patient and keep the big picture in mind. Just steadily march towards BCL while microtrimming 0.5 cm every 5-6 weeks, and hopefully reach BCL sometime in the summer following this plan rather than getting off track.

Dark40
January 15th, 2019, 08:41 PM
Yiva, I think that's a good plan. Do microtrimming until all of the damage is gone, and you'll be fine. I think you'll make it to BCL during the summer. I know that I've got a few more inches to go before I make it to BCL. I've just made it to 2" below WL on last week after I relaxed and straightened my hair!!! Yay!!! :D So, I'm glad and excited that I've made this new milestone, and I'm not stalling anymore. Hope that I don't go through anymore stalls.

Ylva
January 16th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Yiva, I think that's a good plan. Do microtrimming until all of the damage is gone, and you'll be fine. I think you'll make it to BCL during the summer. I know that I've got a few more inches to go before I make it to BCL. I've just made it to 2" below WL on last week after I relaxed and straightened my hair!!! Yay!!! :D So, I'm glad and excited that I've made this new milestone, and I'm not stalling anymore. Hope that I don't go through anymore stalls.

That's cool about relaxing your hair. Have you thought more about lightening it or have you done it already? :) Would love to see pics of your current hair!

Dark40
January 16th, 2019, 05:08 PM
That's cool about relaxing your hair. Have you thought more about lightening it or have you done it already? :) Would love to see pics of your current hair!

Thanks. Yes, I'm still thinking about lightening my hair. No, I haven't done it yet. I think I'm going to make plans on doing it this coming weekend. You see, with the kind of relaxer I use you have to wait 2 weeks or 14 days before you can use any type of coloring or permanent coloring, and I also have to be careful in not to use a lightener with this relaxer. Because, it will cause breakage. I can use plain old hair color that will lighten my hair in just one step. Because, I've done it before. I can't wait to do it too, and take some recent photos and post them on here in my album so that you can see my current hair! I bet you would love to see my current hair!

MidnightMoon
January 16th, 2019, 06:09 PM
I would like to see your hair, Dark40. I think I have never seen it, in fact ;)

Luna Starsetta
January 17th, 2019, 05:04 PM
i have found a thread that suits me better so i'll be off all. happy growing and best of luck!

Dark40
January 17th, 2019, 05:09 PM
I would like to see your hair, Dark40. I think I have never seen it, in fact ;)

Yes, that's right. You have never seen my hair. I have a photo of my hair in my album on my profile :D

It's a photo of the way it looked a year ago. I don't have a recent photo of the way it looks right now. Because, it has grown some since within a year from now. :) And, I need to get my mom or someone to take a picture of the back of my head, and put it on the computer.

Dark40
January 17th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Ok Luna Starsetta! Thank you for the good luck! Happy growing to you too!

Ylva
January 17th, 2019, 05:28 PM
i have found a thread that suits me better so i'll be off all. happy growing and best of luck!

I saw that you're going for FTL by the end of this year. This is the classic by 2020 thread. Those are quite far apart, have you checked that the years are correct for you?

MidnightMoon
January 17th, 2019, 06:11 PM
Sadly, classic and FTL are not really far apart on me :lol:

Ylva
January 17th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Sadly, classic and FTL are not really far apart on me :lol:

Not on me either, but the end of 2019 and 2020 are a year apart. ;)

joylightbeauty
January 17th, 2019, 07:52 PM
I would like to join in. I think reaching Classic by then is doable for me if my hair grows fast like it usually does. I just reached hip length.

Dark40
January 17th, 2019, 07:56 PM
Congratulations joylightbeauty on reaching hip length! :) I'm looking forward to reaching hip length this coming spring if my hair continues to grow fast like it is now without and stalls.

joylightbeauty
January 17th, 2019, 08:04 PM
Congratulations joylightbeauty on reaching hip length! :) I'm looking forward to reaching hip length this coming spring if my hair continues to grow fast like it is now without and stalls.
Thanks so much! I think I’m in a slow growing phase now because of winter. I’m sure you will get there by spring.��

Dark40
January 17th, 2019, 08:12 PM
Thanks so much! I think I’m in a slow growing phase now because of winter. I’m sure you will get there by spring.��

You're welcome very much! Yeah, I was going through a slow-growth phase too! During the summer of last year. I was at MBL for a long while. Then, all of a sudden my hair now two inches below WL! I hope with my hair growing an inch a month I'm also sure I'll get there this spring too :)

I know that sounds like more than what most people grow but I think my hair naturally grows 2cm per month. Or, about an inch per month.

Ylva
January 17th, 2019, 08:14 PM
I would like to join in. I think reaching Classic by then is doable for me if my hair grows fast like it usually does. I just reached hip length.

I think I’m in a slow growing phase now because of winter.

Welcome to the thread! :)

I'm also experiencing slower growth at the moment. I think it's due to a mix of winter (the temperatures are very low here at the moment, brushing -20 Celsius degrees) and me going through a long flu. I'm not stressing about it, though. It'll return to normal in no time. :)

joylightbeauty
January 17th, 2019, 08:25 PM
You're welcome very much! Yeah, I was going through a slow-growth phase too! During the summer of last year. I was at MBL for a long while. Then, all of a sudden my hair now two inches below WL! I hope with my hair growing an inch a month I'm also sure I'll get there this spring too :)

I know that sounds like more than what most people grow but I think my hair naturally grows 2cm per month. Or, about an inch per month. that’s great you’ve reached below WL. yeah, I know what you mean. my usual growth rate at my healthiest is an inch to inch and a quarter per month. It is more than most people I know. Last little while has been a little less maybe because of stress, but I feel like it will pick back up again. :)

joylightbeauty
January 17th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the thread! :)

I'm also experiencing slower growth at the moment. I think it's due to a mix of winter (the temperatures are very low here at the moment, brushing -20 Celsius degrees) and me going through a long flu. I'm not stressing about it, though. It'll return to normal in no time. :)

I hope you feel better soon! It is rough being sick while it’s so cold, too. Yeah I do think really cold weather stalls it out as well as bring sick/ stress. Yes, it will return to your normal rate. :D

Dark40
January 17th, 2019, 08:34 PM
that’s great you’ve reached below WL. yeah, I know what you mean. my usual growth rate at my healthiest is an inch to inch and a quarter per month. It is more than most people I know. Last little while has been a little less maybe because of stress, but I feel like it will pick back up again. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I also think when my hair is at it's healthiest my growth rate is an inch or a quarter of an inch per month too. Yes, it is more than most people. Because, they say the average growth rate is .5 per month. Yeah, when I get stressed out like I was last summer my hair growth rate slows down too but now that the stress is over it has picked back up again. :) And yes, yours will pick back up again I'm sure too. :)

joylightbeauty
January 17th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I also think when my hair is at it's healthiest my growth rate is an inch or a quarter of an inch per month too. Yes, it is more than most people. Because, they say the average growth rate is .5 per month. Yeah, when I get stressed out like I was last summer my hair growth rate slows down too but now that the stress is over it has picked back up again. :) And yes, yours will pick back up again I'm sure too. :) stress really does take a toll on us. Glad to hear your stressful time is over. And I didn’t even know the average growth rate until I joined this forum. I’ve learned so much already.

Dark40
January 17th, 2019, 09:02 PM
stress really does take a toll on us. Glad to hear your stressful time is over. And I didn’t even know the average growth rate until I joined this forum. I’ve learned so much already.

yes it does take a toll on us. Yes, I'm glad my stressful time is over too. You didn't know the average growth rate until you joined this forum? Wow! Yes, I've been a long time member since 2010, and I've learned a lot too. Yes, you can learn a lot of from us.

joylightbeauty
January 18th, 2019, 07:44 AM
yes it does take a toll on us. Yes, I'm glad my stressful time is over too. You didn't know the average growth rate until you joined this forum? Wow! Yes, I've been a long time member since 2010, and I've learned a lot too. Yes, you can learn a lot of from us.
I guess I just never thought about it. lol

Ylva
January 18th, 2019, 08:03 AM
I heard 0.5” after joining here, too. Around here (geographical area), people always say that the average growth rate is around 1 cm a month, but 0.5” = 1.27 cm. I wonder if there are regional differences (I’m sure there are to some degree, due to genetics and the environment), or if 0.5 and 1 are just convenient numbers and in reality they’re after the same thing?

joylightbeauty
January 18th, 2019, 08:13 AM
I heard 0.5” after joining here, too. Around here (geographical area), people always say that the average growth rate is around 1 cm a month, but 0.5” = 1.27 cm. I wonder if there are regional differences (I’m sure there are to some degree, due to genetics and the environment), or if 0.5 and 1 are just convenient numbers and in reality they’re after the same thing?

I'm glad I'm not the only one to learn this from here. :) Yes, I agree those numbers may be convenient and after the same thing.

MidnightMoon
January 18th, 2019, 08:45 AM

I think that's overthinking it, and might have more to do with the fact that we don't use inches in Europe, or anywhere in the world aside from the United States, on a daily basis, as far as I know. And it's much easier to say 1cm than 1.27, that sounds too exact and harder to remember.
I also think there's more important factors that would affect people's growth, even within the same area. We all have different genes even if we look similar, so I'd think our nutrition and health in general, hormones, stress levels, and the like play a more important role.

Ylva
January 18th, 2019, 11:52 AM
I think that's overthinking it, and might have more to do with the fact that we don't use inches in Europe, or anywhere in the world aside from the United States, on a daily basis, as far as I know. And it's much easier to say 1cm than 1.27, that sounds too exact and harder to remember.
I also think there's more important factors that would affect people's growth, even within the same area. We all have different genes even if we look similar, so I'd think our nutrition and health in general, hormones, stress levels, and the like play a more important role.

That's precisely what I was suggesting with the 'convenient numbers', so I don't see the point in repeating that. I took all of that in consideration when thinking about it. I'm a dabbler in genetics, so yes, I do know people aren't genetically identical even if they look similar. :lol: Either way, to me it's not overthinking, I like to ponder on stuff like this.

ETA: Nutritional differences are in some cases also tied to geographical regions. Even if it's not just about genetics, it can still vary regionally.

Luna Starsetta
January 18th, 2019, 12:43 PM
I saw that you're going for FTL by the end of this year. This is the classic by 2020 thread. Those are quite far apart, have you checked that the years are correct for you?

Yes I am sure I am closer to classic then I realized if I gain 0.5" per month about 4 more months I'll be at classic. By Christmas or NYE I should be at FTL. I also misread the year I could be at knee by 2020 if i gain 6 inches in a year like I have last year.

MidnightMoon
January 18th, 2019, 05:32 PM
That's precisely what I was suggesting with the 'convenient numbers', so I don't see the point in repeating that. I took all of that in consideration when thinking about it. I'm a dabbler in genetics, so yes, I do know people aren't genetically identical even if they look similar. :lol: Either way, to me it's not overthinking, I like to ponder on stuff like this.

ETA: Nutritional differences are in some cases also tied to geographical regions. Even if it's not just about genetics, it can still vary regionally.

Well it didn't seem clear, that's why I said it. It's my opinion on why that happens anyway...

Ylva
January 18th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Well it didn't seem clear, that's why I said it. It's my opinion on why that happens anyway...

Okay. :thumbsup:

On another note, I decided to change my "official" goal length to TBL instead of classic. I'm still going for classic, but TBL feels more obtainable since my hair was there just a while ago, and I think I will hang out there for a little bit to thicken my hemline, unless it's thick enough for my taste by then from microtrimming.

In all honesty, even if I was only ever able to reach TBL with a thick hemline, I would be pretty satisfied with that. I find that length unusually aesthetically pleasing.

Dark40
January 18th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Okay. :thumbsup:

On another note, I decided to change my "official" goal length to TBL instead of classic. I'm still going for classic, but TBL feels more obtainable since my hair was there just a while ago, and I think I will hang out there for a little bit to thicken my hemline, unless it's thick enough for my taste by then from microtrimming.

In all honesty, even if I was only ever able to reach TBL with a thick hemline, I would be pretty satisfied with that. I find that length unusually aesthetically pleasing.

Oh, ok cool! So, you've changed your mind about your goal length to TBL instead of classic? Yeah, I bet with your hair type and texture being fine it's hard to keep a thick hemline at classic length. I think your hair looks nice at TBL! Like what you've said, "I've had it at that length a while ago." You can maintain it there.

littlestarface
January 18th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Oh, ok cool! So, you've changed your mind about your goal length to TBL instead of classic? Yeah, I bet with your hair type and texture being fine it's hard to keep a thick hemline at classic length. I think your hair looks nice at TBL! Like what you've said, "I've had it at that length a while ago." You can maintain it there.

This is one weird reply.

Ylva
January 18th, 2019, 06:17 PM

Err... No. It's just a temporary goal. I'm still going for classic after that. Think of it like... I'm parking my hair there for a while, unless I feel comfortable continuing towards classic straight away.

For the record, this is my hemline at BCL/TBL-ish (I'm leaning forward) about a year ago when I hadn't yet damaged my hair terribly.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32990&d=1534022862

I think it's totally possible for me to have a thick hemline at classic once the damage is gone... even with my hair being fine. :rolleyes:

almostghost
January 18th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Err... No. It's just a temporary goal. I'm still going for classic after that. Think of it like... I'm parking my hair there for a while, unless I feel comfortable continuing towards classic straight away.

For the record, this is my hemline at BCL/TBL-ish (I'm leaning forward) about a year ago when I hadn't yet damaged my hair terribly.

[/IMG]

I think it's totally possible for me to have a thick hemline at classic once the damage is gone... even with my hair being fine. :rolleyes:

Gosh, sorry I keep intruding on this thread, knowing I won't be able to reach classic by the end of 2020, but I have to say that photo looks great! :D I can see why you're excited to get back to that and then maintain a while to get that nice thick hemline. Mine has never been that long, but my hair type seems to be quite similar to yours (only darker and I lost some of my wave to henna) so this gives me hope that my hair might look nice once I reach that length too. :)

AmaryllisRed
January 18th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Yeah I don't technically belong here either but I just had to pop in and say that's a stunning photo, Ylva! And I'm sure you can get back to that in time. :)

Ylva
January 18th, 2019, 08:12 PM
Gosh, sorry I keep intruding on this thread, knowing I won't be able to reach classic by the end of 2020, but I have to say that photo looks great! :D I can see why you're excited to get back to that and then maintain a while to get that nice thick hemline. Mine has never been that long, but my hair type seems to be quite similar to yours (only darker and I lost some of my wave to henna) so this gives me hope that my hair might look nice once I reach that length too. :)

You're welcome to intrude anytime! :) Thank you so much! Looking at that pic, I really regret damaging my hair, but oh well, what's done is done! The only way is forward, and I know I'll get back there someday. :) I bet your hair will look even nicer than mine, since you realise not to damage it, unlike me!

Yeah I don't technically belong here either but I just had to pop in and say that's a stunning photo, Ylva! And I'm sure you can get back to that in time. :)

Thank you so much! :flower:

femmefatale
January 18th, 2019, 11:59 PM
I'm joining
I'm at 27.5 cm now and classic would be 40-42
So 12 inches and 24 months
I think its doable

Ylva
January 19th, 2019, 12:30 PM
I'm joining
I'm at 27.5 cm now and classic would be 40-42
So 12 inches and 24 months
I think its doable

Yep, that sounds doable! Especially if you refrain from trimming too much, or if your monthly growth is a bit more than average. Welcome! :)

Dark40
January 19th, 2019, 06:12 PM
This is one weird reply.

What is so weird about that?

Dark40
January 19th, 2019, 06:17 PM

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32990&d=1534022862

Ohhhh, ok I see. Yeah, for right now I'm parking my hair at HL/TBL-ish too. But hopefully sometime in 2020 I will have reached classic. Wiw, your hair is so pretty at that length! :)

Oh, I also believe you can still have a thick hemline with fine hair. :rolleyes: Because, I've seen it in real life on others.

Ylva
January 20th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Wiw, your hair is so pretty at that length! :)

Thank you!

Dark40
January 20th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Thank you!

You're welcome!

Ylva
January 23rd, 2019, 12:08 AM
Cross posting this pic a bit so sorry about that.

https://i.ibb.co/h7rw2pd/hiukset210119.jpg

I'm still undecided on whether to skip my microtrim in mid-February. If I do skip it, I'll go with these ends until at least late March. My ends feel decent as they are, and I'm retaining the thickness well so far after my New Year's chop of about 10 cm (but of course it hasn't been that long since then yet). I do want to get rid of the damaged ~half of my length, but at the same time, it would be fun to reach BCL again pretty soon.

Groovy Granny
August 21st, 2019, 08:35 PM
Hi :waving:

I decided to go for classic and should reach it stretched a year from now seeing I am stopping all trims.....and should be very close unstretched at Christmas.

I'm in.....is anyone still doing this challenge? :eye:

Let's grow :cheer:

Dark40
August 23rd, 2019, 04:15 PM
Hi Groovy Granny :waving: Welcome to the thread! :)
I wish you lots of luck reaching your goal to classic within a year from now! I'm also in this thread too. Yes, if you really want to reach classic length by Christmas of next you really need to stop the trimming unless you really need to trim off split ends. I'm looking forward to reaching that length too next year! I am so glad you've decided to get on the train and ride with us on this journey too!

Groovy Granny
August 23rd, 2019, 05:44 PM
Hi :waving: That's great; glad to have the company :)

I never have splits (knock on wood lol); how about you?

My :scissors: are put away in the closet :wannabe:

Dark40
August 23rd, 2019, 06:53 PM
Yes, I'm glad for the company too. :)
I also never have splits either. The only thing I have is dry ends, and I have to keep them moisturized so they don't split.
That's great that the :scissors: are put away in the closet :wannabe angel:
I always hide my :scissors: so that I don't get tempted to trim..lol

Groovy Granny
August 23rd, 2019, 08:21 PM
I love trimming; my hemline feels so nice and thick after....so away they go; out of sight is out of mind ;)

It will be interesting to see if my hemline fairy tales over the next year too :eye:

I don't think I have gone beyond 6 months with no trims before... and probably dusted even then :hmm:

Dark40
August 24th, 2019, 07:10 PM
I also love trimming too but more like just trimming of the tips of the ends. No more than that. When I trim my hair that's all I trim to even up my hemline. I also love a blunt thick hemline too. :D

I bet it would be interesting to see if your hemline fairy tales over the next year. Yes, keep an eye on it.

Before I joined here at the LHC I have never gone beyond 6 months without trimming ether....not even dusting :hmmm:

I would always get the "scissors: out and trim every time I thought I saw splits.

Groovy Granny
August 24th, 2019, 09:42 PM
I usually just snip racer hairs, but then like to deepen my U hemline etc etc :whistle:

It is a good thing I don't have splits, because I would be fanatical about it and end up with very thin, stringy hair :rollin:

Milady_DeWinter
August 25th, 2019, 02:11 AM
Hi :waving:

I decided to go for classic and should reach it stretched a year from now seeing I am stopping all trims.....and should be very close unstretched at Christmas.

I'm in.....is anyone still doing this challenge? :eye:

Yay GG, welcome! I recently trimmed about 1" and won't trim again until january. Now that I am almost TBL (I actually hitted it but trimmed, by october or so I'll be there again) classic looks like something very achievable! I hope to be classic by november next year, trims included. So I am still in! :o

Groovy Granny
August 25th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Yay GG, welcome! I recently trimmed about 1" and won't trim again until january. Now that I am almost TBL (I actually hitted it but trimmed, by october or so I'll be there again) classic looks like something very achievable! I hope to be classic by november next year, trims included. So I am still in! :o

Hi Milady :waving: long time no see!
I am happy to have more company on the journey :grouphug:
Happy growing :cheer:

Proverbs31
August 25th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Hey, mind if I join the fun? =) I'm at 26-27 inches and Classic is about 35-37 inches on me - I grow about .5-.75 inches a month, so hopefully it's doable!

Groovy Granny
August 25th, 2019, 01:07 PM
The more the merrier ....you'll be pretty close if you don't trim :cheer:

Dark40
August 25th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Hey Proverbs31! Welcome to the forum! :) Sure, you can join in the fun. Them more the merrier like Groovy Granny said...LOL
I agree with Groovy Granny. If you don't trim you'll be pretty close to it. :cheer:

RottenMango
August 25th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Classic length is my goal for 2020 as well.

Groovy Granny
August 25th, 2019, 08:06 PM
Classic length is my goal for 2020 as well.

Great :thumbsup:

Ylva
August 26th, 2019, 07:02 AM
A warm welcome to GG, Proverbz and RottenMango! :)

I’m still going for this goal for sure. I’m about halfway between hip and BCL at the moment, expecting to hit BCL around New Year. From there to TBL is very short on me, and I have a rather small butt so classic by the end of next year might be doable, but I’ll have to re-evaluate later.

Groovy Granny
August 26th, 2019, 01:20 PM

I’m still going for this goal for sure. I’m about halfway between hip and BCL at the moment, expecting to hit BCL around New Year. From there to TBL is very short on me, and I have a rather small butt so classic by the end of next year might be doable, but I’ll have to re-evaluate later.

Thanks...it's great to hear you are still in it :thumbsup:

Dark40
August 26th, 2019, 05:17 PM

I'm also glad to see that you're still in it too :thumbsup:

Ylva
August 30th, 2019, 06:15 AM
Aye, I've been a bit quiet here for the past few weeks due to personal reasons (which I've written about in the members-only area). :)

How is your growth journey progressing, Dark40?

Dark40
August 30th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Aye, I've been a bit quiet here for the past few weeks due to personal reasons (which I've written about in the members-only area). :)

How is your growth journey progressing, Dark40?

Yes, I've noticed that you've been kinda quiet here for the past few weeks. Oh, ok. I will check it out what you've written in the members-only area. :)

My hair growth journey isn't going to well. :( I'm not seeing any new hair growth at all. It's like it's staying at the same length for the last 7 months. I'm making plans to go to my doctor to get some blood work done with a hematologist after my actual doctor found ferritin serum numbers being abnormal or too high. So, I'm going see a hematologist about it. Because, I might be anemic. So, I'm going next Tuesday afternoon to see what he/she says what I should do. So, that's what is going on with me. I know that my diet don't contain enough iron. I do take a multivitamin daily but that might not be enough iron for me for the day. But I do eat a lot of meat daily. So, that's why I don't understand how I could be anemic. :shrug:

Ylva
September 2nd, 2019, 08:32 AM
Yes, I've noticed that you've been kinda quiet here for the past few weeks. Oh, ok. I will check it out what you've written in the members-only area. :)

My hair growth journey isn't going to well. :( I'm not seeing any new hair growth at all. It's like it's staying at the same length for the last 7 months. I'm making plans to go to my doctor to get some blood work done with a hematologist after my actual doctor found ferritin serum numbers being abnormal or too high. So, I'm going see a hematologist about it. Because, I might be anemic. So, I'm going next Tuesday afternoon to see what he/she says what I should do. So, that's what is going on with me. I know that my diet don't contain enough iron. I do take a multivitamin daily but that might not be enough iron for me for the day. But I do eat a lot of meat daily. So, that's why I don't understand how I could be anemic. :shrug:

That's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that.

Meat grown on the US soil is much poorer nutrient-wise than European meat because the land is so depleted of minerals. Also, many things in the body work together, so even though you "should" be getting enough iron from those sources, it might not be put to use in the ideal way.

I hope you get these issues resolved soon. :)

Dark40
September 3rd, 2019, 03:29 PM
That's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that.

Meat grown on the US soil is much poorer nutrient-wise than European meat because the land is so depleted of minerals. Also, many things in the body work together, so even though you "should" be getting enough iron from those sources, it might not be put to use in the ideal way.

I hope you get these issues resolved soon. :)

Yes, you are right about US meat grown on their soil poorer than European meat because the land is so depleted of minerals. That is soooo very true. I have some good news! I saw the hematologist today, and she said my blood work looks normal. They took some more blood for more test, and I should get the results tomorrow! But she really said, "I don't have no worries!" I am so happy about that! :) So, I'm getting enough iron then.

Ylva
September 5th, 2019, 03:39 AM
Yes, you are right about US meat grown on their soil poorer than European meat because the land is so depleted of minerals. That is soooo very true. I have some good news! I saw the hematologist today, and she said my blood work looks normal. They took some more blood for more test, and I should get the results tomorrow! But she really said, "I don't have no worries!" I am so happy about that! :) So, I'm getting enough iron then.

I'm happy to hear that! I hope your hair growth picks back up again soon then. :)

Dark40
September 7th, 2019, 04:26 PM
I'm happy to hear that! I hope your hair growth picks back up again soon then. :)

Thank you! Yes, I hope my hair growth picks back up again soon too. :) Hey, I'm seriously still thinking about going blonde. I know I've dyed my hair dark or dark brown but I am very happy to say since I've been shampooing during every wash. Which is once or twice a week the color has started fading to a brown color already!!! :D I have found that I don't like the dark color on me. Even though my natural hair color is medium brown. I've went from brown to blonde before 3 years ago. I remember dyeing my hair black but the color faded out to a dark brown, and put the blonde dye over the dark brown, and it turned into a nice reddish color!

Hiyotoris
September 7th, 2019, 04:53 PM
I'm hoping I can make this! I'm currently at BSL, however I am very short and my hair grows pretty average (when I leave it alone in protective styles! Ha) So i think I could make it, if not I could defo make hip at least.

Groovy Granny
September 9th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Well...only 3 weeks in and I am OUT :o

I keep cutting back from TBL to WL/Hip (? 3x now.... not including this consideration).

My silver is super fine and wispy and I have been fighting tangles this past month going past TBL; plus it gets annoying as I like wearing it down at times.

So....good luck and have fun :waving:

ETA:I cut back to Hip and am very happy :flower:

Ylva
September 10th, 2019, 08:00 AM
Thank you! Yes, I hope my hair growth picks back up again soon too. :) Hey, I'm seriously still thinking about going blonde. I know I've dyed my hair dark or dark brown but I am very happy to say since I've been shampooing during every wash. Which is once or twice a week the color has started fading to a brown color already!!! :D I have found that I don't like the dark color on me. Even though my natural hair color is medium brown. I've went from brown to blonde before 3 years ago. I remember dyeing my hair black but the color faded out to a dark brown, and put the blonde dye over the dark brown, and it turned into a nice reddish color!

It would be awesome to see how your hair looks blonde. :)

I'm hoping I can make this! I'm currently at BSL, however I am very short and my hair grows pretty average (when I leave it alone in protective styles! Ha) So i think I could make it, if not I could defo make hip at least.

You're most welcome to stick around and grow with us and just see how far you get! :)

Well...only 3 weeks in and I am OUT :o

I keep cutting back from TBL to WL/Hip (? 3x now.... not including this consideration).

My silver is super fine and wispy and I have been fighting tangles this past month going past TBL; plus it gets annoying as I like wearing it down at times.

So....good luck and have fun :waving:

You've found your happy spot and that's great! Enjoy, GG! :)

Dark40
September 10th, 2019, 03:26 PM
It would be awesome to see how your hair looks blonde. :)

You're most welcome to stick around and grow with us and just see how far you get! :)

You've found your happy spot and that's great! Enjoy, GG! :)

Yes, I know. I can't wait to do it blonde myself. :) I just hope that I suffer too much damage. I have a good feeling that I won't since I've just using color, and not bleach.

Ylva
September 12th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Yes, I know. I can't wait to do it blonde myself. :) I just hope that I suffer too much damage. I have a good feeling that I won't since I've just using color, and not bleach.

Good luck! Can’t wait to see how it turns out. :)

Dark40
September 12th, 2019, 11:40 AM

Thank you! When I do it I will try to post some pics on here. :)

Ylva
September 24th, 2019, 04:20 PM
How is everybody doing?

Dark40
September 24th, 2019, 04:52 PM

Thanks! I can't wait to see how it turns out too. :)

First, I need to get rid of the dark brown hair dye. Then do it blonde.

Ylva
October 14th, 2019, 06:13 AM
My current length, on my way back to BCL (hands indicate BCL and hip).

https://i.ibb.co/7GPR4SB/waytobcl.jpg

Hopefully, I can get away with trimming off just 1 cm around New Year, so there are no more big setbacks.

femmefatale
October 14th, 2019, 09:36 AM
I reached 33 inches
That would be 5.5 inches in 9 months
I think I'll be able to reach classic by next year for sure
I hope to get an even hemline after that
I cut my hair in layers....deeply regretting it now

Milady_DeWinter
October 14th, 2019, 10:07 AM
I'm so into it! I will hit Classic at 42", so less than 4" to go, yay! I grow about 4" a year (or 6" without trims), so I can even trim a bit extra and will be there by Christmas 2020 :happydance:

Ylva
October 17th, 2019, 07:08 AM
I reached 33 inches
That would be 5.5 inches in 9 months
I think I'll be able to reach classic by next year for sure
I hope to get an even hemline after that
I cut my hair in layers....deeply regretting it now

Welcome to the thread, femmefatale! Your hair looks gorgeous either way, I didn't even notice the layers to be fair.

I'm so into it! I will hit Classic at 42", so less than 4" to go, yay! I grow about 4" a year (or 6" without trims), so I can even trim a bit extra and will be there by Christmas 2020 :happydance:

Wohoo! Let's go! :happydance: :happydance:

elise.autumn
November 21st, 2019, 09:24 PM
Oh hey! I didn't know there was a thread for this. I think I will hit classic by Christmas. At least, the very tippy ends stretched are already barely classic, I'm just waiting a a month or two longer to call it official.

Forever
November 22nd, 2019, 01:39 PM
Oh hey! I didn't know there was a thread for this. I think I will hit classic by Christmas. At least, the very tippy ends stretched are already barely classic, I'm just waiting a a month or two longer to call it official.

Then I guess this is the thread you are looking for: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144594

elise.autumn
November 22nd, 2019, 02:37 PM
Forever hah yes you are right :) thank you

Ylva
January 1st, 2020, 10:51 AM
I'm spamming all of my growth-related threads with my starting photo for this year to keep them up-to-date.

BCL is close. I'm still not sure if I will reach proper classic this year. I'll have to re-evaluate in the summer. :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39579&d=1577900185

Laurelin
January 6th, 2020, 08:07 PM
I'm in! :D I'm around 5-7cm (circa 2 inch) away from classic at the moment with dry hair or around 2-3cm (circa 1 inch) with wet hair pulled down so it should be quite do-able in one year :o I'm just a little bit worried about potential damage, hair ends thinning and possible needing a small chop some time in the year which could set me back by a bit.

femmefatale
January 22nd, 2020, 09:59 AM
Heyyy
I’m back
I reached tailbone length when stretched !!!
I’ll post a photo soon !!

BerrySara
January 22nd, 2020, 10:03 AM
I'm spamming all of my growth-related threads with my starting photo for this year to keep them up-to-date.

BCL is close. I'm still not sure if I will reach proper classic this year. I'll have to re-evaluate in the summer. :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39579&d=1577900185

What a stunning photo Ylva! Your hair and texture look amazing and the back drop is magical.

Ylva
January 23rd, 2020, 07:46 AM
I'm in! :D I'm around 5-7cm (circa 2 inch) away from classic at the moment with dry hair or around 2-3cm (circa 1 inch) with wet hair pulled down so it should be quite do-able in one year :o I'm just a little bit worried about potential damage, hair ends thinning and possible needing a small chop some time in the year which could set me back by a bit.

I'm replying to your post late, but welcome to the thread! :) That is definitely easily doable, and you can even afford to trim.

Heyyy
I’m back
I reached tailbone length when stretched !!!
I’ll post a photo soon !!

Your hair is absolutely stunning!

What a stunning photo Ylva! Your hair and texture look amazing and the back drop is magical.

Thank you so much, BerrySara!

Milady_DeWinter
January 23rd, 2020, 08:03 AM
Still here!

I need 2.5" to get there, yay!!! I will trim a bit during the journey, but even with trims I'll be classic by autumn, and full classic by Yule. Can't wait! :cheer:

Dutchbraids
January 23rd, 2020, 11:37 PM
Is it too late to join the thread?
My hair is 3 to 4 inches short of classic at the moment, so it should be easy for me to get there by the holidays. I also signed up for the No trimming 2020 challenge, so between the two I should be good!

femmefatale
January 24th, 2020, 05:03 AM
I’m so excited for this year
Classic has been my goal since years !!

lapushka
January 24th, 2020, 07:02 AM

I hope you reach it 2020! Good luck to you & happy growing. Your hair looks absolutely fabulous! You took (are taking) good care of it; it shows!

MermaidDreads
January 28th, 2020, 06:24 PM
I'd like to join. I originally was hoping to make classic by the end of 2019. I was on track and all was looking good until the last few months of the year when my growth rate slowed down to almost nothing. It's growing again and I think I should make classic sometime around April this year. I was so disappointed that I didn't make classic that I let a friend put extensions in. She had been after me for about a year wanting to extend my dreadlocks. I always said no but this time I caved. She was originally going to extend down to knee but we ended up going just about halfway between classic and knee.the instant growth and weight has been a lot to get used to but kind of fun.
So I'm not counting the extensions as my true hair I'm still a couple of inches away from classic.
My plan is to trim a half inch a month off of the extensions until they're all trimmed off.

Ylva
January 29th, 2020, 12:03 AM
Still here!

I need 2.5" to get there, yay!!! I will trim a bit during the journey, but even with trims I'll be classic by autumn, and full classic by Yule. Can't wait! :cheer:

Very exciting! :)

Is it too late to join the thread?
My hair is 3 to 4 inches short of classic at the moment, so it should be easy for me to get there by the holidays. I also signed up for the No trimming 2020 challenge, so between the two I should be good!

It won't be too late to join until it's '21! Welcome and happy growing! :)

Same here!

I'd like to join. I originally was hoping to make classic by the end of 2019. I was on track and all was looking good until the last few months of the year when my growth rate slowed down to almost nothing. It's growing again and I think I should make classic sometime around April this year. I was so disappointed that I didn't make classic that I let a friend put extensions in. She had been after me for about a year wanting to extend my dreadlocks. I always said no but this time I caved. She was originally going to extend down to knee but we ended up going just about halfway between classic and knee.the instant growth and weight has been a lot to get used to but kind of fun.
So I'm not counting the extensions as my true hair I'm still a couple of inches away from classic.
My plan is to trim a half inch a month off of the extensions until they're all trimmed off.

Oooh, such long dreads sound really epic! Welcome to the thread!

---
It's time to do a length check this weekend and take a monthly length pic. I'm hoping to be at BCL soaking wet.

MermaidDreads
January 29th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Thank you Ylva. I love my dreads but seeing everyone's beautiful flowing hair makes me miss loose hair a bit.

Ylva
February 1st, 2020, 05:48 AM
Updated length shot for February! I should be at BCL next month. I suppose it looks okay right now when it comes to possibly reaching classic by the end of this year. And I don't mind if I don't get there as long as I'm somewhat close. :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40033&d=1580556803

femmefatale
February 1st, 2020, 07:21 AM
I hope you reach it 2020! Good luck to you & happy growing. Your hair looks absolutely fabulous! You took (are taking) good care of it; it shows!
I started washing once a week and that has made my life easier
Routine making has never been simpler:happydance:
Ylvai think we are at the same length now
Let’s get there together!

Ylva
February 1st, 2020, 09:55 AM
Ylvai think we are at the same length now
Let’s get there together!

Yeah, we look to be! But I feel like your hair got so long so fast that it might grow faster than mine. Still, happy to grow together with you! How tall are you, if I may ask? I'm 163 cm.

MermaidDreads
February 2nd, 2020, 02:33 AM
Ylva your hair is lovely. I'm excited to see how it progresses through the year.

MermaidDreads
February 2nd, 2020, 08:37 AM
I just trimmed a half inch off of the extensions. I love the added length but I don't like the feel of them. They are just not mine and I'll be happy when they're eventually trimmed off. I suppose it's how some people feel that are trimming off damage or bleach/color.
I generally take my monthly length shot around the middle of the month so I'll update in a couple of weeks.

Ylva
February 3rd, 2020, 01:09 AM
Ylva your hair is lovely. I'm excited to see how it progresses through the year.

I just trimmed a half inch off of the extensions. I love the added length but I don't like the feel of them. They are just not mine and I'll be happy when they're eventually trimmed off. I suppose it's how some people feel that are trimming off damage or bleach/color.
I generally take my monthly length shot around the middle of the month so I'll update in a couple of weeks.

Thank you so much!

I can sort of relate to that, however not exactly in the same way. The way I feel about my chemically damaged bit is that it's me but it's a part of me that belongs in the past and should be "cleansed away", it's old baggage from a time when I wasn't yet the person I am today. I don't mind it being there for the time being because I was that person not too long ago, but eventually, it should just go.

Looking forward to your update pic!

Ylva
February 21st, 2020, 03:41 PM
I did some measuring today (for the first time ever!), and it seems that my distance from BCL to classic is approximately 17 cm. I'm just about brushing BCL now (but I don't feel ready to call it just yet - maybe at the change of the months) so it seems like classic isn't within my reach this year. I don't really mind though. It'll be fun to see where I end up nonetheless. :)

TBL + a couple of months means venturing into uncharted territory, so I'm really looking forward to that!

Milady_DeWinter
February 26th, 2020, 02:23 AM
I did some measuring today (for the first time ever!), and it seems that my distance from BCL to classic is approximately 17 cm. I'm just about brushing BCL now (but I don't feel ready to call it just yet - maybe at the change of the months) so it seems like classic isn't within my reach this year. I don't really mind though. It'll be fun to see where I end up nonetheless. :)

TBL + a couple of months means venturing into uncharted territory, so I'm really looking forward to that!

Sounds good Ylva, don't stop hanging here with us! I'm pretty sure I'll achieve Classic this year, just not "visually" probably, due to curls... And who knows, may be you will have a growth spurt! I had one in January 2019, when I grew 1 inch within the month, but never again :p My growth path is an average 1,2cm/1/2", so I calculate my growth with it.

Ylva
February 26th, 2020, 07:53 AM
Sounds good Ylva, don't stop hanging here with us! I'm pretty sure I'll achieve Classic this year, just not "visually" probably, due to curls... And who knows, may be you will have a growth spurt! I had one in January 2019, when I grew 1 inch within the month, but never again :p My growth path is an average 1,2cm/1/2", so I calculate my growth with it.

Oh no, I won't! I'm still excited to see how close to classic I'll end up. Sometimes my hair surprises me. My growth rate is pretty identical to yours, 1-1.2 cm per month.

lapushka
February 26th, 2020, 09:24 AM

Aw, but you'll get close enough! Tiny steps, and you'll get there! :D

Ylva
February 26th, 2020, 09:39 AM
Aw, but you'll get close enough! Tiny steps, and you'll get there! :D

Either way, I'll be well past TBL so it's all good! :)

Ylva
February 28th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Updating the thread with my March length shot!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40438&d=1582899561

strawberrywine
March 21st, 2020, 10:38 AM
Looking good Ylva! I think I will join in this thread... I hope to at least make it stretched if not wavy. Got 3 or so inches to go

Milady_DeWinter
March 21st, 2020, 11:02 AM
Way to go, Ylva!!! :D

Here's my update too, need 2,5 inches to go:

https://i.imgur.com/4YG5fkpl.jpg

Ylva
March 21st, 2020, 01:53 PM
Looking good Ylva! I think I will join in this thread... I hope to at least make it stretched if not wavy. Got 3 or so inches to go

Thank you and welcome to the thread! :)

Thank you! :D

You're both so close!!

Dark40
March 22nd, 2020, 08:14 PM

https://i.imgur.com/4YG5fkpl.jpg

You go girl!!! :)
You are very close!!! Keep up the good work!

Milady_DeWinter
March 23rd, 2020, 12:15 AM
Thank you lots, Ylva and Dark :) It still feels way shorter, but the mirror don't lie.

Dark40
March 23rd, 2020, 10:13 AM
You're very welcome, Milady_DeWinter :) I bet it does still feels way shorter. No, the mirror doesn't lie. The beauty of your hair just seize to amaze me! :D Hey, even though I relax my hair twice a year....did you know that we are hair twins? When I don't have my hair relaxed. Or, when I let my hair air dry from a fresh wash it's rather wavy/curly like yours too! My hair type is also 2c/3a like yours too. So, we are hair twins! :D

I just prefer to relax my hair for managebility. Because, it's very very thick if I don't relax it. As you can see if my profile photo it is thick but it's not as thick as it can be as if it was naturally wavy/curly.

Ylva
April 3rd, 2020, 07:17 AM
April length update!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40836&d=1585919136

I still don't think I will reach classic by the end of this year but that's okay, I planned to maintain somewhere between TBL and FTL anyway while getting rid of damage, and as you can see I have stupidly short arms, small hands and short fingers, so that's not far below classic.

Bri-Chan
April 3rd, 2020, 10:13 AM
Beautiful hair, Ylva.

Ylva
April 4th, 2020, 04:08 AM
Beautiful hair, Ylva.

Thank you so much! :)

Ylva
April 30th, 2020, 02:05 PM
May length update. It looks shorter in this pic than it does in the April pic, but the roots do show growth. :shrug:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41179&d=1588276622

Laurelin
April 30th, 2020, 06:31 PM
You can definitely see the progress in your hair-growth Ylva :eek:

purple_omelette
April 30th, 2020, 06:48 PM
Your hair looks beautiful Ylva! I think classic by Christmas should be achievable (obviously depending on how fast your hair grows and how tall you are, which is impossible to tell from the picture!)
I have a similar goal to you, I'm currently sitting at a bit lower than tailbone and hope to hit classic in time for my wedding at the end of November :)

Ylva
May 1st, 2020, 04:31 AM
You can definitely see the progress in your hair-growth Ylva :eek:

Thank you! :)

Your hair looks beautiful Ylva! I think classic by Christmas should be achievable (obviously depending on how fast your hair grows and how tall you are, which is impossible to tell from the picture!)
I have a similar goal to you, I'm currently sitting at a bit lower than tailbone and hope to hit classic in time for my wedding at the end of November :)

Thank you! :) I don't think I will reach classic by Yule but that's okay. I just need there to be enough length beyond tailbone that I can do a big cut and still be at tailbone. That's my main goal, really. :)

How exciting that you have a wedding coming up! You should definitely hang out with us in this thread! :)

Dark40
May 1st, 2020, 10:36 AM
Your hair is beautiful, Ylva.

Ylva
May 1st, 2020, 10:47 AM
Your hair is beautiful, Ylva.

Thank you, Dark! :) Yours too!

purple_omelette
May 1st, 2020, 06:59 PM
Thank you! :) I don't think I will reach classic by Yule but that's okay. I just need there to be enough length beyond tailbone that I can do a big cut and still be at tailbone. That's my main goal, really. :)

How exciting that you have a wedding coming up! You should definitely hang out with us in this thread! :)

Ahh OK, well that is certainly achievable! :)

Hehe I'm definitely planning on hanging out on this forum in the lead up to my big day :) so far, I have been made to feel very welcome by all of the members here!

Dark40
May 1st, 2020, 07:33 PM
Thank you, Dark! :) Yours too!

You're welcome! :) Thank you! Hey, I shampooed my hair today with the Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo to brighten up my highlights and gray hairs, and it did! :D i also sprayed some highlightening spray on the ends that are still dark as well, and it's lightening up more to a light medium brown! So, hopefully, within 3 months from now my hair will be fully blonde!

Ylva
May 2nd, 2020, 08:12 AM
Ahh OK, well that is certainly achievable! :)

Hehe I'm definitely planning on hanging out on this forum in the lead up to my big day :) so far, I have been made to feel very welcome by all of the members here!

This place is certainly filled with warm-natured people. :)

You're welcome! :) Thank you! Hey, I shampooed my hair today with the Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo to brighten up my highlights and gray hairs, and it did! :D i also sprayed some highlightening spray on the ends that are still dark as well, and it's lightening up more to a light medium brown! So, hopefully, within 3 months from now my hair will be fully blonde!

That's cool, I've heard good things about the Shimmer Lights purple shampoo. It was probably the most popular one before the Fanola purple shampoo came around, but I'm personally not such a big fan of that one. It leaves my hair so murky-looking, not bright at all. Shimmer Lights is not available here, I think, so I haven't been able to try it, but I've got one new purple shampoo by the brand Milkshake waiting in my stash. It's a big 1-litre bottle which I will open once my current purple shampoo (Schwarzkopf) is used up.

It'll be cool to see what kind of tone you achieve in the end. :)

Dark40
May 2nd, 2020, 10:14 AM
This place is certainly filled with warm-natured people. :)

That's cool, I've heard good things about the Shimmer Lights purple shampoo. It was probably the most popular one before the Fanola purple shampoo came around, but I'm personally not such a big fan of that one. It leaves my hair so murky-looking, not bright at all. Shimmer Lights is not available here, I think, so I haven't been able to try it, but I've got one new purple shampoo by the brand Milkshake waiting in my stash. It's a big 1-litre bottle which I will open once my current purple shampoo (Schwarzkopf) is used up.

It'll be cool to see what kind of tone you achieve in the end. :)

Yes, it's been talked about a lot on youtube but I've been using it for years when I used to bleach my hair back in the early 2000's. Hmmm, I've never heard of the Fanola purple shampoo. But the Shimmer Lights is fantastic! Awww, that's a pitty you don't have it in your country. Can you order it online? Or, is it the shipping too costly for you? I bet you do really want to try it. Yes, it's best to wait until you've used up your 1 liter bottle of Milkshake purple shampoo first, and then see about ordering the Shimmer Lights. But everbody on youtube recommends that isn't not good for everyday use but I know another good purple shampoo that is excellent for blonde/silver, gray, and highlighted hair, and that is Pantene Pro-V Silve Expressions.

Oh yes, when I used the Shimmer Lights on my red highlights and gray hairs....the red highlights brightened up to a strawberry blonde, and the gray hairs brightened up to looking about white! :D So, it came out with really cool tones. I think when I do my overall hair color again within another 2 or 3 weeks from now it will lighten or brighten to a bright strawberry blonde all over! Oh well! That'll be fine for now. When you want to lighten from dark hair you always want to gradually lighten it. Instead drastically doing it. The Shimmer Lights I've done my research on google, and it said that Clairol recommend you use it twice a week. There is no need to use it daily.

Ylva
May 31st, 2020, 04:07 AM
I called tailbone, so now it's off to classic - not too hastily, though. I will be trimming some along the way.

I probably won't reach classic this year, but I should be there sometime next summer, maybe. :)

Belgrade Beauty
May 31st, 2020, 06:14 AM
I called tailbone, so now it's off to classic - not too hastily, though. I will be trimming some along the way.

I probably won't reach classic this year, but I should be there sometime next summer, maybe. :)

Congrats on you milestone!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! <3

Ylva
May 31st, 2020, 06:19 AM
Congrats on you milestone!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! <3

Thank you so much, dear Beauty! :love:

purple_omelette
May 31st, 2020, 09:42 PM
Congrats, Ylva! :D

purple_omelette
May 31st, 2020, 09:44 PM
I hit a mini-milestone today! While washing my hair in the shower, I discovered it is about halfway between TBL and CL when wet :O classic by Christmas looks a bit more achievable now!

Ylva
June 1st, 2020, 02:00 AM
Thank you, purple_omelette! :) That is an excellent mini-milestone, congrats!

purple_omelette
June 1st, 2020, 10:30 PM
Thank you, Ylva! :) Here are some images for reference

October 2019
https://i.ibb.co/SJsx702/10-2019-down.jpg (https://ibb.co/t3mhPcS)

April 2020
https://i.ibb.co/pPrX0QV/04-2020-down.jpg (https://ibb.co/ky6cHJb)

June 2020
https://i.ibb.co/yQ7rWnQ/02-06-20-length2.jpg (https://ibb.co/S3GzRX3)

I'm definitely seeing progress!

Ylva
June 15th, 2020, 07:50 AM
Awesome progress, omelette! I hope you don't mind me calling you that. I just thought it sounded cute!

purple_omelette
June 15th, 2020, 10:07 PM
Thank you, Ylva! :D Absolutely, I am happy to be omelette, purple, or any combination of the two :cool:

auburntressed
June 16th, 2020, 11:54 PM
I’m joining this thread. I don’t know if I will make it, but I am so close right now.

Ylva
August 11th, 2020, 05:14 AM
My updated length shot. It looks longer than I expected, but it might just be something random about this shot. You can't see it due to my pants, but classic is just a couple of cm above fingertip length for me.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42260&d=1597143699

I’m joining this thread. I don’t know if I will make it, but I am so close right now.

Welcome! :)

Techmouse
August 16th, 2020, 04:59 AM
Hi, I am joining this thread. I am at “classic, but damaged at the moment”, so I will be trimming about 2 inches off of the ends. I should be back at classic by Christmas as long as I get out of my lazy braids habit.

Carrie's hair
September 13th, 2020, 11:47 AM
Hi. I want to join! I have set myself a goal of getting to CL by November, but I think I'll sign up just in case. Recently, it seems to me that hair is growing less. I am supposed to be close, but still so far. Can you describe your care? Do you have any special product or ritual?

Ylva
September 14th, 2020, 02:53 AM
Hi, I am joining this thread. I am at “classic, but damaged at the moment”, so I will be trimming about 2 inches off of the ends. I should be back at classic by Christmas as long as I get out of my lazy braids habit.

Hi. I want to join! I have set myself a goal of getting to CL by November, but I think I'll sign up just in case. Recently, it seems to me that hair is growing less. I am supposed to be close, but still so far. Can you describe your care? Do you have any special product or ritual?

Welcome! :) It's fine to hang out here even if you reach CL by November, it's not like you must strictly reach it on Dec 22 in order to be in the thread. :D

My haircare routine has been WCC + LCO for quite a while now. WCC it was already years before joining the LHC, so as my hair growing has become more intentional, leave-ins have been the biggest addition. I imagine that my routine will simplify greatly as I get rid of chemical damage.

Carrie's hair
September 14th, 2020, 12:35 PM
Yes, bleached hair definitely needs more care and getting rid of it will simplify your care. My hair has never been chemically dyed. I only use herbs. I've always been lazy and regrowth would annoy me too much. When making cassia, sometimes with a bit of henna, I don't have this problem :D.

dagny
September 26th, 2020, 07:06 PM
My updated length shot. It looks longer than I expected, but it might just be something random about this shot. You can't see it due to my pants, but classic is just a couple of cm above fingertip length for me.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42260&d=1597143699

Looks great!

I am still on the way to classic, but not sure I will get there by Christmas 2020. I am doing the no cut challenge for 2020, so hoping this makes up for the growth stall I had after my illness.

It is so interesting to see where classic and fingertip length is on everyone! My classic length is nowhere near my fingertips -- my fingertips are about mid-thigh length on me.

Carrie's hair
September 27th, 2020, 06:27 AM
dagny me too. My hands are long and the tips of my fingers reach about the middle of my thigh. It's horrible because I thought I would try to get to FTL in the future, but it's such a long distance.

purple_omelette
September 29th, 2020, 02:32 AM

You're so close! :O

Ylva
September 29th, 2020, 04:24 AM
Thank you, dagny and omelette! :)

I really wish I had a bigger distance between classic and FTL. FTL feels like a pretty pointless milestone for me, and after that, the journey to mid-thigh is super long again. I would also like to be able to grow longer while still reaching my ends. I probably have short-ish arms as well, but I think the biggest "issue" is that my hands are TINY and I have short fingers. But what can you do.

purple_omelette
September 29th, 2020, 06:30 PM
Thank you, dagny and omelette! :)

I really wish I had a bigger distance between classic and FTL. FTL feels like a pretty pointless milestone for me, and after that, the journey to mid-thigh is super long again. I would also like to be able to grow longer while still reaching my ends. I probably have short-ish arms as well, but I think the biggest "issue" is that my hands are TINY and I have short fingers. But what can you do.

Indeed, the milestones vary massively depending on your proportions.

Carrie's hair
October 24th, 2020, 01:27 PM
I noticed that my hair had grown again. Recently, I was afraid that they stopped in place, but no. They are slowly growing.
How are you?

Ylva
October 24th, 2020, 01:49 PM
That's good news, Carrie's hair. I actually felt the same after I hit tailbone in the summer. For 2-3 months, I felt like my hair wasn't getting any longer.

Right now, my longest strands are maybe 3-4 cm away from classic. I think I won't quite make it there by the end of the year, but that's okay. :)

Carrie's hair
October 25th, 2020, 06:42 AM
It was exactly the same. I'm already starting to go crazy :D. I undercut 1 cm, because if they were not growing, what did I have to lose? And now I can see that it was a good step. I got some new length. I do not know how much. I did not measure. I have a year of growing on November 23, and then I will take the measurement.

Kalamazoo
October 27th, 2020, 11:28 AM
I probably won't quite make it to Classic by Christmas. I've got about 2.5 inches to go, & I'm out of Growth Spurt Season ~ but it'll be fun to try! But at least my hair's longer than it's ever been before, & I can cheer everybody else on!

Carrie's hair
October 27th, 2020, 02:47 PM
But stay with us. The more of us, the merrier :hifive:.
I also don't know if I can achieve my goal this year. So far I'm on the right track, although my hair is breaking a little. I don't know how to do anything about it. I think I take good care of them. I guess I have to wear them pinned up more often.

Kalamazoo
October 27th, 2020, 02:57 PM

What gorgeous hair!

purple_omelette
October 27th, 2020, 10:24 PM
Looks like I'm just shy of reaching classic by December as well...

Kalamazoo
October 28th, 2020, 12:31 PM
But stay with us. The more of us, the merrier :hifive:.
I also don't know if I can achieve my goal this year. So far I'm on the right track, although my hair is breaking a little. I don't know how to do anything about it. I think I take good care of them. I guess I have to wear them pinned up more often.

Thanks for the welcome, Carrie's hair! I think my hair breaks when it gets too dry, which can be a problem, now that it's growing colder outside & the natural thing is to want to run the furnace more. So I'm running the dehumidifier less, & I may turn on my Crockpot again to add some steam. I also think I should spray my ends with Hair Tea & add a drop of oil more frequently. ... In fact, I think I'll go do that right now! :run:

Kalamazoo
October 28th, 2020, 01:10 PM

Ooooooh! You've got a wedding coming up in a month! How exciting!

Carrie's hair
October 28th, 2020, 02:39 PM
purple-omelette I saw your photos a moment ago and you look like you are very close to CL.

purple_omelette
October 29th, 2020, 09:04 PM
Ooooooh! You've got a wedding coming up in a month! How exciting!

Ahh unfortunately not, COVID has forced us to postpone to next year :( but on the bright side, I should definitely be beyond classic by then!

purple-omelette I saw your photos a moment ago and you look like you are very close to CL.

Yes! :D hard to estimate exactly how long it will take me to get there, as it seems longer on some days and shorter on others, and classic length is not exactly a horizontal line for me, but I'm very excited!

Carrie's hair
October 30th, 2020, 04:04 AM
I know something about this. I have straight cut but 2a/b. Every photo's length looks different. I just stopped checking it. I decided to measure them at the end of November and try not to reach for a centimeter earlier.
I think you will get to CL quickly.

Ylva
January 1st, 2021, 01:56 PM
Having had so much stuff going on all the time, I totally forgot to update this thread. I did not reach classic by the end of 2020, and have now cut off a couple of cm, but my ending shot for the year is to the right:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43802&d=1608860941

Now after the trim, I should reach classic sometime in the summer instead.

Carrie's hair
January 1st, 2021, 03:41 PM
Congratulations. You have a denser bottom edge of your hair. I don't know if I wrote it correctly. Oops.
Anyway, I believe you can be happy with your hair. They look very nice.

Wendyp
January 1st, 2021, 05:20 PM
Having had so much stuff going on all the time, I totally forgot to update this thread. I did not reach classic by the end of 2020, and have now cut off a couple of cm, but my ending shot for the year is to the right:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43802&d=1608860941

Gorgeous ylva! I'm going for classic now too by end of 2021!

Ylva
January 1st, 2021, 05:58 PM
Thank you, Carrie's hair! Losing even the 2 cm felt so drastic, but it'll come back soon.

Thank you, Wendyp! Have fun growing onwards. :)

Carrie's hair
January 3rd, 2021, 08:11 AM
https://prnt.sc/wfbtnh
This is my Christmas photo. Yesterday I got my hair cut by 0.5 cm and I think I'm still keeping classic or even a little bit out.

Alexandrina
January 6th, 2021, 07:38 AM
https://prnt.sc/wfbtnh
This is my Christmas photo. Yesterday I got my hair cut by 0.5 cm and I think I'm still keeping classic or even a little bit out.

lovely! I like how you use you thumb to mark the ends, lol

Alexandrina
January 6th, 2021, 07:39 AM

Looking good!
And for sure summer is not far at all!

Carrie's hair
January 6th, 2021, 02:44 PM
lovely! I like how you use you thumb to mark the ends, lol

Ha ha, I noticed this from watching the LHC forum. In general, after discovering the forum, I started to measure the hair visually and with a measuring tape.