PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo Silica?

Sparkles122
November 23rd, 2018, 08:07 AM
Has anyone ever tried Bamboo Silica capsules? Are they worth taking?

blackgothicdoll
November 23rd, 2018, 11:58 AM
I have. It made my nails so hard, I would break skin if I scratched myself. I had to stop for that reason. Not sure of how it effected my hair because it was a pretty quick run.

As an note, it might have been horsetail silica, but it was silica nonetheless. I drank bamboo tea with no issues.

kitcatsmeow
November 23rd, 2018, 12:56 PM
I’ve drank the tea and it’s in the supplement I take. My hair is definitely stronger.

MusicalSpoons
November 23rd, 2018, 01:29 PM
I have. It made my nails so hard, I would break skin if I scratched myself. I had to stop for that reason. Not sure of how it effected my hair because it was a pretty quick run.

As an note, it might have been horsetail silica, but it was silica nonetheless. I drank bamboo tea with no issues.

Oh how interesting. How long did you take it for? (I'm not overly worried about my hair but my nails are rubbish despite taking ample daily vitamins.)

blackgothicdoll
November 23rd, 2018, 03:24 PM
Oh how interesting. How long did you take it for? (I'm not overly worried about my hair but my nails are rubbish despite taking ample daily vitamins.)

I truly wish I remembered. I'd be tempted to say 1 or 2 months. Believe me, I was so happy with my nails at first, but then they just got too hard. Silica of any type will definitely harden them up though and stop them from breaking. I noticed a change in my nails within a couple of weeks, I believe (so to say, I noticed them stop breaking very, very soon after starting horsetail silica).

Sparkles122
November 24th, 2018, 09:21 AM
I’m going to start taking it. I got the solaray brand. We’ll see how it goes.

Lady Stardust
November 24th, 2018, 11:34 AM

Have you tried Superdrug’s Hair, Skin & Nails tablets? I take them for my nails, they definitely help. I haven’t noticed any difference to my hair or skin :)

MusicalSpoons
November 24th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Have you tried Superdrug’s Hair, Skin & Nails tablets? I take them for my nails, they definitely help. I haven’t noticed any difference to my hair or skin :)

I haven't, though I did try some from Costco but no matter how much water I drank, the biotin didn't agree with me. I'll look into the Superdrug ones, thanks; I've actually already ordered Holland and Barrett silica complex (from horsetail, but they had a couple of other minerals in too) but I've never even thought to look at Superdrug for vitamins/minerals. It'll be interesting to see how they compare :)

maborosi
November 24th, 2018, 12:24 PM
I have trouble with Biotin, too, MusicalSpoons- it gives me acne and stomachaches, I've deduced. =/
But it makes my nails so strong.