PDA

View Full Version : A Long Hair Question

Dark40
November 21st, 2018, 09:11 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering is there a thread on here were people on here at LHC said that they have reached WL, HL, TBL, BCL, CL, and beyond, and this is the longest it has been in their whole entire life? Or, they've never been to these lengths before joining LHC, and after joining they have been able to reach them?

cjk
November 21st, 2018, 09:14 PM
Since I've never grown my hair before, every day I wake up with the longest hair I've ever had in my life.

blackgothicdoll
November 21st, 2018, 09:16 PM
I'd like to know this, too. I've been getting so frustrated lately. Sometimes I wonder if my hair wasn't short because I was treating it badly, but it was short just because. I like to be optimistic and think that with all that I learn, I can grow TBL and beyond, but it's just so rare for my hair type (without dreadlocks or staying in twists/braids forever). :(

Sarahlabyrinth
November 22nd, 2018, 03:50 AM
I don't know if there is a special thread for it but people often do remark on the fact that now their hair is the longest it has ever been.

YvetteVarie
November 22nd, 2018, 04:42 AM
I'd like to know this, too. I've been getting so frustrated lately. Sometimes I wonder if my hair wasn't short because I was treating it badly, but it was short just because. I like to be optimistic and think that with all that I learn, I can grow TBL and beyond, but it's just so rare for my hair type (without dreadlocks or staying in twists/braids forever). :(

AutobotsAttack is at classic length (or close to it) so she is definitely inspiration for our hairtype. She is also relaxed, which makes her retention even more amazing.

My hair is currently at its longest length yet (BSB almost BSL). If I get to waist length, I will probably be very satisfied and not grow much beyond that (the most I will be tempted to get to is HL)

ArabellaRose
November 22nd, 2018, 06:05 AM
I don't know what my longest length has been but I'm pretty sure when I reach BCL that'll be the longest it's ever been.

I've never paid much attention to he length, I've had long hair before but it was more because I just avoided the hairdressers rather than through any conscious effort to grow to a particular length.

MusicalSpoons
November 22nd, 2018, 08:14 AM
You may be thinking of this thread in the projects/polls section: What's the longest your hair's ever been? (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=560) but I like your take on it, comparing LHC and pre-LHC :)

I've never paid much attention to he length, I've had long hair before but it was more because I just avoided the hairdressers rather than through any conscious effort to grow to a particular length.

Pretty much this ^^ but the longest mine ever got before finding LHC was TBL, because I'd get the scraggly ends cut off about once a year - I didn't know how to protect them to stop them needing to be chopped off. Beyond TBL my hair has been the longest ever (except the few months after I trimmed from ~FTL to CL, growing back to FTL) and I'm now more or less at knee. Which, before LHC, I didn't think was even possible for ordinary people like me :o

Alibran
November 22nd, 2018, 10:23 AM
The longest mine has ever been is classic. That was long before I joined LHC - before it even existed, in fact. I had it cut from classic to pixie with I was 13, grew it again in my early 30s and reached tailbone before a disastrous layered cut ended up with it (eventually) back at pixie again. I'm now getting towards BSL again. I'm not sure how long I'm going to grow it this time, but I can't imagine it will be longer than classic. (My hair is tough - if I just ignored it, and never got it cut, it would be trailing on the floor before my growth stalled due to breakage - but I think any length where I could find myself sitting on it by accident would be more trouble than enjoyment.)

MoonRabbit
November 22nd, 2018, 01:41 PM
The longest I could grow my hair before starting my healthy long hair journey was MBL. That was due to constant heat damage. Since joining here and learning about taking care of my hair type I have surpassed many milestones and constantly having the longest hair of my existence. I think what helped the most from here was learning about protective styles and toys, and stretching washes.

Ylva
November 22nd, 2018, 02:39 PM
I was around classic as a kid with full virgin hair. Naturally I was shorter, too, though. I'm working my way down there again with non-virgin hair.

Hairkay
November 22nd, 2018, 03:41 PM
I'm at bcl which is the longest my hair has ever been. In the past my hair was stuck at bsl length and I had thought that was my hair type's limit. I was not conditioning my hair and manipulating it too much. I changed things 6 months previous to joining this site only because my skin got worse. It was tough finding something that I could use on my hair that didn't give my sensitive skin problems. Both my skin and hair are doing better now.

Dark40
November 22nd, 2018, 04:18 PM
Thank you all for your responses! :) Please continue to keep them coming? Me as a kid the longest I also had was MBL, and I've always thought that that was my limit before joining here at LHC. But after learning how to take better care of my hair, and wearing protective styles I've been able to reach the longest it has ever been which is almost WL. I feel that it can grow a lot longer than that too My mom as a kid would often tell me, "The longest your can ever grow is MBL," and I could never believe that with my hair texture or hair type. Which is curly and thick. My mom would often tell me stories of my aunt on my dad's side of the family that when she was in high school she used to have CL hair, and I have the same hair texture and type as my aunt's. So, over the years I've always believed that I can also grow CL hair or longer as well!

Corvana
November 22nd, 2018, 05:44 PM
If I count when I was very small, I probably had hair reach BCL. I don't generally consider it as my longest ever, though, because the length in inches was as much as I've got now :laugh:

My longest since puberty started? I think waist, maaaaaybe hip. I haven't gotten there yet, but I can say that my hair is thicker than it's ever been and in better shape than it's ever been due to learning new things here at LHC (such as not ripping a brush through my hair and pulling strands out every time I brushed!).

Julescarm
November 22nd, 2018, 10:08 PM
The longest I ever was before LHC was probably BSL. Now having an inch from TB is what I thought was long, but I'm now ready for longer. Lol.

Todd
November 23rd, 2018, 08:05 AM
When I first joined here, my hair was at mid-back length and had been there pretty much unchanged for several years. I worked outdoors and did nothing - NOTHING - to protect it from damage. Then I had it short for several years, and only now upon growing it long again did I discover I could go longer since a) I'm not outside all day anymore and b) I do a lot to protect it from breakage. Such a revelation to discover I could go longer than ever before!

Alissalocks
November 23rd, 2018, 08:16 AM
The longest my hair would grow (for over 7 years) was BSL and I didn't know why. I had hair with multiple splits, feather style and tree branch like. Couldn't figure out why. My hair was so staticky it would smell like ions and stand on end when I brushed it, I didn't know why. I ripped through knots with my brush because that's how I brushed my hair, didn't know why. I leaned on my hair every day and slept with it loose. I shampoo shampoo conditionered in the wash, and washed about three times a week, bc it seemed right.

LHC taught me why my old habits, which I never even thought twice about, were destroying my hair and preventing long lengths.

LHC taught me what not to do, and what to start doing, and now I have the longest hair Ive had in my life. I am definitely longer now than I've ever been before in my life, and I was certain my hair type was too thin and fragile to do what it does now. Yay LHC!

Dark40
November 23rd, 2018, 03:34 PM
The longest I ever was before LHC was probably BSL. Now having an inch from TB is what I thought was long, but I'm now ready for longer. Lol.

Yeah, me too! Before I joined LHC I was chin length but when I was a kid the longest my was MBL or BSL, and now after being a member I am now almost WL! And, still stalling there at WL. lol I wish that I was at TB right now. I would be very happy if I made that much progress.

Dark40
November 23rd, 2018, 03:38 PM
Alissalocks, before I joined LHC the longest my had ever been was BSL or MBL too. Especially, when I was a kid. But the year I joined it was chin length. But after I had joine LHC I had learned how to take better care of my hair from washing it, brushing it, and combing it too! I don't yank or rip my hair out anymore either.

I've also learned how to not wash my hair so often as well, and now my hair is at it's longest it has ever been in my life too.

bokeh
November 23rd, 2018, 04:15 PM
My hair is not quite to it's longest ever. I'm almost there and I hope that it keeps growing to my waist. Time will tell!

sophia_
November 23rd, 2018, 04:51 PM
Until I found LHC I had never gone past bsl/mbl.

daisy rei
November 24th, 2018, 01:26 AM
My hair was around WL as a kid, but then I reached the "rebellious" middle school phase of bleaching and dyeing my hair so it never really grew past APL.

Now that I've discovered LHC + stopped ripping the brush through my hair, I've reached the longest length (inch wise) that I've ever had, close to WL.

gustavonut
November 24th, 2018, 01:32 AM
This is the longest my hair has ever been currently.

Alissalocks
November 24th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Alissalocks, before I joined LHC the longest my had ever been was BSL or MBL too. Especially, when I was a kid. But the year I joined it was chin length. But after I had joine LHC I had learned how to take better care of my hair from washing it, brushing it, and combing it too! I don't yank or rip my hair out anymore either.

I've also learned how to not wash my hair so often as well, and now my hair is at it's longest it has ever been in my life too.
It's so easy once you know... I roll my eyes at my former self.

Sid0rela
November 24th, 2018, 09:08 AM
I used to have WL hair when i was 15 and cut it to shoulder ever since.
My hair is longest now since i discovered LHC (APL).

Dark40
November 24th, 2018, 11:37 AM
It's so easy once you know... I roll my eyes at my former self.

Yes, it is very easy once you know....I also roll my eyes at my former self to..lol

lapushka
November 24th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering is there a thread on here were people on here at LHC said that they have reached WL, HL, TBL, BCL, CL, and beyond, and this is the longest it has been in their whole entire life? Or, they've never been to these lengths before joining LHC, and after joining they have been able to reach them?

I think you'd have to be a frequent reader and get to know everyone a lot - this way you can tell.

Dark40
November 24th, 2018, 03:48 PM
I think you'd have to be a frequent reader and get to know everyone a lot - this way you can tell.

I bet. Yes, I am a frequent reader on here. I'm trying to get to know everyone a lot.