PDA

View Full Version : List your Hair Goals for 2019!

Pages : [1] 2

MsKafka
November 18th, 2018, 08:49 PM
I am currently in the process of growing out my hair back to its natural color so I'm not too concerned with length though I'm not quite brave enough to chop it into a pixie.

So, I guess my hair goal for 2019 is to have at least chin length or longer 100% of my virgin hair by Christmas time.

Curious to see what everyone else's is! :joy:

Dark40
November 18th, 2018, 08:54 PM
My hair goals for 2019 is to grow out my hair to hip length by summer of next year.
No trimming throughout the year.
Co-wash more often.
Reach classic length by the end of the year.
Relax my hair 4 times during the year.
Get back into hair supplements.

Ylva
November 18th, 2018, 09:23 PM
My main hair goal for 2019 is to start the process of microtrimming right after New Year. I've felt stuck with my damaged ends for long enough, and it's time to make the mature decision of cutting it off gradually rather than hanging onto them for dear life. They're actually making me dislike my hair a bit. I'm not sure about my pattern yet, but I might start with a "bigger" trim, maybe 2 cm or something like that, and then trim 0.5 cm monthly. Still weighing my options there.

Some smaller goals include learning more updos and maybe, just maybe, learning to do braids on myself, as well as keeping up with my regular hairdresser visits to get my roots done religiously and ever learning more about haircare where possible. I hope that in 2019 a silk or satin pillowcase will hold a permanent spot in my "haircare routine".

My lenght goal for 2019 is classic, which I hope to achieve while microtrimming, but if I make the decision to cut more damage off, that's okay too. There's time for length later.

And the most important thing: enjoy my hair along any journey I am on.

maborosi
November 18th, 2018, 09:28 PM
For the end of 2019, if I choose to keep my natural color, I think it should be around chin length by then? That'd be awesome.

If I don't like it, well, back to henna for me lol

Ylva
November 18th, 2018, 09:33 PM
maborosi, this is unrelated, but I just have to say that your hair is soooooo gorgeous on your avatar pic and signature! It's like... exactly what I dream my hair was, except my colour (although I wouldn't mind your colour either, it's so stunning!). Too bad I don't have your thickness. :) Anyway, looking at those pics is such an inspiration.

AutobotsAttack
November 18th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Classic length! Classic length! Classic length!

Trying to be as patient as possible

lithostoic
November 18th, 2018, 10:03 PM
I want my bleached hair GONE.

peachplumpear
November 18th, 2018, 10:45 PM
1. Grow out my darn bangs
2. Work on growing out the layers I got this past August. While I do need long layers for my hair to look it's best, mine were cut too short and way too much weight was taken out of my hair.
3. Really hoping my longest layers will hit waist again, where I'll be maintaining at least until more of my layers grow out.
4. Figure out how to keep my hair moisturized without being weighed down. My ends get crispy starting about eight weeks out from a trim no matter WHAT I do/don't do to my hair, 2019 will be the year I figure this out!

aethyra
November 18th, 2018, 10:47 PM
My hair goals for 2019 are to increase my hair's density and thickness and to eliminate the bleach damaged hair that comprises 6 inches from hemline upward, with microtrims so that I dont lose length.
I did a post wash trim today of 1.5 inches. There was a significant improvement to the vitality of my hair from this trim. :o

TheForestFae
November 18th, 2018, 11:15 PM
My hair goals for 2019 would be:
1. Get rid of my bleached hair color :> And probably get back to dark brown hair
2. Longer hair. Right now my hair is barely touch my bra strap, I hope that at the end of 2019 I can reach somewhere between mid back to waist :)
3. Get to learn how to trim my hair without thinning it and messed evrything up lol I've struggle a lot at the last time and have to called for a professional stylist to help me fix my hemline :> That's a sad and also embarassing story haha
4. Be patient all the time, be patient and not too worry about when will my hair get longer. Be patient and kept myself away from the urge to cut my hair just because sometime it's so annoying 😂
5. Learn how to do all kind of braids on my hair, I can only do for other ppl but on me, im pretty suck lol

AmaryllisRed
November 19th, 2018, 12:10 AM
Grow to classic, thicken up my hemline. Continue to avoid heat.

blesseddamozel
November 19th, 2018, 12:37 AM
1) Grow to at least waist

2) Do no trim for at least the first half of 2019

3) Thicken my edges

4) Transition to henna

Pacific
November 19th, 2018, 12:38 AM
Since April 2018 I'm without any trim and I don't want to trim in 2019. Maybe I can reach classic at the end of 2019.

Milady_DeWinter
November 19th, 2018, 12:53 AM
Yay for 2019!

Avoid heat at all costs.
Hair up minimun 5/7 a week.
To join no trim challenges for 6 months+6 months
BCL before summer.
TBL by the end of the year! :D

Katsura
November 19th, 2018, 01:04 AM
Year 2019 I want to
- keep growing and try to maintain healthy hair at the same time
- stay away from pulling (trichotillomania)
- try and embrace my natural color and not use any permanent dyes

leayellena
November 19th, 2018, 01:35 AM
- class with s&d only
- learning how to take care of class and class+ on a daily basis and while sleeping

ravenskey
November 19th, 2018, 01:35 AM
2019 goals:

1. Self-trim on New Years without f***ing it up.
2. Bun hair every day except wash day.
3. No-trim for the year.
4. Reach Classic Length!
5. Continue to take measurements because the average growth is crazy this year and I need to know if it's a fluke.

Sora Rose
November 19th, 2018, 01:49 AM
Hoping to make it to at least BCL, and avoid trimming after the first trim of the year if possible.
Learn a new type of bun (been putting it off since forever now).
Take more pictures of hair in general. :o

Sarahlabyrinth
November 19th, 2018, 02:45 AM
I'll keep growing and join the two "No trimming for 6 months" challenges. With a little trim to even up the ends in between. I hope to reach calf length.

YvetteVarie
November 19th, 2018, 02:51 AM
- Grow to waist length
- Relax once a year
- Deep condition at least once a week

lapushka
November 19th, 2018, 04:49 AM
I just hit FTL here last October. November 2018 marked 2 years of no trimming for me (November 2016, back to hip). And so I continue to grow. I am excited to see what 2019 brings for me with regards to growth. I am still no-trimming. I don't think I will make it to knee fully, but I will be on my way towards it at least.

gingerninja
November 19th, 2018, 05:47 AM
After finally reaching bcl my goals for 2019 are:
Thicken ends by micro trimming after a rather large seasonal shed
Learn to do more buns
Try more washing methods

And lastly reach tailbone wavy by summer and classic by Christmas 2019.

olivetime
November 19th, 2018, 05:55 AM
One hair cut only in 2019! Probably in the Spring :)

amiraaah
November 19th, 2018, 06:04 AM
My goals are:
Reach hip length
Grow my fringe to chin length
Microtrimming to make sure my hemline stays thick
Not to use heat(except for my bangs)
Try using Sulfate free shampoo
Try hair supplements

spitfire511
November 19th, 2018, 06:09 AM
What a great thread idea!

For 2019 my goals are:
Reach waist and grow damage in my canopy out so no more snappy ends!
No salon trim, Feye's only!
Improve sleeping conditions (braids hurt my neck and satin makes me too hot!)
Learn at least 2-3 more styles to add to my bun arsenal once it's a little longer.

Ligeia Noire
November 19th, 2018, 06:16 AM
Ankle! Ankle! Ankle!

Curlyeve
November 19th, 2018, 06:21 AM
My goal is tailbone stretched, by the end of the next year. I really hope to reach it, since it is my final goal. I hope I am not too ambitious. At the moment I am little bit past waist stretched. Oh well a girl can dream :pray:

Tinyponies
November 19th, 2018, 07:36 AM
I’m planning to get my crazy bout of hair shedding/thinning under control. That will make me super happy.

Other than that I’ll keep on taking care of what I have left and keep on wearing it gently bunned every day.

guska
November 19th, 2018, 08:20 AM
- Recover at least 1 cm of my lost ponytail circumference, if that's somehow possible :/
- No trimming 2019
- MBL by 31st December 2019. A girl can always hope :o
- Sleep with protective styles, every day. Braids are my best friends.

TatsuOni
November 19th, 2018, 08:24 AM
- Get it as long as possible
- Regular S&D
- Learn new hairstyles
- Variate my hairstyles more often

Joules
November 19th, 2018, 08:46 AM
- Gain some thickness at the ends. Dunno how this one's gonna go, since I suspect I'm reaching terminal and that's why I have a lot of taper with very little to no improvement.
- Reach tailbone. Hopefully. I really really don't want the term to come so soon.
- Get back on my old trim schedule, which is 2 trims a year 6 months apart from each other. I've been getting quite scissor-obsessed lately with all the microtrims and S&D.
- This one kinda stems from the previous one: master benign neglect. Again, I've been getting a bit too obsessed with my hair.
- Finally get that god***n silk pillowcase. Or at least a silk scarf to throw over my pillow. I don't like synthetic things, so silk it is.

Milkchocolate
November 19th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Reach knee

Thickens my ends

Possibly lose the U hemline and opt for a blunt hemline?!!

Incorporate oil massages for the first time

Stick to only my essentials

Declutter everything I’m not not using

Microtrim more often for maintenance

Just let it grow from 2019-2020

I did quite good this year! I’m so excited I joined this forum this summer :)

rubygloom
November 19th, 2018, 09:52 AM
No trim No dye until 2020 and hopefully grow from Shoulder to APL!

Jas
November 19th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Right, after reviewing my 2018 goals (which I'm very pleased with) here are my 2019 hair goals:

1. Classic length - My plan is to let it grow past classic until I finish my university course (August/September 2019) and then trim back to classic for a blunt hemline, starting to get rid of the blonde dye finally. It's currently at TBL+. So.. I'll join no trim first half of 2019 :D Then no trimming for the rest of the year - I want to go for mid thigh length.
2. Grow out the dye and by the end of the year reach at least shoulder length all virgin hair. It's currently at chin.
3. I want to continue my instagram - trying new hairstyles has really helped me branch out rather than focusing just on length, and I've found some amazingly comfy styles as well as gorgeous intricate ones.
4. I need to use the hairtoys I do have - so apart from any swaps I choose to join, buying hairtoys is banned for the next year! Swaps will have to be my main treat.. :D

I guess that's it. I'm so excited to be in uncharted territory with my hair - The longest I had ever had it before was an extremely bleach damaged and tapered BCL. Now I'm heading towards my original long term goal of classic.. I really never thought I'd get there. LHCitis though, the goal is now mid thigh length lol. Who knows what I'll decide then, depending on how the hemline looks ;D

Stray_mind
November 19th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Get to APL (seems realistic enough)
Find a fitting routine for my waves.

That is all. :)

ArabellaRose
November 19th, 2018, 11:21 AM
-thicken and maintain a straight hemline
-baby the heck out of my ends to try to reduce need for microtrims
-grow to atleast BCL, possibly TBL (6 inches from current length)
-absolutely no heat styling for 2019, will allow cold setting on dryer in an emergency

nitagurl
November 19th, 2018, 11:48 AM
I just want to reach blunt hip :pray:

As long as I keep up with my 6 month trims, it’s a given.

MusicalSpoons
November 19th, 2018, 12:29 PM
- Get to calf length
- No trimming for some time (undecided so far, but likely first half of the year)
- Start microtrimming my way to a more even hemline
- Use up some of my conditioner stash!

samanthaa
November 19th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Microtrim at the change of each season. That's about it.

almostghost
November 19th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Over the course of this year I've finally managed to reach the point where I can shampoo only 3-4 times a week without it getting too awfully oily, and I'd like to get that down to 2-3 per week if I can. I'd love to learn some nice bun styles and braids too, instead of just sticking it in a low ponytail all the time. I've been gradually moving away from buying beauty and hygiene products (making my own instead from natural/simple ingredients) and I plan to continue doing that. Other than that, mostly just keep doing what I've been doing - henna treatment every 3-4 weeks and letting it grow. It's around APL right now, and I'd love to get it to waist by the end of 2019.

RubberDucky
November 19th, 2018, 01:03 PM
For 2019:
- reach APL
- keep avoiding heat
- learn how to put my hair up with a stick/fork

blackgothicdoll
November 19th, 2018, 01:04 PM
My number one goal is growing out my heat damage. I think by default I should be able to get to full APL in 2019, but I don't mind if I have to stay there all year if it means being rid of my heat damage. After the damage is all gone, I'm sure I can grow my hair super long. :)

bokeh
November 19th, 2018, 01:22 PM
1. I would love to get to bra-strap-length with healthy ends by Christmas 2019.
2. I plan to learn new updos especially braids.
3. I want to continue to experiment on the best ways to care for my hair.
4. Hoping to acquire a couple of new hair toys too!

Ophidian
November 19th, 2018, 01:35 PM
I think I'll go for another year without trims

VenusianMane
November 19th, 2018, 01:51 PM
- No trimming
- Wear my hair up more often
- Buy more hair toys
- Improve braiding skills

GrowlingCupcake
November 19th, 2018, 01:57 PM
1. Stop colouring my hair with either henna or boxed dye by the end of June (last day I can colour is June 30th).
2. Get into a routine with my hair care. I keep ignoring things I should do, and I want doing them to become automatic.
3. Develop better hair habits, especially being gentle when I comb/brush, and not touching my scalp/hair as much.
4. Go through, and organise all my hair toys, and products.
5. Get to tailbone.

Capybara
November 19th, 2018, 02:25 PM
- Learn to appreciate my grays
- Oil and scalp massage more regularly
- Have fun with my hair styles!
- Stretch goal: reach “can I call this classic?” length. I’m waffling between trimming more to get rid of the last of my layers once and for all, and just letting it grow. Whether I achieve this goal will depend on which way I go :)

RoseChantel
November 19th, 2018, 02:42 PM
I'm starting with APL and would like to reach at least BSL by the end of 2019. I would like to continue doing weekly hair masks and Scalp treatments to help aid the growth and strength. Currently I am also drinking bamboo and horsetail tea daily, as well as taking extra vitamins, which have both helped with my hair growth in the past.

sophia_
November 19th, 2018, 03:33 PM
-Learn/use some more buns and just spend more time on my hair in general
-Find a ROO that works better
-no trims apart from dustings!!!
2019 will be the Year of the Upper Thigh, lol

kitcatsmeow
November 19th, 2018, 03:57 PM
-no more tight hair styles
-derma roll scalp every wash day
-maintain/trim at hip until I regain some thickness
-wear my hair down more often and enjoy it!

PixieNixie
November 19th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Regrow back to BSL+.
Try and perfect my hair routine.
Embrace my natural texture a little more.
Learn how to deal with second day wavy hair. No trimming except micro and S&D (this is the one I am most worried about lol).
Keep trying to keep hair as healthy as I can.
Try not to obsess too much.

lithostoic
November 19th, 2018, 10:52 PM
So to further elaborate ... I would like to trim off all or nearly all the bleached hair I have. Which right now starts around APL. If I can grow my virgin hair to BSL a chop to waist would be SO refreshing! And still long, I love waist length.

drummer
November 19th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Oooh I love this thread! I am currently growing out my pixie (decided to chop down to grow out natural hair), its at ear-lenght and my main goal would be shoulder-length by the end of 2019! (second best: between chin and shoulder :) ) Other goals include: learn patience. Happy growing!

TreesOfEternity
November 20th, 2018, 12:06 AM
For me my goals this next year are:

- Wearing hair up 5 - 7 days a week.
- Learning new hairstyles.
- Keeping up with the TLC.
- Reaching hip (which implies almost no trimming).

ursaV
November 20th, 2018, 10:36 AM
>Buy my first hair stick/fork, probably when I hit BSL
>Learn new buns for said fork
>go back to using exclusively CV bars for my shower routine in May when I will no longer be working at a pool
>reach at least waist

nycelle
November 20th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Get my entire length (the back) even, and thick at waist which should happen by July 2019 the latest. After that, cut a thick fringe in with some long layers in the front - like this:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34147&d=1542741159
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34148&d=1542741166

shump76
November 20th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Get as long as possible, hopefully between chin and shoulder length by next Christmas.

Corvana
November 20th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Hmmm... Let's see... Two goals that I feel are inevitable: Hit waist and hip. I'm projected to hit hip some time in fall of 2019 or so, so it's not impossible nor even improbable! I'd like to continue finding a routine that's both simple and effective for my waves. I want to try squish to condish, but have to find a way to balance that with needing to rinse with ACV to prevent hard water buildup. I've tried to skip that and it just doesn't work out well for me lol. Perhaps the S2C would go after the ACV? It's not like I'd be fully rinsing anyway...

I'd also like to find a style to practice and get good at! One that looks lovely, but once I've got it down will be easy to do. I struggle with having the energy to do things, so finding something that falls into the balance will be a goal in itself!

I'd also like to decide, once and for all, about henna. I love red hair, and miss mine! I keep thinking about glosses, which would give me a tint and wouldn't build up as much, or as fast. I really need to choose what I want the most out of my hair, outside of length. I already know I want to grow to at least fingertip. That was the easiest part! But everything else? So much harder.

Laura1986
November 20th, 2018, 02:11 PM
This year I grew out a pixie after a regretted big chop.. The first few months were quite painful, but I am doing just fine and I am looking forward to enjoy the rest of the growing out process.

Hairgoals from now until the end of 2019:

- babying and growing out my hair
- no trims unless ends start splitting
- experiment with gentle hairstyles and hair toys

Lengthwise, I expect to be at solid shoulder by spring 2019 and solid APL, maybe even BSL by the end of 2019.

Natashap
November 20th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Hair is just hair-
Not to try to grow length as its extreme slow.
worry about the texture -as knots are bothering me.
Detangler spray is my friend.
Need be buying silk pillow cover.
short is easy hair.

:wigtongue

Growitagain28
November 20th, 2018, 04:25 PM
First, I would say waist length but I think that is a stretch, so I’m going with below bra strap and seeing where that goes :)
Second, I really want to get better about less heat.
Third, just sticking to my overall health remembering my daily vitamins, more water, etc!

Sid0rela
November 20th, 2018, 04:33 PM
This is such a good idea for a thread!!

My main goal is to focus on getting rid of the bleached parts. Cant wait to have all natural virgin hair, i plan on also reaching BSL and mantaining that length til i have virgin hair..
I also want to learn new buns with sticks, practice even more begnin neglect and getting rid of the "u" shaped hair,to a straight mane.
I am also *longing* for my fringe/bangs that are below ear length, to finally grow to where i can pull them back with a ponytail without pinning.
I plan on mantaing a dye free year,as the year 2018. And also following the no trimming 2019 first half of the year.

Harini
November 20th, 2018, 04:57 PM
My goal for 2019 is as much virgin growth as possible to get rid of henndigo so I'm busting out all big guns for growth. (Inversion, regular oilings, greenhouse effect/method, rosemary oil, biotin... If anything has tips that worked for them, I'm open to hearing them)
I'm also trying to get shedding under control.

Jo Ann
November 21st, 2018, 12:47 AM
I'm thinking about doing the 2019 No Trim Challenge. I've been doing well with the 2018 Second Half No Trim Challenge so far, but my ends are looking the worse for wear after bleaching my hair back in February and March. So far, the condition is good, but those ends... :(

I'm debating having up to three inches of hair trimmed (My Big Chop) at the end of the year to get rid of my dead ends--thank God for the Two-Week Rule on that--but I'll see what happens after I get into the habit of S&D. If my ends look THAT bad, I'll consider the Big Chop :)

Vacurlylady
November 21st, 2018, 03:20 AM
My goals for 2019 are to be in the 2019 no trim challenge and hopefully reach BSL (or as long as it will be after a 2nd year of no trim)

Be able to put into protective styles

Benign neglect once I’m able to get it up and protected!

illicitlizard
November 21st, 2018, 04:20 AM
Great thread! I'll be trying to not give in to cutting a proper style into my hair next year (and going another year without colour oof), and focusing on growing instead. I really want to get to SL properly next year, fingers crossed! Oh and to find a shampoo/conditioner that my hair, scalp and wallet like :P

Shorty89
November 21st, 2018, 10:50 AM
1) have fewer split ends by combing slower
2) Find a good balance between moisture and looking good
3) maintain around TB and have thickness travel down hair

Dendra
November 21st, 2018, 12:02 PM
- To have all one length hair (chop 3" or so)

- For my virgin hair to be BSL by end of 2019

- To reach hip..? This one is less important to me. If I get there, great, but I'm happy if I end the year at halfway between waist and hip if my hair looks better for the trims.

Elizabeth E
November 22nd, 2018, 10:14 AM
My goals for 2019? Let's see...
1) Grow out some annoying shorter hairs around my face. My bangs are at shoulder length now, and I can't wait until they're longer.
2) Trim less, only 1cm every three months - I trimmed off more than I would've liked to this past year.
3) Last but not least, grow to just above CL!

GardenHorse
November 22nd, 2018, 12:04 PM
My goals for 2019 is..
1. to go from my bleached hair to darker as close as my natural or black
2. reach waist lenght (I have APL atm.)
3. Grow my bangs out
4. Try not to trim, maybe once every 6 months depending on how damaged my hair is because I had it bleached before.
5. sleep in a braid or other protective hairstyles every day!

Cg
November 22nd, 2018, 12:09 PM
Only one, the same goal I've had for every length (and which is probably unattainable at any length): find a style that both looks good and reliably stays in all day without needing the Weekend at Bernie's method.

Natalia_A00
November 22nd, 2018, 05:34 PM
i'm going to trim a little bit, so I hope it grows back fast! Also, I want to reach at least hip by the end of 2019. I really want to be able to do long and beautiful braids.

hollygraham43
November 22nd, 2018, 11:58 PM
•Grow out my hair from shoulder length.
•Go more natural with my hair care routine.
•No hair cuts only micro trims when absolutely necessary.
•ACTUALLY TAKE (instead of buying and not taking) vitamins to see if they work for my hair.
•No dye/henna

Larke
November 23rd, 2018, 01:26 AM
Ideal goal would be waist-length by Christmas '19, but at the rate my hair has been growing, I have my reservations about the probability of that happening. Lesser goal is just to significantly minimize the amount of split ends I keep finding. That should be realistic.

Hasse
November 23rd, 2018, 05:27 AM
Goals are good! I need structure, otherwise I'm doing way more to my hair then necessary. My goals for 2019 (more like general haircare rules, but :shrug:):
- Grow to about APL (I don't know my growth rate.. so it will be exciting to find out if APL is doable)
- Grow out my sideshave
- No trims (or at the most one microtrim around the end of June)
- Take regular length shots (at least once per season)
- Stretch washes to once a week
- Oil my ends regularly, at least before every wash
- Find a hair routine that I can stick to
- Use up my stash and don't buy anything new, I've got enough of everything laying around
- Learn some go-to buns and braids
- Wear my hair up every day, except on wash days

Wendyp
November 23rd, 2018, 05:41 AM
Definitely tailbone but really classic but I have to keep trimming to get rid of damaged hair. Continue to thicken up my hemline. Good luck y’all!

Katrina
November 23rd, 2018, 08:32 AM
I will maintain my current length (33", between waist and hip). I cut my hair back to this length this month after having experienced past knee length (57")! I am happy with shorter hair now. This is not short, of course, but considerably shorter than before.

I am also happy to be able to make some updos again (French braid, Dutch braid) and keep my hair down in public too.

Shepherdess
November 23rd, 2018, 09:41 AM
Hair Goals:
*Find a plant based hair care routine with plant based products that works well.
*More moisturizing treatments each week
*Learn more gentle updos and put up my hair more instead of braiding
*Eat more nutrient rich foods
*Occasional micro trims and S&D

lillii
November 23rd, 2018, 10:18 AM
-Continue to keep my hair up when I leave the house
-Conquer the split ends that I keep finding in my hair
-Get to Tailbone length!
-Stick to my routine
-Incorporate vinegar rinses more frequently
-Eat according to hair health (more iron for me!)
-Braid my hair every night

ravenheather
November 24th, 2018, 07:15 AM
Waist finally!

EmeraldSkies
November 24th, 2018, 08:14 AM
My goals for 2019 are:
- To reach bsl
- To learn how to do more hairstyles

GrowingGlory
November 24th, 2018, 08:22 AM
In 2019, I will treat my hair gently.

hannabiss
November 24th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Goals
*No Trims
*Reach APL

Natashap
November 24th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Twice a year trims of about 2 inches and no more.

Using hair masks and oils twice a week.

H o n є y ❤
November 25th, 2018, 01:44 AM
Goals
- Stick to products that I know work
- Get trims every 3-4 months
- Reach APL or beyond before end of year

ladycaladium
November 25th, 2018, 02:46 AM
Healthier hair throughout the year...hopefully getting the Hashimoto’s sorted so my hair thickens up or at least stops shedding so much!

Ylva
November 25th, 2018, 01:26 PM
My lenght goal for 2019 is classic, which I hope to achieve while microtrimming, but if I make the decision to cut more damage off, that's okay too. There's time for length later.

Unfortunately I will have to scrap this length goal and delay it by another year. I will be starting 2019 with a big cut to get rid of very thin and damaged ends.

AmberJewel
November 25th, 2018, 01:47 PM
- Micro-trim once a month to even out hemline
- Start doing S&D again
- FINALLY GET TO CLASSIC
- Make more natural haircare products myself. :)
- Treat hair gently while waiting for thickness to catch up.

Sparkles122
November 25th, 2018, 04:10 PM
I want to get my hair back down to waist legnth. It was hip legnth before I had an unfortunate hair cut 2 weeks ago which left me at BSL. Seeing as BSL and waist legnth is about 6 inches apart on me, I think that might be a doable goal

Spar
November 25th, 2018, 04:20 PM
I really want to take hair care more seriously. I've bought some hair sticks, products that work well for me, and I just got a trim a few weeks ago. I've been sleeping in braids, keeping up with weekly treatments, and wearing my hair UP (especially in the winter I find this useful!). Hopefully I can keep my good habits up. My goal is probably around BCL by next year (if that's possible, I'm at waist length now). This year, I've had a lot of hair cut off (5-6 inches now) so I'm hoping to grow that all back. :)

Vivalagina
November 25th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Looking to go without any trims and inch my way toward BSL. Also want to stick with very basic shampoo and conditioner routine. My hair is just fine with it and I don't want to waste money on products I don't need.

MoonChildCurls
November 26th, 2018, 12:16 AM
Grow out the bangs I decided I needed and then regretted three days later, like always. Start hair supplements, see if they make any difference. Continue with my current path of not using heat and trying to get my hair as healthy as possible. Hopefully my length will get somewhere between waist and tailbone (a girl can hope.)

maborosi
November 26th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Well, I henna'd my hair again, so growing my natural color out is OUT, lol.

Okay, but seriously, here are my 2019 goals:

~Hit 48" again
~Commit to L-O-C morning and evening every day
~Wear hair bunned daily
~Wear all of my hair toys at least once!

I think those should all be doable? My hair is around 41" right now, so 48" might be pushing it, but I'll try my best to grow there!
I also spent a lot of this year with my hair in not-so-protective styles. I want to do the wear hair up challenge next year. :)

Jesmonster2
November 26th, 2018, 01:53 AM
Grow in my natural color

No trims for the year

Grow from SL to BSL

OhSuzi
November 26th, 2018, 03:56 AM
learn some actual styles for longer hair instead of just sticking it up in a messy bun every day.

1 trim at some point in the year.

bra strap length hair by the end of 2019

MarPreciosa
November 26th, 2018, 11:03 AM
BSL with nice thick ends and a tidy hemline by summer;

Continuing good hair practices;

Making no rash hair decisions;

Learning new braid techniques;

Beginning journey to waist;

Encourage new growth;

Enjoying my hair!

MarPreciosa
November 26th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Grow out the bangs I decided I needed and then regretted three days later, like always. Start hair supplements, see if they make any difference. Continue with my current path of not using heat and trying to get my hair as healthy as possible. Hopefully my length will get somewhere between waist and tailbone (a girl can hope.)

Haha! I forgot to add the bangs bit (I share your near immediate regret with mine). I want to get mine to at least shoulder in 2019.

BlueGypsy
November 26th, 2018, 06:07 PM
•Without measuring, I think I'm around 2 inches above my BSL so I'd really like to get past BSL, even after (potential) trims. In fact, I'd like to get a couple inches past my BSL! (I have a hair dresser I trust to only cut what I ask for, as she's been cutting mine since I was a baby, and looooves her own long hair that's tailbone length.)

•MOAR HAIR FORKS

•Learn to make my own hair forks.

BlueGypsy
November 26th, 2018, 06:11 PM
•Without measuring, I think I'm around 2 inches above my BSL so I'd really like to get past BSL, even after (potential) trims. In fact, I'd like to get a couple inches past my BSL! (I have a hair dresser I trust to only cut what I ask for, as she's been cutting mine since I was a baby, and looooves her own long hair that's tailbone length.)

•MOAR HAIR FORKS

•Learn to make my own hair forks.

I hit reply before I was done!

•Learn more buns

•Learn more braids

•Henna my hair at least every 2 months, instead of being lazy and less than every 3 months

•Get used to braiding my hair every night before bed (my straight, easily tangled hair seems to really be benefitting from when I remember already)

•Regulary take biotin and eat bananas

Ju
November 27th, 2018, 06:50 AM
Goals:
- No trims til mid-year and then I can evaluate whether it needs a dusting or a shaping of sorts and then hopefully finish out the year with no trims
- Fill into APL and then keep going! (Perhaps get a good start on the stretch to BSL?)
- Keep up with frequent deep conditioning and low-poo
- More tea and rosemary rinses because my hair feels nice and they make my colour a little more rich
- Sleep with hair in braids more frequently, I've been doing it often recently and it makes my hair feel safe
- Bunning it when I go hiking/walking the dog/exercising
- Keep up with my good trichotilomania suppression habits so I don't get patches again and so my hair can work on evening out to the same length
- Respect the strange feeling hairs because they belong on my head as much as the smooth ones!

Groovy Granny
November 27th, 2018, 10:52 AM
:hmm: My hair condition and length are already at goal :flower: so I think my main 2019 goal would be to try to rotate hairstyles/placements, and toys on a daily basis :cheer:

magpie33
November 27th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Hi! My hair goals for 2019:
1. Grow my hair from waist length to tail bone length (if possible!).
2. Try various types of oils.
3. Try not to get my hair trimmed too often.

jtschoof
November 27th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Hello guys! My goals for 2019 are definitely growing my hair from waist/hip to tailbone! Also a goal is to improve my hair texture by washing less and
find a perfect semi permanent color to put over my henna base to achieve a perfect fire red color.

AshtangiPNW
November 27th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Well, I henna'd my hair again, so growing my natural color out is OUT, lol.

Okay, but seriously, here are my 2019 goals:

~Hit 48" again
~Commit to L-O-C morning and evening every day
~Wear hair bunned daily
~Wear all of my hair toys at least once!

I think those should all be doable? My hair is around 41" right now, so 48" might be pushing it, but I'll try my best to grow there!
I also spent a lot of this year with my hair in not-so-protective styles. I want to do the wear hair up challenge next year. :)

haha! I really enjoy the henna process itself. So relaxing... :) If you don't mind my asking, how do you LOC every morning/evening? Do you just wet the ends with water, then apply the oil and cream? I only use LOC after a wash (1-2 times a week), but I'm definitely interested in more ways to retain moisture between washes.

As for my own hair goals, I really just plan to continue doing much of the same and hopefully grow a bit longer over the course of the year....
*Braided updos to prevent tangles (I actually wear the same one daily... :))
*S&D every once in a while
*Henna/cassia once a month or so
*S&C once or twice a week

lakhesis
November 27th, 2018, 01:34 PM
I hope that in 2019 I will keep it up with deep treatments, wear it up and that I won't need to trim :)

maborosi
November 27th, 2018, 04:51 PM
haha! I really enjoy the henna process itself. So relaxing... :) If you don't mind my asking, how do you LOC every morning/evening? Do you just wet the ends with water, then apply the oil and cream? I only use LOC after a wash (1-2 times a week), but I'm definitely interested in more ways to retain moisture between washes.

Yep, I love henna- it's relaxing and really gets my hair cleaner than even a clarifying shampoo- I often don't have to wash for 3 or 4 days after a henna treatment, even though I put loads and loads of conditioner in there, lol.

Usually I'll mist my hair with water until it is damp but not wet, then I apply my leave-in conditioner, then oil, and cream, but I really only apply the cream to the ends.
If I'm wearing my hair in a less-protective style, then I apply the cream higher up as well.

purpleelephant
November 27th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Wooh for positivity! I'm hoping that voicing my goals and actually putting them out into the world will create a self-fulfilling prophecy effect, or at the very least, serve as a reminder as to why I do what I do. So, for 2019:

-Bit by bit, trim off about 1-1.5 inches of former bleach damage. This'll even the hemline and get rid of some of the nasty crunch without being drastic.
-Reach somewhere between waist and hip in length. The nasty bleach bits are juuuust sweeping by waist. It would be nice to get more length and evenness down there.
-Be nicer to my hair? Sometimes I stress about it, sometimes I forget that I need to care for it at all. Baseline consistency and maintenance care would be good.

fiabia
November 28th, 2018, 01:57 AM
My goals is to
- get past bsl
- grow out my bangs
- keep up the habit of protective styles and weekly hair masks

paulownia
November 28th, 2018, 07:32 AM
My hair goals for 2019:
- keep growing my hair from shoulder to APL.
- trim as little as possible to get rid of layers.
- wear hair up more often, learn braids and buns.

Aerya
November 28th, 2018, 01:46 PM
BSL! BSL! *chants*
Possibly longer but frankly, a solid BSL will make me very happy, and so that is my first goal.
I shall continue not dying my hair and be in the no trim challenge for the first half of the year. Looking forward to seeing more of my true colour and healthy hair. Especially I am looking forward to my layers to fall behind my shoulders; they have been bothering me for so long and I feel like I will just look better, more like myself, with all-long hair, and this will be the year I finally achieve that. Curse you, lack of impulse control - the next year you shall be conquered!

I must also continue to find a good routine for my hair and baby the damaged ends as well as I can. With the added length I need to learn protective styles too - I am looking forward to my first real bun!

harpgal
November 28th, 2018, 02:02 PM
My goal is pretty boring, I guess.

~ Maintain at ankle the rest of the year

Suortuva
November 28th, 2018, 03:39 PM
My goals:
- wear my hair mostly up/contained
- regular deep treatments
- reach BSL
- probably start microtrimming

val.
November 28th, 2018, 11:03 PM
My goals include reaching BSL and recording/taking pictures each month to document my progress. :)

daisy rei
November 29th, 2018, 06:23 PM
I've been thinking about it and I came up with a decent list:

grow to TBL/BCL (they're pretty much the same on me)
experiment with some of the legendary LHC recipes, including SMT and Fox's Shea Butter Cream
eventually declutter a few less-loved hair toys
complete the WEO challenge!!!
participate in a swap

zashin66
November 29th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Make fingertip or mid thigh by my birthday in May
Keep my ends moisturized this winter

Reservechic
November 30th, 2018, 07:03 AM
My hair goals for 2019:

1. I plan on doing no cutting of my hair period. i find that i'm able to continue to retain greater length to my hair when I keep the scissors away from my hair. My ends aren't in bad shape, so i plan on going another whole year without letting the scissors get anywhere near my hair, in 2019, and just let my hair continue to grow and flourish on its own.

2. I plan to stick with only using 1 product to style my hair with, or possibly 2 at the most if needed, but no more than that. No adding nothing else to my hair, towards styling it, no oils, leave ins, etc. My hair and scalp doesn't like layering of products on it, as I find that it creates excess buildup for me, and exacerbates my scalp eczema as well.

3. I hace tried the Curly Girl Method a fair number of times, and at this point, I am through with such. It never did anything major for my hair or my scalp, so I am going forward looking to going back to taking my hair the way that o used to, and that is not being afraid to use products in my hair again that have never caused any serious issues for my hair and scalp in the first place. I plan to enjoy my hair journey as best as I can, and I don't have any plans to follow any specific methods to managing my hair, except going by my own one and being content with that.

4. I will incorporate shampoo back into my regimen. So, I will not be exclusively co-washing my hair to cleanse it, anymore. Co-washing is good, but it's just that I have scalp eczema, and I need shampoo in my life, in order to best help with getting my scalp as clean as possible. Any shampoo that I use will be sulfate free of course. Oh, and I will not be using conditioner to wash my hair with ever again. It doesn't get my hair and scalp 100% clean. I plan to use my conditioners as they are meant to be, and no other way, because using a rinse-out conditioner, just never has provided any type of cumulative benefits to my hair, which is why, I have decided to move on from co-washing with rinse out conditioners permanently.

5. I will start back and stay on track with deep conditioning my hair. I had gotten off track with such, but I definitely plan to get back to doing such on a weekly basis. I never plan to go a super long period of time without deep conditioning my hair ever again.

6. I will continue to increase my intake of water, not only for my body's sake, but fir my hair as well.

7. I will cut down on being a product junkie, and try to stick with a set regimen of products, versus constantly adding stuff into my regimen that I really don't need.

8. I will start using a blowdryer to dry my hair, instead of only exclusively air drying my hair anymore. So, that way, I can easily have my hair fully dried in a very short amount of time. Because, there have been times, when I have washed my hair early in the day, and my hair still wasn't fully dry the next morning.

9. Work to reach waist length, or as near waist length as I possibly can before 2019 is over.

10. Continue to do a whole lot of bunning for length retention.

Atarah
December 1st, 2018, 05:19 PM
To do a moisture treatment; hoping to do so seasonally, but even once next year would be an improvement over this past year.

And to learn one new bun.

Spikey
December 1st, 2018, 06:28 PM
1. get to hip solidly and unstretched
2. trim as little as possible
3. do more/different hairsytles
4. moisturize more
5. acquire waaaay too many new TTs without spending lots of money (ha)

BrightEyes
December 1st, 2018, 06:53 PM
1. Get to APL
2. Kick the heat habit
3. Find heat-free curling methods
4. Learn more about henndigo and maybe take the plunge

Knightly
December 2nd, 2018, 12:26 AM
I really want it to be ticker and overall have more hair. I need to keep myself away from stress and harsh brushing, and start using home remedies and oils, also stop using so much shampoo hehe
I want to reach classic by 2019. Hopefully I won't get sick of it and chop it.

Pouncequick
December 2nd, 2018, 05:14 PM
I really want to wear my hair up most of the time and treat it gently.

SheWhoCariesSun
December 2nd, 2018, 07:30 PM
In 2019:
> To have the healthiest hair I've ever had
> To get to arm pit length ----- I'm headed for waist length ultimately.
> To learn braids and updos other than just slapping it in a clippie and going.
> To grow out the choppy back of my hair where I had a A-line bob (back short and front longer) while I was growing out my pixie. I HATE that patch of choppy-ness there.
> To only trim based on the Farmer's Almanac

Riot Crrl
December 2nd, 2018, 07:38 PM
I just want to get back to wearing my hair up with my nice accessories again. I'm a month away from a tiny stubby ponytail, two tops. So a peacock twist, maybe a French twist by the end of the year. Stuff like cinnamon buns are going to be more of a 2020 thing for me.

BlueGypsy
December 3rd, 2018, 12:33 AM
Goals:
- No trims til mid-year and then I can evaluate whether it needs a dusting or a shaping of sorts and then hopefully finish out the year with no trims
- Fill into APL and then keep going! (Perhaps get a good start on the stretch to BSL?)
- Keep up with frequent deep conditioning and low-poo
- More tea and rosemary rinses because my hair feels nice and they make my colour a little more rich
- Sleep with hair in braids more frequently, I've been doing it often recently and it makes my hair feel safe
- Bunning it when I go hiking/walking the dog/exercising
- Keep up with my good trichotilomania suppression habits so I don't get patches again and so my hair can work on evening out to the same length
- Respect the strange feeling hairs because they belong on my head as much as the smooth ones!

Hey, I just want to send you some love! I'm a fellow trich-ster (though mostly my eyebrows) and know how hard it can be. You keep doing great! :)

Wendyclaire
December 3rd, 2018, 04:14 PM
I want to grow to hip this year. AK is so dry so it’s moisturize and treat my hair kind. What I’ve learned from this site. Thanks so much!

Lady Stardust
December 3rd, 2018, 04:25 PM
I plan to:

- Wear my hair up every day unless I have good reason not to (scalp pain, migraine, special occasion)
- Minimise manipulation (wear protective styles, finger comb unless wearing down for special occasion, minimise tangles when washing)
- Have regular microtrims
- Continue to grow henna out and grow greys in
- Keep up with ROO and weekly deep conditioning unless my hair dictates otherwise
- Enjoy the journey!

It would be nice if my fringe and face framing bits were my natural colour by the end of the year, but it depends how much I have trimmed.

floralgem
December 3rd, 2018, 04:31 PM
-learn more updos
-maybe get to below waist from APL
-no trims (of course S&D is allowed)
-try more hair treatments like oil and such
-wear my hair up to bed beyond just a very gentle pony with the scrunchie pulled down

Begemot
December 4th, 2018, 09:24 AM
- Keep using Monistat regularly and see if I can get quicker growth.
- Scalp care (massages, light exfoliating time to time, searching for something to apply on my scalp).
- I need to stop touching my hair!! I love fiddling my hair and doing S&D sessions but it feels like I have my hands in my hair around the clock.
- Get back to regular deep conditioning.
- No highlights in year 2019 for me.
- I'll have solid APL by the end of next year :)

almostghost
December 4th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Over the course of this year I've finally managed to reach the point where I can shampoo only 3-4 times a week without it getting too awfully oily, and I'd like to get that down to 2-3 per week :scissors: blah blah blah

Meh. I changed my mind about stretching washes. I just hate oily hair and itchy scalp too dang much, and I'm starting to doubt that stretching washes will help me much, so it doesn't seem worth it. Also thought a little more about goals for next year:
-go off elastics entirely (except scrunchies)
-learn at least 3 protective updo styles that don't require elastics
-no trim 2019
-pre-poo oiling once a week
-hopefully hit waist! :)

silkystrandz
December 4th, 2018, 07:24 PM
I totally get this !! I have superfine straight hair and by day 3 …..gross!!! I usually try that slicked back deep side part pony (I wear a lot of black on those days with plenty of red lipstick so it looks like I am tre' city chick instead of tre'dirty dirtbag… But yep day3 is my limit!

GreySelkie
December 5th, 2018, 02:54 AM
* Continue to grow out my natural hair colour,
currently 8 months in and finally starting to see daylight! Hopefully I will have virgin hair down to my shoulders by December 2019.
* Maybe antithetical to the above, but have a bit of fun with direct dyes while the ends of my hair are still lighter and more porous. Been feeling the purple hair itch lately - maybe I'll do it for my birthday.
* Continue growing out my layers and fringe and get my hair to a more uniform length so that it doesn't poke out every which way when it's braided.
* Try co-washing every second or third wash and going cone-free to see how those work for me.
* Microtrim every second month.
* Learn how to appreciate and better manage my hair's natural texture.
* And finally, master the crown braid!

cestlavie
December 5th, 2018, 09:47 AM
I want to grow it to BSL,
Cut off the last 5 inches of old bleach,
Learn to do french and dutch braids on myself,
Stick to products that work for me and only buy new stuff when needed.

butterfly_dream
December 5th, 2018, 12:59 PM
- Reach knee.
- Maintain at knee the rest of the year.
Easy and boring. LOL. :)

Suortuva
December 5th, 2018, 04:09 PM
My goals:
- wear my hair mostly up/contained
- regular deep treatments
- reach BSL
- probably start microtrimming

I've been thinking about this a bit more, and the most important goal for me is: I'm gonna enjoy my hair!

I hope it'll grow, I'm gonna take good care of it, but I wanna feel my hair is something fun for me.

tigerlily
December 9th, 2018, 10:19 PM
My routine and general haircare has slipped a bit in the last few years and my hair has shrunk(!) from knee+ to I think a little shorter than knee (hard to tell, haven't had a chance to grab a random person and ask them to check, lol).
So my goal is to get back on track and be nice to my hair again, grow back past knee, hopefully to calf, with microtrims to tidy up the thin ends a bit as I go.

Hailwidis
December 10th, 2018, 04:37 AM
My goals for 2019 are pretty straightforward and can be summed up as: recover from shed.

Here's the more detailed version:
- maintain at waist with microtrims every month/other month, to let thickness catch up
- be more consistent with protective hairstyles
- practice braids
- look for a serum/leave-in that my hair likes

Mademoiselle
December 10th, 2018, 05:07 AM
My main goal for 2019 is to reach WL (I'm Bsl now), get away from the bleach and microtrim every three months so that my layers go equal to the long. oh and my bangs!!right now it is at the height of my mouth, I want it to grow as much as possible without cutting it.

gustavonut
December 11th, 2018, 02:10 AM
I’m hoping to make it to APL at some point in 2019. I’m going to have a really funky layered mullet but I’ve decided not to cut it until I’ve hit shoulder, then I’ll trim a bit off. I’m keeping my bangs and gonna keep coloring it dark too :)

Ju
December 11th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Hey, I just want to send you some love! I'm a fellow trich-ster (though mostly my eyebrows) and know how hard it can be. You keep doing great! :)

Thank you BlueGypsy I appreciate the support :o :o :o :o

MotherofPhoenix
December 11th, 2018, 05:50 PM
1) no trim (unless it will be healthy for my hair)
2) reach APL at the beginning of the year and BSL at the end of the year
3) DRINK 70oz OF WATER EVERYDAY (lol lets see)
4) I want to do protein/moisture treatments monthly ( I'm bad about that but my hair loves it)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Hopefully we all reach our goals :D

ExpectoPatronum
December 11th, 2018, 06:45 PM
My goal is to go the entire year without trimming. We'll see where that gets me length-wise.

Ophidian
December 11th, 2018, 09:20 PM
In addition to no trimming for the year, I’m adding:

1) Grow to waist (almost there!) and reach tailbone by the end of 2019
2) Maintain my routine of herb washes 1x/week, medicated crown only washes 1x/week, and oiling ends nightly
3) Keep drinking water, actually take those multivitamins and fish oil caps I bought, and cook more healthy meals for myself
4) Try to keep up with at least quarterly length shots

growbabybrow
December 12th, 2018, 03:23 AM
Ah! I love new year goal/intention setting!

My goals for 2019 are:

One tiny trim.
Make waist (30.5 inches) from BSL (currently 25.5 inches) by the end of the year.
Keep up with the monthly egg/oil mask but don't overdo it.
Find the best wash routine.
Night braids.

related:
drink more water
cook at home more
get more exercise
stress less, chill more

Good luck everyone! Stoked to watch us all achieve our goals! :grouphug:

elfynity
December 12th, 2018, 04:21 AM
My goal this year is to microtrim a very little amount every 2 to 3 months, and to hopefully grow out to MBL.

I want to come to terms with my 2b curly hair and figure out how to work with my curls instead of straightening them.

Bee_le_Fay
December 12th, 2018, 01:38 PM
I'm going to:
1. trim twice at the very most this year
2. grow my hair back to BSL (MBL if my hair keeps growing at the rate it has :p)
3. not even touch commercial hair dye
4. not put any heat on it

victorian girl
December 12th, 2018, 03:28 PM
1. To reach WL stretched without getting frustrated and cutting everything off (as I usually do at this point);
2. To improve thickness or, at least, keep shedding to the minimum (proper eating and supplements - it seems to be working);
3. To continue with my current routine and good hair habits - I don't wear my hair down at all, which I've previously thought to be impossible, oil my ends, use softer elastics and scrunchies, and I've only seen a couple of split ends so far;
4. To trim in spring - I do usually get some damage in winter, and my hemline is usually going from U to V with more length, so that's why;
5. To find some super-great conditioner - I haven't seen my favourite conditioner in a while, and the others I've tried are too liquidy for me, need something thicker and richer.

Good luck everyone with your goals in the new year!

LittleHealthy
December 12th, 2018, 05:31 PM
My first goal is to only wear my hair down a maximum of twice per week, preferably once or never.
Second goal is not to trim at all.
Third goal is to try and get to waist length by December!

wannabe-rusalka
December 12th, 2018, 10:49 PM
For 2019 I would like to:
1) Grow my hair back to BSL+(I recently chopped back to APL)
2) Get the courage to do some strand tests with henna
3) Trim as little as possible and still keep my hair healthy
4) Save up for some new haircutting scissors
5) Do an oil treatment/deep treatment at least once a month

JackintheBox
December 13th, 2018, 09:43 AM
1. Grow past waist length with a blunt hemlines e. (Should be within 6 months or so)
2. Start wearing braids out and about. Currently really just a home lounging style.
3. Learn 2 new buns. And use them.
4. Have fun being a longhair!

Xan
December 13th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Get to classic and beyond, small micro trims and wash more to improve my scalp.

NovellyBella
December 16th, 2018, 08:09 PM
My 2019 hair goals are:

~Grow out to hips and attempt reach tailbone by Dec. 2019
~Maintain oiling ends every other day, and oil treatments 1x/week
~Trim once every 3-4 months to prevent split ends with S&D daily
~Start doing henna treatments every 3-6 months
~Buy more hair accessories and have fun experimenting with new braids/buns/daily hairstyles

EdG
December 16th, 2018, 09:27 PM
I will continue to grow out the matted/broken section. It is looking less wonky every month.
Ed

naturalnurse
December 17th, 2018, 12:54 AM
My goals are pretty straightforward, fingers crossed I can achieve them.

- reach waist length - ideally longer if possible (I'm just brushing BSL now)
- continue to grow out my natural colour
- minimal trims, preferably one or two dustings to keep the split ends at bay
- wear more protective hairstyles
- find a shampoo to help manage my greasy roots/scalp

Angsthase
December 17th, 2018, 05:53 AM
My goal is to grow it to APL while slowly trimming the hemline to be more even. Hoping to reach waistlength by June 2021!

browntatis
December 17th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Hi, I enjoyed reading everybody's goals, I hope we can all reach them.
This are my hair goals for 2019:
1. Grow my hair to WL (currently I'm between APL and BSL)
2. No-trimming for the whole year.
3. No heat at all, unless is a special occasion.
4. Start wearing my hair up (I always wear it down)
5. Keep air drying my hair after washing.
6. Buy hair toys and use them (I only have one)
7. Learn a few up hairstyles.
8. Incorporate ACV rinses after washing.
9. Embrace my natural hair texture (1a/1b)
10. Restore my ends (they are so dry and crunchy!)
11. And I am actually considering to stop dyeing my hair (black) and grow my natural hair color (medium ash brown) but I haven't decided yet, but I have this last 2 weeks to make up my mind.

That's my list. I will do my best to fulfill my goals.

Arciela
December 17th, 2018, 02:45 PM
My goals change so often since I've been growing out bleach but I think I am almost done so I can finally stick with some goals instead of bouncing back and forth.

- Grow out my hair again, goal is as long as I can stand it
- Micro trim to get rid of the last couple inches of bleach
- Do more deep treatments
- Be way more patient
- Benign neglect...I have been focusing on my hair way too much lately
- Use up the rest of my stash then only buy HG stuff
- Get some more hair toys..and grow my hair long enough so I can actually use them again

DaniGirl
December 26th, 2018, 02:28 PM
Oh love this thread, everyone has such pretty hair and goals.

For 2019, for me:

- grow out deep v nape undercut, bangs, layers and overthinned hair to get to a nice blunt hemline at shoulder length.
- get the last 3 inches of bleach and red cut off with trims/microtrims every 3 months.
- no thinning with scissors, let’s see how thick my hair can get.
- try a cone and sulfate free shampoo and conditioner
- get my hair in a good place to grow to APL/ BSL hair in 2020.

clandestine
December 26th, 2018, 06:14 PM
I'm going to grow out my bangs and go no trim fo 2019. I was way too scissor happy this year due to a lot of stress so I'm hoping 2019 will just be a relaxing year of growth and maintenance of my length. I also want to use up a lot of the products I've accumulated.

butterflybutton
December 29th, 2018, 08:55 PM
My hair goals for 2019 are to reach classic stretched first then maintain there to thicken up the ends.

Colour wise I will continue to grow out the bleach, but if I want to colour then I will, I've got a substantial amount of virgin hair now, but I don't want to obsess over growing it out yet

And again I will aim to add one more hairstyle into regular rotation.

Afanen
December 29th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Stop using box dyes, grow out my bangs (they're at the most annoying eyeball length atm) and get it to an acceptable length to chop the bleached ends.

Danglish
December 30th, 2018, 12:41 AM
- No trim 2019
- .... So definitely wearing my hair up all day, every day!
- Get a selected few high-quality hair toys
- Getting more oils, and a protein hair mask
- Putting the items above to good use
- See what happens when I gradually exclude cones

Natalia_A00
December 30th, 2018, 06:08 AM
I think I'm going to trim a little bit to get rid of some damage, so my goals are
-reach hip length
-maintain it healthy and try better and more "organic" and gentler products
-learn how to do original and beautiful hairstyles and updos (to protect my hair)
-maybe buy some accessories for my hair
-just take better care of it!

Reyn127
December 31st, 2018, 05:40 PM
My goals this year are pretty simple:
-Get some MOISTURE, as well as general TLC, to my ends.
-Keep on the S&D a little better. I think I need to do at least 3 thorough sessions per year to keep splits at bay.
-Take more length pictures! I really failed at that during 2018.

MusicalSpoons
December 31st, 2018, 05:43 PM
I think I need to add cleaning my mirror to my list of hair goals! That, and try to keep up with seasonal/3-monthly length (well, hemline) shots.

Edit: Oh, and buy fewer hairtoys or at least sell some I've kind of outgrown.

Ylva
December 31st, 2018, 07:33 PM
That's a good point, MusicalSpoons. I also need to start taking proper length shots regularly, or at least every once in a while.

lithostoic
December 31st, 2018, 07:55 PM
I've decided. Whether or not my demarcation passes waist, I'm going to chop off any remaining dye at the end of 2019. Right now it's about APL-BSL and I can easily get it to BSL-WL in a year I think.

MotherofPhoenix
December 31st, 2018, 08:08 PM
-reach arm pit length
- self microtrim/ no trim
-more moisture & protein treatments
-give up heat completely

GlacierLacie
December 31st, 2018, 09:13 PM
My hair goals for 2019 would be something along the lines of..

1. Oil more (already started on this!)
2. Trim it less
3. Learn new protective hair styles

and most importantly... 4. Reach tailbone length!!!!! I'm so close :D

Claireabelle123
January 1st, 2019, 12:49 AM
I think my goals are:

Read bsl by half way through the year and onto my ultimate goal which is waist.

I want to trim it once today and then leave it for at least 6 months but if it's alright then keep on growing with no trims for the rest of the year.

And finally, my goal is to spend more on higher quality hair products

Happy new year everyone 😊

kikuhoshi
January 1st, 2019, 01:27 AM
My goals are simple:

1. Classic by Christmas/New Year's, and maaaybe Fingertip length if I pass Classic quickly enough.
2. Keep taking my vitamins, at least until they run out. At least I'll finally get some use oit of my prenatals, right?
3. Find a leave-in that isn't too heavy/slimy. The dollar store shea brand is going quite well, but dollar stores tend to switch out products, so I don't want to grow attached only to lose it.

JennGalt
January 1st, 2019, 02:04 AM
Maintain or thicken hemline, grow to classic stretched and TBL w/ flattened curls in need of a wash. (My freshly washed curls are way too unpredictable interms of shrinkage to set a goal.)

Edit: One more goal—eliminate glycerin from my hair care regimen as much as practically possible. It’s in almost everything, but I discovered and confirmed rather recently my hair hates it. Particularly in leave in products.

Solgave
January 1st, 2019, 02:23 AM
Wear hair up at least 5 days a week and no trims bigger than 1cm :)

Elliandra
January 1st, 2019, 02:28 AM
No trims
Take a length shot every month
Measure every month
Get to waist length
Learn some nice styles
Get some hair toys
Learn more about henna
Oil regularly

Missymo
January 1st, 2019, 03:08 AM
Get my spilt ends under control. (Involving regular trips. A normal trim every two months and doing a dusting every month)

Use a rice water and onion juice mask every time I wash to help hair growth.

Buy some decent hair pins and maybe a flexi clip.

Learn to brush my hair gently.

Brush twice daily with my boar bristle brush.

Knit myself some decent scrunchies to use in place of hair ties.

Learn some new buns held up with chopsticks.

Perfect learning how to French and Dutch Braid.

Possibly buy myself a wooden brush and comb to use in place of my wet brush.

Learn to thank God for giving lovely long hair that really already is quite beautiful.

Grow my hair back to waist length.

And finally learn not to stress over my hair but be content with the progress I make toward having long heathy hair.

Johannah
January 1st, 2019, 03:14 AM
Getting back thicker and healthy hair again:
- wearing it up
- a looooot of deep conditioner
- pre wash treatments (oils)
- getting a routine in check
- microtrimming
- probably starting with a bigger cut (?)

zashin66
January 1st, 2019, 03:32 AM
Knee length..........

More of a dream..........

Sigh........

Taliesin
January 1st, 2019, 10:56 PM
1) Reach classic length (~2" away... kinda surreal!)
2) Slow down the growth pace and trim a bit more often to try to achieve/maintain as thick a hemline as possible

That's about it, really!

HazyMoon
January 2nd, 2019, 12:41 AM
Hair Goals!

1. Reach APL, which should be possible if I'm conservative with trims
2. Increase thickness. My hair hasn't been thicker than 2.5 inches in recent years, but I want to try out some new methods to encourage growth where I've lost hair
3. Play with wigs to switch things up instead of cutting/dyeing my hair. I always get bored with my hair and do something different, and that has led to very short hair

veryhairyfairy
January 2nd, 2019, 06:50 AM
I have fun goals this year because I'm excited to accomplish them!

1. Stick to growing out my natural color

2. Weekly deep treatments to care for this newly bleached hair

3. Seasonal/quarterly pictures because I think it will be fun

4. Seasonal/quarterly trims to maintain around this length

5. Have fun with it!

Happy 2019 y'all!!! Good luck with all your goals! :cheer:

ReadingRenee
January 2nd, 2019, 11:23 AM
My hair goal for 2019 is pretty simple this year.

That is to leave it alone. Accept that it grows unevenly, accept that some lengths and stages look weird and other ones look better and just leave it alone. Also, do not cut in layers or try to give it a "shape".

I am in the 2019 no trim challenge for this year.

My goal is to reach BSL when wet by the end of the year.

Also, to do an oil treatment before washing at least once a week.

Rosy blossom
January 3rd, 2019, 12:10 PM
My main goal is to have classic length hair. At the moment my hair is past BSL but not quite WL, unless I stretch the strands. So to help me get to the classic length I plan on:
1) Doing more oiling and massaging
2) Eating healthy balanced foods
3) Deep conditioning once a month
4) Snipping any split ends
5) Trying home made masques, see which one works for my hair type and texture
6) Learning new ways to do braids and buns
7) Avoiding getting obsessed with length checks every week lol

I'm sure I can think of some more but right now I have a migraine so that's all from me! 😂

_fred_
January 6th, 2019, 03:25 AM
I was going to do this last week, then forgot. OK:

* No-trim challenge for the first six months. My last trim was in the summer, so this could be a bad idea, but I'm keen to see/feel how much it grows.
* Keep wearing it up for work.
* Transition to henna.
* Reach BSL properly.
* Make an effort to enjoy it.

harpgal
January 6th, 2019, 07:10 AM
I plan to trim back to knee this year. I have not cut that much off my hair for 45 years, so it is difficult to finally do it. However, I have been thinking about it for many months. At ankle length, my very fine hair is much to prone to tangles. So the journey downward will soon become the journey upward.

MillieBee
January 6th, 2019, 08:15 AM
Going to finally reach my knees this year!

Then it'll be time for my once-every-five-years trim. :p

hannabiss
January 6th, 2019, 08:22 AM
Literally trying to ignore it until Dec 31. Other than washing 2x a week. Its only chin length so no styles for now.

Glitch
January 6th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Be gentle with my hair when brushing. I really do rip through it sometimes in a hurry, and because of that, had to S&D way too much.

Keep it in a side brain or loose bun whenever I’m not really going out. Especially while driving in my -40 degree winters with the friction against my backpack/straps/belt etc.

I’ve totally been forgetting to take my time :doh:

unicourtney
January 6th, 2019, 11:31 AM
I damaged my hair terribly throughout 2017 by giving up co-washing and overusing clarifying shampoo and sulfates. Last year I resolved to strictly co-wash and pamper my hair with deep conditioning treatments and Olaplex. I also cut off 9 inches of damage throughout the year. Combined with the breakage, that brought me from waist-hip to BSL.

1) Co-wash only at home. My colorist shampoos my hair every 3 weeks when I get highlights and pastels.
2) Stop drenching my hair in oil. It started to work against me last year and prevented the various treatments I used from penetrating. I cut out the oil at the end of December and the difference is like night and day.
3) Monistat every 3 days. My hair has been growing 50% faster even with inconsistent use.
4) Learn a few different buns and try to find a way to make my air-dried hair look more polished.
5) Finish a year of collagen powder, MSM powder, silica and Viviscal.
6) I have no idea if waist will be attainable by the end of the year, but keep working toward it.
7) Never neglect my hair ever again. 2+ years ago it was so healthy and so full, despite coloring and heat styling, that I thought it could survive anything. I'm never making that mistake again.

raemarthe
January 7th, 2019, 06:22 PM
1. Not to chop it. No more than 1-2 inches in trims at most.
2. Grow it longer than 26 inches.
3. Focus on growing it out
4. No bleach or dyes
5. No straightening irons

Zalicat
January 7th, 2019, 06:24 PM
- no trim for the first half
- get to at least waist length
- start catnip soaks for split ends
- learn more buns and braids

Gisela
January 7th, 2019, 07:32 PM
My main goals are:
1) Be consistent with my hair care routine, so that I can maintain my no-trim 2019 goal.
2) Grow from FTL to knee (or at least, mid-thigh, let's set attainable goals here lol)
3) Pay special care to my ends, so they don't thin.
4) Wear my hair up everyday to reduce damage...added to this, practice my bun-making skills...still really bad at using flexi-8's, so hoping to get better this year.
5) Try Monistat for 3 consecutive months and see if it works.
6) Start measuring my hair monthly.

Ylva
January 8th, 2019, 03:01 AM
I think I need to update my goals for the year.

1) Length-wise I hope to reach TBL (again) by the end of the year, BCL around summertime.

2) Microtrim throughout the year.

3) Try and use satin pillowcases as much as possible.

4) Wear my hair in a bun most of the time when not in bed.

5) Try to brush less.

6) Improve the overall condition of my hair through microtrimming and good hair practises.

7) Try to learn more buns and to braid myself.

ExpectoPatronum
January 8th, 2019, 08:55 PM
I don't have any length goals. My main goal is to go the year without trimming and to see where that gets me :)

kph12
January 9th, 2019, 08:46 AM
My goals for the year are:

1. Develop a consistent hair oiling routine.
2. Do the inversion method for one week every month.
3. Continue reducing the amount of silicones I use in my hair.
4. Reach Midback length or waist length by the end of the year. That's quite a stretch since I'm currently ~just~ past APL. But I'm aiming high this year!

Luna Starsetta
January 9th, 2019, 06:18 PM
i like your attainable goals go get em this year you can do it! we all can!

Luna Starsetta
January 9th, 2019, 06:31 PM
alrighty...My Goals:

- NO TRIMMING 2019!:run:

- monthly pictures for my own benefit to see how i am doing. of course i will post them here as well.:gobblecheese:

- monthly measurements by the DH.:agape: Jan 38"√ Feb 39"√ Mar?? Apr May June July Aug Sept Nov Dec

- Reach 40" aka my Classic by April 2019 (if i gain 2 inches of growth in 4 months aka 0.5" a month which is average. perks to being short.):cheer:

- Reach 44" aka Fingertip Length By December 2019 ( if i gain another 4 inches in 8 months also being 0.5" a month. again perks to being short.):cheese:

- also more of a personal goal but teach the DH to 3 strand braid my hair.:magic: ~ he did it! √

- Keep up with my regimen rotation!:joy:

MusicalSpoons
February 23rd, 2019, 07:24 AM
I think I need to add cleaning my mirror to my list of hair goals! That, and try to keep up with seasonal/3-monthly length (well, hemline) shots.

Edit: Oh, and buy fewer hairtoys or at least sell some I've kind of outgrown.

2 months in and I've cleaned my mirror :happydance: (a big deal when I don't even have the energy to get dressed most days) and it wasn't quite the ordeal I feared. Cleaned it with a heavy-duty wipe, then a couple of days later went over it with a Minky microfibre cloth. I can now post length shots without having to apologise for the state of the mirror! :grin:

I actually forgot I wasn't supposed to be buying too many more hairtoys :doh: but I'm well on the way to planning to sell some :)

Begemot
February 23rd, 2019, 07:37 AM
2 months in and I've cleaned my mirror :happydance:

Good job MusicalSpoons! :cheer:

MusicalSpoons
February 23rd, 2019, 08:27 AM
Good job MusicalSpoons! :cheer:

Why thank you! :D :flower:

Agava
February 23rd, 2019, 08:49 AM
No trim
No dye
APL

sweetvalley00
February 25th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Writing the goals down is so much more clarifying than my typical "I want healthier, longer hair." Thanks for the inspiration to get these written down!

1) Brush hair and massage scalp before bed
2) Experiment with different techniques for 30 days, as recommended
3) Less pulling on split ends (bad, bad habit)
4) Have the longest hair I've had in my life (getting there)
5) Learn how to treat my hair so that I love it when it dries naturally.

BerrySara
February 25th, 2019, 04:09 PM
This was so much fun to read everyone's goals :) I figured I will join as well in listing them.

1) No trim for 2019, just S&D
2) Reach MBL with wet/stretched hair
3) Reach APL with shrinkage
4) Take bi-monthly pics to track hair growth
5) Continue with weekly deep conditioning treatments

tekla
February 25th, 2019, 04:27 PM
1) Only two more trims
2) Reach shoulder length and be on my way to APL
3) Monthly pics to check on my progress
4) Less playing with hair to prevent mechanical damage
5) Establish a hair care routine that will help keep the ends as thick and healthy as possible
6) Stop blowdrying as soon as the length permits
7) Perhaps biotin or MSM?

meljan
February 25th, 2019, 06:17 PM
By the end of 2019 I’d like to be at BSL, at least, and begin growing out my natural color. I’d say I have four inches to go to hit BSL, hoping it’s a realistic length considering I’m probably going to have to trim some due to bleach damage on my ends....grumble. I made a poor choice in January and painted highlights to blend my roots to my ends. My virgin hair turns into an oil slick so fast.

priinnz
February 25th, 2019, 06:37 PM
2019 goals:
1. Reach BCL/TBL.
2. Thicken hemline
3. Henna every 3-4 weeks
4. More updos or braids
5. Get a hair toy

Zesty
February 25th, 2019, 06:45 PM
Mostly get to FTL. I have a couple of hairstyle projects planned but not goals per se.

Pol
February 26th, 2019, 08:01 AM
This thread has been a fun read! I'm very late to the game, but here are my very simple goals for the year:
- Continue growing, whilst trimming to get rid of the last of my coloured ends (I hope I will be rid of them by the end of the year!)
- Find more comfy, easy updos that my natural hair doesn't slither out of the second I take my eyes off it!
- Get past waist length and on towards hip (quite a big gap between the two milestones on me so I'm not sure how long it will take)

Simpscone
February 26th, 2019, 09:03 AM
1. Not dye my hair!! This is potentially the hardest one for me
2. Only trim a minimum of every 6 months - I would like to go longer but as I'm growing out bleach damage I don't think that's a good idea
3. Grow my hair past APL and be on my way to BSL. I have no idea how possible that is, I need to do some measuring, but APL isn't too far away so I'm hopeful.
4. Work on growing out all my layers

Haven
February 26th, 2019, 04:28 PM
- Grow past WL (3 more inches!)
- Find updos I don't mind putting up and wearing regularly
- Incorporate face-framing layers into length

Charlotta64
February 27th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Classic!
Am at tailbone now.

chomsky
February 27th, 2019, 12:44 PM
• Find the right products to wear my hair down when it's humid.
• Grow to hip.
• No straightening or trimming this year!
• Stretch hair more to use sticks on a more regular basis.

:o

Lizabeth94
February 27th, 2019, 08:42 PM
My goal is to grow to a shoulder length or collarbone length layered hairstyle, assuming my hair doesn't start falling out from Amovig (my new migraine medication.)
I'm planning to self trim my mullet until the sides are long enough to cover my ears, and then let it keep growing till the end of the end of the year and get it trimmed into something respectable looking around new years 2020.

https://lovehairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/trendy-medium-length-hairstyles-for-thick-hair-9.jpg

Something like this would be perfect.

I'm planning to hide the awkward stages by using headbands, and doing mini dutch braids like this, which I've done before:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f6/0a/d9/f60ad9918c75bdcc76112de2faafed54.jpg

Also headbands work great, or if I can tolerate a ponytail I'll just put as much hair as possible in the ponytail and use headbands and hairspray to hold up the hairs that are too short to stay tied back. I could even try a faux bun extension/hairpiece.

forestwizard
February 28th, 2019, 03:06 AM
2019 Hair Goals:

1. be able to do a full ponytail by 15 June (1 year head shave anniversary)
2. be able to do a crown braid and french braid by 31 December. I feel like it'll be easy to keep growing after I can do those two styles easily.
3. no trimming! (I'll probably also do no-trimming 2020)
4. stick to my "growing routine": monistat 3x a weeks, 3 months on & 1 month rest; and inversion method 1st week of every month
5. really nail down a good routine. I'm still getting used to my hair being so curly, so it's been a challenge.

itskate
February 28th, 2019, 09:18 AM
1. Grow to BSL! And have thoroughly longer hair than I ever had in my life.
2. Take care of my ends and stop causing breakage due to neglectful hair care... I'm already getting better about this but I will need to be extra good about detangling and gently combing as it grows.
3. Learn to self trim??? Depends how much overall length I have, but I really want to cut off the split and bleached ends from forever ago. At the very least, start dusting split ends off when I see them.
4. Fully master a consistent, easy curly hair routine for long hair.

Hailey
February 28th, 2019, 10:30 AM
my number one hair goal for this year is ZERO heat what so ever which my be hard cause i have a wedding to go to this summer but ill figure it out :) my second goal is to care more about what i eat for my hair

SoulMagic
February 28th, 2019, 11:09 AM
My goal is why I found the forum.

I'm going for waist length this year. I will evaluate trimming in August but will probably go no trims until next Feb. I am looking for things to hep my hair grow faster and healthier. My bangs I want to grow to lip length and then decide if I'm growing them out or keeping them as longer bangs. No more hair dye, no matter how drastic the line turns out.

Reservechic
February 28th, 2019, 11:23 AM
As much moisture retention as I can possibly get. And, for me to finally make some major progress in getting my scalp eczema under better control.

Milkchocolate
February 28th, 2019, 11:28 AM
By the end of this year I should be at knee! I’m so excited! I’ve never reached that length before

colormehappy
February 28th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Late to the game but here are mine:

1. No trimming except monthly dustings
2. Grow from SL to APL
3. Oil overnight before each wash day
4. Take a length picture at least every season
5. Find at least two quick, everyday styles that aren’t ponytails. Then actually wear them.
6. No heat

Mei_Lin
February 28th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Reach tailbone length and learn more about hair care

klmt
February 28th, 2019, 01:42 PM
1. Learn to braid!
2. Transition to washing hair twice a week, rather than every other day.
2a. Buy a shower cap.
3. Change my part??

lemonlollies
February 28th, 2019, 04:38 PM
- invest in a silk pillow/sleeping cap and wear hair in a braid at night
- use sulfate free shampoo
- S&D and microtrim to keep ends healthy but no salon visits until April/May at the earliest
- invest in some hair forks/sticks and learn some new styles

I’m really itching to trim my ends at the moment as they are so thin and wispy, I’m growing out damage caused before I joined LHC and I’m around mid-back/waist, but a salon visit at the moment might take me back to bsl and I really want to get to waist with a blunt hemline!

Wavykate
March 1st, 2019, 02:30 PM
No trims!!
Get to APL

Keeping it simple this year as last year I went crazy cutting all my hair off!!

DannyOlivia
March 2nd, 2019, 09:31 AM
My hair goals for 2019 are to cut off into a pixie, wear my hair out curly, and to take better care of it. Because I just want a change I’m 15 years old and have always had a huge Afro and my hair really long when straightened. And before I start the process of growing my hair really long I want to experience short hair.

Gwyned
March 2nd, 2019, 10:29 AM
More frequent scalp massages.
Better moisturizing practices.
Deep condition regularly.
No trimming.
Hair length past my buttocks. (I guess that's three inches away so this is very much within reach).

Luna Starsetta
March 5th, 2019, 07:28 PM
alrighty...My UPDATED Goals:

- NO TRIMMING 2019!:run: (wasn't strong enough cut in May)

- monthly pictures for my own benefit to see how i am doing. of course i will post them here as well.:gobblecheese:

- monthly measurements by the DH.:agape: Jan 38"✓ Feb 39"✓ Mar40"✓ Apr 40.5"✓ May 38.5"✓ June 39.5" July 40" ✓Aug 40.5"✓ Sept 41"✓ Oct ✓ Nov ✓ Dec ✓

- Reach 40" aka my Classic by April 2019 (if i gain 2 inches of growth in 4 months aka 0.5" a month which is average. perks to being short.):cheer: √ did it a head of schedule! Super happy and excited!!!

- Reach 44" aka Fingertip Length By December 2019 ( if i gain another 4 inches in 8 months also being 0.5" a month. again perks to being short.):cheese:

- also more of a personal goal but teach the DH to 3 strand braid my hair.:magic: ~ he did it! √

- Keep up with my regimen rotation!:joy:

Gwyned
March 5th, 2019, 10:51 PM
alrighty...My UPDATED Goals:

- NO TRIMMING 2019!:run:

- monthly measurements by the DH.:agape: Jan 38"√ Feb 39"√ Mar40"√ Apr May June July Aug Sept Nov Dec

- Reach 40" aka my Classic by April 2019 (if i gain 2 inches of growth in 4 months aka 0.5" a month which is average. perks to being short.):cheer: √ did it a head of schedule! Super happy and excited!!!

- Keep up with my regimen rotation!:joy

Wow! Congratulations on reaching classic length!

blackgothicdoll
March 5th, 2019, 10:59 PM
My number one goal is growing out my heat damage. I think by default I should be able to get to full APL in 2019, but I don't mind if I have to stay there all year if it means being rid of my heat damage. After the damage is all gone, I'm sure I can grow my hair super long. :)

Some changes, I think I will shoot for BSL by the end of the year. :o I might not make it, but that's the goal. I'm grazing APL now, I haven't done my length check but if I'm not there this month, I know I'll be there April. Then we'll just see how much further I can get this year and I'll be happy with that regardless.

So I will not be cutting out the heat damage (as it is not breaking or doing anything, it's just straight hair that looks bad), but I'll just let it grow out on its own. I haven't trimmed in almost three months and haven't felt the need to. I'll revisit in 6 months and microtrim on my own.

I'm 1 month without heat. I think I want to go for 6 months straight this time around. Godspeed....

Luna Starsetta
March 6th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Wow! Congratulations on reaching classic length!

Thank you very much!!!

frostedeyes
March 6th, 2019, 07:06 PM
My hair goals:

Extremely shiny, thick, healthy hair.

Classic length :)

Patience32
March 6th, 2019, 07:21 PM
1. Reach WL
2. Learn and perfect some fancy updos for date nights, weddings, holidays. Something more than my everyday buns. Without heat.
3. Persevere in my commitments to not color, cut, or use heat.

Rivanariko
March 6th, 2019, 07:28 PM
1)get back into a good haircare routine.
2) purchase new shampoo bars to facilitate #1
3) find at least one opportunity to do something fancy with it a month. Even if that is going to the grocery store.
4) back to at least TBL, since I chopped to around hip a few weeks ago to get rid of color damage.

brexit
March 12th, 2019, 06:25 AM
I have a wedding in July and looking for some cool hair style. I wish my wedding would be the happiest day in my life but I have never thought it would be so difficult to arrange everything. I even have a planner SPAM BE HERE!!] and it is really helpful but I can not find a great hair style yet. I hope for your ideas. ;)

TatsuOni
September 6th, 2019, 09:54 AM
It's already September. So how is it going with everyone's goals? :)

- Get it as long as possible
- Regular S&D
- Learn new hairstyles
- Variate my hairstyles more often

- It's getting longer.
- S&D is going alright
- I've learnt some new hairstyles and will learn more before the end of the year
- I'm better at variating my hairstyles, although I sometimes do the same bun a few days in a row

MusicalSpoons
September 6th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Good idea to check in TatsuOni! :D

- Get to calf length
- No trimming for some time (undecided so far, but likely first half of the year)
- Start microtrimming my way to a more even hemline
- Use up some of my conditioner stash!

- Getting there!
- Yep (laziness ftw!)
- Ha, nope (see above, laziness)
- Kinda ... but I keep adding to it little by little, quicker than I'm using it up :doh:

Tinyponies
September 6th, 2019, 10:28 AM
I’m planning to get my crazy bout of hair shedding/thinning under control. That will make me super happy.

Other than that I’ll keep on taking care of what I have left and keep on wearing it gently bunned every day.

Aw, great idea to check in.

Shedding is still heavy but I haven’t experienced the intensity I did this time last year where I was losing literal handfuls st a time. Re growth is constant and a lot of hairs are shedding out while still short. I’m learning to get used to it so yeah pretty happy :)

Bun plans are going great, I’m comfortable most of the time and have to take it down to rest my scalp less and less. Longer hair (and thinner length) means looser buns are holding better too.

AmaryllisRed
September 6th, 2019, 11:29 AM
Grow to classic, thicken up my hemline. Continue to avoid heat.

Yes, noooooooo, yes.
Silly me, thinking I'd sacrifice length for a thicker hemline.

hinabelle
September 6th, 2019, 11:55 AM
1) Just get longer.
2) Figure out if there's anything I can do to get it looking healthier.

Jas
September 6th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Right, after reviewing my 2018 goals (which I'm very pleased with) here are my 2019 hair goals:

1. Classic length - My plan is to let it grow past classic until I finish my university course (August/September 2019) and then trim back to classic for a blunt hemline, starting to get rid of the blonde dye finally. It's currently at TBL+. So.. I'll join no trim first half of 2019 :D Then no trimming for the rest of the year - I want to go for mid thigh length.
2. Grow out the dye and by the end of the year reach at least shoulder length all virgin hair. It's currently at chin.
3. I want to continue my instagram - trying new hairstyles has really helped me branch out rather than focusing just on length, and I've found some amazingly comfy styles as well as gorgeous intricate ones.
4. I need to use the hairtoys I do have - so apart from any swaps I choose to join, buying hairtoys is banned for the next year! Swaps will have to be my main treat.. :D

I guess that's it. I'm so excited to be in uncharted territory with my hair - The longest I had ever had it before was an extremely bleach damaged and tapered BCL. Now I'm heading towards my original long term goal of classic.. I really never thought I'd get there. LHCitis though, the goal is now mid thigh length lol. Who knows what I'll decide then, depending on how the hemline looks ;D

Ooh good idea to check in, forgot about this.
1. Yep, reached classic and I trimmed back in June to just-before-classic, however it's now beyond classic again which makes me happy. It's not as blunt as I'd like it, but it's not as fairytail as it was.
2. I do have shoulder length all virgin hair. In fact, I think it's heading towards APL.. I thought my growth would be slower as it slowed for quite a while so I'm glad it's exceeded expectations!
3.Instagram dropped off the radar, I post fairly rarely now but I'm not too worried about it - I've been busy with my course and ending it and doing other hobbies for now, and to be honest not doing it daily is helping me to forget about hair. Benign neglect ftw.
4. I don't think I've bought hairsticks at all this year - I was lucky enough to be gifted some, and I am waiting for a swap box so feeling excited about that!

I think knowing I'm at my original goal of classic and it'll be a while until mid thigh is making me think about my hair a lot less, which is good because I've been busy otherwise - and I did obsess too much before, measuring my hair monthly (now three monthly - coming up in October!). The other side of it is I don't vary my buns very much any more, but I figure I can get back into that when things have settled down job wise and life wise in general. I've been wearing it down more too recently for events which probably doesn't help with damage but sure makes me feel pretty!

That said, in the new year I'm looking forward to making some more hair goals :D Who knows, next year could be mid thigh length!

AutobotsAttack
September 6th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Hoping to be slightly approaching FTL

Corvana
September 6th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Hmmm... Let's see... Two goals that I feel are inevitable: Hit waist and hip. I'm projected to hit hip some time in fall of 2019 or so, so it's not impossible nor even improbable! I'd like to continue finding a routine that's both simple and effective for my waves. I want to try squish to condish, but have to find a way to balance that with needing to rinse with ACV to prevent hard water buildup. I've tried to skip that and it just doesn't work out well for me lol. Perhaps the S2C would go after the ACV? It's not like I'd be fully rinsing anyway...

I'd also like to find a style to practice and get good at! One that looks lovely, but once I've got it down will be easy to do. I struggle with having the energy to do things, so finding something that falls into the balance will be a goal in itself!

I'd also like to decide, once and for all, about henna. I love red hair, and miss mine! I keep thinking about glosses, which would give me a tint and wouldn't build up as much, or as fast. I really need to choose what I want the most out of my hair, outside of length. I already know I want to grow to at least fingertip. That was the easiest part! But everything else? So much harder.

Hit waist and hip! Might hit BCL??
Routine: still haven't gotten the most out of it yet.
S2C: after ACV rinse is perfect!
The style: Tried the spock bun, and may stick with it! Very comfy and stable, and can use a single stick without pulling!
Henna: I'm going to henna or henna gloss when I hit FTL. Unless I decide I want to go further. But I figure if I hit FTL and will either maintain or cut back and maintain, so henna then is less of a scary commitment. If I don't like it, well I'm maintaining anyway so it'll grow out. If I want to grow further, then I'll do henna whenever I hit my limit!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 8th, 2019, 03:22 AM
I'll keep growing and join the two "No trimming for 6 months" challenges. With a little trim to even up the ends in between. I hope to reach calf length.

UPDATE: Well, I did all of the above so am quite happy. And happy to continue on towards ankle.

pixitolong
September 8th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Well at the start of the year I was just wanting to grow out my long pixie, now I can see progress as now its chin and neck (lots of length at the back), so hoping by December I can get past this mullet stage.

Zesty
September 8th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Mostly get to FTL. I have a couple of hairstyle projects planned but not goals per se.

I win! :joy: And early at that. :) I'm happy.

Simpscone
September 8th, 2019, 12:48 PM
1. Not dye my hair!! This is potentially the hardest one for me
2. Only trim a minimum of every 6 months - I would like to go longer but as I'm growing out bleach damage I don't think that's a good idea
3. Grow my hair past APL and be on my way to BSL. I have no idea how possible that is, I need to do some measuring, but APL isn't too far away so I'm hopeful.
4. Work on growing out all my layers

1. This was going well until a week ago. I haven’t touched bleach but I have just dyed my hair, eek!
2. I’ve gone 7 months so far, and I’m aiming to go until the end of this year and then trim at the beginning of each year. Ends are starting to look a little worse for wear though so we’ll see.
3. Done this! I’m solidly a few inches past APL now and heading towards BSL. Will trim back at the end of the year but shouldn’t be back above APL.
4. I’m just leaving them to it at the moment, so I’d say this one is a success!

Other than dying, which I knew would be the hardest for me, I’ve stuck to these and completed them already :)

Nox_Inber
September 8th, 2019, 03:31 PM
It's the last quarter of the year but I think I can squeeze in a few more goals :D

Ongoing:
-Reach APL (Waiting on front length which is SO close, back length is already past)
-Trying out new oils
-Experiment with brushing vs combing

Completed:
-Get a routine down and get my hair back to "normal" after shampoo bars (I'm only making minor adjustments at this point)
-Henndigo for the first time
-Eliminate split ends

Begemot
September 9th, 2019, 01:48 AM
- Keep using Monistat regularly and see if I can get quicker growth.
- Scalp care (massages, light exfoliating time to time, searching for something to apply on my scalp).
- I need to stop touching my hair!! I love fiddling my hair and doing S&D sessions but it feels like I have my hands in my hair around the clock.
- Get back to regular deep conditioning.
- No highlights in year 2019 for me.
- I'll have solid APL by the end of next year :)

- My scalp routine is pretty solid at the moment. I'm not using Monistat very often but still somewhat regularly
- I did well with not touching my hair for 3-4 months, then relapsed for one month and now I'm getting back to it...
- Weekly deep conditioning, check
- Sticking with this, no desire to get highlights what so ever
- Goal reached :thumbsup:

I think I can squeeze in some more goals too.

- Keep up with no unnecessary touching, weekly deep conditioning and no bleaching
- No length check until November
- Do another no length check challenge after that (3-6 months)

Stray_mind
September 9th, 2019, 02:49 AM
Get to APL (seems realistic enough)
Find a fitting routine for my waves.

That is all. :)

Both goals achieved. Yey. :cheer:

lapushka
September 9th, 2019, 04:41 AM
I just hit FTL here last October. November 2018 marked 2 years of no trimming for me (November 2016, back to hip). And so I continue to grow. I am excited to see what 2019 brings for me with regards to growth. I am still no-trimming. I don't think I will make it to knee fully, but I will be on my way towards it at least.

Well I got "on my way" to knee, by hitting FTL.

But I cut back to classic, and do not regret it... one bit! I will be maintaining that length. I feel great at that "spot".

BerrySara
September 9th, 2019, 12:51 PM
This was so much fun to read everyone's goals :) I figured I will join as well in listing them.

1) No trim for 2019, just S&D
2) Reach MBL with wet/stretched hair
3) Reach APL with shrinkage
4) Take bi-monthly pics to track hair growth
5) Continue with weekly deep conditioning treatments

1) No trim for 2019, just S&D - Well I failed that one
2) Reach MBL with wet/stretched hair - Still a chance I will reach this
3) Reach APL with shrinkage - Not happening...my hair grows and it shows when stretched but when unstretched it just always looks stagnant so idk this goal seems years away
4) Take bi-monthly pics to track hair growth - Nope, didn't do that
5) Continue with weekly deep conditioning treatments - Woohoo I got a solid one!

Natalia_A00
September 9th, 2019, 01:51 PM
I've reached hip length, which is great, but I haven't learnt to make updos, buns or complicated hairstyles :( But I will try!