PDA

View Full Version : Tailbone length by Christmas 2019

Dante
November 16th, 2018, 05:09 PM
Anyone aiming for TBL by Christmas 2019? I can see threads for people aiming for waist, floor, classic, BCL but not TBL for this date.

I'm currently almost BCL (my goal was to get to BCL by Christmas 2018, and I'm so very close, but will wait till December to call it). I know for some people, BCL and TBL are fairly close, depending on your height, shape and how you call the different markers. But for me, they are a fair distance away, and at my rate of growth, classic (my ultimate goal) is a very long way away; I think it will likely take 2 years. That feels such a long time - I need an intermediate goal! I'd also like to have a decent trim in 2019 to even up my ends. Hence wanting to set TBL as my next goal!
Anyone else want to set this as their 2019 goal?

GrowlingCupcake
November 17th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Huh, I thought there was a thread for this, but I cannot find one either.

I'll join! I, too, am almost at BCL, and should be at BCL by Christmas/end of 2018. TB is an additional 4 inches for me, so I'm certain I can get there by next Christmas, even though I suspect my hair grows slower than half an inch a month. I do not plan on any trims, but I might cut bangs or face framing layers in after the end of the No Trimming in the first half of 2019 challenge.

I also think I'll reach classic in two years, with no trims. That's 45 inches on me.

How far off is TBL for you?

lapushka
November 17th, 2018, 12:35 PM
No I just looked it up; there was no thread for this length yet. :)

Good luck to all of you.

Andthetalltrees
November 17th, 2018, 02:53 PM
I'm at hip now, TBL is 7-ish inches away which is doable with my growth usually but I don't know if I need to nto get ahead of myself :o

enfys
November 17th, 2018, 04:06 PM
I think I'll be in on this one! I'm just at BCL at 34" and my very long bum means classic will be late 2020. With no big trims, BCL Christmas 2019 should be a nice interim goal.

I definitely need to remember this to inspire me not to have any big trims! I keep getting tempted now my layers are just to the last 3/4 inches!

Wendyp
November 17th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Yes me, I’m at bcl I was shooting for tbl by this Christmas but I have been trimming so next year it is!

Dark40
November 17th, 2018, 08:24 PM
I feel that on me BCL and TBL are the same length. Because, I'm short with a short torso so I feel that by Christmas of 2019 I will be able to make it there without any trims.

Andthetalltrees
November 17th, 2018, 08:31 PM
I feel that on me BCL and TBL are the same length. Because, I'm short with a short torso so I feel that by Christmas of 2019 I will be able to make it there without any trims.

They're within an inch on me too so I'm just calling them one and the same!

Dark40
November 17th, 2018, 08:38 PM

Yes, I know me too! It's funny that I had a good girlfriend of mine with hair about that long in high school. But that was 30 years ago. I don't know if she still has hair that long or not. Or, it she keeps in cut short.

ArabellaRose
November 17th, 2018, 09:58 PM
I'll need to measure later to figure out how far TBL is for me. I'm short (5ft 2) so I can't imagine it's that far from where I am now, I just have no idea what my growth is like!

Wendyp
November 18th, 2018, 05:09 AM

Tbl is about 4 inches from bcl for me but I guess I have a big butt. Lol

Wendyp
November 18th, 2018, 12:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/KsjrHNM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/z2A6Gxo.jpg

The first one is un brushed outdoor hair, but shows my length ...I need to keep trimming so next year is the goal.. i battle with dryness like 24/7 but im going to try the ROO method and see if that helps, my poor little waves are trying so hard to peek out :rolleyes:

Dark40
November 18th, 2018, 08:31 PM
I'll need to measure later to figure out how far TBL is for me. I'm short (5ft 2) so I can't imagine it's that far from where I am now, I just have no idea what my growth is like!

Yeah, I know whatcha mean on that note. I'm also short too (5ft 3) I've measured TBL on me, and that is 22 inches on me. My growth is pretty fast per month. I grow an inch per month but it is so sadly right now that my hair seems to be stalling at the same length. :( Which is WL!

Milady_DeWinter
November 19th, 2018, 01:06 AM
I'm in!!! :happydance: I calculated TBL by november next year, even with trims :D

I'm at 1" from BCL now but will trim 1-2" at the end of the year, so I'll be BCL sometime during the end of spring, and just 2" more to TBL :)

ArabellaRose
November 19th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Okay so TBL on me is 37.5 inches and my hair is currently around 31 inches. With microtrimming this might not be an achievable goal but I'm gonna see anyway :D

Wendyp
November 19th, 2018, 12:18 PM
heres day two hair, not sure why its always better the second day :popcorn:

https://i.imgur.com/xiL5uGt.jpg

Curlyeve
November 19th, 2018, 11:56 PM
I would like to join here. I am aiming for tailbone straight by the end of next year. My growth is an inch every month and half, and I started to take multivitamins, to speed the growth. I am also thinking of doing the inversion method. Do you guys think it is possible? This is my hair straight.

https://i.imgur.com/wUoRmtZl.jpg

ArabellaRose
November 23rd, 2018, 05:03 AM
Judging by my latest length pic I'm not certain I'll make it, but I'm gonna try! Blue is where I estimate TBL is on me (I have a short torso and a big bum).

https://preview.ibb.co/jA1CcA/20181123-114815.jpg (https://ibb.co/hzrpPq)

Ylva
November 26th, 2018, 12:33 AM
After a lot of hesitation, I decided to call TBL today. It still very much depends on the mood of my hair whether it's there or not, but I think it has been consistent enough lately to qualify.

This milestone will, however, be very short-lived on me for now as I'm doing a bigger chop after New Year.

Wendyp
November 26th, 2018, 09:45 AM
After a lot of hesitation, I decided to call TBL today. It still very much depends on the mood of my hair whether it's there or not, but I think it has been consistent enough lately to qualify.

This milestone will, however, be very short-lived on me for now as I'm doing a bigger chop after New Year.

Congrats!! :cheer:

Ylva
November 26th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Congrats!! :cheer:

Thank you! :flower:

Dark40
November 29th, 2018, 08:17 PM
I'm glad this thread was started! I had a good girlfriend of mine in high school that had hip length hair. Or, it is BCL or near TBL, and it was gorgeous! Her hair's texture was naturally curly, and she gotten it chemically straightened. Because, I remember the year I met her her hair was very curly, and then during her graduating year the first part of the year she had gotten it straightened. Because, on the first day of school she came to school with it pin straight. It was gorgeous! I wish I had photos but I don't, and her natural hair color is dark brown.

Ylva
December 4th, 2018, 08:29 AM
LMAO, I just realised this is the 2019 thread instead of 2018! :lol: I think I was meant to call my TBL in the 2018 thread instead.

Well, anyhoo, I think I could officially join this thread since, while I am TBL now, I'm going to have a chop (undecided on the size of it as of yet) at New Year and that'll take me well above TBL again. So we'll see if I can get back here in a year.

Synester
December 6th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Joining this thread because I really hope I can get there. im at waist length now, but my hair just grows so darn slow and is so fine it gets damaged by even just the wind blowing and i need it trimmed regularly or else it just gets nasty and knotty and unruly. *fingers crossed* Happy growing for everyone else on this thread! lets do this!!!

GrowlingCupcake
December 7th, 2018, 02:55 AM
Well, while it's been bumped xD:

I'm definitely on the path to 40 inches by 2019! I'm at 35 to 36 inches now, so another 5 inches should be doable :)

Ylva
December 7th, 2018, 06:43 PM
I'm definitely on the path to 40 inches by 2019! I'm at 35 to 36 inches now, so another 5 inches should be doable :)

Nice, won't even be in a hurry then!

Dark40
December 21st, 2018, 07:40 PM
I would like to join here. I am aiming for tailbone straight by the end of next year. My growth is an inch every month and half, and I started to take multivitamins, to speed the growth. I am also thinking of doing the inversion method. Do you guys think it is possible? This is my hair straight.

https://i.imgur.com/wUoRmtZl.jpg

Hi, your straight hair is gorgeous!!! :) I think it's possible to do the inversion method and make it to tailbone length by the end of next year. Especially, at the length you're at right now. I also take multivitamins to speed up my hair growth too. I also take them for my overall health as well. I grow 1.5" per month too. So, I'm figuring I'll be there by the end of next year too.

Joules
December 30th, 2018, 05:55 AM
Guys, I think I'm joining!

I should be at tailbone by next Christmas with very minimal trims, so I just hope my ends behave and stay just as nice as they are now.

Tailbone length (or as I like to call it, "mid butt length") has been my dream for many many years, and even though my current goal is Classic, the prospect of possibly hitting tailbone in less than a year is exciting!

Ylva
December 30th, 2018, 10:01 AM
I also joined tentatively earlier after my thread messup, but now I'm pretty sure I can actually reach TBL (again) by the end of next year. I'm cutting to about halfway between hip and BCL, so I should be able to reach BCL by the summer while microtrimming and then TBL by the end of the year.

Dante
August 19th, 2019, 06:43 AM
How is everyone going with their TBL by Christmas 2019 goal?

I'm at BCL+, so feel pretty confident I'll be at tailbone before end of year. I've also been on a no-trimming challenge for the last eight months but I feel I do need a trim soon. I am hoping I can trim a few centimetres and still make it - I think I should be okay to. It'd be nice to make my goal with more even and thicker ends than what I have at present.

Ylva
August 19th, 2019, 08:04 AM
How is everyone going with their TBL by Christmas 2019 goal?

I'm at BCL+, so feel pretty confident I'll be at tailbone before end of year. I've also been on a no-trimming challenge for the last eight months but I feel I do need a trim soon. I am hoping I can trim a few centimetres and still make it - I think I should be okay to. It'd be nice to make my goal with more even and thicker ends than what I have at present.

I don't think I will make it, to be fair, because of my two big chops. I might make it to BCL though and then there's not much left until TBL, for me.

Laurelin
January 6th, 2020, 07:41 PM
I was having a long family visit for 2 weeks so I couldn't upload it in time but here is; a picture of my hair length currently. :o I'm desperate to call it TBL just to feel like I made progress and to cross the goal of of the hair-goal list. It's very much in the middle of my BCL and Classic length and pretty much brushing the area I would consider TBL on myself :p
https://i.imgur.com/dDJbeJD.jpg

ArabellaRose
January 7th, 2020, 07:56 AM
Okay so TBL on me is 37.5 inches and my hair is currently around 31 inches. With microtrimming this might not be an achievable goal but I'm gonna see anyway :D

Well, the year started off well. I had a steady half an inch growth per month so if that held I would've reached my goal. Unfortunately my growth slowed and then stopped altogether through the year. I ended the year on 34.5 inches, so gained just about 3 inches. Not what I was hoping for at all.