PDA

View Full Version : Need help with hair style

Kate1
November 4th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I'm trying to braid my hair the way the American girl doll Kirsten's hair is styled, lol I just think it looks so cool, my little cousin has the doll and book series and I was trying to get it to work. It looks pretty simple but I just can't do it for some reason, there's probably a name for that style but I can't find it online. Thanks in advance.:)Image:Kirstenlogo.jpg - American Girl Dolls Wiki (http://americangirl.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Kirstenlogo.jpg)

purplebubba
November 4th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Kinda looks like pigtail braids that have been tied in place with the bow to make loops.
The braids are done behind the ears and the braid is bent forward to bring the ends up to above the ear.

But I'm guessing.

Duchess of Erat
November 4th, 2008, 02:27 AM
What purplebubba said, and I think they are called Affenschaukeln.

Laila23
November 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM
This is what I would do.

Divide your hair into two parts, down the middle. Put them in tight pig tails right behind your ears. Then braid the pig tail and tie it off. Then take the end of your braid and loop the end into the first rubber band that you used to hold your pig tail in place. Then tie a ribbon to cover it all up.

Alaia
November 4th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I had that doll. It is just two braids tied up in the way the previous posters said.

It was a cute hairstyle. I even dressed up as her once (I was 9, people), and it is definitely cute.

I might go do it now. Hehe...