PDA

View Full Version : Wash out chamomile rinses?

Lisa-K
November 15th, 2018, 02:04 AM
I'm planning to start using chamomile rinses every now and then in the hopes of adding subtle highlights after a while. I've read about some people actually washing their hair AFTER the chamomile rinse, while others use the chamomile as a final rinse and then let their hair dry. What would be best? Leave in or wash out?

TheMandaRose
November 15th, 2018, 08:58 PM
My suggestion is to wash, pour in the tea and top with conditioner and let it set while you do other things, then rinse. I don't think it would be a bad idea to use it as a final rinse either if you chose to go that way.

MusicalSpoons
November 16th, 2018, 07:11 AM
I can only think it would work if left on for a while and if you use them frequently. As it's a rinse, I'd assume you use it as a final rinse :shrug: But I noticed no difference when I used to do them (doesn't mean there was no difference; I wasn't really checking tbh) so my opinions don't count as someone having any experience :lol: also your hair is a lot lighter than mine so you're much more likely to see it working :)

Lisa-K
November 22nd, 2018, 02:45 PM
Thanks! Do you think it would be okay to throw some white vinegar in it? lol I do a cold white vinegar rinse once a week. Not sure if both would interact and cause some questionable result.

lapushka
November 22nd, 2018, 04:51 PM
I'm planning to start using chamomile rinses every now and then in the hopes of adding subtle highlights after a while. I've read about some people actually washing their hair AFTER the chamomile rinse, while others use the chamomile as a final rinse and then let their hair dry. What would be best? Leave in or wash out?

I used to do this rinse after I had washed my hair. I made it from chamomile flowers (used for loose-"leaf" tea). I don't even remember why I did them, but whenever I was in the sunshine, my hair had a definite more intense golden hue.

Lisa-K
November 28th, 2018, 02:57 AM
I used to do this rinse after I had washed my hair. I made it from chamomile flowers (used for loose-"leaf" tea). I don't even remember why I did them, but whenever I was in the sunshine, my hair had a definite more intense golden hue.

Yeah, it definitely works. I used to do these rinses as a teen. It takes a while for the first results to start showing, but it does make a difference on the long run. However, I also used cold white vinegar rinses, and I cannot remember whether I used both mixed together or not. And even if I did remember, I wouldn't know for sure whether that was the best idea in terms of damage control, since I didn't care about damage at all back then and had no clue about anything. So, I'm kind of wondering what to do now. Just slightly worried about some sort of strange reaction between the chamomile and the vinegar lol