PDA

View Full Version : Shed hairs turning into knots

AutobotsAttack
November 11th, 2018, 11:59 AM
I’m having trouble keeping tangles from forming into unruly knots. It seems that the normal shed hairs that come out, I can’t catch all of them, and since hair sheds everyday they always make tangles. Usually I catch the majority of them, but there are times where one single shed hair forms knots in various locations, since it’s rather long. I’ll find a knot towards the ends, towards my roots, and in the middle. I usually just snip out a tangle that’s way too tight to unravel with a sewing needle and my hands. Granted it’s never really noticeable, but it’s something that makes wash day a bit of a pain.

Perhaps maybe i should keep my hair sectioned more often to keep all the hairs in their in their respective place, and maybe detangle in smaller sections? I already part my hair into 5-6 sections, but I guess I need more? Any tips? My hair is nearing classic length, and the longer it gets the longer the shed hairs are which tangle a lot more fiercely than my shorter hairs do.

Dark40
November 11th, 2018, 04:14 PM
I would keep sectioning my hair is smaller sections. Do you use a detangler as you are detangling? That helps! Congratulations on reaching near classic length! I didn't know that you've gained some length since the last I saw you!!! :D

lapushka
November 11th, 2018, 04:40 PM
When I was classic, I had hardly any tangles and certainly no knots to speak of. Now that I am FTL all of a sudden it has all changed. Is it the added length? I'm unsure. I had a bad multi-strand knot on the left side of my hair when detangling post-wash today. Hate that. I do section in halves, more is not necessary for my hair.

Sectioning more might indeed work. Who knows. Maybe try? :)

AutobotsAttack
November 11th, 2018, 04:57 PM
I would keep sectioning my hair is smaller sections. Do you use a detangler as you are detangling? That helps! Congratulations on reaching near classic length! I didn't know that you've gained some length since the last I saw you!!! :D

Thank you! Think I’ve got maybe 3-4 inches until I’m at Classic. I typically detangle on damp hair, and use a coney serum since that gives me the most slip usually. But I probably need smaller sections.

When I was classic, I had hardly any tangles and certainly no knots to speak of. Now that I am FTL all of a sudden it has all changed. Is it the added length? I'm unsure. I had a bad multi-strand knot on the left side of my hair when detangling post-wash today. Hate that. I do section in halves, more is not necessary for my hair.

Sectioning more might indeed work. Who knows. Maybe try? :)

I’ll definitely give it a try

Dark40
November 11th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Thank you! Think I’ve got maybe 3-4 inches until I’m at Classic. I typically detangle on damp hair, and use a coney serum since that gives me the most slip usually. But I probably need smaller sections.

I’ll definitely give it a try

You're welcome! Ok, yeah I would do it in smaller sections.

Hairkay
November 13th, 2018, 01:15 PM
I second the use of smaller sections. I sometimes get the odd shed hair tangling up too.

SallySue
November 13th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Eek! I would not like to resort to the scissors on a regular basis, either. Try a thin oil, either in lieu of or in addition to your coney conditioner. On my last wash day I tried almond oil as a rinse-out. The most noticeable difference was that it remarkably reduced my time spent detangling.

Another detsngling product to look for is anything with marshmallow root.